What is YOUR opinion of beef jerky as a snack??

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
-Personally i like to get the jacks links Jalapeno (i love hot foods, i eat hot sauce on everything) for my 12 hour shifts on the weekends, nice snack in the morning good protein for the most part and some fats and sugars to keep me awake. I have never really had any issues with it, i prefer the homemade stuff more though.

Just wondering what you guys think of the stuff?

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I like the stuff a lot. If it was more affordable I would buy more of it.

MTNMEDIC

I smoke my own,.deer, elk, salmon, stealhead, trout. allways have a stash in the truck or my pack for the munchies !

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Jerky, imo, is one of the best snacks out there. Incredibly lean and packed with protein (something like 60g in one of the bigger bags). There are choices with lower sugar, as well. I see many out there for with only 3g of sugar per serving (4 servings in a bag).

As far as sodium content, I am not really afraid of salt. Sure it may cause to retain water if your hydration is not in check, but this ends up being a personal issue.

Bottom line, if the salt isn't going to kill yah, and the 3g of sugar is not too much for you...munch away!

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I smoke my own,.deer, elk, salmon, stealhead, trout. allways have a stash in the truck or my pack for the munchies !
I had elk and deer jerky at a gun show before, the elk was definitely the best jerky I've ever tried!

I made Pemmican before, that stuff is great.

I wouldn't eat commercial jerky everyday, make your own, much cheaper and healthier.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
You sir are more lucky than many men out there.

Someone, share your secret for home jerky.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I had elk and deer jerky at a gun show before, the elk was definitely the best jerky I've ever tried!

I made Pemmican before, that stuff is great.

I wouldn't eat commercial jerky everyday, make your own, much cheaper and healthier.

The price for commercial jerky is almost as much as a rip off as the price of whey.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
i am a big hunter so i luv venison jerky, alot cheaper then beef jerky as well

WeightShift

WeightShift

Awards
  • Established
I'm a huge jerky fan for snacks but I do consciously try to drink more water on those days (especially workout days where I have it).

As far as the price, I highly suggest everybody check your local wal-marts. I get my jack links there because they sell it for 50% off which comes to roughly 3 bucks. I have never been to a wal-mart that didnt do this. I may just be lucky, but its a constant for me. I have noticed the bags are ALWAYS 1-2 months away from their sell-by date, but they taste just fine.

Hope you guys find this deal too.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Too much salt and not exactly easy to digest. But who cares? It's jerky!

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
I broke 2 teeth (they were old root canals so were slowly drying out nad dying) so now my wife has absolutely restricted it from my diet...sigh

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
i think its great for a quick high protein snack meal witha bannana my personal favorite when i used to work over nights

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
forgot to mention it keeps my appetite in check real nicely

dommer

Banned
Awards
You sir are more lucky than many men out there.

Someone, share your secret for home jerky.
last time i did it i marinated a big piece of lean beef for a couple days in

soy sauce
teryaki sauce
Worcestershire sauce
fresh garlic
fresh parsley
fresh sage
chilli powder
and sriracha chilli sauce

it came out amazing

lciaccio

lciaccio

Awards
  • Established
if your cutting...high sodium will not help because it will retain water and bloat you..yes its a good choice for lean beef with protein tho...as for the spicey stuff...yea its good ****, esp cuz it will raise your metabolism, which means burning more calories

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
You must start selling to us anabolicminds.com beef jerks

I love beef jerky. :food:

lciaccio

lciaccio

Awards
  • Established
agreed! if its lower in sodium and not as expensive id buy some hahah!