Keto + M1T

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not sure if this belonged in the PH section or diet, so I threw it in here...

I am getting ready to start a cycle of M1T on Monday, and have been dong CKD for about 3 weeks. I must say that I LOVE CKD, and would hate to get off it. I feel so much better; carb lethargy sucks. The question I have is, is it advisable/acceptable to continue to subscribe to CKD while using the M1T? I assume since I will have my calories and protein up, that it shouldn't be a problem, but you cats are much wiser than I. Thanks.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
BUMP for the carb nazi input... ;)

Chemo

chi_town

Keto Jedi / HomeBrew Advocate
Awards
Not sure if this belonged in the PH section or diet, so I threw it in here...

I am getting ready to start a cycle of M1T on Monday, and have been dong CKD for about 3 weeks. I must say that I LOVE CKD, and would hate to get off it. I feel so much better; carb lethargy sucks. The question I have is, is it advisable/acceptable to continue to subscribe to CKD while using the M1T? I assume since I will have my calories and protein up, that it shouldn't be a problem, but you cats are much wiser than I. Thanks.

Are you cutting or bulking ?

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Re: Re: Keto + M1T

Are you cutting or bulking ?
Hoping to add some lean mass; I'll worry about dropping off fat later. More specifically, I want to add as much mass as possible without my bf% going anymore through the roof than it already is. Carbs just do that **** to me; this diet has given me the best results as far as fat loss that I have experienced (while keeping/gaining strength in a relatively short period of time-1 month vs. 6 mos). I was primarily wondering because of the good results I have seen so far from CKD as far as gains in strength, would like to continue if it's advisable.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what does your current Diet look like?
Breakfast:
5-6 whole large eggs
2 tbsp cream cheese
.3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbsp flax seed oil

Mid-Morning
.3 cup mixed nuts
5 pieces pepperoni

Lunch
8 oz. steak

Mid afternoon
.3 cup sunflower seeds
5 pieces pepperoni (or a couple slim jims, whatever's handy)

Pre workout
1 serving ON 100% whey (mixed w/ water)

Post w/o
3 servings ON 100% whey (mixed w/ water)
35 g dextrose w/creatine
2 tbsp flax seed oil
1 tbsp peanut butter

Supper
6 oz. Chicken breast
2 tbsp flax seed oil

That's generally my last meal. I might throw in some cream cheese or peanut butter if I'm starving. I also shoot for between 1.5 and 2 gallons of water per day.

According to Fitday, this diet generally works out to about 3600 cals; 262g fat, 290g protein, and 78g carbs. The carbs are accounted for with 35g post workout, and 10-15 g dietary fiber; that leaves me eating about 25-30g of carbs a day. Using the Ketostix (and my rancid piss), I stay in ketosis well; I have yet to eat anything during the week that kicks me out.

I supplement with ON 100% whey (obviously), creatine pre and post workout, a multi, potassium, magnesium, taurine, ALA (~500 mg per day), green tea capsules, flax oil, and glucosamine/chondroitin/msm.

I do about 45 minutes of low intensity cardio 3-4 days a week (HR ~60% of max) first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, and weight train 4 days. Back/Bis, Chest, Shoulders/Tris, and Legs.

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established

Post w/o
3 servings ON 100% whey (mixed w/ water)
35 g dextrose w/creatine
2 tbsp flax seed oil
1 tbsp peanut butter

Everything looks good to me id Eliminate the PB outta that One.

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
You should not have ANY fats Post WO - even while on CKD.

bmorefat

Awards
Seems that putting the flax oil in the PW shake would slow the absorbtion of the whey into your body.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It works just fine. You should try UD2 though as it works better. ITs much harder to do but it definetly works better.

prolangtum

prolangtum

Awards
  • Established
I finally got a copy of UD2, I only started to read it, but from other results, it seems to be a great diet. Maube if I let myself go, Ill have to implement it. But it is a must read for anyone intrested in diet, BF, leptin, etc.

prolangtum

prolangtum

Awards
  • Established
Downloaded it on PDF from Lyle's site, bodyrecomposition.com