the most enjoyable type of HIIT

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
what do you consider to be the most enjoyable form of high intensity or HIIT training?

I do 100m sprints but i'm not getting motivated enough these days. They do tend to bore me a little.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Swimming, MMA fight, sprinting, rope/wall climbing and 100lb heavybag.

Because of time I usually do the heavy bag and sprinting in that order, others are a lot less often....still not boring after 3 months....

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
running sucks and i hate it but the most effective i have ever done was on a track. sprint 100 walk 100.....until you complete 3-4 miles..... did it in the pouring rain one day....best session ever...felt like rocky. and believe me I HATE RUNNING!

Julio R

Awards
i like burning the track with my feet. the friction makes fire waves strong enough to burn a city.

i tend to switch from 100m to 40yard dash and sometimes i do it on the bike in the gym.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love doing intervals on a good ellipse machine - with my high intensity cycle set 3/4 effort. I use the static hand grip to pull my body forward and I drive hard like a football sled.

4 or 5 of these at 1 minute each (2 minutes speed cycle, low effort in between) will wipe you out quick

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Get on a treadmill and set it to this:
30 sec sprint at 10MPH and 10%
30 sec rest at 3.5MPH and 10%
Repeat 10x

2 min warm-up, 3 min cool down. 15 minutes is all it takes and it goes by very quickly.

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
jump rope is actually pretty fun for HIT. there is a learning curve involved, but the rhythmic aspect of it makes it a very interesting form of exercise. i think that is also a reason why it makes you a little more coordinated too.

HappyDP

Awards
I've just started doing sprints. 20 seconds flat out, 10 second walking rest. Repeat for 4 minutes. It's absolutely brutal in my current condition but I look forward to being able to really push myself through it, both mentally and physically.

When I've finished though and had some time to cool down...I really enjoy the feeling.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
HIIT isn't fun for me; I do it so intense that the only reason I do it is so I'm done in under 15 minutes. I almost always do the elliptical, although sometimes I sprint up hills.

HappyDP

Awards
Haha - I suppose that's actually what I like about it too. it's brutal but at least it's over quick.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
hmmm i might just do HIIT on the treadmill.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
jump rope is actually pretty fun for HIT. there is a learning curve involved, but the rhythmic aspect of it makes it a very interesting form of exercise. i think that is also a reason why it makes you a little more coordinated too.
Word up on jumping rope.

You can change speeds and challenge yourelf with different jump patterns.

Schecterx

Schecterx

Awards
Jump roping is AMAZINGGGG. One of these days I'll make a video and show you. Heavybag, and sparring.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
swimming and row machine

with the swimming i love doing hypoxic drills

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
what are hypoxic drills?
Swimming drills with as little air as possible, they are fun and exhausting and fun.....lots of fun :D

I liked what they did on Spike TV, they did fighting drills and worked out with masks/snorkels (nothing in water) to limit their oxygen intake but keep their intensity the same to work harder and then dumped them in ice/water from head to toe to decrease inflammation.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what are hypoxic drills?

You start by (sprint) swimming 50m freecrawl. Take a breath every 2 strokes. The next 50m you take a breath every 4 strokes and then continue to pyramid up and then back down. On a good day I can get to 10 or 12, but it's freaking tuff. Hypoxic drills build up your lungs, help endurance/stamina, breathing control and help to develop a mental toughness. This can even be done during a weight training session such as squats/ deads etc. but you would probably see people such as crossfit, Seals, recon, sf guys doing things like that. It's that strength, enduance, stamina deal we all strive for. I personally only do it with swimming and can attest to how well it has helped me to become a stronger swimmer.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You start by (sprint) swimming 50m freecrawl. Take a breath every 2 strokes. The next 50m you take a breath every 4 strokes and then continue to pyramid up and then back down. On a good day I can get to 10 or 12, but it's freaking tuff. Hypoxic drills build up your lungs, help endurance/stamina, breathing control and help to develop a mental toughness. This can even be done during a weight training session such as squats/ deads etc. but you would probably see people such as crossfit, Seals, recon, sf guys doing things like that. It's that strength, enduance, stamina deal we all strive for. I personally only do it with swimming and can attest to how well it has helped me to become a stronger swimmer.
When you're in FL hit me up to go workout! :FUfinger:

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Word up on jumping rope.

You can change speeds and challenge yourelf with different jump patterns.
I tried jumping rope for almost a month.

After I got the hang of it, it got boring. I did side jumps, double overs, jumping forward, backwards, etc.... I'd jump for over an hour and be bored as f**k, it leaves my quads and calves itching for some sprinting.

With a good pair of mma gloves, head gear and a mouth guard, I'm thinking 2 people can get a decent HE HIT workout.

ejg700

ejg700

Awards
I would have to say the best, most non-boring(does that even make sense?) HIIT, or any cardio for that matter, is done when you have a chick with a fabulous a$$ on the machine in front of you.:rofl:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would have to say the best, most non-boring(does that even make sense?) HIIT, or any cardio for that matter, is done when you have a chick with a fabulous a$$ on the machine in front of you.:rofl:
What about having sex with that chick?

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Get on a treadmill and set it to this:
30 sec sprint at 10MPH and 10%
30 sec rest at 3.5MPH and 10%
Repeat 10x

2 min warm-up, 3 min cool down. 15 minutes is all it takes and it goes by very quickly.

I dont' like the 30second really because it takes so much time to get from 3.5mph to 10mph on the treadmill. but if the speed moves quickly than that is a very fast good workout.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dont' like the 30second really because it takes so much time to get from 3.5mph to 10mph on the treadmill. but if the speed moves quickly than that is a very fast good workout.
I agree which is why I take those outside.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree which is why I take those outside.
Yeah i like to do Rollings 50's at the track by my house there is 50yards measured out so i sprint the 50 and then walk back and sprint it again.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That would be pretty awesome too, except I'd need a good 20-30 minutes of rest in between "intervals."
If during those 20-30 minutes, she goes into the kitchen and makes you a sandwich, she's a keeper.