Losing weight while maintaining/gaining muscle mass

fooze

Awards
alright, so I'm trying to cut some fat to improve my physique and get in shape for the military (joining the Navy) but I want to keep my muscle mass and even gain some mass if possible.

I'm 5'10", 210lbs, and I'm going to start eating a clean diet. I lift every day after school, with cardio as well.

so basically I just want some suggestions on what I can do to solve my problem.

also, I take Whey Protein and Creiteine, would that prevent/help my weight loss? and are there any supplements that could help me?

oh, and fat-loss > muscle gain atm

hope that helps to paint a picture.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
You could try a supplement out like Leviathan. Overall positive reviews of shedding good deals of fat mass and maintaining or building muscle.

mr j

Awards
u really dont loose much muscle when u loose weight. search around man this has been asked many times you will find your answer.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Protein powder is overall a good way to get fast digesting protein for you muscles, Creatine is supposed to be good for helping repair your muscles. Those are some good starts. BCAA's would be awesome for you since you are looking to maintain muscle. I've found that I've held on to muscle and lost fat easier while taking BCAA's during a workout and afterward than when I wasn't supplementing with them. They are an awesome supp.

Joining the military is going to put you into some hard core training. Eating healthy is a big key to making any great strides when it comes to gaining muscle and losing fat. That is always something that people need to remember. It is good that you are looking for ways to keep that muscle on. :thumbsup: Check out Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCCA's). Along with healthy eating, and a good workout routine, they should really help you out.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Go to the LG sponsored board and check out their BCAA+EAA and they have a coupon for half off their also. It would be $15 and be 30 servings. Worth a shot to check out at the very least.

thebizness92

Awards
Im lookin to do the same. Trying to cut body fat but maintain muscle mass. i weigh like 330 and im 5'10". Yeah i know thats huge right.

The thing is is dont look 330. My doctor said i looked 275 but the scale said different. Im healthy according to my doctor its just my diet is poor.

Ive seen pics on here of pp's transformations and im EXTREMELY MOTIVATED now more than ever to LOSE THE *******WEIGHT!!

Do you suggest me taking leviathian reloaded (Along w/ a strict diet and lots of cardio) if im trying to cut body fat?

Oh and will Leviathian work even if i have an Underactive thyroid?

any suggestions will be great!!

someguy1984

Awards
Im lookin to do the same. Trying to cut body fat but maintain muscle mass. i weigh like 330 and im 5'10". Yeah i know thats huge right.

The thing is is dont look 330. My doctor said i looked 275 but the scale said different. Im healthy according to my doctor its just my diet is poor.

Ive seen pics on here of pp's transformations and im EXTREMELY MOTIVATED now more than ever to LOSE THE *******WEIGHT!!

Do you suggest me taking leviathian reloaded (Along w/ a strict diet and lots of cardio) if im trying to cut body fat?

Oh and will Leviathian work even if i have an Underactive thyroid?

any suggestions will be great!!

This has got to be a joke...

Schecterx

Schecterx

Awards
i suggest u get on a healthy 2200 calorie diet, and consistent excercise routine first before u start on supps.

anabolicmma

Awards
I've been doing the same to cut weight for a fight. What I've been doing is barbell complexes and morning and evening cardio sessions around 20-30 minutes. Usually steady state in the morning and some HIIT in the evening. I've been using dcp and the results have been great. Just make sure you keep eating clean and have consistent training sessions. If you're losing weight too fast just add more calories. The goal is to take in as many calories as possible while having enough activity to burn enough calories to lose weight. Also keep eating otherwise your metabolim will slow down and you'll stop losing.