For those that have lost weight...

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Have you noticed as you are losing weight everything tends to get loose? I dont feel in the mirror like i have lost weight but my pantsize is dropping and my stomach and love handles feel looser

avenue Red

Awards
i lift heavy as possible so other parts arent loose but i notice my lower ab fat isnt really fat anymore but extra loose skin. im happy about it but now i have to tone it.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Well i guess i dont mean like loose skin, i mean in the beginning process of losing fat did anyone notice their fat areas went from feeling like a more solid form to a more cushy form... kinda like it was less dense? i dunno im sure someone knows what im blabbing about

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
your always your worst critic, if the clothes start fitting looser, the weight is dropping.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
your always your worst critic, if the clothes start fitting looser, the weight is dropping.
VERY true.

You might feel loose just because it isn't muscle yet, just keep cutting and doing your lifting until you see your abs/obliques and it won't be soft anymore ^_^

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I had that experience this morning. I have that dreaded loose skin with stubborn fat in the pockets. Lately Its seemed really hard to continue losing, and when I look in the mirror, of course I'm displeased with what I see. I was putting on my jeans this morning and they were sliding off my waist. I just bought these jeans a couple of weeks ago because I needed a bit smaller size. When I was walking out to my car, I could feel my jean bottoms dragging on the ground. So I'm happy and mad at the same time :think:

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah... everyone is definatetly their own worst critic... **** im probably at 220lbs @ 18+ bodyfat right now but 3 years ago before i got my head injury and couldnt lift i was 215 @ 12% and i thought I was totally out of shape even though i got lots of compliments all the time... todays goal... BETTER THAN 3 years ago :) haha

My weight dropped significantly this week with adding HIIT back in

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
yeah when i drop the winter weight i always look worse in the gut for a little while before it gets better

rarredoa

Awards
Have you noticed as you are losing weight everything tends to get loose? I dont feel in the mirror like i have lost weight but my pantsize is dropping and my stomach and love handles feel looser
I know what u mean... I've lost 60 lbs. My body fat's down from 26% to 11%. My skin's just as loose. I think a lot of it has to do with how old you are and now fast your skin will tighten. It's that "LIPO" effect, from what i've read it takes time for that to happen. Kinda sucks!

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think I understand what FlawedGrunt is trying to get at, that you seem to be more 'solid' before you start to lose weight, and once you do lose weight you start to feel softer and flabbier.
This is how I felt, and it can be a little disheartening.
This is why it is very important to pay attention to how you feel (fuller muscles, more endurance, easier to breathe, more energy, etc) when you are dieting, not only how you look or the scale (as you could be replacing fat with muscle and the scale might stay the same for a long time)

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
its true as you start cutting first you get gerth then you are softer then it all comes full circle and you will start to tighten up

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Ironic as I am experiencing the same phemomenon. I have lost about 55 lbs. As I am MUCH leaner than when I started(about 10.5" in waist), lately I have been extremely discouraged by the "loose middle syndrome." I can certainly feel everything right below the surface, and it seems as if it's close. However, as stated above feels much looser and softer than ever.

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
i often find that at these times i "treat" myself by throwing in a fat burner to really help that extra push

hadrion

Awards
I just lost 40 pounds and I can tell you I definitely noticed that the fat around my mid section got squishier/looser during this time period.

My belly definitely went from a solid fatty to a cushier form as I was losing.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
the good thing is i even have been noticing my back fat getting that way... when before it was only about halfway back on my love handles

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
i just look at it as once it starts getting that way it means it will tighten up soon, its just recognizing it for what it is and know its part of the process

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
i just look at it as once it starts getting that way it means it will tighten up soon, its just recognizing it for what it is and know its part of the process
Exactly! It's a sign that you a progressing and you need to remind yourself that fact despite actually feeling "flabbier." Like everyone said, once you get down to that level and maintain, it will tighten up again.

I always like to think of like the side of a dirt ledge. You start scrapping off the layers and the dirt is soft and new underneath. Once it gets exposed to the elements over some time it hardens up and solidfies again.

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
Exactly! It's a sign that you a progressing and you need to remind yourself that fact despite actually feeling "flabbier." Like everyone said, once you get down to that level and maintain, it will tighten up again.

I always like to think of like the side of a dirt ledge. You start scrapping off the layers and the dirt is soft and new underneath. Once it gets exposed to the elements over some time it hardens up and solidfies again.
thats a good anaology, i also like using the one about coal. fist off coal is rather fragile but when put under loads ofpressure over time...it turns into a diamond

cheloz28

cheloz28

Awards
  • Established
Same Here I've had those days were the jeans feel loose around the waist but my stomach was looking better when those jeans were snug. I just started HIT training this week so hopefully it gets better and all i can say is WOW about HIT! Cardio is actually FUN!

shoegazer

shoegazer

Awards
I know exactly what you're talking about FlawedGrunt, that's the point where Im at now and almost want to give up, however, once again thanks to you guys things are all put into perspective. :good: