Too Many Nuts

polarbear42psu

Awards
I have been eating 3 to 4 servings of nuts a day, mostly almonds and peanuts, as a snack at work between meals. Is there any thing wrong with this health wise? I realize the calorie density and I know nuts are good mono unsat. but is 3 to 4 servings a day, everyday too much?

Rhapsody

Awards
I have been eating 3 to 4 servings of nuts a day, mostly almonds and peanuts, as a snack at work between meals. Is there any thing wrong with this health wise? I realize the calorie density and I know nuts are good mono unsat. but is 3 to 4 servings a day, everyday too much?
When you say 'searving'...I'm guessing you mean one of the individual packs or about a cupful??

I eat sunflower seeds, cashews, and peanuts.....at least one pack a day for a high protein/low carb snack. I use to eat a EAS low carb bar but replaced it with the nuts because I felt it was healthier. It's better to take your protein from a food source instead of a shake or bar.

But I try to eat low carbs on a daily basis and about every 4-5 days do a refeed (eat anything I want).

Why do you eat them so much?? Low carb??

polarbear42psu

Awards
I just find it is ones of the easiest and discretest way to get my protein fat meal at work....when I say a serving I mean according to the package a serving of almonds is 1/4 cup. I reserve my protein carb meals for pre and post workout and for mornings after workouts--except for broccoli of course at every meal.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
If it is a protein/fat meal, then, absolutely, nuts are great.