Makes Sense but Dang.....

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
Ok Ive been Reading some Articles about Gaining Mass and Let Me Tell ya they seem Convincing.

I am Trying to Get to 200 Lbs (Now am At 165) and the Articles are Saying to Eat 25-30 Cals Per LB "That you want To Be" So in My Case 25x200 which Equals 5000 Cals. Hmm

Im Thinking that 5000 Sounds Extreme but if you Think about It It really is What all The Competitors Do. (Well not all) If you look at There Cometition Weight and There Off Season Weight then youd See that They are about an Avg of 30-40 LBs Heavier!!

ITS TIME TO BULK UP!!!

What are yalls Thoughts on This?

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
You were worried about fat gain, weren't you? IMO, if you are really worried about fat gain, start at bw X 18-20, work up from there.

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
Would That be 18-20 X The Weight i want to Be (200 LBs) So Approx 4000 Cals to Start?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Would That be 18-20 X The Weight i want to Be (200 LBs) So Approx 4000 Cals to Start?
I would start at my own bodyweight X 20, add calories as needed. Keep in mind that calorie demands increase as you go up in weight.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
18-20 X current bw. However, bearing in mind that you are an ecto, I would go X 20 for sure.

Bouncer79

Awards
No, use your current weight. I personally go by LBM (but will use a slightly larger multiplier)

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
i agree.. im getting about 22 calories per lb if not a little more right now and im making good progress... im an ecto so i never get too fat.. i get "not lean" but i never get really fat..

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
22X the BWT you want to be?? (Within Reason)

Im 174 Now so if i set my Cals to 22 x lets say 180 (Ultimate Goal of 200) then do it again at 180 do yall think thats a good way to do this?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
22X the BWT you want to be?? (Within Reason)

Im 174 Now so if i set my Cals to 22 x lets say 180 (Ultimate Goal of 200) then do it again at 180 do yall think thats a good way to do this?
hehe i have no idea what you just said ;)

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
In The Diet i was reading about it says to pick the Bodyweight you want to be. (In my case 200) Then set your cals to 20-25X that Bodyweight. I Figure that since im almost 174 now that 20X 200 would be too much for me right now. But if i set My Cals to 20 X lets say180 or even 185 that ill Realistically Gain That Weight (Not Sloppy Weight) Then Set Them at 190 and so on and so forth..

Hate to Confuse ya........

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
Eat 500-700 calories over maintenance, don't get fat. Consume mainly carbohydrates instead of fats while bulking, especially if it is lower calorie style bulking, and supplement with fish oil as it is a nutrient repartitioner. Take 900mg of ALA post workout with your dextrose as it will increase glucose disposal at this time. Other evidence suggests apple cider vineger has an effect like this as well. Creatine of course too... as you can see, all of this creates a state of actually eating more calories than you do, since your muscles will be loaded with more glycogen than if you didn't change your macronutrient ratios this way and supplement with nutrient repartiioners.