post lifting cardio with waxy maize

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
I am convinced I will need 2 cardio sessions a day to continue losing bodyfat, so the morning HIIT on empty stomach is not enough.

Now I'm trying to delicately balance my second cardio session, the one I want to do after lifting

As of now I do about 1.5 hours of lifting, and 30 minutes of low intensity cardio ( I usually don't do HIIT, usually can't actually after lifting ).

I just bought some of the primaforce waxy maize starch and after reading through the forums it seems like this could potentially be perfect to supplement with during my lifting then cardio cycle.

I was thinking

1.) 20 grams of waxy maize starch with bcaa pre-workout
2.) Sip EAA mixture during workout
3.) 20 grams of waxy maize starch with bcaa post-workout
4.) Hit the cardio for 30-35 minutes, low intensity
5.) whey isolate once I get home
* I workout late so after that there will be no more carbs that day, I will sleep within 3 hours of the workout.

The reason I thought WMS works well is because most people are claiming it does not raise blood sugar. If that's the case, then it won't put my body in "storage" mode, so the cardio can occur during a lower blood sugar and low insulin environment. However, it will still somehow replenish glycogen for the muscles...

any comments on that plan are much much appreciated. I am about 160lbs at about 10.5% bodyfat right now. I believe I am very carb sensitive as I have been doing 150 grams or less for 2 months of only oatmeal and very low glycemic carbs, so that's why I only chose to use 20 gram increments of the WMS.

Thanks!

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
id wait to drink your carbs till after cardio.

sportsfan4110

sportsfan4110

Awards
if you are 160 and 10%bf then why are you trying to lose weight. i would bulk up as it appears that you need to add some weight. i would do a clean bulk to maybe around 185-190lbs and see where you are at there. if you are to fat then cut but if not keep going.

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
if you are 160 and 10%bf then why are you trying to lose weight. i would bulk up as it appears that you need to add some weight. i would do a clean bulk to maybe around 185-190lbs and see where you are at there. if you are to fat then cut but if not keep going.
i'm pretty short actually, at only 5' 7.5

i'd like to get to sub 10%, stay there for a month to try to get my body used to that level of leanness, then bulk up and hope homeostasis keeps me relatively lean.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I would say to avoid the WMS pre-work out. You'd be better off with a whey shake - save the WMS for post-workout, especially since you are carb sensitive... That is if you are indeed set on taking WMS.

I find WMS is much more useful for bulking - people get this WMS stuff all twisted thinking it doesn't really count as food. BCAAs intra workout and whey post workout should give you all the fuel you need if you truly are 100% cutting right now.