Loose skin problem! Please help! - AnabolicMinds.com

Loose skin problem! Please help!

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  140 lbs.

Loose skin problem! Please help!

I lost a bunch of weight on a mix of low intensity cardio and low calories, I have a serious stomach skin problem! I have no idea what to do about it..
    I have no muscle tone and look like E.T. I can't afford surgery, and am afraid to start eating like a builder because I don't want to grow out of my clothes I just bought.

Any suggestions guys??? I'd appreciate it greatly, if anyone is serious I have pics..

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Start eating correctly (something like 40/40/20 nutrient ratio) and lifting weights. You can start at something like 200 calories over your maintenance calories.

#1 you will put muscle on slowly, so you wont outgrow your clothes for a LONG time (they will probably wear out before you outgrow them)

#2, the muscles will give you confidence and you won't care about the loose skin. Trust me on this one.

#3 most everyone will see you in clothes 99% of the time, and you will look great. Women will want you and by the time they know about your loose skin, it will be too late for them... they will be hooked.

I understand that you are paranoid about gaining the weight back... I was too, but if you count your calories, eat a balanced (40/40/20) diet, and lift weights, you will be fine.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

i agree. build muscle to fill the loose skin out.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  92 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimalG View Post
    Start eating correctly (something like 40/40/20 nutrient ratio) and lifting weights. You can start at something like 200 calories over your maintenance calories.

#1 you will put muscle on slowly, so you wont outgrow your clothes for a LONG time (they will probably wear out before you outgrow them)

#2, the muscles will give you confidence and you won't care about the loose skin. Trust me on this one.

#3 most everyone will see you in clothes 99% of the time, and you will look great. Women will want you and by the time they know about your loose skin, it will be too late for them... they will be hooked.

I understand that you are paranoid about gaining the weight back... I was too, but if you count your calories, eat a balanced (40/40/20) diet, and lift weights, you will be fine.
    This is a great post i have a loose skin problem as well from loosing over 60kg in 12 months and this post really gave me a boost thanks!
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.

I too, am a loose skin sufferer Its always destroyed my self confidence. Weight lifting has definitely helped. I only wish my problem was reduced to my stomach.
    Don't be afraid of eating. I'm eating more now then I ever have, and its helped out a lot. Just eat frequent(every 2-3hrs), and eat clean foods.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  162 lbs.

yeah man the loose skin sucks, I have it real bad too. Its all around my midsection, kinda giving me a goofy look. Doesnt help that my hips sit open and wide, so i have a wide base.

I've heard a bunch of things to help the skin tighten up. I havent tried any creams or the like, just the exercise and diet methods. I can lose weight and fill with muscle tone, but it only seems to reduce it slightly.

If you can build your body up like TheAnimalG says, you wont worry about it as much. Confidence is a huge part of it. When I was in great shape, I didnt care much about the skin.

feel good. look good.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. loose skin help
    By LanceRomance1 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-10-2009, 06:44 AM
  2. Why is my skin so loose on my body???
    By TheBreeze in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 04:06 PM
  3. Loose Skin help?
    By Gooma1 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 11:38 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-21-2007, 11:19 PM
  5. Loose Skin? Read Me...
    By Blown_SC in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13