Need some help with the Velocity Diet.

HelloEvo

Awards
SERIOUSLY considering going on the Velocity diet. Here's my beef though. If I'm supposed to drink 5 shakes a day, spread even through out, this is what I was thinking of doing. Buying either ON or ATW casein, and having 4 of those a day. I still have half a tub of ON banana cream regular whey, so even if I have 3 of those I'll still only have about 155 grams of protein, at 752 calories. I'm supposed to have 1300 on non-lifting days, and 1600 on lifting days (I weight about 170).

My question is, where am I going to get all that protein if I don't eat any chicken or tuna or something?

GXbcmFTO

Awards
SERIOUSLY considering going on the Velocity diet. Here's my beef though. If I'm supposed to drink 5 shakes a day, spread even through out, this is what I was thinking of doing. Buying either ON or ATW casein, and having 4 of those a day. I still have half a tub of ON banana cream regular whey, so even if I have 3 of those I'll still only have about 155 grams of protein, at 752 calories. I'm supposed to have 1300 on non-lifting days, and 1600 on lifting days (I weight about 170).

My question is, where am I going to get all that protein if I don't eat any chicken or tuna or something?
Double up the scoopage imo, or add some natty PB to em.

~GX

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established

Double your scoops per shake. Look into Team Skip blend from True Protein. Cheaper in bulk and you can mix and match flavors.

Make sure you take your fish oil, flax and fiber tabs (and figure that into your totals). Don't use straight whey, even for one shake a day, you will get WAY too hungry.

HelloEvo

Awards
How fat are you currently?
I'm 5'8, 170 pounds at 12-13% BF. According to the calculations I have about 148 lbs of LBM. I decided I'm not going to go on the V-Diet. I ordered 12 lbs of ON casein, then cancelled the order and decided to continue my current diet until I hit under 10%. I think I can achieve this by February if I keep up what I'm doing. I think I should just up my good fat intake a little bit as I'm only getting 25g of Fats a day, along with about 80 g of carbs and 190-200g of protein, to a grand total of about 1300-1400 cals a day. I think if i bump down my carbs a bit, and bump up my good fats to about 60g, I should be fine. What do you guys think?

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I'm 5'8, 170 pounds at 12-13% BF. According to the calculations I have about 148 lbs of LBM. I decided I'm not going to go on the V-Diet. I ordered 12 lbs of ON casein, then cancelled the order and decided to continue my current diet until I hit under 10%. I think I can achieve this by February if I keep up what I'm doing. I think I should just up my good fat intake a little bit as I'm only getting 25g of Fats a day, along with about 80 g of carbs and 190-200g of protein, to a grand total of about 1300-1400 cals a day. I think if i bump down my carbs a bit, and bump up my good fats to about 60g, I should be fine. What do you guys think?

Jesus. Yeah, you don't need the V-diet. Just normal cutting would drop the whopping 6lbs you need. Don't do the V-Diet when you are UNDER 10%, that's not what its for.

HelloEvo

Awards
Jesus. Yeah, you don't need the V-diet. Just normal cutting would drop the whopping 6lbs you need. Don't do the V-Diet when you are UNDER 10%, that's not what its for.
No, no. I'm not doing the V-Diet at all. My idea was to do the V-Diet to get to under 10%, then I realized it's really overkill, and normal cutting (with a little help from the ECY stack, and maybe DCP) will do the trick just fine. What I meant by continuing my diet until I hit 10% was, that when I finally do hit 10%, I'm going to have to cut back some cals and eat even cleaner to get under 10%.
Do you think that cutting back carbs and adding more good fats would help the fat come off more or should I stick to the 25g per day? (only about 5-8 of those being sat)

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
No, no. I'm not doing the V-Diet at all. My idea was to do the V-Diet to get to under 10%, then I realized it's really overkill, and normal cutting (with a little help from the ECY stack, and maybe DCP) will do the trick just fine.
Do you think that cutting back carbs and adding more good fats would help the fat come off more or should I stick to the 25g per day? (only about 5-8 of those being sat)

Personally, I like High Protein, High Fat, Lower Carb diets. How much have you cut already? How do you respond to carbs? Fat gain? Bloat? etc.

Healthy fats are good for you. Have you stalled in your weightloss? 2lbs / week should have you where you want to be in November. Winter is for bulking!

What are you trying to do? Just get to 10%? Then what? maintain? Clean bulk?

HelloEvo

Awards
Personally, I like High Protein, High Fat, Lower Carb diets. How much have you cut already? How do you respond to carbs? Fat gain? Bloat? etc.

Healthy fats are good for you. Have you stalled in your weightloss? 2lbs / week should have you where you want to be in November. Winter is for bulking!

What are you trying to do? Just get to 10%? Then what? maintain? Clean bulk?
Well I've been working out since I was 17 and I've been, literally, ALL over the place. I went through a dirty bulk phase where I weighed 210 at 19-20% BF, then I stopped working out for a while, then I started working out again and went from 18% BF at 190lbs to 14% BF at 188 lbs (using AP and PF, no joke) one month. I've been pretty steady at 186 lbs up until a couple months ago where I just all of a sudden started shedding weight without even working out. It was pretty mind boggling and I still don't know what happened, I've been trying to figure it out so I can do it agian. Basically, I went from my steady 186, to 170 in like two and a half weeks, and I only went to the gym three or four times in those two and a half weeks. I've been steady at 170 for a little over a month now. A month ago I as 14% at 170. I figured I'd take advantage of the situation and start a crazy cut so I've been cutting for a month and now I'm at 170 but I'm at about 12-13 %, and I haven't been on any supps either.

This is getting really long, and I apologize, so I'll try to cut it short. My ultimate goal is to be at around 165 at 8-9%. So after I cut down, I'm gonna need to go on an ultra clean bulk for a while. I'm really paranoid about carbs. The only time I don't feel guilty eating them is when I'm on Anabolic Pump. Other than that I try to minimize them.