big gut

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i have exhausted all i can think of too lose fat. i haved accomplished this to a good degree thruout my entire frame except my gut. no matter what i do it will not shrink in size. im currently on the CKD diet, and the rest of my body is responding well, but the gut remains. what do i need??? is this a cortisol problem???

trend747

trend747

Awards
i have exhausted all i can think of too lose fat. i haved accomplished this to a good degree thruout my entire frame except my gut. no matter what i do it will not shrink in size. im currently on the CKD diet, and the rest of my body is responding well, but the gut remains. what do i need??? is this a cortisol problem???
If you were to be honest with yourself, how strict is your diet? Are you taking any drugs to help with your weight loss? How long have you been working on your weight loss? What does cardio look like? How many times per week?

Do you know if you are a meso/endo/ectomorph?

Just trying to get an idea so I can help you. I too have problems when I am bulking up where my gut is always the sticking point and everything else looks great. You literally need to have a spotless diet and be a cardio maniac... especially if you are a meso/endomorph...

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Do you have a soft flabby stomach or a hard round belly that sticks out.

Could be the abdonimal lining is stretched out and this can be fixed by holding it in through out the day.
This condition is usually paired with back pain or problems.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Cotrisol could be the culprit. If you are older, or have a stressful job these can definitely add to the cortisol problems. My father is the same way. He's losing weight everywhere except the gut.

Search the forums for a cortisol control/anti-cortisol. I like lean extreme but there are others as well.

PS- how exact is your diet?

Rican4lfe

Awards
is almost the same for me..... but my gut actually got tighter but my "love handles" are starting to become annoying..... arms chest back legs have got bigger an tighter, but love handles still hanging around..... cardio 12 times a week (30 min am/pm) , spit am/pm weight lifting mon- fri. diet not that accurate but trying to eat consistently every 3 hours mostly proteins (300-400 cal per meal) 5 - 6 meals a day... currently loosing about 2-3 lbs a week.. muscle seems to be holding.....

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Is there any way you can test your body PH? A slightly acidic body (stress, overtraining, insufficient ruffage, over the counter meds, certain supps, lack of water, imbalanced macros) can lead to this and your body MUST store fat to buffer the acidic levels.
This is why many can never lose stubborn fat because their body puts it back on first chance it gets to buffer the free radicals and acid that doesnt always leave with the fat leaving. Much like when you pack dishes in a move only your organs are the dishes and your fat is the packing.
Could be cortisol .

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i have a hard big gut. and my diet is very strict, usually down to the hour with meals and supps. really trying hard. been on the CKD diet for a while and have gotten great results all over by body, except the gut. guess i need to focus more on cardio.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i have a hard big gut. and my diet is very strict, usually down to the hour with meals and supps. really trying hard. been on the CKD diet for a while and have gotten great results all over by body, except the gut. guess i need to focus more on cardio.
Definitely sounds like Cortisol to me.

I would run a combo of Napalm and Lean Extreme, and concentrate on working lower back exercises as well.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
If your belly is hard and sticks out its not fat or there would be fat jiggling and soft around your abdominal muscles.

Transverse Abdominal Muscle extends from the rib cage to the hips also known as the breathing muscle. Wrapping from front to back it contains and supports the organs there.

In the front the transverse abdominal muscle attaches to the linea alba. The linea alba tends to lose its strength when distension occurs. Strengthening the transverse abdominal muscle may be a good way to restore integrity to the linea alba. Also, when the linea alba is weak, lordosis is increased.

Lordosis is a term that describes the forward direction of a spinal curve (when viewing from the side).

This is common in pregnant women, binge eaters, people with hernias and where heavy lifting deadlifting and inferior ab work/ development have allowed this gradual stetching of he transverse muscle.

The 6-pack, rectus abs facilitate forward motion and the transverse muscles hold the stomach flat, so distension is likely to be because of weakend transverse muscles.

The "vaccuum" is a classic transverse display being the opposite of distension i would assume such excercises would "pull" the stomach back in.
Could be cortisol.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
Do you have a soft flabby stomach or a hard round belly that sticks out.

Could be the abdonimal lining is stretched out and this can be fixed by holding it in through out the day.
This condition is usually paired with back pain or problems.

hmmm... i seem to have this issue....

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Could be what the other posters said, could be internal fat pushing your stomach out, or a combination of more than one factor.

Experiment with different diet/HIT/exercise routines.

GXbcmFTO

Awards
One thing you can do to "police" yourself on your diet is to be brutally honest with yourself and log everything you eat, you can even log it here using the diet tracker.

I had thought my diet was going well, but then I decided to write everything down and eventually log it...seems my protein was a bit low, carbs were fine below 50g/day, and and fats were high (too much olive oil and whole eggs!). So logging everything for me showed me where I needed to tweak the diet to get it spot on, and the fatloss while retaining muscle mass continues.

~GX

conwict

conwict

Awards
  • Established
Post what you've eaten, precisely, for the last few days, or if you can't (which is a problem IMO), post same in a few days.

Also, you may want to try hip flexor stretches off a bench/step and transversus abdominus strengtheners like the vacuum.

T-Nation.com | The Lost Secret of Ab Training

IRONPOPE

IRONPOPE

Awards
  • Established
i would supplement on CISSUS. Its a cortisol blocker.... people have had success with it