liquid Drano for the arteries??

G

Greenguy

Awards
  • Established
I have read this and this points out what I think is the biggest danger of AAS: the severe reduction in HDL that often occurs.

We have good drugs for reducing LDL (elevated by AAS), but nothing comparable for elevating HDL.

Low HDL means plaque is formed in the arteries at an accelerated rate.

Greenguy

J

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Right, so this is why I'm wondering when we'll see this to alter lipid profiles after cycling?

Could be a very positive thing for AAS users IMO :)

G

Greenguy

Awards
  • Established
Well, there is no indication in the small study done that this treatment would restore your natural (? I guess i mean high) HDL.

It seems to be something that would over a long period in order to reduce the buildup of plaque in the arteries. I think if you stopped your HDL/LDL levels would revert, but who knows. All the docs are saying long term studies are needed.

As a 50 year-old person who has many health problems including diabetes (type 2), I am really looking forward to being able to get this treatment, or maybe even a more effective version.

If it could remove 90% of the plaque I could have virgin arteries to commence fucking up all over again!

Greenguy

J

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Greenguy
If it could remove 90% of the plaque I could have virgin arteries to commence fucking up all over again!

Greenguy
LMAO, oh so true :D