pushin 40 is loosin his gut

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  198 lbs.
    Answers

pushin 40 is loosin his gut

Well I have finally had enough and I am goin low carb..again. Have done well in the past but I feel I have my head together and am going to make it stick. I am 5'8" and about 200lbs. Although the actual number doesnt matter I feel I have about twenty five pounds to drop. I want to thank all of you in advance for the info found on this site. I ill be adding sups and will update regularly...

2. Registered User
    Stats
    4'10"  272 lbs.
    Answers

Have your vitamins & mineral intake down.

Empty stomach cardio upon waking.
    Cardio post workout before your post workout shake/meal

Intense lifting sessions.

Carbs/Fat low, High Protein throughout the day.
    Do not eat any carbs late in the day.

Drink plenty of water, and get plenty of sleep.

No sodas......
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Y athats my goal and thanks for the info.. I rarely drink soda.. I will be addinng plenty of cardio after my first week of dieting need to acclimate before I add another stress. I have started working out regularly.. I have a Bowflex( I know I know ) but its paid for convienent and I USE it.. So for now it works well for me..
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    4'10"  272 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pushin40 View Post
    Y athats my goal and thanks for the info.. I rarely drink soda.. I will be addinng plenty of cardio after my first week of dieting need to acclimate before I add another stress. I have started working out regularly.. I have a Bowflex( I know I know ) but its paid for convienent and I USE it.. So for now it works well for me..

Cool!

Bowflex is fine for your goal, which seems to be lose weight and be healthy.

Gaining muscle, and real strength gains will not happen with the bowflex!

Next a bowflex rep will come in this thread saying someone gained 30lbs in 3 weeks using the bowflex lol
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection300 View Post
    Cool!

Bowflex is fine for your goal, which seems to be lose weight and be healthy.

Gaining muscle, and real strength gains will not happen with the bowflex!

Next a bowflex rep will come in this thread saying someone gained 30lbs in 3 weeks using the bowflex lol
    Loose some weight tone up and get fit.. After the beggining of the yeay I might go back to the Gym to gain some size.. Right now though I need to loose it it is very difficult for me to loose but I gain very easily
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Well here are my before pictures will update regularlyName:  CIMG0765.JPG
Views: 137
Size:  172.3 KB

Name:  CIMG0766.JPG
Views: 140
Size:  164.0 KB
  7. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection300 View Post
    Have your vitamins & mineral intake down.

Empty stomach cardio upon waking.
    Cardio post workout before your post workout shake/meal

Intense lifting sessions.

Carbs/Fat low, High Protein throughout the day.
    Do not eat any carbs late in the day.

Drink plenty of water, and get plenty of sleep.

No sodas......
    fat should not be low when carbs are low, more possibilies for gluconeogenisis,

fat moderate (it will fuel your workouts) carbs very low (not zero but no more then 50 -6o perday) protien high,

when you diet with low fat people tend to have lower testosterone , the fats will keep optimum hormone levels and muscle bellies full.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post

fat moderate (it will fuel your workouts) carbs very low (not zero but no more then 50 -6o perday) protien high,

when you diet with low fat people tend to have lower testosterone , the fats will keep optimum hormone levels and muscle bellies full.
    Thanks for the input. I try to keepdietary fat as low as possible as I take fish oil and use olive oil whenever possible
  9. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks for the input. I try to keepdietary fat as low as possible as I take fish oil and use olive oil whenever possible

dietary fat should be about half your LBM
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  169 lbs.
    Answers

Agree here 100%!
    People need to get it out of their heads that eating any amount of fat will directly become fat!

Best thing I have ever read was an artical that said over 10 years ago everything started becoming "low fat/nofat/reduced fat" and guess what people are still getting fat!

I suggest take in the best fats you can if they are in the meat you eat for for it! There are many good sources of EFA's not only do they provide a good source of fat but the overall benefits are outstanding! Truely with the exception of a pure lard diet you will only benefit from moderate fat intake.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by striking View Post
    Agree here 100%!
    People need to get it out of their heads that eating any amount of fat will directly become fat!

Best thing I have ever read was an artical that said over 10 years ago everything started becoming "low fat/nofat/reduced fat" and guess what people are still getting fat!

I suggest take in the best fats you can if they are in the meat you eat for for it! There are many good sources of EFA's not only do they provide a good source of fat but the overall benefits are outstanding! Truely with the exception of a pure lard diet you will only benefit from moderate fat intake.
    I never bought in to the fat makes you fat thing But i had no idea fat intake should be that high, thanks for the help
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  169 lbs.
    Answers

IMO the problem is that fat has a bad image.

In other words people want to eat huge amount of what ever crappy food (which contains lots of fats) and then say that it is "all the fat making them huge."

So then fat gets this bad image going.

When in fact they should be saying "O gee I eat 3000 more calories then I need durning the day and don't workout that is why I am so fat! "

Truth is fat is not a bad thing our body needs it to live and if we eat a clean diet with a balanced intake your body will become more fit. It boils down to intake and output. You eat healthy fats in healthy foods and you will see good results!

Best of luck!
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by striking View Post
    IMO the problem is that fat has a bad image.

In other words people want to eat huge amount of what ever crappy food (which contains lots of fats) and then say that it is "all the fat making them huge."

So then fat gets this bad image going.

When in fact they should be saying "O gee I eat 3000 more calories then I need durning the day and don't workout that is why I am so fat! "

Truth is fat is not a bad thing our body needs it to live and if we eat a clean diet with a balanced intake your body will become more fit. It boils down to intake and output. You eat healthy fats in healthy foods and you will see good results!

Best of luck!
    Again thanks for the info. I have always known that CALORIES make you fat not fat.. But I still thought you should keep them (fat Calories) as low as possible.. Thanks for thehelp everyone.. Having a board like this sure makes life easier and more entertaining sometimes....Dont be afraid to light a fire under my ass though. I work better under pressure....
  14. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Answers

Again thanks for the info. I have always known that CALORIES make you fat not fat.. But I still thought you should keep them (fat Calories) as low as possible.. Thanks for thehelp everyone.. Having a board like this sure makes life easier and more entertaining sometimes....Dont be afraid to light a fire under my ass though. I work better under pressure....

calories itself dont make you fat, its how they are used in the body, for example carbs have an illicit insulin response which causes fat gain (its the fat storage hormone) heres a study for you...
    Attached Files Attached Files
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  198 lbs.
    Answers

This is killing me I just CANT eat near enough.. I feel stuffed all day..Damn
  16. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Answers

This is killing me I just CANT eat near enough.. I feel stuffed all day..Damn
    alternate between shakes an meals,

id normally have a shake in the morning, then next time i eat will be a meal, and i alternate like that, works well. especially if your not hungry its easier to drink a whey isolate in water with some oil then it is to eat 4 whole eggs and 8 whites.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  198 lbs.
    Answers

alternate between shakes an meals,

id normally have a shake in the morning, then next time i eat will be a meal, and i alternate like that, works well. especially if your not hungry its easier to drink a whey isolate in water with some oil then it is to eat 4 whole eggs and 8 whites.
    Thanks Been tryin.. Sipping shakes all day instead of water.Shakes are made with water. I have been trying to loose weight for a while and never realized how little I actually eat. My metabolism must be stopped damn..
  •