help need dont know what to eat - AnabolicMinds.com

help need dont know what to eat

  1. New Member
    viperface86's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  167 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    73

    Reputation

    Unhappy help need dont know what to eat


    I have recently started working out but i see no results i want to have a tone body. i heard that diet is key but i have no idea what the hell to eat. i eat the same as i always did. so if anyone could help me or direct me in the right direction. oh and im thinking of talking supplement but dont know what, recommendations please. thanks

  2. Advanced Member
    manifesto's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    755
    Rep Power
    471

    Reputation

    at 167 lbs. I would say just eat broseph...
    Armed to the teeth.
  3. Banned
    Omen's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,368
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Viperface86
    I have recently started working out but i see no results i want to have a tone body. i heard that diet is key but i have no idea what the hell to eat. i eat the same as i always did. so if anyone could help me or direct me in the right direction. oh and im thinking of talking supplement but dont know what, recommendations please. thanks
    Tone body, ok, I'm guessing you want a "Nelly type of body? "

    So you need to build muscle, but you also need to cut down on bf%,

    There are many approaches out there, low fat, low carb, Anabolic diet, Warrior diet, IF, CKD, Carnivorous, Paleolithic, South beach, Atkins, etc...

    You need to research and see what works most with you, I find a low <20g carb diet with high fat and protein to be the best, others don't, you need to look for a sensible plan that works for you.

    Research then post it here, for the time being, avoid grains and fruit juices, eat little fruit, vegetables, mostly meat & eggs, no candy, no junk, as little processed food as possible, lots of water, multi and vit C.

    Also post your training, you need to actually have one and post it so we can modify it and improve it, I doubt anyone will formulate a plan for you personally, just post your diet and training and improvements after research then we'll go from there.


    Quote Originally Posted by manifesto View Post
    at 167 lbs. I would say just eat broseph...
    This is bad advice, he might be "skinny fat".

    "Low weight" but fat makes a higher percentage of his BW than normal, so he "just eats" gains more weight, then comes back @ 180lb "even fatter" "Bros! I need some help with a cutting diet"!

    Even if you can avoid storing bf while eating junk, or even "dirty bulking" doesn't mean you should, that sh*t is nasty for your body.
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    manifesto's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    755
    Rep Power
    471

    Reputation

    167 at 5'11...? I doubt he is skinny fat...
    Armed to the teeth.
  5. New Member
    bigthick44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    102

    Reputation

    my diet has worked well for me, seeing as i lost 60 pounds while still keeping muscle. took a year, but had to stay in the 240 range for powerlifting for about 3 or 4 months. breakfast is some all the whey isolate with half a cup of oats and fat free milk. first snack is either carrots or raisins. lunch is 8oz of lean turkey. next snack is 2 servings of quaker cakes. preworkout is 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter. pwo is the same as breakfast. dinner is either tyson grilled chicken or 8oz of turkey.
  6. Professional Member
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    2367

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by viperface86 View Post
    I have recently started working out but i see no results i want to have a tone body. i heard that diet is key but i have no idea what the hell to eat. i eat the same as i always did. so if anyone could help me or direct me in the right direction. oh and im thinking of talking supplement but dont know what, recommendations please. thanks
    dude post your diet. what you eat and when you eat it. also include times of food intake and WO time. lets start there
  7. Senior Member
    jsp0785's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    972

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by viperface86 View Post
    I have recently started working out but i see no results i want to have a tone body. i heard that diet is key but i have no idea what the hell to eat. i eat the same as i always did. so if anyone could help me or direct me in the right direction. oh and im thinking of talking supplement but dont know what, recommendations please. thanks
    unless u write down all the nutritional information of what you eat you're not going to realize how little calories you're actually eating. i always thought i was eating a lot be estimating but come to find out i wasn't close. i try to get in 3,500 cals a day and you don't realize how much food that is without eating garbage fast food and stuff like that. my advice write everytihng down and adjust what you need to do from there. u not stating how many calories you eat shows u need help and also if you are lifting more and trying to get bigger eating the same as you always had is probably not a good place to start.

    eat chicken, very lean beef only, turkey, eggs, oats, tons of vegetables, regardless of what people say fruit is fine, unless ur going in for contest prep. the fructose is stored as muscle glycogen and the fiber slows down it's digestion making it more into a complex carb. stay away from white food, ie eat wheat or 12 grain breads brown rice, wheat pasta. you're only chance at your size is to eat and eat contrary to what somebody else earlier said. at your size you're not going to be able to make big "lean" gains. you're gonna have to bulk up, most say 30-40lbs about the weight you want to be at then cut down from there. i'm in the process of doing that now which is going to be depressing not seeing abs for the first time in my life but it's what needs to be done. you're not going to gain muscle and lose fat unless you're on roids and your diet is controlled by a nutritionist and prepared completely to the correct specs.
  8. New Member
    Nacho1545's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    148

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jsp0785 View Post

    eat chicken, very lean beef only, turkey, eggs, oats, tons of vegetables, regardless of what people say fruit is fine, unless ur going in for contest prep. the fructose is stored as muscle glycogen and the fiber slows down it's digestion making it more into a complex carb. stay away from white food, ie eat wheat or 12 grain breads brown rice, wheat pasta. you're only chance at your size is to eat and eat contrary to what somebody else earlier said. at your size you're not going to be able to make big "lean" gains. you're gonna have to bulk up, most say 30-40lbs about the weight you want to be at then cut down from there. i'm in the process of doing that now which is going to be depressing not seeing abs for the first time in my life but it's what needs to be done. you're not going to gain muscle and lose fat unless you're on roids and your diet is controlled by a nutritionist and prepared completely to the correct specs.
    I'm going to have to agree with all of this... I'm in the same boat right now.. I dropped 60 lbs of fat but didn't have the muscle to look good.. I had a hard time gaining strength and muscle without eating enough food.. Now since I started eating right, I have gained about 12 pounds of muscle with only 3-4 pounds of fat (which I can cut back down very quickly since I lost it to begin with)... Its sad gaining weight and not be able to see my new abs but its what had to be done...
  9. Senior Member
    jsp0785's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    972

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Nacho1545 View Post
    I'm going to have to agree with all of this... I'm in the same boat right now.. I dropped 60 lbs of fat but didn't have the muscle to look good.. I had a hard time gaining strength and muscle without eating enough food.. Now since I started eating right, I have gained about 12 pounds of muscle with only 3-4 pounds of fat (which I can cut back down very quickly since I lost it to begin with)... Its sad gaining weight and not be able to see my new abs but its what had to be done...
    i don't know if its just me but some of this stuff seems like common sense and i don't understand why people don't get it. i mean if it was that easy to gain muscle a lot more people would be big. hell there's a ton of people out there on roids who just aren't big because they don't eat right. diet is 95% of it and i think it's funny when i hear out of shape people asking the big guy in the gym what he does for a workout... u need to be asking the guy what he eats and when he eats it. u lift heavy pretty much no matter what you do with decent form ur gonna grow.
  10. New Member
    Nacho1545's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    148

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jsp0785 View Post
    i don't know if its just me but some of this stuff seems like common sense and i don't understand why people don't get it. i mean if it was that easy to gain muscle a lot more people would be big. hell there's a ton of people out there on roids who just aren't big because they don't eat right. diet is 95% of it and i think it's funny when i hear out of shape people asking the big guy in the gym what he does for a workout... u need to be asking the guy what he eats and when he eats it. u lift heavy pretty much no matter what you do with decent form ur gonna grow.

    Believe it or not, one guy I work with is trying to cut and lose weight yet he eats like I did when I cut (a bird eats more).. But he is also trying to build up mass\muscle at the same time.. I tried to explain that he needs food to grow but he won't listen...
  11. Senior Member
    jsp0785's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    972

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Nacho1545 View Post
    Believe it or not, one guy I work with is trying to cut and lose weight yet he eats like I did when I cut (a bird eats more).. But he is also trying to build up mass\muscle at the same time.. I tried to explain that he needs food to grow but he won't listen...
    i used to work at gnc believe me i've heard it all. the guys who say they don't want to take creatine because they don't wanna look like the dudes in the magazine they just want something to make them get a little bigger and lean out.
  12. New Member
    Nacho1545's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    148

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jsp0785 View Post
    i used to work at gnc believe me i've heard it all. the guys who say they don't want to take creatine because they don't wanna look like the dudes in the magazine they just want something to make them get a little bigger and lean out.
    Haha.. I wish it was as easy as taking some creatine to get like that.. I would only need to take half a scoop in that case..
  13. New Member
    Johnnywalts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    77

    Reputation

    Hey, I think you have to take food five times a day and also do include lot's of water in this. Include with fruits, Milk, Some amount of calories etc.
  14. Senior Member
    jsp0785's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    972

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Nacho1545 View Post
    Haha.. I wish it was as easy as taking some creatine to get like that.. I would only need to take half a scoop in that case..
    wait no when i told them about the bulk mono that u just mix with juice that wouldn't work or when i told them to buy optimum nutrition protein. none of that would work because they heard muscle tech was the best and i always said to them who said that the label or the magazine ad. anybody who would drop $80 on a 5lb jug of protein and another almost $80 on creatine is just plain
  15. New Member
    Nacho1545's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    148

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jsp0785 View Post
    wait no when i told them about the bulk mono that u just mix with juice that wouldn't work or when i told them to buy optimum nutrition protein. none of that would work because they heard muscle tech was the best and i always said to them who said that the label or the magazine ad. anybody who would drop $80 on a 5lb jug of protein and another almost $80 on creatine is just plain
    hahaha... agreed...
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. DONT ASK DONT TELL keep it leave it & why
    By SELFofGOD in forum Politics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 08:02 PM
  2. I dont get it.
    By jon21 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-02-2009, 11:03 AM
  3. Dont know where to put this but take a look!
    By just93 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-20-2008, 08:31 PM
  4. need help ? dont know how to ask.
    By triplez in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 10:09 AM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-30-2006, 02:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in