Lucky's Velocity Log (Yup...another one if you're interested)

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Background: I am always out to test new things, and I thought I would give this cutter a shot. Before pics will be posted pretty soon (hopefully). I have been lifting heavy and eating big for quite some time, and figured it was time to cut up a bit with the hope of maintaining my mass. I will attempt to invest a solid 3 weeks into this plan, and may carry through with the fourth. The reason being, I will be away from home for this 3 weeks (working on cruise ships, which...by the way, is amazing) and will be returning home 21 days from today. If I can continue the 4th week, I most certainly will. It depends on the situation when I get back home to the family. Anyway, here goes nothing...

Starting Stats (general):
Weight: 198
BF: ~19%-20%
Enjoys: Long walks on the beach

Typical non workout day nutrition:
10 scoops Dymatize 12 hour protein
-Seems like a decent blend of nutrients with a solid amino profile for the most part. The consistency can be made pretty thick to provide satiety. It also has a decent fiber content for each scoop...which is obviously great on this plan.
210g protein
20g fat (ZERO saturated)
60 carbohydrates (20g fiber)
Total calories = ~1250

5 TSP Ground Flaxseed (Added to shakes 1, 3, and 5)
2g protein
5g fat
4g carbohydrates (all fiber)
Total calories = ~70

15 fish oil pills
0g protein
15g fat
0g carbohydrates
Total = ~150 calories

3 TSP Soluble Fiber Formula (Added to 1, 3, and 5)
0g protein
0g fat
15g carbohydrates (pretty much all fiber)
Total = ~60 calories

So we are looking at 1530 calories on non-workout days. On workout days I consume a packet of hot cocoa mix before the workout and after. This equates to about 26 grams of dextrose, and a total of roughly 250 extra calories.

Supplements:
creatine mono
beta-alanine
multi
I will be throwing in the Venom Tri-lean stack, ALCAR, Reset-AD...which was supposed to arrive in the mail today...but didn't...hopefully next week when I am able to get my mail again at the home port...

Day 1
9/21/08
Weight: 198
The first day was a bit whack as far the actual shakes were concerned. I did not have my Dymatize yet, so...
M1: Two scoops Probolic-SR (I know...mainstream, but I was able to kill it off)
M2: Two scoops ON Pro-Complex. I was feeling pretty good with this as well. Was drinking water all day long, and I threw in some flax seed. This was provided to me by my friend that I was visiting in LA.
M3: Sunday will be my solid meal day. So I went out to the Cheesecake factory, and yes, ate clean. I had 4 egg whites, and two rather small chicken breasts with broccoli. Oh...by the way...I was having lunch with Will Harris. No joke! Really nice guy.
M4: Had my shake. I am feeling completely satiated at this time. No problems whatsoever. I do not feel hungry.
M5: Post workout. My workout went well. Hit chest and tri's today. Mainly concentrated on high rep with many sets. Threw in some super sets.

It's now about bed time. I am just now feeling hungry, but I always do around this time at night...not to mention on Sunday nights since it's one of my heavier lifting days. The hunger is subsiding though pretty well with just drinking water and getting ready for bed.

I felt pretty good for the day. I make the shakes pretty thick and the flavors are good (Banana Nut and Chocolate Fudge).

If you see anything on the nutrition aspect, or if you have ideas for ANYTHING that may make this run smoothly, let me know! Shoot me a PM or just post it right here...I am totally up for the help, and I have a feeling I will be missing this solid food in about...oh...say...12 hours =). I am honestly not starving, and I feel fine...but let's face it...we all love out oats!!!

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
Hey,

Good work. Questions for you. I am doing the same diet. Cravings for protein foods occur on this diet and if you can make it past 3 days, which you can, you will not have cravings for whole food. Its amazing, im about 2 weeks into it and had whole food yesterday. I ordered 10 wings(no bread) basted in lemon and garlic sauce. It was crazy, after 5 I was stuffed. Normally I can down 30 wings in a sitting.

I was using Dymatize Dymalean because its only 5 carbs with 4 grams of fiber. They dont make it anymore and said that the 12 hour is the replacement. Doesnt this have too many carbs(minus the fiber) for this diet?

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Well, through my research it didn't seem like it would be too much. The developer on t-nation said he would not go over 100g carbohydrates. With all of that there, I am only getting in about 80 grams TOTAL, except for on my workout days. Now, in all honesty, the body can't even process fiber for energy...so when you really look at it there are really only about 40g of carbs that would have any bearing on me whatsoever...and, since they are spread out through the day, that equates to about 8g if carbs my body has to process every 3-4 hours. That is not going to be an issue, lol.

Anyone have a differing opinion on this?

By the way, I will updating the log later on tonight or tomorrow morning. But once again, so far so good for day 2!

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
Well, through my research it didn't seem like it would be too much. The developer on t-nation said he would not go over 100g carbohydrates. With all of that there, I am only getting in about 80 grams TOTAL, except for on my workout days. Now, in all honesty, the body can't even process fiber for energy...so when you really look at it there are really only about 40g of carbs that would have any bearing on me whatsoever...and, since they are spread out through the day, that equates to about 8g if carbs my body has to process every 3-4 hours. That is not going to be an issue, lol.

Anyone have a differing opinion on this?

By the way, I will updating the log later on tonight or tomorrow morning. But once again, so far so good for day 2!
I emailed the developer of this program on tnation and asked about using other protein because the price of low carb grow is really high. he said if you cant use grow, dont do the diet. however there are many people on tnation using other protein.

keep up the good work and you can do it.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
I emailed the developer of this program on tnation and asked about using other protein because the price of low carb grow is really high. he said if you cant use grow, dont do the diet. however there are many people on tnation using other protein.

keep up the good work and you can do it.
thats because he is the owner of biotest (manufacturer of lo carb grow), hence on the site he recommends ONLY biotest products to use on the diet.

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
thats because he is the owner of biotest (manufacturer of lo carb grow), hence on the site he recommends ONLY biotest products to use on the diet.
funny because in many of his posts he says he gets NOTHING from the sale of biotest products...

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
funny because in many of his posts he says he gets NOTHING from the sale of biotest products...

Either way, all of the contributors on t-nation are paid to do so. With that in mind, it's pretty obvious that they're going to recommend only products made by the guys who cut their checks.

I left that site because of their insane regulations on discussing supplements. I couldn't even start a thread about a supplement if Biotest wasn't the manufacturer.

They're also a bunch of *******s over there.

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
So day two is just coming to an end. It was my first day of NO SOLID FOOD! And honestly...right now it's 2 AM, and I am not hungry at all! I will post all of the actual details for day 2 tomorrow, since they are saved on my own computer and I am on a public computer ATM. To sum it up...

My shakes were solid, and only 5 of them. I loaded up the fiber and was feeling a bit groggy around 6pm. Got a bit of caffeine in me and was fine. I had to dance all night for my job (about 2 hours straight), which believe me, counts as the low impact cardio. I'm not going to lie, I ended up have a shot of Jack Daniels...but burned off the 7 calories per gram of alcohol right away. You have to understand...I have to dress up like a naked indian and do the village people dance in front of a bunch of passengers on a cruise ship...there is no way I can do that without SOME alcohol in my system!

Anyway, the plan is going well and the actual update for days two and three will be posted tomorrow (for my own computer).

If anyone has any questions for me at all about my experiences on this diet, please PM me or post here! So far...so good! And in all honesty...THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT from the people posting so far. It is sooo motivating for me to keep going when I see people on here supporting me. Thanks a lot!

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Day 2
9/22/08
Weight: 197

Woke up naturally this morning to the calls of nature. I have to say the weights will probably be off a bit because I am convinced that the scale I am stuck with on the ship is messed up (probably because of the boat movement). But I can step up on it...and it will say 195 (for example) then step on it again literally a minute later and it will say 197 (for example, of course). Not a huge issue, considering how much weight is typically lost on this plan.

The mirror this morning looked good. Stomach looks and feels a bit tighter. Of course this is probably due to getting rid of a lot of water with less glycogen stored in the muscle and also just being morning...but hey, we all love the morning mirror pose.

M1: 8:30 AM. Standard Shake- 2 scoops protein, 1 tsp flax, 1 tbsp fiber formula, 3 fish oil capsules. ~310 calories
Went back to sleep after this for a little bit, since I have nothing going on until this evening...woke up at 12:15 very refreshed and feeling fine.
M2: 12:15 PM. Standard shake. Feeling fine after this for a while, I really started feeling hungry around 2:45 so I chugged down a liter of water with a packet of Crystal Light
M3: 3:30 PM. Standard shake. Right now I am feeling fine. I was getting pretty hungry and ready to eat something around this time. The lack of solid foods is not much of an issue to me (at least so far). I am feeling alright.
M4: 6:30 PM. Wow...I am beginning to lack a bit of energy...I downed the shake though and am feeling better.
M5: 10:00 PM. Alright, I just got done with my first set (I'm a musician) and downed my last shake of the night.

Notes:
Wow...so the first full day of not eating ANY solid food...I think in my entire life! It's not that hard, actually believe it or not. The amount of fiber keeps you satiated, and the healthy fats just help slow down digestion even more. When you think about it...a slow protein source, fats to slow down digestion, and fiber to aid with satiety and ALSO slow down digestion of any carbohydrates that are ingested...it works out quite well.

After the first set we just played, there was food in the back for us if we wanted it. Now, of course I would pass on the junk (like chicken fingers and bread and what not) but they did have celery and carrots and other veggies. I decided to NOT eat any of those...just to force myself to instill this discipline of no solid food. I'm pretty proud about that! It's funny that I would feel like I would be "cheating" if I had a piece of celery! Anyway, another weigh in tomorrow, we will see how it goes. So far, I'm feeling pretty good and the water is leaving the body...and I have that natural "sucked in" feeling.

My buddies and I have to perform at the bar tonight, but no drinks or alcohol for me. Bring on the water and diet coke!

(sorry this post was put in the next day, I had a long night last night.)

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Day 3
9/23/08
Weight: 192-193...WTF!?!?!?!

Yeah, so of course I woke up late today after sleeping for about 9 hours. Felt great. Weighed myself and the scale said I had lost between 4 and 5 lbs since yesterday. Obviously NOT all fat. I had taken a water retention analysis the other day and it said I was retaining 10 lbs of WATER! Horrible. I'm hoping most of it is leaving with the detox I am also running at the same time as this v-diet.

Anyways, I've had 4 of my 5 shakes so far today, and I do NOT feel hungry at all. I just want to eat some solid food...but I can make it to Sunday!

I trained today. I did some legs and also walked up a treadmill on a high incline at a decent pace for a half hour. I did some bicep curls while walking with pretty decent weight Broke a sweat and heartrate got up to about 75%...so I calmed it down a bit.

As far as workout nutrition is concerned, I had my shake afterwards, but did not add dextrose to it. Instead I took in a packet of honey before, during, and immediately after. It provided me the energy to keep going and hopefully aid enough in recovery.

I'm feeling good, guys and gals. The fiber supplementation is certainly helping out a lot and I am looking forward to this next shake. I think I should throw in some goals for this plan...

Currents:
Weight- 192-193
BF- 19-20%

Goal:
BF- 14%

Talk to all of yah tomorrow!

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Day 4
9/24/08
Weight: 194.5

The weight gain since yesterday morning does not phase me at all. I was completely dehydrated from the previous night (dancing and sweating all over the place) that the major loss in weight was too much of a surprise. This 194.5 seems like where I should be at.

10:00 AM: Woke up to my room phone ringing and it was the salon people asking if I could come early for my haircut, so I got my ass out of bed and grabbed my first shake after the weigh in. Had my cut then put my ass back to bed.
2:00 PM: Woke up the second time...I know...lazy ass. Had my second shake and decided to go lay out by the pool for a little bit.
4:30 PM: Started getting ready for some cardio (walking). I downed about 2.5 cups of black coffee (for the caffiene) and went up to the gym. The treadmill was my friend today. Put it up on an incline and a steady walking pace while holding two 10LB dumbbells. Starting sweating bullets and maintained a workout for a good 40 minutes. Heart rate started creeping up to 75-80% which does not phase me too much.
6:15 PM: Third shake (post workout).

7:30 PM: I am writing the log now. I am feeling pretty good, not hungry, but I am totally craving some tuna fish and egg whites...maybe with some lettuce. Of course I will pass =).

I am really hoping that the issue with my mailorder stuff (the Venom tri-lean and alcar) is fixed by this Sunday. I truly feel that after a full week off of stims my body will ready to start up again. I will be using the Reset-AD as well (or maybe saving that for after the diet run? Who knows).

Two more shakes to go for the night and I'm feeling good guys and gals. I will probably hit one around 9:00PM and another at about 11:30.

Oh, I will be having measurements pretty soon as well as I asked my friend to get me some measuring tape.

walugi

walugi

Awards
ill follow this too :)

I can't believe you're taking 15 fish oil pills... if I had that it would just be acne heaven for me haha

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Day 5
9/25/08
Weight 194
7:30AM Woke up and couldn't fall back asleep so I had my first shake.
10:00AM I had fallen asleep, ironically, after I got my ass out of bed! Had my second shake at this time.
11:30AM Workout: Shoulders and abs. Did very light biceps while walking on the treadmill
1:00PM Third shake after workout. Left out the flax and fish oil and threw in the hot cocoa mix pre workout and post workout (26 grams of total sugars, minimal fat)
3:30PM I am feeling like CRAP. Lacking all energy and not wanting to anything. For the first time I felt empty on this diet. I had my 4th shake and threw in a bit more of the fiber.
5:30PM I feel like ****. I am so tired and just dying here. I wonder if it is from my workout?
8:00PM 5th shake for the night. Threw in extra flax and fiber to make it more filling. I am feeling empty. I know I am letting you guys down when I say this...but I had to cave in and eat some broccolli. Just straight up uncooked broccolli in fat free dressing. I figured it wouldnt be that bad since it is more fiber and very low calorie. If it makes up for it, I am going to go hit the elliptical for a late night cardio session.

Ugh...it is CRAZY that I feel like I cheated when I ate BROCCOLLI! If anything, honestly, it will just be better for me since it is more fiber and at least something for my body to truly digest.

In all honestly, and I want to weigh out people's opinions...do you think the actual solid food meal once a day would be a good option? If if it lacks protein and fat...but instead, do my normal shake, then take in something like...a big bowl of iceberg lettuce...which is lacking pretty much any calories...to maybe increase the thermogenic effect of eating/digestion? If the yays outweigh the nays then I will consider. As far as tomorrow is concerned...back to the normal shakes all day unless otherwise noted.

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
LUCKY,

keep up the good work. I am doing the same and noticed more fat loss in weeks 3 and on. KEEP IT UP YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Try some organic unsweeted cocoa added to your shakes, its a lot of fiber and no sugar and low calorie. Cocoa is good for overall health and adds to the taste and NO production.

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Hey guys, sorry for missing yesterday's input. I don't have much time lately (I've had to work in the night these past few days) but everything is going well. Haven't weighed myself recently, as the scale I was using is now broken. The mirror is looking good. Today, I experimented a bit and increased fats before my workout.

I am starting to have second thoughts though! I read another thread on here where the individual mentioned that these plans do work, however, following structured nutrition is always better. I am going to keep plugging away for at least a few more days, but may find it necessary to change it around!

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, sorry for missing yesterday's input. I don't have much time lately (I've had to work in the night these past few days) but everything is going well. Haven't weighed myself recently, as the scale I was using is now broken. The mirror is looking good. Today, I experimented a bit and increased fats before my workout.

I am starting to have second thoughts though! I read another thread on here where the individual mentioned that these plans do work, however, following structured nutrition is always better. I am going to keep plugging away for at least a few more days, but may find it necessary to change it around!

On tnation there is talk about an Velocity Diet Lite, in which you have only 2-3 shakes a day and the rest is whole food. From the postings on this subject it appears that many people arent that strict with the diet and still lose a good amount of fat. Keep going with the good work, YOU CAN DO IT.

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Conan, thanks for the info and all of the support! I am deciding to still go pretty hardcore with the plan, as I am happy with my results (more definition in the stomach and the sides seem to be sucking in). I am switching it up to actually doing empty stomach cardio and my own heavy lifting plan. And I am changing around the carbs, so that it is actually a combination of a Velocity/TKD plan. I will be taking in half a cup of ground up oats with a pre-workout shake, and half a cup afterwards so I can really hit it hard on the weights.

By the way, my roomate on the ship developed GI symptoms so I was isolated in my cabin with him yesterday! Hence, no update, so it is morning now and thought I would let everyone know it's good and I am sticking with it.

My Venom tri-lean came in the mail today, along with reset-ad, my alcar, r-ALA and some other supps. So I will hopefully even better results and better craving managment. I'l keep you all posted!

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Hey guys. Today went well, I had a killer legs workout and it was my solid food day. I had a bunch of chicken breast and lettuce. Tomorrow I am going to shoot for now solid foods. The Venom stack seems to help a lot. A more detailed entry tomorrow for all of you.

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Aigh. Guys, I hate to break it like this but I have run out of protein this week. The only day I can get it is on Sundays (since I work on the ship and that is the only time I can get to the supp store) and I was quarintiend this past Sunday because my roomate had GI. Thus, I have not been able to drink shakes as the sole intake of food the last few days.

HOWEVER...I have been eating clean. The diet was followed strictly for a week and a half, and I was able to cut 9 lbs. My body looks and feels a lot more "sucked in" from the combination of not retaining water and losing fat. My lifts have all stayed the same.

I strongly recommend this plan to a lot of people, and I plan on running it full strength when I get (October 12). If you want, I will message you guys that subbed when I hit it again (probably 4 weeks before Thanksgiving).

My current beefs with the plan, are that for me it felt like I could not train to my full intensity.

Also, as stated I was using the Dymatize Elite 12 hour protein. While I feel that this is a great protein to use for anti-catabolic states...I would CERTAINLY switch to the Lean and Fit by AW. Reason being, although they claim most of the fat comes from healthy sources, it is still 2 grams (roughly) per scoop. The Lean and Fit has zero, and also has extra fiber...plus, it will fill you up more.

Recommendations for the diet would be...

Lean and Fit Protein
Fish Oils
CLA
Flax Powder
Fiber Supplement

Oh...and the more fiber...the BETTER. Load up. This plan is completely doable, since I was not craving food any more than I normally do. And it truly is like a "reset" for cravings. Check into it, I certainly will be once I am home and it is more controlled.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
i dont know how you do it man... ha i tried for a few days and couldnt make it one day without real food...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Whisky Weight Loss 10
Weight Loss 2
ddfox Supplement Auction 2
Weight Loss 1
LuckyKid57 Weight Loss 100