My current workout for weight loss, advice, suggestions, insults welcome.

shoegazer

shoegazer

Awards
Ok jk about the insults, what the world needs now is love. Enough of the mushy crap.

Here's my latest workout that supplements my eating habits of 5-6 small clean meals a day, no carbs after 6 PM and plenty of good ole H2O.

5 days a week - 20 Mins on the stairs or mill - 1 min at a speed that gets me huffing and puffing, then 1 min at a brisk walk/climb speed allowing my heart to jump out of my chest.

After 20 mins of my initial cardio, I'll hit the weights, hard and heavy, enough to be sore the next few days. Then finish off with another 20 mins of interval training, depending on how much gas I have left, or how stinky that one dude on the stairs for an hour that smells like boiled cabbage and roadkill soup, this can consist of brisk walk on the mill. (alternative for the last 20 mins)

I'm a constant 180-183 however losing some fat, which is cool, I take leviathan reloaded for some added energy and fat burning ** assistance. I will have a cheat meal every 2 weeks of pristine dieting which consists of 2 meals composed of super uber bad processed crap food that gives me a stomach ache or has me doing the pepto bismol dance. (I never learn)

Is this the road to success? Do cheat days do more harm that good? (I've researched mixed reviews) Should I change anything up? Should I keep on truckin? Let me know.

Thanks in advance.

:dance:

shoegazer

shoegazer

Awards
Anybody? I guess I'm on the road to success?? :think:

shoegazer

shoegazer

Awards
:wave:

I can post my diet in detail, if need be :)

striking

striking

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you have the basics covered very well.

Only thing I can ask if you know your on a reduced calorie diet. In other words are you eating less then is needed to keep your current weight. If you find your BMR and are eating 500 or so calories below that you will lose weight.

If you find yourself not losing any weight you may be eating to few calories and have slowed down the metabolism to far.

Your hitting the weights which is always good in buring off fat along with the cardio you should be doing amazing.

shoegazer

shoegazer

Awards
Sounds like you have the basics covered very well.

Only thing I can ask if you know your on a reduced calorie diet. In other words are you eating less then is needed to keep your current weight. If you find your BMR and are eating 500 or so calories below that you will lose weight.

If you find yourself not losing any weight you may be eating to few calories and have slowed down the metabolism to far.

Your hitting the weights which is always good in buring off fat along with the cardio you should be doing amazing.
Thanks striking :)

Yeah I know for a fact I'm eating too little, I can feel it.
I'll up the caloric intake 200 cals till I feel like I'm actually burning off what I eat, and not storing my meals.

Found some kasi brown rice pilaf today , going to have that with veggies and chicken. :woohoo:

striking

striking

Awards
  • Established
Generally I look at my BMR for your current body weight. Bump own the calories around 500 under that. Go with that if you see some decent weight loss stick with that. As you lose more fat and weight. Readjust your intake.

More or less you are trying to lay right on the edge. ou want your body to keep burning food like it would when it has plenty and not go into it's survival mode.

when Spent > Intake you will lose weight as long as you eat healthy

shoegazer

shoegazer

Awards
Generally I look at my BMR for your current body weight. Bump own the calories around 500 under that. Go with that if you see some decent weight loss stick with that. As you lose more fat and weight. Readjust your intake.

More or less you are trying to lay right on the edge. ou want your body to keep burning food like it would when it has plenty and not go into it's survival mode.

when Spent > Intake you will lose weight as long as you eat healthy
That's exactly what I'm aiming for, my BMR is -1852.99

500 under I'll be at 1352, I'll add up what I eat in a day and adjust accordingly, thanks for the info bud.

striking

striking

Awards
  • Established
Not a problem.

As you already know just watch how low you drop them. Some people find they lose weight with only slightly under their BMR.

Set your goals and work hard towards them!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
"insert insult here"

j/k

It looks pretty good. What kinda routine do you use to hit them weights hard and heavy?

shoegazer

shoegazer

Awards
"insert insult here"

j/k

It looks pretty good. What kinda routine do you use to hit them weights hard and heavy?
I do a basic 4 set 6-8 rep.

An example would be -

Heavy bench press dumbell or barbell (I switch it up) for 4 sets

Heavy dumbell or barbell (I switch it up) 4 sets.

Cable cross overs (lighter here concentrating on form/stretch/squeeze.) superset with pushups.

Tricep 4 sets - extensions with a dumbell followed by 4 sets on a cable tricep exercise.

All heavy all 6-8 reps. :bruce3: