L-Arginine

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Well, bought myself a 1lb can of L-Arginine from DPS. Ive been taking 9g a day for about 5 days, and I can definately feel the effects. Even though Im bulking - I notice some vascularity improvement. And I am not a 'natrually vascular' person at all.

The taste of L-Arginine in water is absolutely atrocious though. I mean, its freaking terrible. I cant compare it to anything, because its just that disgusting. So, I ended up getting a 'Cap-Em-Quick' Gel cap rack and a bag of empty 'OO' gelcaps. I can get 600mg into each cap and I take 5 caps, 3 times a day.

Jhov, a bro on this board, PM'd me a bunch of great links on L-arginine, here's a good one:

http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/nmdrugprofiles/nutsupdrugs/lar_0024.shtml

I notice the positive sexual sides as well...:)

I'm pretty psyched though. Its great to find a cheap supplement that works!

BigV

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Are you using it for cutting Big Vrunga ? Please keep us posted, I'd also like to know about cheap supps that work

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Iron Warrior - I'm currently in the final stages of my massive 2-year bulkathon!!:) So, I am not cutting at the moment. I feel like I have a great creatine pump going all the time.
I must mention that my L-arginine consumption coincided with an increase in cals in an attempt to gain another 10lbs, which also included an increase in clean carbs. That could explain the 'pumped up feeling' too.

If you read this paragraph from the link in my 1st post:

In addition, L-arginine is a precursor in the formation of nitric oxide, creatine, polyamines, L-glutamate, L-proline, agmatin (a possible neurotransmitter in the brain) and the arginine-containing tetrapeptide tuftsin, believed to be an immunomodulator. L-arginine is a glycogenic amino acid; it can be converted to D-glucose and glycogen if needed by the body or it can be catabolized to produce biological energy.
L-arginine, when administered in high doses, stimulates pituitary release of growth hormone and prolactin and pancreatic release of glucagon and insulin.
It sounds like something you'd want plenty of! I take the last 3rd of the capsules right before bed along with Grean Tea, 5 UniLiver, a serving of oatmeal, can of tuna, and 1/2 Tbsp flax oil.

Still, its only been a few days.Im sure Ill need a few weeks to completely gauge its effects.

BigV

smike319

Awards
sounds interesting but i saw a fewparagraphs in your attachment that discount it's "body building enhancement" abilities:

There is conflicting but mostly negative evidence related to claims that it can improve exercise performance and promote lean muscle mass.

There are hypothetical reasons to believe that L-arginine, popular with some body builders, might have ergogenic/anabolic effects but, so far, these effects have not been demonstrated. High dose oral L-arginine has, however, been shown to induce release of growth hormone and prolactin but, again, no studies have been conducted to see whether this could have any meaningful ergogenic or anabolic effect.

keep us posted on your progress, it will be interesting to see what effects you get out of it...........good luck :)

smike319

Awards
sorry but i don't know how to cut from other sources and paste them as quotes

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I read that statement as well. I decided to try it based on a recommendation from a trusted friend that goes to my gym. I had noticed that over the past few months is vascularity had improved dramatically, and asked him about it. He said he'd read about L-arginine and had been taking 9g a day for the past 3 months.

I read up on it, and everything I read about it seemed quite positive in terms of health benefits. Supposedly its very good for your cardiovascular health. And, a little extra growth hormone couldnt hurt:)

As for a bodybuilding enhancer - I dont know if it will dramatically improve mass or strength gains - but at the bulk price I think its worthy of experientation.

BigV

This should help with the HTML tags:
http://www.davesite.com/webstation/html/