Need some cutting help >_<

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Well, about a year and a half ago, I weighed 200 lbs, 16 years old, 5'6" or so. I did the only diet route, and ate very little, I ended up getting down to about 160 in a few months. I know it was the wrong thing to do now, but I had absolutely no idea of what to do then.

I'm now 151 lbs, 18 yo, and about 5'7", maybe a lil taller. I've been working out for a couple months, but only recently have I become really serious about it, I want to get cut.

Some days I have a crapload of time to spend on working out, others I have 1 or 2 hours in the middle of the day, before I go to work.

So, I'm wondering if anyone would wanna gimme a few tips on what to do to get the best results :) I'll be going into the USMC once I graduate, around June of next year. My bis/chest/tris are doing good, but it's my stomach(abs) and my legs I need to trim the fat off of. I don't work specifically my back much, but I am guessin I should start >_<

I workout in my room, I have an, I think it's called Implex or something, and then dumbells, perfect pushups, etc... So I can do leg curls, butterflies, benching and a few others on it.

My days are typically this:

6 AM: Wake up, eat 3-4 poached eggs, with some appy juice(Gotta be at school at 7:40, and it is a half hour away)

12:50 PM: Lunch at school starts FINALLY, I usually just eat a Clif bar or something, because the school food sucks, and is insanely unhealthy, lol.

3:40: Get home, have 2 scoops of No-Xplode, wait a half hour, and go workout for about 50-55 mins.

5:10: Have 2 scoops of Muscle Milk in 1/2 water 1/2 2% milk, and sometimes a banana or apple.

I usually just eat small things after that before about 9, like fruit or just a crapload of water.

I know my diet is crap right now, but I'm always afraid of eating the wrong stuff >_< I also do HIIT randomly, once a week maybe, for about 25-30 mins.

What should I put where and eat when? I am really only looking to cut for awhile, till I have well-defined abs and get rid of the fat on the inside of my legs. Should I do HIIT 5-7 times a week and do very little else? Or should I switch on/off HIIT with low-intensity walking for 40-50 mins?

And, what supps should I be using? No-Xplode works great, but I dunno what to do about the Muscle Milk, and if something is better for cutting, and what oils/fats to take, etc...

Thanks if anyone takes 20 mins to read this and gimme some pointers ^_^

Forgot to mention at the top, but I'm at 15-16% BF

mDeezy

mDeezy

Awards
  • Established
Wow, you really need to shore up your diet before you start thinking about supps.

You need to be eating every 2 1/2 hours or so; your school lunch starts so late that you need something between breakfast and lunch; a quick suggestion is to slap some natty pb on whole wheat and keep it in your locker, then just scarf it down with some water between classes.

I think its fine that you use a preworkout supp at 18, but I'd think about switching to something better than no xplode. Search this forum and you'll find plenty of better options (ragnorak, white flood, etc.).

Post workout, I don't see anything wrong with muscle milk and a banana. However, you NEED to eat a regular meal an hour or so after that. Chicken, tuna, or w/e with some brown rice or a sweet potato would be perfect. You must eat often to keep your metabolism revved up and to rid yourself of stubborn fat in your problem areas.

Supps are the last thing you should be thinking about. When your diet is on point, maybe throw in some green tea extract and / or fish oil, and down the road you might add a fat burner.

And as far as the cardio, you might try HIIT 2-3 times a week and use a moderate pace the other 2 or 3 times. I guess it depends on how many days a week you want to do cardio. You could try circuit weight training as well.

Good luck.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Alright, thanks for the info, today I'm gonna just grab a whole wheat bagel for a mid morning snack at school, then I'll grab some natty and some more wheat bread after school, along with some chicken/tuna.

dommer

Banned
Awards
ass far as diet goes breakfast is the only thing your doing kind of rite

what i do

breakfast 6:00am-eggs if i have time or 2.5 cups of a high fiber cereal like fiber one with skim milk

9:00am- yogurt and green apple 1tbsp of natural pb

11:30am lunch- chicken(atleast 12 oz) or tuna wrap/sandwich (whote wheat) with letuce tomato low fat ranch dressing and a little srircha hot chili sauce(amazing stuff tastes amazing on anything)

3:00pm protein bar and sugar free redbull or coffee
6:30-8:30gym

8:45 dinner- 2 chicken breast or lean steak or tuna usually with green beans, corn or asparagus and a nice romaine lettuce salad with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing

i like to have a cup of green tea every hour or so while im at work and morning and after noon coffee

cook most of your food on sunday i cook around 6lbs of chicken sunday night and toss it in the fridge it makes healthy meals much easier to grab and take to work and makes dinner take a few mins to prepare

i also make a big thing of mashed sweet potatos every noww and then and have that with my chicken and veggies threw out the week

i would probably not worry about supps just yet if i were you i would get my diet on point and then think about sups later i personally try to get as much as i can from whole food before i turn to a powder or pill

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Alrighty, thanks for the help, think I got an OK diet planned, but tell me what ya think:

6:30: 3-4 poached eggs + an apple and appy juice

I go to a private school, so there is a no-eating-till-lunch rule, which is frikkin dumb >_< So, I just hid what I had today in my backpack and had buddies cover me while I had some of the bagel. The problem is, I can't get the whole thing down between 1st and 2nd hour, or 2nd and 3rd hour(only 5 mins inbetween) So I had to eat it some after each class, and it took 3 classes, lol. Is that OK? Or should I try and do it all between 2nd and 3rd hour? 2nd hour ends around 10. I'm going to switch to PB + whole wheat bread next week, and that will be even harder to down(No PB was on the bagel >_<)

EDIT: 12:45 PM: Lunch, 12 oz. of chicken + a fruit (Apple/Naner, etc...) or a Clif bar

3:40 PM : No-Xplode/Glass of water

4:10 PM : Start workout(Deciding between doing all cardio or half/half, etc... still)

5:15 PM: Have Muscle Milk + Banana.

6:15 or 6:30 PM: Have a 12 oz. chicken + a red tater.

8:00 PM : A piece of fruit or a whole wheat bagel(No PB)

Should I move everything up some so I don't stop eating at 6 something or is that OK?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what you've got going there isn't a cut diet, it's just a weight loss diet. Carbs are too high, fat too low and Protein is clumped together in too high of portions for it to be a "cutting" diet. Going from 6am until 12:45 on just a bagel is a big problem, then nothing between lunch and working out at 4 isn't so hot either. Get protein in there in the morning instead of the bagel (chug some more muscle milk in the men's room or something) and another meal between lunch and working out.

If you haven't bought muscle milk yet, I would save your money and go look at all the whey's and trueprotein's stuff first. Great flavours, WAY better prices than muscle milk.

If you want a taste of a true cutting diet, check out Scivation's "gameover diet" or T-nation.com's "T-dawg 2.0" diet. Both are pretty good and will send you in the right direction.

Workouts for fat-loss should be short, intense and loaded with compound movements. You're gonna burn more fat with lifting weight than you are with cardio, but doing some of both is commonly considered the best option. Circuit training 3 or 4 days/week with some high intensity intervals done at some other point in the day is a good start.

classic27

also a good multi vitamin/min is a must on a diet like that

classic27

lol sorry this will be the last one but nuts, dried fruit, and beef jerky are really great and easy snacks.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Well, I'm going from 6:30 or 6:45 to around 9 or 10 on breakfast, then 9 or 10 to 12:45 on a PB whole wheat sandwich.

I can also just sneak in something small between lunch and when we get out, but it can't be too big >_< Can't do the Muscle Milk at school either, unless it were at lunch, it is way to hard to sneak a cup or bowl into the men's room, with the teacher's lounge being right before the men's room, lol.

And I'll look into those diets and the whey :)

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
dude, lol, you can edit your own posts to add stuff to them! :toofunny:

don't have to make a bunch of new ones.

Edit: the above is directed to classic.

ShadowFury - I like classic's idea of the Amino Acid pills and beef jerky: if that's too pricey tho, just go with beef jerky. Throwing some nuts in there would be great too! Between lunch and working out would be agreat time for that cliff bar you mentioned - or a protein bar.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Lookin for the gameover diet right now, I'll go with the Aminos and the Clif after lunch then :)

When should I put the Jerky and Aminos in? And any suggestions on which Aminos to pick up?

classic27

well you should try to eat every two to three hours. you

should really strive to make all these meals whole foods but if

you really cant then i would go with some beef jerky or the

BCAA's. As for a certain brand of aminos i honestly could not

tell you what are the best. Go with a reputable brand from

AM. trail mix could also be a good snack if you are not able to

get a meal or a protein shake in.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Alright, I'll start doing the Beef Jerky between breakfast and lunch, and then between lunch and workout. Once I get the Aminos I'll add them in too, pills I can do because I can pop em at locker and get some water from a fountain.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
just a forewarning - the gameover diet's tough. It's a true "cut" diet and a lot of the foods your eating won't be allowed. That doesn't mean you won't lose weight doing what your doing now, just that Gameover is designed to take you down to really low body fat percentages, like 3-5%, and as such it's pretty intense.
If it doesn't seem practical to you, which it probably won't, just keep trucking with what you've got going now until you get down to about 10%bf. I just gave you the Gameover anf T-dawg diets as examples of what an actual cutting diet looks like.
As for Amino Acid Pills, if you're gonna do them, Nitro E8 is pretty top notch, but also pretty expensive. If it proves too much, just have an extra ounce or two of beef jerky and forget the pills.
I'm not meaning to sound indecisive, so I hope I don't, I just want to make clear that you have options and choices and I'm trying to help delineate them.:)

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Dang, lol.

I'm really only looking to get to somewhere between 8 and 10% and stay steady there, then just build muscle from there on out. You guys definately helped :goodpost:

SO, beef jerkey between breakfast/lunch, and between lunch/workout? I'm OK with something like Ragnarok as pre and then Whey for post, then that last meal of chicken/tuna? Just wanna make sure I didn't misunderstand anything :)

And ya, I'm going to go with some extra Jerkey over the Aminos, money is an issue :(

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Well, just an update, I am doing the Jerkey between breakfast/lunch, and then the Clif between lunch and leaving. Just bought 100% Whey Protein Gold Standard, and Ragnarok too. Been eating bread wheat bread with tuna + fruit for lunch and dinner(after workout) Also just some fruit or more tuna/chicken if I get hungry around 8 something or 9. Is that OK, or should I just have fruit?

EDIT: I have 3-4 scrambled eggs for breakfast with the appy juice and sometimes an apple or something, that alright too, or should I do the eggs a dif way or anything?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
replacing the fruit with fibrous veggies and/or some healthy fats like nuts or avocado would be superior at 8 or nine at night. Definitely have some protein then.

Breakfast looks fine, you could even make it bigger if you want - more fruit, more eggs, whatever. good luck!

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Score, I'll prolly update this in a few weeks and tell ya'll how it's goin :)
Thanks for the help.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Alright, I read up on the keto diet and found an excel worksheet someone made in a topic here, and figured out a diet for it, is this ok?:

Breakfast:
4 scrambled eggs = 24 fat, 28 protein.
Peanut Butter = 1 tbsp, 8 fat, 4 protein.

Snack between breakfast and lunch:
6 strips of Jerky = 14 fat, 12 protein.

Lunch:
Tuna = 1 fat, 6 protein.
Steak tips 6 oz. = 12 fat, 36 protein.

Snack between lunch and workout:
5 oz. peanuts = 60 fat, 35 protein.

Post-workout dinner:
Peanut Butter: 2 tbsp. = 16 fat, 8 protein.
2 scrambled eggs = 12 fat, 14 protein.

150 fat ,137 protein
140 fat, 125 protein. (supposed to have)

If I had my Whey or banana post-workout, I'd go over, so I am just gonna do it old fashioned ^_^

I'll be starting tomorrow, and carbing up not this coming Fri night, but next Fri night or Sat morning, to get into ketosis a tad quicker.

Sound good or do I have some tweaking to do to the diet?