quick weight loss,

straitmeatcut

Awards
here is the deal in december i was 254 and now i am down to 220. i am having a hard time loosing the last 20 pounds. work out 6 days a week go hard like none other, get 30 min cardio 3 times a week and an hour 3 times a week.

just started last week dropping calories down to about 1250-1400 last week. protien still around 180-200g per day.

ya'll think thats healthy as long as i keep the protien up or what. just want to get some feed back.

5luke2

Awards
give people some stats like BF% what your eating etc

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
This is a common occurance, alot of people lose the first 20-30lbs no problem on a diet then cant figure out why they cant lose the last 20.The reason you cant lose those last 20lbs is because your eating too few calories. Your metabolism has probably grinded to a screaching hault lol. For a man over 200lbs, 1250 calories is a starvation diet, and if you've been below 2000 calories per day for too long your body has most likely compensated and substantially lowered your metabolism.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
More Food - only need a slight caloric deficit, shoot for fat loss not weight loss
Compound Movement Circuit Training with Weights 3 or 4 days/week
HIIT 5days a week
A brisk walk everyday

SEARCH this forum for info on weight loss, there's tons of great info already here.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
yeah man, 1250 is way to low for even me- and I'm a girl! lol.

be happy that you should eat WAY more! :thumbsup:

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
You aren't going to lose any weight by eating that little.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
im around 250..... im losing weight slowly at 2800-3000 cals a day (dont get me wrong alot is muscle mass)... ive been up and down with my weight all of my life... trust me... keep ur cals up and learn to only eat small portions. keep up ur cardio and u will definatly see more results... nothing in life comes easy... dont think of it as a goal... but as a lifestyle change.

straitmeatcut

Awards
diet lot of tunna whey protien rice cakes skim milk chicken thighs, oat meal and quaker oat bars. body fat is at 15% and cardio is done 6 days a week. as well as drinking at least a gallon of water daily

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mix your diet up. TONS of Fibrous Veggies and some fruit. Drop the rice cakes, except maybe at a post-workout meal, for any other purpose they're crap (high glycemic index with no real nutritive value). Same goes for quaker oat bars - they're cookies with a different name.

I prefer whole milk - the fat slows digestion and milk contains healthy fats. Get some beef in once and a while too.

Seriously, up the calories. A few hundred a week for the next few weeks until you hit about 2500. Search around the net, there're tons of websites that will calculate your daily caloric needs. Keep carbs low in evening, except for when working out at night.

Again, search the forum. This has all been covered plus a whole lot more - great info just waiting to be found.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
here is the deal in december i was 254 and now i am down to 220. i am having a hard time loosing the last 20 pounds. work out 6 days a week go hard like none other, get 30 min cardio 3 times a week and an hour 3 times a week.

just started last week dropping calories down to about 1250-1400 last week. protien still around 180-200g per day.

ya'll think thats healthy as long as i keep the protien up or what. just want to get some feed back.
half the problem is that ur cutting ur calories too low. with that much exercise and that little amount of nutrition your body is never going to recover and it's going to start eating muscle because that takes more to preserve. go on a low carb or the anabolic diet to drop them last few pounds then go to eating a well balanced healthy diet.

stormecho

stormecho

Awards
I'm of the opinion that your body gets used to cardio too....I have no idea what you're doing but if it's the same level on the same machine for the same time, you should switch it up.

I'm doing krav maga now, man lemme tell you this shi#t is no joke. You may wanna consider joining something like that for a change of pace.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Weight Loss 4
Weight Loss 6
Weight Loss 9
Weight Loss 4
Supplements 21