Fat Loss Question...

TheresaQ

Awards
Hi everyone,

I've been struggling for a while in an attempt to find the right diet for my body. I have to admit I've tried quite a few fad diets and I really do realize I need to make better food choices.

Special K, Atkins, Mediterranean, South Beach - nothing really worked or appeased me.

I recently read a Fat Loss 4 Idiots review on a website called Fat Loss Expert and was wondering if anyone else here had seen it or tried it? At first I was confused, because it's not a diet pill or exercise program. It's simply designed to teach you how to choose the right foods for your body. It's a very simple program, and it doesn't look like you have to make any weird food purchases or create any sort of absurd exercise program to go with it.

I really think this might be just what I need to learn about my body and make real, permanent changes. Any thoughts or comments on the review?

Thanks,
Theresa

mr j

Awards
well eating clean can make u loose wait and counting the calories u put in, cardio can add an extra kick to it.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
honestly all you need to do is eat natural foods and home cooked meals. The major issue with food intake today is that people would rather go out where they are using the most awful of quality and the worst additives to flavor, rather than preparing their own meals. Avoid any HFCS, Corn Syrup, Modified starches or flours, and preservatives. I guarantee you lose weight just from doing that.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
honestly all you need to do is eat natural foods and home cooked meals. The major issue with food intake today is that people would rather go out where they are using the most awful of quality and the worst additives to flavor, rather than preparing their own meals. Avoid any HFCS, Corn Syrup, Modified starches or flours, and preservatives. I guarantee you lose weight just from doing that.

Dude, posts like this make my day! Processed foods cause so many problems - whole and natural can and does help so much I can't even tell you!
repped man, cuz you took the words outta my mouth :thumbsup:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I'm amped you feel the same. It's totally true though. enough of this garbage plugging up your bodies people. Make a change!

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
:hammer::clap2: to both posts

Junk processed food is the most significant factor contributing to the obesity and ill-health pandemic today. Junk in equals junk out, as simple as that.

Lack of nutrients and addition of artificial flavours are 2 main reasons why people tend to overeat processed foods. Eating junk causes the body to crave more calories, in an attempt to get the required nutrients.

What is processed, well, you just have to ask yourself where the stuff came from, ”mother earth” or a food factory ? A can of energy drink may have as much sugar as a banana. However, a banana has vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fibre etc. A can of energy drink has artificial colours, flavour enhancers, preservatives, stabilizers….ummm, it is not rocket science which one to choose from :lol:

Making a commitment to eat clean is hard but once you start, the benefits of it outweigh most of the desire for comfort foods, trust me, I used to be an ice-cream terminator ;)

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
Hi everyone,

I've been struggling for a while in an attempt to find the right diet for my body. I have to admit I've tried quite a few fad diets and I really do realize I need to make better food choices.

Special K, Atkins, Mediterranean, South Beach - nothing really worked or appeased me.

I recently read a Fat Loss 4 Idiots review on a website called Fat Loss Expert and was wondering if anyone else here had seen it or tried it? At first I was confused, because it's not a diet pill or exercise program. It's simply designed to teach you how to choose the right foods for your body. It's a very simple program, and it doesn't look like you have to make any weird food purchases or create any sort of absurd exercise program to go with it.

I really think this might be just what I need to learn about my body and make real, permanent changes. Any thoughts or comments on the review?

Thanks,
Theresa
u don't need to "diet" to lose weight. u need to change your eating habbits. go on atkins lose 20lbs then go back to eating cake isn't going to make a difference because you'll gain all of it back. and back faster than you got it because the fat cells are already there they just need to be filled up. eat healthy food only it's not that hard. 1 chicken breast is kind of filling and only about 110 calories. compare that to a candy bar which won't fill u, spike insulin and probably make you hungrier all while giving you over 400 calories. oh and portion size is key. ice cream might only be 150 calories but if u read it thats for 1/2 cup.

jon671

jon671

Awards
  • Established
Making a commitment to eat clean is hard but once you start, the benefits of it outweigh most of the desire for comfort foods, trust me, I used to be an ice-cream terminator ;)
If that is you in the avatar it looks like you gave up ice cream completely. :thumbsup:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The keys are to eat low GI carbs, quality protein sources, and including good fats. Carbs themselves aren't bad and you can burn a good amount of fat even if your carb intake is 40% of your diet. I wouldn't go lower than that unless you're at low BF percentage and trying to break into the 5-10% category depending on your gender. The key is consistency, not a magic fat burner or "top secret" training routine.

This is about a lifestyle change, not just a temporary diet that you utilize to lose 10-20 pounds.

TheDempster

TheDempster

Awards
I am just coming off the Fat Loss 4 idiots diet (first 11 days). If you are trying to get to a set point fast, this diet really works. I dropped 10 lbs in 11 days. Have three cheat days coming up, and I am going to run it another 11 days.

I am in recomp mode, and want to drop 20 lbs fast, Then start a proper diet again.
I currently working out 6 days (3 cardio, 3 resistance).

Give it a whirl, you will not be disappointed

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude, posts like this make my day! Processed foods cause so many problems - whole and natural can and does help so much I can't even tell you!
repped man, cuz you took the words outta my mouth :thumbsup:

:hammer::clap2: to both posts

Junk processed food is the most significant factor contributing to the obesity and ill-health pandemic today. Junk in equals junk out, as simple as that.

Lack of nutrients and addition of artificial flavours are 2 main reasons why people tend to overeat processed foods. Eating junk causes the body to crave more calories, in an attempt to get the required nutrients.

What is processed, well, you just have to ask yourself where the stuff came from, ”mother earth” or a food factory ? A can of energy drink may have as much sugar as a banana. However, a banana has vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fibre etc. A can of energy drink has artificial colours, flavour enhancers, preservatives, stabilizers….ummm, it is not rocket science which one to choose from :lol:

just eat what a caveman would eat....Veggies are key
REPS TO YOU ALL!!! I am really surprised to see these suggestions here. Bravo guys for realizing that there is a difference between real food and the crap they serve in the drive through.

Any of you do organics?

Any of you read up on the paleo diet lifestyle? Or on Primal diet lifestyle?

ruffrhyder

Awards
REPS TO YOU ALL!!! I am really surprised to see these suggestions here. Bravo guys for realizing that there is a difference between real food and the crap they serve in the drive through.

Any of you do organics?
I'm a Food Science and nutrition Graduate, and let me tell you, processed foods are the main reason why so many old and young people are suffering from so many health issues. If the ingredients list contains more than a few ingredients, I won't buy it. Nor will I buy anything with artificial sweeteners, HFCS, modified starch, hydrogenated oil, etc. I myself have gone the non processed foods, organic fruits and veges and free range meat and eggs route a few months ago and the results are already noticeable. I don't suffer from fatigue like I used to suffer from and my blood sugar is typically 100-115 all day, which is ideal if you're trying to burn fat, vs. 120-145 when I used to eat a lot of processed foods. Body fat dropped from 18% to 14%, while still maintaining decent muscle mass.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established

Any of you do organics?

Any of you read up on the paleo diet lifestyle? Or on Primal diet lifestyle?
I remember reading some one quite well known in the industry doing an analysis on a normal egg and a free range egg and apparently the nutritional content was different. He was prompted due to him gaining fat within a couple of weeks without changing his diet other than moving from free range to normal food sources.