doing fasted cardio now what

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. doing fasted cardio now what


    ive decided to do morning fasted cardio to lose some of those last stubborn pounds, my plan is to wake up, take my suppliments eg lean xtreme hyperdrol, down a whey shake and be doing the cardio within half an hour.

    my question is what sort of cardio would be best for me to avoid catabolism im thinking it will be low-moderate intensity. im 20 years of age and pretty fit as i play football. i was thinking maybe a 20-30 minute jog.

    all of this sound alright? any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated cheers


  2. 20-30 incline walk on treadmill. work for me about 4 mph incline around 10-13
    •   
       


  3. I would nix the whey shake before the AM cardio though.

  4. I HIGHLY suggest you look into HIIT cardio. It's the best way to burn body fat in my opinion, and can be easily incorporated into your workout plan. It only takes about 15-20 minutes a day and will get your metabolism revved up to burn those last few lbs of fat. Google it for some great ideas.

  5. i did say i would have the shake before cardio. is that wat u were saying fighter cowboy??

    steveoph i figured any high intesity in a fasted state would be more likely to cause catabolism
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by tommytucker69 View Post
    i did say i would have the shake before cardio. is that wat u were saying fighter cowboy??

    steveoph i figured any high intesity in a fasted state would be more likely to cause catabolism
    Cause catabolism? after 15-20 minutes of HIT cardio?....

    If you have AIDS, if you sleep 1 hour a night, if your diet is horrible, if you workout for 15 hours everyday....Sure.

    The human body isn't a fragile little butterfly.

  7. easy bro, im new to it. i got no idea. thats just what i thought, after reading the other threads on fasted cardio. i know hiit is the best type of cardio for fat burning i was just under the impression that any high intensity would be more likely to burn more muscle in a fasted state. which i guess im not that worried about ill look into it. so many people have different opinions on fasted cardio thats all.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by tommytucker69 View Post
    easy bro, im new to it. i got no idea. thats just what i thought, after reading the other threads on fasted cardio. i know hiit is the best type of cardio for fat burning i was just under the impression that any high intensity would be more likely to burn more muscle in a fasted state. which i guess im not that worried about ill look into it. so many people have different opinions on fasted cardio thats all.
    Then try HIT, if you don't like it, drop it!

    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/what-...mal-blueprint/

  9. If you can find a whey shake out there that doesnt contain Garbage like artificail sweeteners, corn syrup, and soy that would also be a miracle. And you would benefit from it!

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    I HIGHLY suggest you look into HIIT cardio. It's the best way to burn body fat in my opinion, and can be easily incorporated into your workout plan. It only takes about 15-20 minutes a day and will get your metabolism revved up to burn those last few lbs of fat. Google it for some great ideas.
    x2

    You will shred the fat. I usually do HIIT in a 45minute spin class, but have also done it in the pool.

    Take some BCAAs before and during to avoid catabolism - don't need whey.

    Also, from experince PowerFull is a good supp for this - not only does it increase the pain barrier, apparently it has some fat-burning qualities to it in a fasted state.

  11. i dont have any bcaas i normally just use the whey, as its got a good amount of bcaas in it, will that work?. maybe i should look into some bcaas. probly wont be til next order from nutraplanet as they r expensive over here in aus. so until then will my whey be working?
    im thinking beach sprints? maybe some road biking?

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Deccadick View Post
    If you can find a whey shake out there that doesnt contain Garbage like artificail sweeteners, corn syrup, and soy that would also be a miracle. And you would benefit from it!


    Both Omen and JKP made good points as well,
    go for HIIT, short & painful but very effective. Also true: 20-30 min cardio is VERY UNLIKELY to cause any catabolism, regardless of the intensity. If you want to kick off your fat burning the best way is on empty stomach and so taking a whey shake b4 cardio kind of defeats this purpose. BCAAs are great for preventing catabolism on a cut but personally I wouldn't bother taking them unless the fasted cardio is over 40min.
    Good luck !

  13. everyone else reckon whey shake defeats the purpose?? i was only using it for its bcaa content. anyone strongly support use of plain bcaas?

  14. Definitely no whey before fasted cardio. Thats what the term fasted means. No caloric intake. I also agree that over 30 mins worth, use some BCAAs.

  15. rido sweet ill get some bcaas and do some hiit. are the bcaas capsules as efficient as the powder? or should i just get the powder. lots of capsules over here but not much pure powder.

    prob wont be putting an order in frm nutra for a while either

    ?
    thanks guys

  16. caps are much more expensive for same dosing. you want to take something like 10g of bcaas pre/peri fasted cardio...

  17. Quote Originally Posted by tommytucker69 View Post
    everyone else reckon whey shake defeats the purpose?? i was only using it for its bcaa content. anyone strongly support use of plain bcaas?

    I posted this on another thread but here you go

    Protein powders often contain high amounts of BCAAs. However, these aminos work best when taken on empty stomach, at least that seems to be the most poplular view.

    BCAAs are predominant aminos in the muscle. Supplementing with BCAAs helps recovery and it is also beneficial in maintaining strength when cutting. BCAAs not only promote protein synthesis but also reduce protein degradation. Thus, supplementing with BCAAs is particularly beneficial pre- and post workout. In these instances you want to flood the muscles with BCAA rapidly. Even though whey (particularly WPI), is a fast digesting protein, BCAA in whey are bound to other amino acids and so it takes several hours before they are released into the bloodstream during digestion. In contrast, in their free form, BCAAs are rapidly absorbed from the intestine.

    You are from Australia right ?
    If so, the cheapest brand of BCAA in powder that I came across is Black Widow Hardcore
    http://bestbuysupplements.com.au/search.php

    Sold out at the moment, but there are other internet stores, you may want to do a google

  18. sweet ill find some powder then run my tits off :-) i found some bulk stuff on ebay just comes in a big bag of a kilo. its cheap. is bcaa bcaa if tis all in the right ratio? for a money conscious bloke this is

    might have to wait til next nutra planet order cos it just seems all the aussy stores charge about 50 bucks for like 300gm wen its 50 bucks for a kilo at nutra
    Last edited by tommytucker69; 09-12-2008 at 09:19 PM. Reason: didnt know no links

  19. Im getting some conflicting info here. I've always heard that hiit cardio burns way more calories and way more fat but is not really as efficient as low intensity cardio. You sip your bcaa's and the gh boost is nice but I wouldn't be doing it on empty. Ive never heard anyone advise someone to do hiit in a fasted state. Don't you all agree that low intensity cardio is better for preserving muscle mass? This guys taking hyperdrol, not pinning tren, I'd hate for him to see his performance suffer as he's already in decent shape. Im assuming preserving muscle would be his priority not rapid fatloss. BTW OP, why are you cutting during football season?

    LMAO I come off as a real **** here. Just seems a bit like broscience.

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post


    Both Omen and JKP made good points as well,
    go for HIIT, short & painful but very effective. Also true: 20-30 min cardio is VERY UNLIKELY to cause any catabolism, regardless of the intensity. If you want to kick off your fat burning the best way is on empty stomach and so taking a whey shake b4 cardio kind of defeats this purpose. BCAAs are great for preventing catabolism on a cut but personally I wouldn't bother taking them unless the fasted cardio is over 40min.
    Good luck !

  20. the answer is nobody knows for sure, and a lot of it depends on your personal body type. I could make a case for low intensity cardio being more catabolic (at same total calories burned, so say an hour of low intensity vs 20 min HIIT), as the drain on your bodily resources lasts longer. a pound of muscle is worth 3500ish calories, its made up of 160g protein. In the 20 minutes of hiit you might burn a whopping 300 cals, so less than 10% of a lb of muscle worth. If you take in 10-20g of BCAAs during that time, your body is more than capable of rebuilding whatever amount of muscle could be lost during that time, if any is lost at all.

  21. yeah im still un decided whether to go for the the hiit or low intensity. def gunna do fasted with bcaas tho. not looking to lose too much fat, just want to burn a bit and cut up for summer which is in a few months over here. yeah as you said im only 20 and just on natural things like hyperdrol anabolic pump. ironwill im on a cut cos ive finished football for the year now.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Deccadick View Post
    If you can find a whey shake out there that doesnt contain Garbage like artificail sweeteners, corn syrup, and soy that would also be a miracle. And you would benefit from it!
    www.trueprotein.com

  23. Quote Originally Posted by tommytucker69 View Post
    yeah im still un decided whether to go for the the hiit or low intensity. def gunna do fasted with bcaas tho. not looking to lose too much fat, just want to burn a bit and cut up for summer which is in a few months over here. yeah as you said im only 20 and just on natural things like hyperdrol anabolic pump. ironwill im on a cut cos ive finished football for the year now.
    You can do fasted AND HIT. The benefit of hit is raises your metabolism for 24 hours...just like weight lifting. But just like you shouldn't lift weights in a fasted state, you should do HIT in a fasted state. Best bet is to do HIT on days you don't lift, around the same time you lift. If you lift three days a week, do HIT three days a week. This way you metabolism is elevated almost the whole week. Also treat PWO nutrition for HIIT similarly to weight lifting pwo.

    IMO. morning cardio is more like an added benefit. Its like hey, I'll burn off a few hundred more calories and this will come almost exclusively from my fat stores. It is like the icing on the cake. But you need to keep it low intensity and you need to be fasted.

    I am sure you've seen the studies, or at least them quoted, but steady state cardio compared to HIT cardio... HIT takes half the time but you burn up to seven times more calories throughout the course of the day compared to SS, even though you burn less during. Plus the added hormonal response are a nice benefit and help you retain muscle.

    Best tools for losing weight (IMO) in order:
    -having a limb amputated
    -liposuction
    -diet
    -weight training
    -HIIT
    -fasted cardio
    -frequent masturbation (depending on the volume of you newts)

    (some of those where jokes...can you guess which ones?)

  24. k, just my two cents. dave palumbo says when in a carb depleted state(ie.fasted cardio) and doing high intensity training that your body will convert muscle into carbs for energy. he gets all scientific and tells u how this is really done. im not gonna, if u want that go to md and look at the ask dave thread. to burn fat in a fasted state he claims u need to keep ur heartbeat under 120. anything over that is going to waste muscle.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by mooch2321 View Post
    k, just my two cents. dave palumbo says when in a carb depleted state(ie.fasted cardio) and doing high intensity training that your body will convert muscle into carbs for energy. he gets all scientific and tells u how this is really done. im not gonna, if u want that go to md and look at the ask dave thread. to burn fat in a fasted state he claims u need to keep ur heartbeat under 120. anything over that is going to waste muscle.


    None of those studies show muscle being used for energy in less than 48 hours as far as I know, including cardio with your heartbeat over 120.

    I eat one meal a day, and before I eat that meal before bed, I do 2 hours of LIC 6 days a week, HIT 20-30 mins 5 times a week and no time limit (till exhaustition/MAX) calisthenics/snatch clean, deadlift, etc...

    Doing a cut right now and everything is working out great.

    Monkey **** has a lot of BS in it, some articles are good, but most are BS.


  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-14-2012, 05:15 PM
  2. What do I take now?
    By JAGShaw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-04-2008, 03:30 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-27-2006, 10:45 PM
  4. What did you do for cardio the weeks out from competing?
    By Funny Monkey in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 12:05 AM
  5. Well now, what to do with this brand new m-dien?
    By PastorofMuppets in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 09:31 PM
Log in
Log in