Looking to cut!?! Here is my diet now.

donkeykong

Awards
I'm looking to drop bodyfat. Right now I'm sitting at 182lbs 5'11" 14%. I'm carb sensitive and can bloat 5-8lbs just on my cheat day. Here is my maint. calories as of now. 40p/35c/25f

Breakfast: 1.25cup egg whites,1cup Kashi Crunch,.5 cup skim milk,.25 Tsp olive oil,14grams mixed nuts= 47.5p/48c/13.75f

Snack1: 45grams ON Why,.25TSP olive oil,1TBSP Peanut butter,1 cup water,70grams cherries,1cup oatmeal=
47p/43c/13.25f

Lunch:2 slices Pumpernickel bread,4.5 Oz Chicken breast, 1 cup mixed greens, 4 tbsp salsa,1slice cheddar,.25TSP oliveoil=
48.7p/38c/14.25f

Snack2:.5 cup brown rice, 6oz albacore,1.5TBSP Smart Mayo,.25TSP olive oil, .75 cup Spinach=48.5p/32c/13.5f

Preworkout(40 min before workout): .5cup lowfat plain yogurt,45gram On whey, 1 TBSP Peanut butter,.5 oz apple, .25 cup dry oatmeal=48p/28c/12.5f

Postworkout:MHP Dark Matter: 12p/48c/0f

Dinner: 4.5 oz lean top sirloin, 2 cups broccolli

Late night snack: .5 cups 2% cottage cheese

This is right around 3000 calories. Any suggestions on what to do because this last couple percent really sucks to get off.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
unless you're doing a lot of cardio, you're taking in too many calories for your weight speculatively. what's your exercise routine?

donkeykong

Awards
My rotine is as follows:
Mon: Chest;1hr min 6-8reps for compound,8-12reps for finishing movements.30 cardio steady state.
Tues:Legs 1hr Squats,Deads,lunges,stiifflegs,etc.
Wed:Bis/Tris/Abs 1hr, 30 cardio steady state.
Thurs:Cardio 45 min (Skip post workout meal)
Friday:Shoulders 1hr,Cardio 30 min
Sat:Back/Abs 1hr15min, Cardio 30 min
Sun: Off

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
Increase your cardio sessions to 45 minutes per day, OR lower your carbohydrate intake. Your taking in somewhere close to 250g of carbs per day, For someone who is carb sensitve and on a cut that is probably too much. If you cut that back to 100-150g per day you would get that bodyfat down alot easier, and have to do less cardio

donkeykong

Awards
Should I increase my calories in fat or just cut back the carbs and keep the other macros the same? Also what are the opinions on the CKD diet?

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
Just cut out the carbs and keep the rest the same for one week and then take it from there, cutting out 100g of carbs will only be 400cals, if your at a plateau now it should let you blast through it without chaning your cardio schedule much.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
fasted cardio with bcaas is also a good idea. can do wonders. also instead of steady state, try 20 mins HIIT / interval cardio, then maybe 10 mins moderate to low intensity to cool down and burn a few extra calories.

above advice is also sound. also, make your carb meals breakfast, pre, and post workout. those are the crucial times to take in your carbs. remember, carbs are simply fuel for your workouts.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
The CKD diet or a variation of it, if done right, is the most effective way to lose bodyfat. Lower your carbs definitely, you should consume more fat than carbs especially if you are having high protein. Also do not mix carbs and protein in the same meal. Protein is broken down by fat while carbs are not so you can have problems with digestion, hence gas after eating mexican food. Also try doing cardio on either an empty stomach or before you have any carbs at all that day. When your body does not have carbs/glycogen to use for fuel it will go to your fat stores next. Try eating 5-6 meals a day as well.

donkeykong

Awards
Trying the CKD diet now here are the macros:210 grams of fat/160Protien/carbs<20 all week Mon-Friday Evening. Refeed starting Friday evening through Saturday evening con. of 740C/160P/70F/. Sounds about right ya think? About how many days until Ketosis is normally reached?

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
The CKD diet or a variation of it, if done right, is the most effective way to lose bodyfat. Lower your carbs definitely, you should consume more fat than carbs especially if you are having high protein. Also do not mix carbs and protein in the same meal. Protein is broken down by fat while carbs are not so you can have problems with digestion, hence gas after eating mexican food. Also try doing cardio on either an empty stomach or before you have any carbs at all that day. When your body does not have carbs/glycogen to use for fuel it will go to your fat stores next. Try eating 5-6 meals a day as well.
????

Cerberus

Awards
Are you questioning his answer or his intelligence? I'm guessing the later (at least I hope).

donkey ...

Just try these simple suggestions out:

High Days: (Tuesday/Saturday)
Protein: 195 grams
Carbs: 350 grams
Fat: 41 grams

Medium Days: (Monday/Wednesday)
Protein: 235 grams
Carbs: 150 grams
Fat: 62 grams

Low Days: (Sunday/Thursday/Friday)
Protein: 225 grams
Carbs: 100 grams
Fat: 70 grams

On weight days, try to get about 60% of your protein and carbs around your workout time (before, during, after ... or before, after)

Also, you may consider looking again at your current macros you are eating. i.e. snack 1 ... if you are eating 1 cup of oatmeal, that is at least 54 grams of carbs alone w/o considering the carbs from the cherries.

PM me if you have any questions.

donkeykong

Awards
Thanks for the help and the quick responses. Also I'm doing CKD for two months and then will add back carbs gradually. Thank you all.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Are you questioning his answer or his intelligence? I'm guessing the later (at least I hope).

donkey ...

Just try these simple suggestions out:

High Days: (Tuesday/Saturday)
Protein: 195 grams
Carbs: 350 grams
Fat: 41 grams

Medium Days: (Monday/Wednesday)
Protein: 235 grams
Carbs: 150 grams
Fat: 62 grams

Low Days: (Sunday/Thursday/Friday)
Protein: 225 grams
Carbs: 100 grams
Fat: 70 grams

On weight days, try to get about 60% of your protein and carbs around your workout time (before, during, after ... or before, after)

Also, you may consider looking again at your current macros you are eating. i.e. snack 1 ... if you are eating 1 cup of oatmeal, that is at least 54 grams of carbs alone w/o considering the carbs from the cherries.

PM me if you have any questions.

Donkey don't try out his recommendations if you are looking to get leaner faster. Stick with the CKD like you are planning then switch it up. And Cerb, it seems like you are just a little bit ignorant. If you would like a more text book explanation as to why food digestion is maximized when you consume mostly protein or mostly carbs during a specific meal,not necessary just maximized, then PM me.

Donkey try not to have more than 20-30g of carbs on your low carb days during the CKD and you will start melting fat off your body, just make sure you keep consistent with your diet and lifting.

Cerberus

Awards
Please enlighten the group. I'm eager to here your scientific explanation.

SMOKEPALADIN

SMOKEPALADIN

Awards
  • Established
i think your macro totals are off a bit?
example
Snack1: 45grams ON Why,.25TSP olive oil,1TBSP Peanut butter,1 cup water,70grams cherries,1cup oatmeal=
47p/43c/13.25f
This contains more than 47 grams of protein, 45 from Whey, 10 from oatmeal and maybe a couple from Peanutbutter.
Thats closer to 60 gr protein I think. Also 1 cup of oatmeal contains 54 grams of carbs, and you have 43gr listed.

Not trying to be picky, but a few errors like this can have a big impact, especially on a cut.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
ya if you just cut back on the carbs and do more cardio, you'll start losing in no time, if your looking for any supplements to help burn, lipo 6, hot rox, and methyl ripped are all good ones that I HAVE used to help cut back in the past good luck champ