HIIT, Low Carb Diet, Whey, H.H. okay?

kcman1978

kcman1978

Awards
Hey E1!

So the more research I do, the more confused I get as to what I should do to go from what I am now 293 lbs. (down from 322lbs) to 250 lbs. (6'3" by the way/ 29.1% BF) I am really interested in HIIT Training. I hit so many roadblocks with keeping a steady training routine because there's just not enough time in the day to do what I was trying to do (45 minutes Cardio and about an hour of weights). HIIT is attractive because is supposedly only takes 20-30 minutes and you're supposed to see fast results. I'm not trying to be a body builder right now. I'm trying to get thin.

I've also been on a strict low carb diet. Eating about 120 grams of protein a day. I'm thinking of starting on some Whey Protein suppliment when I start HIIT just to get me up around 170-200 grams. Can you use whey as a 4th & 5th meal? I get tired of eating because of the Hydroxycut Hardcore I've been taking. It's one hell of an appetite supressant and it's an energy booster.

Opinions? All help is much appreciated!!!

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
So you're eating 120 grams of protein... AND low carb? Sounds like you're starving yourself man!!!

You should probably double up that protein if you intend to stay low carb... Whey is fine for a 4th meal - you'll likely want something slower digesting later in the evening. That will keep your metabolism going.

Are you looking to stave off catabolism while you thin down? Or is that not much of a concern? What kinds of cardio are you doing now (treadmill, jumprope, elliptical?)...

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I'd go with what TL says. That seems like i really low amount of protein to be taking in, especially if your on a low carb diet!

kcman1978

kcman1978

Awards
Yeah, I started increasing my protein today. Didn't count but I had a lot. I definitely don't want to lose muscle along with fat. As far as cardio, I've been doing all three depending on my mood that day.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Macros are less influential on fat loss than total calories. If you don't want to spend as much time in the gym expending energy then consume less calories.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I attached the PDF to save you having to look for it.

This diet has been money for me. High Fat, medium protein during the week, High Carb, medium protein on the weekends. Its a great lifestyle diet that allows you to drink beer while you watch football on the weekends without cheating.

Attachments

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
I would carb cyce, high days, low days, ect. IF you are gonna go low carb I would go animal proteins and veggies. Maybe a little fruit here and there. Caveman diet...not how I would do it but if that is your plan this diet will def make you lose weight. 1-1.2 X your body weight in protein and then fill up on veggies after you eat it. Simple. When thta stops workiong you can get a little more fancy but dont over-analyze this too much.

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
I attached the PDF to save you having to look for it.

This diet has been money for me. High Fat, medium protein during the week, High Carb, medium protein on the weekends. Its a great lifestyle diet that allows you to drink beer while you watch football on the weekends without cheating.
I didnt see this. THis is basically what I outlines with the exception that you get to carb up on the weekends. When I prepared for an MMA fight I had to get down to a weight class so I had to drop 25 lbs. I dropped 20 not counting water and only a 1/2 a lb of it was muscle... Great post robin.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Well I just think its important to do something maintainable... I've been there - having to cut...

KC - make sure you choose something you can deal with on a day to day basis. That way you're much more likely to stick with it, which is the most important thing.

Looks like you have a beautiful baby girl there. I'm sure you'll make her proud of ya. :)

(picture is small!)