Am I gonna lose any weight?

con artizst

Awards
not taking supps, eating whatever looks healthy in small portions, and doing HIIT 3x a week? I need to lose this weight but all I see is talk about supps and lifiting.. I dont have access to a gym and i can only run around my neighborhood. i'm 5'11 225lbs also

i checked out ballys and nysc (only gyms) they want over 50 a month.. nysc almost 80

does it matter knowing how much carb, protein, etc in grams i need to intake?

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
if you're keepin your portions small, eatin somewhat healthy, and doin hiit you're gonna lose weight... eventually tho you'll pry hit a plateau tho which lifting and a very strict diet will put you through. i lost 50 but it took me over a year, so just be patient and stick with it. to answer your second question tho it is important to know those things or at least to have a pretty good idea, especially once you've been at this for a while

con artizst

Awards
i can't really do any lifting though without going to a gym.. and even then i don't really know what to do to see results the fastest..i'm gonna try to start hiit monday for the 4th time.. if i can't be dedicated i gotta get into the gym..

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
You shouldn't need a gym to get started...it's nice yes, but you can do without it...Look into different body weight exercises you can do. For example:

Pushups
Crunches
Sit Ups
Burpees
Quadriped walk (walk with hands on floor)
Planks
Bridges
etc...

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
And of course cardio like you mentioned...if you don't like hiit try getting a heart rate monitor and keeping your heart rate in the 60 to 70% of your max...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
not taking supps, eating whatever looks healthy in small portions, and doing HIIT 3x a week? I need to lose this weight but all I see is talk about supps and lifiting.. I dont have access to a gym and i can only run around my neighborhood. i'm 5'11 225lbs also

i checked out ballys and nysc (only gyms) they want over 50 a month.. nysc almost 80

You will have more success than most here will and your wallet will be no lighter when you get done

If you eat 4-5 meals a day consisting of a portion of protein (6-8 egg whites/1-can tuna/etc) the size of a deck of cards and vegetables (at least one cup with each meal, up to all that you want) you will do just great. Actually better than great.

Avoid all sugars, breads, juices and the likes.

Otherwise eat whenever. Try not to eat to late in the evening and be sure to eat first thing in the morning.

Drink lots of water. A lot.

Don't run...unless of course you are being chased. ;)

Walk, steady and fast for long distances of up to 60 minutes at a time. Put in the headphones and get in the zone.

If you are in the city walk around the block. Each lap drop and do push-ups till you max...and repeat it each lap. Next day do the same with pull-ups, repeat, etc.

You'll be good to go. If you want, take a multi-vitamin.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I dont have access to a gym and i can only run around my neighborhood.

1- If you don't have access to a gym there are literally thousands of exercises you can do, pushups, situps, back bridges, hindu pushups, hindu squats, wall shoulder pushups, etc.....

2- It's good to have a vague idea of portion sizes and their calorie values, I don't count calories, weigh food or anything like that, but I have a good idea about how many calories I have for each meal, almost everything has a label or can be found on nutritiondata.com.

I should write that easy cutting thread I've been thinking about, that would answer most questions and cut down on the number of repeat questions.

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
all these are really good idea's, when i was losing weight tho i found that the most important thing was staying focused on my goal and staying consistent... good luck