Any negative effects of high dose L-arginine?

1. -Dalla Hunga-
    Answers

Any negative effects of high dose L-arginine?

While at the gym the other day, I was talking to a good friend of mine. I noticed that his vasculrity is much improved - from almost nothing to veins popping out in all the right places. He said that he had been taking 9g of L-Arginine a day for some time, and that the effects were awesome.

From what Ive read, this is very effective for improving vascularity. (the 'po-mans' NO2) Something that I could really improve on.

Are there any negative side effects (short or long term) from ingesting so much L-arginine? What are its effects on blood-pressure?

Thanks
    BigV

2. Registered User
    Answers

Good question. This is something that I have been looking into myself. Arginine has the most nitrogen of any of the other 20 common aa's. It seems, on the surface, to be a good aa to supplement and see how it works. I am not aware of any harmful side effects, but I'm not sure.
  3. -Dalla Hunga-
    Answers

Many people have tried it, I might just give it a go. You can get a pound of the powder pretty cheap from Dps. The friend of mine who uses is it has been on it for a while, he's around 50 yrs old and looks awesome.

BigV
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

this may help:

-It has been shown to help lower blood pressure, treat hypertension and promote wound healing

- Diabetics and borderline diabetics should use growth hormone releasers with care. L-arginine and L-ornithine might improve or worsen a diabetic condition.

- Persons who have not completed their bone growth (children and teenagers) and pregnant or lactating Women should not use GH releasers except under a physician’s supervision.

- L-arginine and L-ornithine sometimes reactivate latent herpes virus infections. Therefore, persons who have had ocular or brain herpes should not use them.

- Those with certain psychoses may experience worsened symptoms if they take L-arginine or L-ornithine supplements.

- Always take antioxidants with arginine.

-There have been 1or 2 studies i have read that state that it and ornithine compete with each other to cross the blood-brain barrier so take them 2-3hours apart when taking them. I will look for where i read that if you need me to. Just say the word!!!

peace
    j

Last edited by jhov; 10-18-2003 at 08:54 PM.
  5. -Dalla Hunga-
    Answers

jhov,
    if you dont mind posting the source, that would be great

Thanks!
    BigV
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Any negative effects of long-term Melatonin use?
    By JBlaze in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 02:47 AM
  2. Any toxic effects of GHRP-6?
    By Whacked in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 11:05 PM
  3. Good and bad effects of high Estrogen in a man
    By darkblue1 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 09:48 AM
  4. Dangers and effects of high E2
    By corndog in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 09:15 AM
  5. Effect of low-dose Arimidex on lipid profile?
    By peabody in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 03:43 PM