Is It Macros Or Total Calories
- 08-10-2008, 02:29 PM
- 08-10-2008, 02:31 PMBoard ModeratorNever enough
- 5'10" 205 lbs.
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
- Rep Power
- Lv. Percent
close, men in blackAnimis Rep
- 08-11-2008, 08:09 PM
hmmm damn thats lot of info to digest in this thread. If I was the OP i'd be confused as hell by now. LOL I think a little personal experimentation is in order. Just stick to the basics and some common sense and adjust if you don't like to results your getting.
Eat lean proteins
Eat good fats
Watch your carbs
Don't gorge yourself
I tried the "scientific route" with the bmi and all the crazy caloric calculations. But at the end of the day, I ended up just eating
LOL I am admittedly a noob so maybe this is "noob advice" but so far i'm down 23 pounds and 3 inches on my waist in 6 weeks while i've added 15 pounds to my bench and a 1/2 inch to both my arms. IN MY OPINION, I don't think weight loss is that complicated. Just eat lean and work hard.
08-11-2008, 08:50 PM
You're absolutely right. BMI/BMR are worthless IMO. One does not need to count calories but tracking food intake is at least required. If you are not losing weight, eat less or exercise more or both. If you are losing weight you're doing fine. But that is for weight loss. For those who are over weight and or obese it is indeed very simple.
The thing with bodybuilding is that nutrition optimizes fat loss as opposed to just weight loss. The idea is to lose only body fat and retain LBM. Calories, macro nutrition, carbohydrates, nutrient timing are critical in the optimization of losing body fat and retaining LMB.
At the end of the day if I am not a pro or a competitive bodybuilder it is obsessive compulsive behavior...
...hence we body build anyway
Similar Forum Threads
- By bigzach1234 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 1Last Post: 03-12-2009, 11:58 PM
- By stfdkd37 in forum Weight LossReplies: 3Last Post: 10-02-2008, 06:48 PM
- By RoberG623 in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 8Last Post: 06-28-2007, 09:02 PM
- By xaktsaroth in forum BulkingReplies: 15Last Post: 03-24-2006, 10:01 AM
- By Goat in forum Weight LossReplies: 0Last Post: 05-18-2005, 12:19 AM