Is It Macros Or Total Calories

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    remember that the best dieticians of the 70s and 80s thought that dietary cholesterol affected serum cholesterol, and that low fat diets (below 10%) were better for you... So what todays best dieticians say I also take with a grain (maybe a few grains) of salt. But to inject some comedy

Was that quote from Independence Day? LOL

2. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

close, men in black
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  257 lbs.
    Answers

hmmm damn thats lot of info to digest in this thread. If I was the OP i'd be confused as hell by now. LOL I think a little personal experimentation is in order. Just stick to the basics and some common sense and adjust if you don't like to results your getting.

Eat lean proteins
    Eat good fats
    Watch your carbs
    Don't gorge yourself
    and excersize

I tried the "scientific route" with the bmi and all the crazy caloric calculations. But at the end of the day, I ended up just eating

chickenbreast/broccoli/oatmeal/protein shakes

LOL I am admittedly a noob so maybe this is "noob advice" but so far i'm down 23 pounds and 3 inches on my waist in 6 weeks while i've added 15 pounds to my bench and a 1/2 inch to both my arms. IN MY OPINION, I don't think weight loss is that complicated. Just eat lean and work hard.
    •   

4. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

Sxhawnn,

You're absolutely right. BMI/BMR are worthless IMO. One does not need to count calories but tracking food intake is at least required. If you are not losing weight, eat less or exercise more or both. If you are losing weight you're doing fine. But that is for weight loss. For those who are over weight and or obese it is indeed very simple.

The thing with bodybuilding is that nutrition optimizes fat loss as opposed to just weight loss. The idea is to lose only body fat and retain LBM. Calories, macro nutrition, carbohydrates, nutrient timing are critical in the optimization of losing body fat and retaining LMB.

At the end of the day if I am not a pro or a competitive bodybuilder it is obsessive compulsive behavior...

...hence we body build anyway
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. questions about Macros/ total nutrtion
    By bigzach1234 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 10:58 PM
  2. calories/calories from fat/ sugar alcohol
    By stfdkd37 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 05:48 PM
  3. Total T and Total E both high...