Your thoughts on a cheat meal... - AnabolicMinds.com

Your thoughts on a cheat meal...

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  168 lbs.

Your thoughts on a cheat meal...

Approximately 1x a week my wife and I have a cheat breakfast consisting of around 614 calories (2 slices of pan fried bacon, 3 eggs, 1 english muffin (whole wheat), .5oz of cheese and a tablespoon of Smart Balance Butter).

The rest of our eating is very clean, whole foods eating around 6 small meals (400 and under) a day. We have, in the past, completed a few body for life challenges and I have also done a CKD. This time around we are doing the workouts from the 10 minute trainer after the birth of our 3rd child. They are similar to P90x but much shorter. The goal is cutting body fat. So, now to the question...

Is this 1 cheat meal going to screw us?

(I just remember Body for Life and the cheat days...ahhh)

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

nope...and if you are going to eat like crap at least you do it in the morning so that meal will be history by dinner anyway
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 3v1l View Post
    Approximately 1x a week my wife and I have a cheat breakfast consisting of around 614 calories (2 slices of pan fried bacon, 3 eggs, 1 english muffin (whole wheat), .5oz of cheese and a tablespoon of Smart Balance Butter).

The rest of our eating is very clean, whole foods eating around 6 small meals (400 and under) a day. We have, in the past, completed a few body for life challenges and I have also done a CKD. This time around we are doing the workouts from the 10 minute trainer after the birth of our 3rd child. They are similar to P90x but much shorter. The goal is cutting body fat. So, now to the question...

Is this 1 cheat meal going to screw us?

(I just remember Body for Life and the cheat days...ahhh)

to be honest with you that doesnt even sound like a cheat meal besides the bacon. Enjoy yourselves every now and then just keep the cals under
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  168 lbs.

Thanks...
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

You could get away with a FAR bigger cheat meal imo. I'm sticking to one cheat meal a week on wednesdays for the final weeks of my cut, and it's working totally fine. And, when I say cheat meal, I mean cheat meal... Chili relleno, chips, salsa, queso, rice, beans, the whole song and dance.

Summary: It won't screw you
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  251 lbs.

add like 4 pancakes
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  168 lbs.

Okay so another question...first time I've ever gotten around to counting our calories and I'm using the AM counter. Putting in 7oz of top sirloin (grilled, little seasoning) is coming up with a whopping 1400 calories! Elsewhere i'm seeing something in the range of 400-500 calories...What is it in your opinion? I like the 400-500 otherwise i'm ****ed!
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

if sirloin had that many cal's i'd be fat or jacked. you are looking at about 10g fat and 60g pro. = 330cals
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

If that's a cheat meal then I'm in big trouble
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

To be honest, if the rest of your diet was clean you could eat that everyday for breakfast and still lose weight lol. I also cheat once a week but its usually some ridiculous fast food meal lol. Sometimes I have a couple cheat meals over the weekend if I feel I need it. As long as you get back on track the next day it wont set you back at all. Cheaters prosper my friend
  11. New Member

a cheat every few weeks can actually help with fatloss, as long as you dont go way overboard, which your definantly not. you could probably get away with a few more slices of bacon and some pancakes.
  12. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.

i dont think that is a cheat meal mine during footbal season is a little sandwich called "the fat *****"

cheese steak
    chicken fingers
    mozzarella sticks
    french fries
    hot sauce
    ketchup
    lettuce
    tomato

all on a torpedo roll its amazing
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'6"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 3v1l View Post
    let's see:
    1.pan fried Bacon: bad
    2.eggs: perfectly fine whole food as long as your other meals aren't as high in sat. fats.
    3.whole wheat breads, no better time to get your carbs in than the a.m. really.
    4. Cheese: more fat than anything else really.
    5. S.B. butter
    -- I use this same butter, all the fats are from health conscious sources, like flax & olive oil, and nothing's hydrogenated. good choice.

Overall, I wouldn't consider this a cheat meal at all, 600 cals is fine for the first meal of the day, there's plenty of protein in it, the carbs are mostly complex, etc. the fat content might be a bit high, but really if it's the first meal of the day, that's the best time to get in a rich meal.

Switch to jennie-o extra lean turkey bacon and this wouldn't be a cheat meal at all. one slice is 20 cals, 3g protein, and half a gram of unsaturated fat. I bake mine in the oven 10 strips at a time on a cookie sheet, comes out perfectly crunchy @ 400 degrees for 15-16 minutes.

You could even switch to a reduced fat cheese, all the flavor will be there, it just doesn't have quite as good of a texture when melted. In exchange you get a slightly better protein to fat ratio though.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwanderer View Post

You could even switch to a reduced fat cheese, all the flavor will be there, it just doesn't have quite as good of a texture when melted. In exchange you get a slightly better protein to fat ratio though.
    I LOVE my Kraft fat-free cheddar cheese singles. I put that on my eggs every morning.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  174 lbs.

my cheat meal consist of a LARGE bag of oreos and 2 large glasses of milk. WEEKLY yessss
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Mine is strawberry crepes... God I love those things
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

i think my last cheat was a pint of milk mixed in with some protein, a bag of peanut butter m 'n' m's, and a big cheese omelet. FTW. (750 cals)

another i like is to take about four corn tortillas, gob them with natty pb (blended with splenda out the yang of course), and then drizzle them with honey. wrap them shlts up and eat. FTWx2. (800 cals)

but, i don't do this on the regular. i only do it when i feel depleted, which is only about once every few weeks.
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

Whenever I treat myself to something a little outside my diet it's a giant protein pancake with as much maple syrup as I can handle with eggs,milk, and bacon.

I don't think bacon is that BAD. Especially if you're bulking. Everything in moderation I say. I just wish I could find some bacon without any sodium...
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  173 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    If that's a cheat meal then I'm in big trouble

exactly. If that's a cheat meal then I'm in deep shiit
  20. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by raginfcktard View Post
    nope...and if you are going to eat like crap at least you do it in the morning so that meal will be history by dinner anyway
    Dude, awesome ...

I'll crush 3000 calories in the morning, then not eat the rest of the day. It will be like I never ate!

It doesn't matter one f'n bit when you eat your "cheat meal". Maybe have it after a workout would be better ... but in the grand scheme of things ... it doesn't matter a damn bit.

Chest meals are great ... psychologically, as well physiologically if you are in a larger deficit throughout the week. Help raise certain hormones again that have began to drop that are apart of the fat loss equation. Go ahead ... just don't go 3x buffet. Have fun and enjoy it.
  21. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.

if i do a cheat meal i always get my protein in first, then i eat what i want after,

i try and stay away from trans fats, and high fructose corn syrup

those are my only limitations, if i decide to stick to them.
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
    Dude, awesome ...

I'll crush 3000 calories in the morning, then not eat the rest of the day. It will be like I never ate!

It doesn't matter one f'n bit when you eat your "cheat meal". Maybe have it after a workout would be better ... but in the grand scheme of things ... it doesn't matter a damn bit.

Chest meals are great ... psychologically, as well physiologically if you are in a larger deficit throughout the week. Help raise certain hormones again that have began to drop that are apart of the fat loss equation. Go ahead ... just don't go 3x buffet. Have fun and enjoy it.
    Actually it can make a huge difference when you eat it.

Fatty cheat meals are best in the morning. Heavy carbohydrate cheat meals should be eaten after a workout.
  23. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Actually it can make a huge difference when you eat it.

Fatty cheat meals are best in the morning. Heavy carbohydrate cheat meals should be eaten after a workout.
    Show me proof ... no bro articles please. Also, please note that I did state that cheat meals may be better utilized after workouts. We knot partitioning is real, but in the grand scheme of things when this is done on a infrequent basis ... it doesn't matter. But your generalized bro facts are just .... bro'ish.

If you are cheating on a frequent basis, you're a fat ass

If you are cheating once a week, look to see how your total caloric needs over the week have been and how far under maintenance you are, then determine if your cheat meal will still yield you continued fat loss. i.e. if your maintenance is 3000 calories / day. 7*3000 = 21000 calories for the week. If you are dieting and you are lets say 750 calories below maintenance (don't get all pissy about this number you broscientists. it's just a f'n number). 2250*7=15750. You are now 5250 calories below maintenance. Now, if you want to lose 1lb / week. Take 21000-3500=17500. Ok, so if you want, you could do this:
    (2250+(17500-15750))=4000 calories. So eat 4000k worth of food on your cheat day and you can still lose your 1lb / week assuming maintenance calories / day doesn't change. Hormones stay static, etc. But these all change. So like I've said in other threads. Record your body fat skinfolds, look at your damn self in the mirror, take your bodyweight, etc. Record as much as you can so you can guarantee yourself the results you are desiring.

If you cheat 1-2 x / month ... who gives a flying f*ck.

izza: x 4 = :bb3:
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    when I say cheat meal, I mean cheat meal... Chili relleno, chips, salsa, queso, rice, beans, the whole song and dance.
    I totally agree! I usually go for the awesome, horrible, delicious carbs! good thing it only happens every once in a while!

The meal you and your wife eat once a week is totally fine! Enjoy it ever time!
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

well it's not like our body operates on a "day to day" basis. it's burning and using calories all the time. i think the only thing that matters is the deficit or surplus over a substantial amount of time.

...so i doubt 1 meal a week will create any significant difference in the long term.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Thought on weekly cheat meal (and I meal major cheat meal)
    By FitModel in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 12:19 PM
  2. cheat meal?
    By dedication in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-04-2006, 12:05 PM