Please Help Me!!!

Miami335i

Miami335i

Awards
Hello everybody im new here my name is Martin and im a beginner weightlifter.I am 19,6'6 tall 285lbs (mostly fat lol) and currently i am taking hydroxycut hardcore and mri pro-nos protein along with hittin da gym mon-Fri.my daily diet is as follows
9:30 am 2 eggs scrambled and canadian bacon (lean pork)
12:00pm 8oz chicken breast
2:30 8oz Top sirloin steak(very lean)
5:30 8oz Tilapia (fish)
and 2 servings of mri pro-nos
and i consume nothing but water and crystal light to drink
all of this equals to roughly 1,800 calories and 260ish grams of protein
I take one serving of mri pro-nos 15 min. before my workout and am not sure when to take the other serving
my ideal weight is 245 with a little more muscle.
Since i am a rookie i would like to get some input on my diet from some more experienced Anabolic minds lol
any input would be greatly aprecciated :thumbsup:

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
For a man your size your not eating nearly enough. Your also eating pretty much zero carbs and very little fats both of which are important for weight loss and energy for training. I would add in some oats at breakfast, atleast half a cup, and some healthy fats at your mid day meals, like handfull of nuts or some natural peanut butter. I would also throw in another whole food meal there after 5:30, something high in protein and with some fats. That will allow you to get your protein up to the recommended 1 gram per pound of bodyweight and also get your calories above starvation level lol. Eating more frequently will keep your metabolism rolling and keep you away from a plateau. As far as your supps go, consume your other serving of protein immediately post workout, this is a very important time to take in a fast digesting protein.

Miami335i

Miami335i

Awards
For a man your size your not eating nearly enough. Your also eating pretty much zero carbs and very little fats both of which are important for weight loss and energy for training. I would add in some oats at breakfast, atleast half a cup, and some healthy fats at your mid day meals, like handfull of nuts or some natural peanut butter. I would also throw in another whole food meal there after 5:30, something high in protein and with some fats. That will allow you to get your protein up to the recommended 1 gram per pound of bodyweight and also get your calories above starvation level lol. Eating more frequently will keep your metabolism rolling and keep you away from a plateau. As far as your supps go, consume your other serving of protein immediately post workout, this is a very important time to take in a fast digesting protein.
Thanks alot for your suggestions its really appreciated starting tommorow i will start consuming some natural peanut butter,some oats for breakfast and add another 8oz sirloin steak after 5:30 thanks again:thumbsup:

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
No worries bro, Im sure you will get some more replies too with some other good advice. I would recommend watching milos sarcev's nutrition seminar, you can catch it on daily motion, just search milos sarcev. Its about an hour so make sure you have the time, but for a beginner it has a great deal of awesome information about bodybuilding diets and how your particular body type will use nutrients, and it provides a guideline for how many grams of protein carbs and fats you should take in daily based on your body type. To me it is truely a must watch for any beginner to dieting, knowledge is power my friend lol.

Miami335i

Miami335i

Awards
No worries bro, Im sure you will get some more replies too with some other good advice. I would recommend watching milos sarcev's nutrition seminar, you can catch it on daily motion, just search milos sarcev. Its about an hour so make sure you have the time, but for a beginner it has a great deal of awesome information about bodybuilding diets and how your particular body type will use nutrients, and it provides a guideline for how many grams of protein carbs and fats you should take in daily based on your body type. To me it is truely a must watch for any beginner to dieting, knowledge is power my friend lol.
ok i will look into that nutrition seminar thanks:bb3:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'd scrap the canadian bacon, add another egg in its place. Also, you dont mention any vegetables? greens are healthy and filling. broccoli as well is a great choice

Miami335i

Miami335i

Awards
thanks everyone for your helpful advice I have now changed my exercise program to 7 days a week in the gym also now every morning i swim for 45 min - 1 hour

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
i'd scrap the canadian bacon, add another egg in its place. Also, you dont mention any vegetables? greens are healthy and filling. broccoli as well is a great choice

HELLO!!

How are you not taking in any vegetables or fruit? You are missing out on a very great deal of vitamins and antioxidants with this diet.

Even if this diet is going to help you meet immediate goals for your body size and sculpture...it will also create very poor dietary habits that will be with you forever and will cause many worse problems for you down the road than a less than perfect physique right now.

Miami335i

Miami335i

Awards
HELLO!!

How are you not taking in any vegetables or fruit? You are missing out on a very great deal of vitamins and antioxidants with this diet.

Even if this diet is going to help you meet immediate goals for your body size and sculpture...it will also create very poor dietary habits that will be with you forever and will cause many worse problems for you down the road than a less than perfect physique right now.
The problem is i really dont like any veggies lol and the only fruit I like is bananas and grapes....

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Then first and foremost, eat more bananas and grapes. There is no reason to not have any fruit or vegetables in your diet.

The more fruit and veggies you eat, the more you'll learn to love them. Even if you don't enjoy the taste right now, find some that you do enjoy. there is a vast array of different ones out there with all different tastes and textures. You just have to find whats right for you.

Are you at least taking a solid multivitamin to combat a little of your lack of nutrients and antioxidants?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you like looking the way you do in the mirror? food isn't entirely about likes, its more about providing fuel + nutrition for your body.

Miami335i

Miami335i

Awards
Then first and foremost, eat more bananas and grapes. There is no reason to not have any fruit or vegetables in your diet.

The more fruit and veggies you eat, the more you'll learn to love them. Even if you don't enjoy the taste right now, find some that you do enjoy. there is a vast array of different ones out there with all different tastes and textures. You just have to find whats right for you.

Are you at least taking a solid multivitamin to combat a little of your lack of nutrients and antioxidants?
Starting today i am taking benefiber.... Any reccomendations on a good multivitamin?

Miami335i

Miami335i

Awards
Do you like looking the way you do in the mirror? food isn't entirely about likes, its more about providing fuel + nutrition for your body.
I am going to try out some fruits and veggies to see which ones I can Bear to eat lol

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Starting today i am taking benefiber.... Any reccomendations on a good multivitamin?
I personally use Mvp356 by millennium sport and swear by it...but there are a few other good ones out there. I hear good things about Orange Triad. I personally did not like Animal Pak's but I hear good things about those also. Check out Mvp and let me know what you think.

I still say even with a solid multi though that whole foods always come first for nutrients!

Miami335i

Miami335i

Awards
I personally use Mvp356 by millennium sport and swear by it...but there are a few other good ones out there. I hear good things about Orange Triad. I personally did not like Animal Pak's but I hear good things about those also. Check out Mvp and let me know what you think.

I still say even with a solid multi though that whole foods always come first for nutrients!
I just did some quick research on mvp365 and it looks good Ill probably be purchasing it sometime next week thanks!

Sxhawnn

Awards

What about all the sugar in bananas and fruits. For someone trying to cut weight, isn't it true that the only times that fast digesting carbs should be consumed is upon waking and after a workout? A banana has easily 20 grams of sugar. you start including a couple of those every day and you can get 50/60 unneeded grams of sugar in a diet. I agree with the veggies but I wouldn't go crazy with the fruits. Of course, I"m by no means an expert. If i'm wrong on this, I hope someone can correct my perceptions.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, yes there is a fine line, but his cals are so low now that a bit more isnt all bad. plus natural fructose is handled different, but bananas do have a bit of glucose as well. Still better than no fruit tho

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
What about all the sugar in bananas and fruits. For someone trying to cut weight, isn't it true that the only times that fast digesting carbs should be consumed is upon waking and after a workout? A banana has easily 20 grams of sugar. you start including a couple of those every day and you can get 50/60 unneeded grams of sugar in a diet. I agree with the veggies but I wouldn't go crazy with the fruits. Of course, I"m by no means an expert. If i'm wrong on this, I hope someone can correct my perceptions.
The point you're missing here is that the all natural piece of fruit has natural sugars which are treated far differently by the body than let's say high fructose corn syrup or another modified sugar source.

There is no substitute to eating a balanced diet day in and day out...even if it takes you an extra month to cut to where you want to be. The long term results of eating properly always will far outweigh the few extra pounds you shed while teaching yourself awful nutritional habits.

pdx89

pdx89

Banned
Awards
  • Established
true unless you are cutting for a competition or something you really don't need to worry about your carbs. Just eat a healthy diet with all of your macros and when you get to the point to where you aren't losing anymore weight then incorporate the various cutting methods and see how far you get with one before you switch to another ect. It takes time, dedication, and most importantly patience to get where you want to go :thumbsup:

Sxhawnn

Awards
^^ LOL all valid points.

its just that sometimes for guys like me and op who are all of a sudden fed up with our body composition, we get a little too eager. Maybe i will lighten up and add in a banana or two.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
^^ LOL all valid points.

its just that sometimes for guys like me and op who are all of a sudden fed up with our body composition, we get a little too eager. Maybe i will lighten up and add in a banana or two.
Now you're talkin ;)

And not for nothin man...they taste effin delicious!

Miami335i

Miami335i

Awards
yea they are good :goodpost: a couple wont hurt lol

toriamadd44

Banned
Awards
Jay edit: In the famous words of the AOL guy... Goodbye!

dommer

Banned
Awards
The problem is i really dont like any veggies lol and the only fruit I like is bananas and grapes....
try this then its my post workout cheat meal on Saturdays and it tastes great and is packed with stuff

lean ground beef, a box of craft mac and cheese, and 4 servings of french cut green beans mix it all together (use skim milk and light butter or margarine in the mac and cheese) great filling meal also works good with chicken

dommer

Banned
Awards
o and waht about lettuce tomato's and stuff like that still a no go if not have a good size salad with every meal that you can