Most carbs one should consume while cutting

Doug8796

Doug8796

Awards
  • Established
Most say around 1-1.2 g max.. would u guys say this is about right?

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
Most say around 1-1.2 g max.. would u guys say this is about right?
so you mean 100-120g im assuming?

I would say thats pretty common, but thats not counting carbs from fruit/green veggies cause those are mostly negative calories. I think a lot of ppl thing they take that much in but if they are not counting what they eat then they are prob taking in more.

i do a carb load every so often, if my muscles feel compeletly flat for more then 3-4 days ill take in 3-400g of carbs.

Doug8796

Doug8796

Awards
  • Established
1-1.2gx bodyweight so for me around 190-220g.. im just doing a 40/40/20 approach until plateau then ill carb cycle.. just wondering

btw 5'11 193 bw as of today.. gonna get bf checked soon but its def 11-13%

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I personally don't think there is a limit really. As long as your in a caloric deficit you should lose. There are exceptions tho and some people can't really take in a lot but i am just speaking in general.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't matter too terribly much on the amount, so long as you're in a caloric deficit. But I believe thus far that the timing of carbs can definitely have an impact on fat-loss. I've been sticking to carbs with breakfast, post workout shake, and post workout meal, and pretty much cutting them out entirely besides that (unless they come from veggies or fruits). On non-cardio days I would just have them with breakfast, again, not counting veggies or fruits for the rest of the day.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't matter too terribly much on the amount, so long as you're in a caloric deficit. But I believe thus far that the timing of carbs can definitely have an impact on fat-loss. I've been sticking to carbs with breakfast, post workout shake, and post workout meal, and pretty much cutting them out entirely besides that (unless they come from veggies or fruits). On non-cardio days I would just have them with breakfast, again, not counting veggies or fruits for the rest of the day.
That approach has worked quite well for me as well.

Doug8796

Doug8796

Awards
  • Established
so how much of my diet should be carbs on non cardio days?

Doug8796

Doug8796

Awards
  • Established
Non cardio days would be lifting days just no cardio..

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I personally hate this question because you're defeating the whole purpose of eating for your body type. Bolt said it very well earlier when he said that it won't matter much as long as you have a caloric deficit working for you. The best approach is to eat whole and healthy meals with as many natural foods as possible and let your body do the rest.

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
If you eat 1000 cals worth of whole food protein, say steak or chicken it takes your body 300-400cals to digest it. So really you are taking in more like 650cals.

If you eat 1000 cals worth of carbs it takes your body only 80cals to digest it.

Fat takes almost no cals to digest.

I read that in some study that was in MD, I had some idea of this but didn't think that 40% of protein cals are written off to digestion. But hey if broccoli and apples are 100% then why can't steak be 40%

Canadianguy

Canadianguy

Awards
theres alot of ways to figure it out man, diff things work for diff people. it could depend on how sensitive ur body is to carbs, i know mine is.

i had a personla friend giev me advice on amounts of food basically told me what ur doing, 1-1.2 grams per body lbs and so far its doing good for me. i try to keep my protein really high like 270-300 or more a day and fats around 60-70. eventually cutting more food after about 4-6 weeks, from carbs and fat. thats my plan, other than cheat days where 1 meal can throw u off especially if its from a restaurant and ur guessing the macronutrient breakdown.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can easily cut while still consuming >400g of carbs every day. It really is a completely individual thing and there is no way to really advise anyone without knowing their phenotype and sensitivity to carbs.