Question on Bulk Modern BCAA

Hark

Hark

Awards
Hopefully this is the right spot to ask this

I am experiencing extreme GI distress after consuming bulk modern bcaa

My first kilo seemed fine, but this last batch tears my stomach up terribly

Running to the john instead of lifting really sux (30 minutes after ingestion whether is pre or post wo)

I usually have an iron gut, so this explosive reaction is quite disturbing

My goal was to take 12grams three times a day (breakfast, pre wo, post wo)

Now, due to needed "emergency bathroom break", I only take post wo

NO hate whatsoever, just looking for help. Any thoughts/suggestions?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i only take it during my workout (2 scoops). if you are set on the amount you want to consume each day, try spreading out the dosages (not as much at one time) and see if they helps.

Hark

Hark

Awards
I will try that (spreading the "dosing" out more). Thanks for the tip!

Also, no scoop was included, so based on the USP website I'm using 6teaspoons (2 tablespoons) = 12 grams, correct?

So maybe do 1 tablespoon breakfast, 1 pre wo, and 1 post wo? That should be ~18grams for the day (and about half what i'm trying now)

Also I'm over 3 bills, so I usually feel like I need to round up on dosing stuff, maybe not in this case!

Thanks again

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you must have the older tub of modern BCAA. the new one (at least mine) has a scoop. i suggest getting a scooper from walmart or from previous protein or pre workout and weighing it then get a sharpie and drawing your line to how much to put in based on weight. this way u dont have to weigh it every time

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hopefully this is the right spot to ask this

I am experiencing extreme GI distress after consuming bulk modern bcaa

My first kilo seemed fine, but this last batch tears my stomach up terribly

Running to the john instead of lifting really sux (30 minutes after ingestion whether is pre or post wo)

I usually have an iron gut, so this explosive reaction is quite disturbing

My goal was to take 12grams three times a day (breakfast, pre wo, post wo)

Now, due to needed "emergency bathroom break", I only take post wo

NO hate whatsoever, just looking for help. Any thoughts/suggestions?
Hi Hark. Have you experienced the same issue with other BCAA products before? Do you have known sensitivity to any particular sweeteners or dyes? I wonder if maybe it's one of those. Did you get a different flavor/color the last time you bought it (last time I checked they were lightly colored)? In any case I would discontinue use, and we'll see if we can determine a cause so that you don't have the same problem again.

I will try that (spreading the "dosing" out more). Thanks for the tip!

Also, no scoop was included, so based on the USP website I'm using 6teaspoons (2 tablespoons) = 12 grams, correct?

So maybe do 1 tablespoon breakfast, 1 pre wo, and 1 post wo? That should be ~18grams for the day (and about half what i'm trying now)

Also I'm over 3 bills, so I usually feel like I need to round up on dosing stuff, maybe not in this case!

Thanks again
Yes, that is correct. I had some and was measuring a serving with a 1/8 measuring cup. Same thing.

Hark

Hark

Awards
First real try with bulk amino's. But second tub of Modern Bulk BCAA's. Same flavor/size, grape bubblegum 1kg. I honesly don't remember the problem occuring with the first tub.

I did stop use yesterday (almost), just did 12g post wo. I did have the symptoms (30-45minutes later), but to a lessor degree.

Today I am refraining from taking any BCAA's at all (and will still take everything else) and I feel fine so far

Tomorrow I will try my smaller and more spaced out portions. Fingers crosssed!

It could also just be I have finally found something that my old iron gut can't handle (it happens!)

Thanks for all your tips and advice

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First real try with bulk amino's. But second tub of Modern Bulk BCAA's. Same flavor/size, grape bubblegum 1kg. I honesly don't remember the problem occuring with the first tub.

I did stop use yesterday (almost), just did 12g post wo. I did have the symptoms (30-45minutes later), but to a lessor degree.

Today I am refraining from taking any BCAA's at all (and will still take everything else) and I feel fine so far

Tomorrow I will try my smaller and more spaced out portions. Fingers crosssed!

It could also just be I have finally found something that my old iron gut can't handle (it happens!)

Thanks for all your tips and advice
Does your bulk version have color to it or is it clear like regular Modern BCAA?

Hark

Hark

Awards
It's white with tiny colored specks.

I've never had the non-bulk version so I can't compare.

So, tomorrow I will try the rolled back dosing (1 tbs at a time, 3 of them spaced out during the day)

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly Hark I would ditch it. It's hard to say what the issue is but the reaction you're getting can't be good. You can always put the rest up in the supplement trading section. I'm sure someone will snatch it up quickly.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah man if its giving you these issues, its not worth it. i mean, its only BCAAs.

bklaves

bklaves

Awards
Anyone know if Nutra is getting more Peach and Grape Bulk Modern in?

Hark

Hark

Awards
So...

Tried 3 separate 1 tbs servings today, spaced out quite a bit

Morning went ok (a few tummy gurgles, but not too bad)

Pre WO was a little uncomfortable, and by post WO it was back

Tomorrow is an off day, will try just 2 one tbs servings, and try to keep them 12 hrs apart

If still problematic, I guess I will have to chalk it up to having some sort of allergy or incompatibility and see if I can tolerate 1 TBS a day

It's only a kilo, so that way it should last me for years! LOL

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone know if Nutra is getting more Peach and Grape Bulk Modern in?
That's something to ask Nutraplanet. I'd shoot an email to their customer service to see what they have in store.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Is this still a limited time deal?Or a permanent thing?You just can not beat the price.

Cryoburner

Cryoburner

Awards
It has been the same price since I found out about it a year ago ;)