Question on Bulk Modern BCAA

  1. Registered User
    Hark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    32
    Answers
    0

    Question Question on Bulk Modern BCAA


    Hopefully this is the right spot to ask this

    I am experiencing extreme GI distress after consuming bulk modern bcaa

    My first kilo seemed fine, but this last batch tears my stomach up terribly

    Running to the john instead of lifting really sux (30 minutes after ingestion whether is pre or post wo)

    I usually have an iron gut, so this explosive reaction is quite disturbing

    My goal was to take 12grams three times a day (breakfast, pre wo, post wo)

    Now, due to needed "emergency bathroom break", I only take post wo


    NO hate whatsoever, just looking for help. Any thoughts/suggestions?

  2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,549
    Answers
    0

    i only take it during my workout (2 scoops). if you are set on the amount you want to consume each day, try spreading out the dosages (not as much at one time) and see if they helps.
  3. Registered User
    Hark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    32
    Answers
    0

    I will try that (spreading the "dosing" out more). Thanks for the tip!

    Also, no scoop was included, so based on the USP website I'm using 6teaspoons (2 tablespoons) = 12 grams, correct?

    So maybe do 1 tablespoon breakfast, 1 pre wo, and 1 post wo? That should be ~18grams for the day (and about half what i'm trying now)

    Also I'm over 3 bills, so I usually feel like I need to round up on dosing stuff, maybe not in this case!

    Thanks again
    •   
       

  4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,549
    Answers
    0

    you must have the older tub of modern BCAA. the new one (at least mine) has a scoop. i suggest getting a scooper from walmart or from previous protein or pre workout and weighing it then get a sharpie and drawing your line to how much to put in based on weight. this way u dont have to weigh it every time
  5. Registered User
    classic34's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,390
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark View Post
    Hopefully this is the right spot to ask this

    I am experiencing extreme GI distress after consuming bulk modern bcaa

    My first kilo seemed fine, but this last batch tears my stomach up terribly

    Running to the john instead of lifting really sux (30 minutes after ingestion whether is pre or post wo)

    I usually have an iron gut, so this explosive reaction is quite disturbing

    My goal was to take 12grams three times a day (breakfast, pre wo, post wo)

    Now, due to needed "emergency bathroom break", I only take post wo


    NO hate whatsoever, just looking for help. Any thoughts/suggestions?
    Hi Hark. Have you experienced the same issue with other BCAA products before? Do you have known sensitivity to any particular sweeteners or dyes? I wonder if maybe it's one of those. Did you get a different flavor/color the last time you bought it (last time I checked they were lightly colored)? In any case I would discontinue use, and we'll see if we can determine a cause so that you don't have the same problem again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark View Post
    I will try that (spreading the "dosing" out more). Thanks for the tip!

    Also, no scoop was included, so based on the USP website I'm using 6teaspoons (2 tablespoons) = 12 grams, correct?

    So maybe do 1 tablespoon breakfast, 1 pre wo, and 1 post wo? That should be ~18grams for the day (and about half what i'm trying now)

    Also I'm over 3 bills, so I usually feel like I need to round up on dosing stuff, maybe not in this case!

    Thanks again
    Yes, that is correct. I had some and was measuring a serving with a 1/8 measuring cup. Same thing.
    USPlabs | Ultra-Premium Sports Supplements | Product Educator

    usplabsdirect.com
  6. Registered User
    Hark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    32
    Answers
    0

    First real try with bulk amino's. But second tub of Modern Bulk BCAA's. Same flavor/size, grape bubblegum 1kg. I honesly don't remember the problem occuring with the first tub.

    I did stop use yesterday (almost), just did 12g post wo. I did have the symptoms (30-45minutes later), but to a lessor degree.

    Today I am refraining from taking any BCAA's at all (and will still take everything else) and I feel fine so far

    Tomorrow I will try my smaller and more spaced out portions. Fingers crosssed!

    It could also just be I have finally found something that my old iron gut can't handle (it happens!)

    Thanks for all your tips and advice
  7. Registered User
    classic34's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,390
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Hark View Post
    First real try with bulk amino's. But second tub of Modern Bulk BCAA's. Same flavor/size, grape bubblegum 1kg. I honesly don't remember the problem occuring with the first tub.

    I did stop use yesterday (almost), just did 12g post wo. I did have the symptoms (30-45minutes later), but to a lessor degree.

    Today I am refraining from taking any BCAA's at all (and will still take everything else) and I feel fine so far

    Tomorrow I will try my smaller and more spaced out portions. Fingers crosssed!

    It could also just be I have finally found something that my old iron gut can't handle (it happens!)

    Thanks for all your tips and advice
    Does your bulk version have color to it or is it clear like regular Modern BCAA?
    USPlabs | Ultra-Premium Sports Supplements | Product Educator

    usplabsdirect.com
  8. Registered User
    Hark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    32
    Answers
    0

    It's white with tiny colored specks.

    I've never had the non-bulk version so I can't compare.

    So, tomorrow I will try the rolled back dosing (1 tbs at a time, 3 of them spaced out during the day)
  9. Registered User
    classic34's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,390
    Answers
    0

    Honestly Hark I would ditch it. It's hard to say what the issue is but the reaction you're getting can't be good. You can always put the rest up in the supplement trading section. I'm sure someone will snatch it up quickly.
    USPlabs | Ultra-Premium Sports Supplements | Product Educator

    usplabsdirect.com
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,549
    Answers
    0

    yeah man if its giving you these issues, its not worth it. i mean, its only BCAAs.
  11. Registered User
    bklaves's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    125
    Answers
    0

    Anyone know if Nutra is getting more Peach and Grape Bulk Modern in?
  12. Registered User
    Hark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    32
    Answers
    0

    So...

    Tried 3 separate 1 tbs servings today, spaced out quite a bit

    Morning went ok (a few tummy gurgles, but not too bad)

    Pre WO was a little uncomfortable, and by post WO it was back


    Tomorrow is an off day, will try just 2 one tbs servings, and try to keep them 12 hrs apart

    If still problematic, I guess I will have to chalk it up to having some sort of allergy or incompatibility and see if I can tolerate 1 TBS a day

    It's only a kilo, so that way it should last me for years! LOL
  13. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,549
    Answers
    0

    just use one tbsp intra. could try that.
  14. Registered User
    classic34's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,390
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by bklaves View Post
    Anyone know if Nutra is getting more Peach and Grape Bulk Modern in?
    That's something to ask Nutraplanet. I'd shoot an email to their customer service to see what they have in store.
    USPlabs | Ultra-Premium Sports Supplements | Product Educator

    usplabsdirect.com
  15. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by bklaves View Post
    Anyone know if Nutra is getting more Peach and Grape Bulk Modern in?
    They are back in stock. Thank you!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  16. Board Supporter
    ripped218's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    772
    Answers
    0

    Is this still a limited time deal?Or a permanent thing?You just can not beat the price.
  17. Registered User
    Cryoburner's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  199 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    17
    Answers
    0

    It has been the same price since I found out about it a year ago
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
    USPlabs Online Product Educator
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 141
    Last Post: 01-07-2014, 11:01 AM
  2. Replies: 132
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 11:34 PM
  3. Question on Bulk NAC
    By Vegking in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2007, 06:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in