USPowders Product Write-Up: FocusDirt

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
USPowders FocusDirt

FocusDirt (Schizandrin A, also known as Deoxyschizandrin) is a highly purified, USPowders-specific compound, obtained from the herb Schizandra chinensis Bail., and targeted to induce a wide variety of potent effects. Benefitting from USPowders' unmatched excellence in bulk powders and unmatched value-for-money, FocusDirt is a versatile agent specifically designed to deliver the following benefits, amongst others:
  • Pronounced nootropic, neuro-protective, and neuronal-network-enhancing effects
  • Unmistakably improved concentration and focus
  • Boost in physical and mental performance
  • Improved behavioral and biochemical markers of stress
  • Pronounced adrenal support after or during (strong) stimulant use, as well as powerful overall stimulation of adrenal-adaptogenic function
  • Significant hepato(liver)-protective, fortification and regenerative benefits
  • Improved tissue respiration, enhanced oxygen consumption and cardiovascular function
  • Enhanced endurance and delayed onset of fatigue and enhanced recovery
  • Potent antioxidant effects and noticeable improvements in various metabolic markers
FocusDirt (Schizandrin A) distinguishes itself from other Schisandra products especially because of its capacity to induce significant nootropic, neuroprotective, and neuronal- network-enhancing effects, while improving concentration and focus, as well as boosting physical and mental performance.

Now, let us zoom-in some more on this highly valuable compound.

A member of the Magnoliaceae family, Schizandra chinensis Bail. (Fructus Schizandrae) is an important herb with a well-established recognition and considerable importance in Russian medicine, as well as a long history of use in classical Chinese medicine. A powerful adaptogen, Schizandra has classically been prescribed for ailments ranging from lung and kidney disorder, to hepatitis, to muscle wasting, and insomnia. [1,2]. Schizandra contains several active constituents such as essential oils and dibenzocyclooctadine lignans such as Schizandrin (Schisandol A), isoschizandrin, gamma-schizandrin (Schizandol B), deoxyschizandrin (Schizandrin A, Dimethylgomisin J), Gomisin A, D, F, K, O, S, P, R, Q, and Isogomisin O. [1,2].

Schizandra and its active constituents have been shown in animal models to induce hepato-protective and regenerative effects on liver injured by toxic substances, demonstrate free-radical scavenging (anti-oxidant) effects, as well as stimulate anabolic processes (enhanced protein synthesis and glycogenesis)[3]. Furthermore, Schizandra has been reported to reverse cycloheximide-induced amnesia in animal models [4], as well as reverse scopolamine-induced memory impairment and passive avoidance response, partly via enhancement of central cholinergic neuronal processes [inhibition of acetylcholinesterase activity] [5]. For perspective, cycloheximide is an inhibitor of protein-biosynthetic processes in eukaryotic organisms, and cycloheximide is a non- selective muscarinic receptor antagonist used to experimentally produce models of memory dysfunction in animals.

Furthermore, stress is known to be associated with multiple undesirable downstream effects that include compromised physical and mental performance, insomnia, anxiety, neurosis [6,7], weakened immune and central nervous system functions, increased expression of pro-inflammatory cytokines (including interleukin-2 (IL-2)) [8,9], as well as increased circulating levels of corticosterone. Schizandra, Scutellaria, and a combination of Schizandra and Scutellaria have been shown, in acute stress conditions in animal models, to induce improved behavioral and biochemical markers of stress, including reduced anxiety, reduced expression of pro-inflammatory cytokines, decreased levels of circulating corticosterone, as well as a general enhancement in physical and mental performance. [6]

Officially recognized as an adaptogen in Russian medicine, Schizandra has been reported in pharmacological animal studies to boost physical performance, provide stress-protective effects, as well as induce a broad range of pronounced phytoadaptogenic effects. The pluripotent nature and incredible versatility of the Schizandra herb is amply demonstrated by the following quote from Panossian and Wikman [10]: "The phytoadaptogen exerts an effect on the central nervous, sympathetic, endocrine, immune, respiratory, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal systems, on the development of experimental atherosclerosis, on blood sugar and acid–base balance, and on uterus myotonic activity. Studies on isolated organs, tissues, cells and enzymes have revealed that Schizandra preparations exhibit strong antioxidant activities and affect smooth muscles, arachidonic acid release, biosynthesis of leukotriene B4 in leukocytes, platelet activating factor activity, carbohydrate–phosphorus metabolism, the formation of heat shock protein and polyamines, tissue respiration and oxygen consumption, and the tolerance of an organism to oxygen intoxication. In healthy subjects, Schizandra increases endurance and accuracy of movement, mental performance and working capacity, and generates alterations in the basal levels of nitric oxide and cortisol in blood and saliva with subsequent effects on the blood cells, vessels and CNS. Numerous clinical trials have demonstrated the efficiency of Schizandra in asthenia, neuralgic and psychiatric (neurosis, psychogenic depression, astheno-depressive states, schizophrenia and alcoholism) disorders, in impaired visual function, hypotension and cardiotonic disorders, in epidemic waves of influenza, in chronic sinusitis, otitis, neuritis and otosclerosis, in pneumonia, radioprotection of the fetoplacental system of pregnant women, allergic dermatitis, acute gastrointestinal diseases, gastric hyper- and hypo-secretion, chronic gastritis, stomach and duodenal ulcers, wound healing and trophic ulcers." [10] Demonstrated effects of Schizandra in humans include "increased endurance, accuracy of movement and physical working capacity, increased mental performance, stimulation of CNS activity, improved impaired night vision and vision in darkness, improved performance in conditions of increased oxygen pressure and decreased atmospheric pressure, local anti-inflammatory effects, radio protection, normalization of arterial blood pressure and cardiac rhythm" [10] and so on.

FocusDirt contains a potent concentration of Schizandrin A (also known as Deoxyschizandrin, Wuweizisu A, Deoxyschisandrin), one of the most bioactive and effective lignans isolated from Schizandra chinensis, A major constituent of Schizandra, Schizandrin A has been shown in pharmacological studies to possess various beneficial biological effects such as anti-fatigue, pro-endurance, anti-inflammatory, and pro- performance effects [11,12]. Beyond these, Schizandrin A has been documented to induce neuroprotective effects and improve neuronal-network functioning in animal models by inhibiting the expression of intracellular Ca2+ via reduction of the influx of extracellular calcium and initiation of action potential [12]. Furthermore, Schizandrin A has been reported to potently attenuate L-glutamate-induced toxicity in primary samples of animal cortical cells, as measured by inhibition of increased expression of intracellular Ca2+, an enhancement of glutathione synthesis, as well as an inhibition of the expression of cellular peroxide levels [13]. So, Schizandrin A has been reported to possess not only "neurprotective, antioxidative, neurobiological performance-improving and antitumor activities", but also induces liver regeneration and liver-carcinogen suppressing effects [14]. Besides, Schizandrin A has also been used as a Ca2+ modulator to induce neuroprotective effects [12,13,14].

Overall, FocusDirt is a safe, reliable, effective, and incredibly versatile and pluripotent agent specifically engineered to deliver superior physical-and-mental-performance- enhancing effects, pronounced nootropic benefits, significant adrenal support after or during (strong) stimulant use, as well as powerful overall stimulation of adrenal- adaptogenic function, improved focus and concentration, improved stress resistance, hepato-protective, regeneration and fortification effects, adrenal-adaptogenic benefits, as well as the maintenance of metabolic and immune-system integrity.

FocusDirt Directions:

Take 1g about thirty minutes before breakfast. For those seeking adrenal recovery/ coming-off a heavy stim cycle, take 1.5g about thirty minutes before breakfast. On workout days, take the dose before workouts (with a stim or non-stim pre-workout product). FocusDirt can also be taken before events (for instance studying, attacking a mentally challenging task) requiring focus, concentration, enhanced memory- functioning. Do not take product at night, as this might affect sleep architecture.

Suggested Stack Options:

FocusDirt/Bulk 1-carboxy/SuperSaponins
FocusDirt/PCT Stack (for liver invigoration, regeneration, and protection)
FocusDirt/Pre-Workout Products (stimulant and non-stimulant)
FocusDirt/Immune-System Recovery, Adrenal Recovery and Adaptogenic Products

FocusDirt Warning:

Keep out of reach of children. Do not exceed recommended dose. Not for use by pregnant or nursing women, or persons under the age of 18. This product is intended for use by healthy individuals only. Always consult a physician before beginning this or any dietary supplement and/or training program. Discontinue use and immediately consult your health care professional if you experience any adverse reaction to this product.

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

References:

1) Bensky, D., et al. (1993). Chinese Herbal Medicine: Materia Medica. Revised Edition. Eastland Press, Seattle, WA.
2) Sinclair, S. (1998). Chinese Herbs: A Chemical Review of Astragalus, Ligusticum, and Schizandra. Alternative Medicine Review. 3(5):338-344.
3) Liu, G.T. (1989). Pharmacological actions and clinical use of fructus schizandrae. Chin Med J. Oct;102(10):740-9.
4) Hsieh, M-T., et al. (2001). The ameliorating effects of the water layer of Fructus Schizandrae on cycloheximide-induced amnesia in rats: interaction with drugs acting at neurotransmitter receptors. Pharmacol Res 43:17-22.
5) Egashira, N., et al. (2007). Schizandrin reverses memory impairment in rats. Phytotherapy Research. DOI: 10.1002/ptr. 2258.
6) Lee, S., et al. (2007). Schizandra chinensis and Scutellaria baicalensis counter stress behaviors in mice. Phytotherapy Reaearch. DOI. 10.1002/ptr. 2233.
7) Gold, P.W. and Chrousos, G.P. (2002). Organisation of the stress system and its dysregulation in melancholic and atypical depression: high vs low CRH/NE states. Mol Psychiatr. 7:254-275.
8) Haack, M., et al. (1999). Plasma levels of cytokines and cytokines receptors in psychiatric patients upon hospital admission: effects of confounding factors and diagnosis. J Psychiatr Res. 33:407-418.
9) Anisman, H., et al. (1999). Endocrine and cytokines correlates of major depression and dysthymia with typical or atypical features. Mol Psychiatry. 4:182-188.
10) Panossian, A. and Wikman, G. (2008). Pharmacology of Schisandra chinensis Bail.: An overview of Russian research and uses in medicine. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 118:183-212.
11) Yang, F-J., et al. (2012). Enhancement and purification of Deoxyschizandrin and Gamma-Schizandrin from the extract of Schizandra chinensis fruit by macroporous resins. Molecules, 17:3510-3523.
12) Fu, M., et al. (2008). Deoxyschizandrin modulates Ca2+ oscillations and spontaneous synaptic transmission of cultured hippocampal neurons. Acta Pharmacol. Sin., 29:891-898.
13) Kim, S.R., et al. (2004). Dibenzocyclooctadine lignans from Schisandra chinensis protect primary cultures of rat cortical cells from glutamate-induced toxicity. J. Neurosci. Res., 1;76(3):397-405.
14) Hwang, D.Y. "Therapeutic effects of lignans and blend isolated from Schizandra chinensis on hepatic carcinoma", in Recent Advances in Theories and Practice of Chinese Medicine, 389-406.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Suggested FocusDirt Stack Options:

FocusDirt/Bulk 1-carboxy/SuperSaponins
FocusDirt/PCT Stack (for liver invigoration, regeneration, and protection)
FocusDirt/Pre-Workout Products (stimulant and non-stimulant)
FocusDirt/Immune-System Recovery, Adrenal Recovery and Adaptogenic Products

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
FocusDirt is a versatile agent specifically designed to deliver the following benefits, amongst others:

• Pronounced nootropic, neuro-protective, and neuronal-network-enhancing effects
  • Unmistakably improved concentration and focus
  • Boost in physical and mental performance
  • Improved behavioral and biochemical markers of stress
  • Pronounced adrenal support after or during (strong) stimulant use, as well as powerful overall stimulation of adrenal-adaptogenic function
  • Significant hepato(liver)-protective, fortification and regenerative benefits
  • Improved tissue respiration, enhanced oxygen consumption and cardiovascular function
  • Enhanced endurance and delayed onset of fatigue and enhanced recovery
  • Potent antioxidant effects and noticeable improvements in various metabolic markers
FocusDirt (Schizandrin A) distinguishes itself from other Schisandra products especially because of its capacity to induce significant nootropic, neuroprotective, and neuronal- network-enhancing effects, while improving concentration and focus, as well as boosting physical and mental performance.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How are you using FocusDirt? Any further feedback? Thank you!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly bro, I have never tried it.. Hahaha... Looked into it though, and this thread was the best write up I've seen on it..
Thank you for the write-up comment. One can stack FocusDirt with practilcally anything. Or use it solo. Give it a shot!

hawaiianhulk

hawaiianhulk

Awards
Wish I could man.. tough just getting by..

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Always man.. I will always support the company.. I only use stuff that works and I have gotten amazing results with ALL USP products..
Well appreciated, Sir. Thank you! I would have arranged for some USPowders goodies to be sent to you, but we do not carry them in our warehouse - they are directly shipped to NutraPlanet. Nevertheless, send me your address, and I'll have some other products sent your way. Thank you for the continued support!

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Well appreciated, Sir. Thank you! I would have arranged for some USPowders goodies to be sent to you, but we do not carry them in our warehouse - they are directly shipped to NutraPlanet. Nevertheless, send me your address, and I'll have some other products sent your way. Thank you for the continued support!

Case in point why USP Labs and USPowders is the best supplement provider out there. Truly do take care of their loyal, hardworking customers. This is cool to see.

@Hulk... hey bro if you get to try that FocusDirt out, let me know how it is.. i've always been curious about this stuff.

hawaiianhulk

hawaiianhulk

Awards
Case in point why USP Labs and USPowders is the best supplement provider out there. Truly do take care of their loyal, hardworking customers. This is cool to see.

@Hulk... hey bro if you get to try that FocusDirt out, let me know how it is.. i've always been curious about this stuff.
Indeed brother.. welcome to the forums my man.. we gotta bring more soldiers here.. spread the word my man...

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thank you for the kind words.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Ike do you find yourself more serious after taking a full dose of Focus Dirt? I am always type A personality orientated but this stuff makes me MR. NO BS.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ike do you find yourself more serious after taking a full dose of Focus Dirt? I am always type A personality orientated but this stuff makes me MR. NO BS.
You mean in the sense of making you more focused and concentrated?

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
You mean in the sense of making you more focused and concentrated?
Yes but with state of mind that you do not want to waste your time with anything you consider to be nonsense.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes but with state of mind that you do not want to waste your time with anything you consider to be nonsense.
That specific state, to the extent it is stimulated by FocusDirt, would vary from user to user.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
That specific state, to the extent it is stimulated by FocusDirt, would vary from user to user.
Well of course, I merely wanted to know if you have ever experienced that with your usage of focus dirt? If you don't mind stating upon your personal experience?

Me likey though hehehe

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well of course, I merely wanted to know if you have ever experienced that with your usage of focus dirt? If you don't mind stating upon your personal experience?

Me likey though hehehe
Not as intense as you described it. Sharp, focussed, concentrated, clear-headed.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Gotcha, well I am an extremist so that makes sense.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Is it dose-dependent in your case?
ehh, its hard to say. At one 1/4 tsp I get the effects. It also depends on how much energy expenditure my body has gone through at the moment of dosing.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ehh, its hard to say. At one 1/4 tsp I get the effects. It also depends on how much energy expenditure my body has gone through at the moment of dosing.
Sounds like the effect varies, even in your case, right?

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like the effect varies, even in your case, right?
To an extent, I either get tired which means that my body needs sleep, or I get real focus and don't want to mess around so to speak.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
To an extent, I either get tired which means that my body needs sleep, or I get real focus and don't want to mess around so to speak.
Understood.

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hey Strategic, Im interested in buying some nootropics for school use. I have the tendency to have a wandering mind when i'm studying things i'm not completely interested in. I've been looking into ALCAR (acetyl L-carnitine) and I was wondering if Focus dirt would be something that could be taken with ALCAR? Im looking to gain better focus for studying and perhaps enhanced memory/retention. Your thoughts on some supplements that might help?

hawaiianhulk

hawaiianhulk

Awards
Hey Strategic, Im interested in buying some nootropics for school use. I have the tendency to have a wandering mind when i'm studying things i'm not completely interested in. I've been looking into ALCAR (acetyl L-carnitine) and I was wondering if Focus dirt would be something that could be taken with ALCAR? Im looking to gain better focus for studying and perhaps enhanced memory/retention. Your thoughts on some supplements that might help?
No monte.. hahahahahaha... From the looks of it focus dirt may help...

hawaiianhulk

hawaiianhulk

Awards
LOL... yeaaaah right... Focus Dirt is avail on nutraplanet... If Strategic gets back to me, i'll be making a purchase tomorrow once i hear what he has to say.
Yeah I saw it at nutraplanet.. hos write up on focus dirt was sick.. try messaging him on the usp forums too..

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
FocusDirt can be stacked with Acetyl-L-Carnitine. You can try FocusDirt first. Alternatively, a stack of FocusDirt/Rhodiola rosea (standardized to 3% rosavins and 1% salidrosides)/Ashwagandha (standardized to 8% withanolide glycoside conjugates and 32% oligosaccharides) could be considered.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL... yeaaaah right... Focus Dirt is avail on nutraplanet... If Strategic gets back to me, i'll be making a purchase tomorrow once i hear what he has to say.
Should you give it a shot, we would really appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Should you give it a shot, we would really appreciate your feedback. Thank you.
Absolutely! Thanks for your input as it is much appreciated. I'll probably order some FocusDirt this week and will keep you posted.

On a side note, what are your thoughts with Focus Dirt while taking Jack3d Micro for workouts? Should there be a time frame between dosing the two or are they stackable?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Absolutely! Thanks for your input as it is much appreciated. I'll probably order some FocusDirt this week and will keep you posted.

On a side note, what are your thoughts with Focus Dirt while taking Jack3d Micro for workouts? Should there be a time frame between dosing the two or are they stackable?
Jack3d Micro can be stacked with FocusDirt. Great idea!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
BOOM! The synergy between USP products blows my mind. I love it! I'll let you know when I get my Focus Dirt. I feel like a Log is brewing up.
Awesome. Looking forward to your feedback. Thank you!