USPowders Product Write-Up: Bulk Modern BCAA

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bulk Modern BCAA

Bulk Modern BCAA features a unique, ultra-micronized, clean-mixing, great-tasting, artificial-color and artificial-flavor-free 8:1:1 BCAA (branched-chain amino acid) matrix. Brought to you by USPowders at an unbeatable price, Bulk Modern BCAA offers superior performance and delivers additional benefits such as:

- Pronounced mTOR activation and anabolic signaling
- Amplified initiation translation, protein synthesis, and ribosomal biogenesis
- Potent inhibition of catabolic signaling and proteolytic (protein-degradation) processes
- Pronounced nitrogen retention and stimulation of glycogen synthesis
- Dramatically reduced delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS)
- Reduced mental and muscle fatigue with dramatically enhanced recovery
- Provision of energy via oxidation in mitochondrial tissue
- Dramatic boost in hydration
- Significant enhancement of gastrointestinal and immune-system integrity
- Support of tissue-repair and regeneration

Bulk Modern BCAA is truly a well put-together BCAA matrix that provides the full-spectrum BCAA benefits, ranging from enhanced anabolic signaling, cellular metabolism and hypertrophic/hyperplasic growth to amplified protein-synthetic and ribosomal-biogenetic processes, as well as reduced delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) and muscle fatigue. BCAAs belong to a class of amino acids known as essential amino acids, important macronutrient constituents that cannot be synthesized (produced) by the body, and as a consequence, must be introduced into the body via dietary sources. Composed of L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, and L-Valine, BCAAs modulate a variety of key metabolic functions in the body. Leucine is the most anabolic BCAA, and as a consequence, the most anabolic essential amino acid.

The cornerstones of the Bulk Modern BCAA formulation (and the reasons-to-buy in marketing-speak) are ingredient superiority and uptake (micronized substrates and advanced-form glutamine), unmistakeable and unique leucine-bias (unquestionably the single BCAA responsible for most of the key effects attributable to BCAAs in general), as well as product friendliness and appeal (premium BCAA solubility and taste). Consider this: The chief reasons we take a BCAA product is to induce and support anabolic signaling while inhibiting catabolic processes, promote muscle protein synthesis, mediate growth (both of the hypertrophic and hyperplasic varieties), and enhance post-exercise recovery. The key regulator of the underlying molecular mechanisms behind these BCAA-induced effects is l-leucine, the most anabolic BCAA of all. This is the core justification for the unmistakably pronounced and unique leucine-bias (the 8:1:1 ratio) found in Bulk ModernBCAA. Put differently, Bulk ModernBCAA is designed to exploit the fundamental role that BCAAs, in particular, leucine, play in the enhancement of anabolic signaling, initiation translation, muscle protein synthesis, and growth. As some leucine is metabolized in the body for different downstream metabolic roles, including the production of its powerful first and second order metabolites, Alpha-Ketoisocaproate (KIC) and Beta-Hydroxy-Beta-Methylbutyrate (HMB) [that both decrease nitrogen loss and proteolysis (protein degradation) in metabolically stressful situations], the inclusion of a relatively high amount of leucine per dose of Bulk Modern BCAA ensures that sufficient leucine is ultimately available for exerting its anabolic and anti-catabolic effects.

BCAAs, particularly leucine, stimulate anabolic signaling through a variety of molecular mechanisms that are both mTOR-dependent and mTOR-independent. Although mechanical strain and growth factors can also activate mTOR (mammalian target of rapamycin), leucine remains one of the most potent activators of mTOR. The mTOR signaling pathway has a wide variety of functions that include the regulation of cell proliferation, cell growth, hypertrophy, and muscle protein synthesis (MPS). By activating mTOR, BCAAs (especially leucine) trigger translation initiation and translational control. Translation initiation involves a chain of events that are required to ensure ribosomal complex assembly and the binding of target mRNA. So, besides being an important constituent of protein, BCAAs (especially leucine) act as a critical regulator of translation initiation of muscle protein synthesis. Beyond this, leucine is an important regulator of the insulin phosphoinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) signaling cascade and glycemic regulation (including glucose homeostasis), acts as an important nitrogen donor for the production of alanine and glutamine, and also acts as an important inhibitor of muscle protein degradation. Still on PI3K, leucine, the most anabolic amino acid around, is a powerful regulator of the insulin phosphoinositol 3-kinase (PI3-K) signal cascade. Growth factors such as insulin and IGF-1 can also induce PI3K activation independently of leucine. PI3K activation usually ignites several downstream signaling events involved in cell differentiation and growth, with the serine/threonine kinase Akt/PKB (protein kinase B), being a downstream effector of PI3K. Akt/PKB phosphorylates glycogen synthase kinase 3 (GSK3), ultimately inducing an increase in muscle protein synthesis via enhanced action of eukaryotic initiation factor 2B (eIF2B). This implies that BCAAs can penetrate cells and initiate translation, independent of insulin, thus further underlining the key significance of BCAAs, especially leucine, in anabolic-anticatabolic processes. This also justifies the leucine-bias of the Bulk ModernBCAA formula.

Furthermore, BCAAs can also be useful during an endurance exercise such as cardio or distance running. In particular, exercise itself leads to a considerable increase in BCAA oxidation, implying a need to replenish BCAA concentrations. Furthermore, BCAAs can help ameliorate the fall in muscle protein synthesis during endurance exercise. This drop in MPS is initiated by a fall in the ATP/ADP ratio, leading to activation of AMPK, and the suppression of mTOR signaling and mRNA translation. So, BCAAs not only support MPS, but also inhibit skeletal muscle protein degradation (catabolism).

BCAAs are indeed crucial substrates required for exercise. As is well-known, BCAA oxidation is not only triggered by exercise via activation of the branched-chain alpha-keto acid dehydrogenase (BCKDH) enzyme complex, but exercise itself amplifies the need for BCAAs. This is one of the justifications for BCAA consumption before and during exercise, besides exercise-induced-muscle-damage-repair (BCAAs have a beneficial effect on delayed-onset muscle soreness (DOMS) and muscle fatigue), anabolic and enhanced protein-synthetic considerations. In particular, endurance exercise triggers an inhibition of protein chain elongation in an intensity-dependent manner. This occurs via a calcium-induced activation of a specific calmodulin-dependent protein kinase, an event that can be countered by BCAA ingestion. Beyond these, BCAAs reduce the incidence of central fatigue syndrome during exercise. A key cause of this central fatigue is the over expression of tryptophan in the brain, leading to a high concentration of the neurotransmitter 5-hydroxytryptamine in some neurons. As both tryptophan and BCAAs are shuttled into the brain by the so-called large amino-acid transporter, the consumption of BCAAs pre- or during cardio acts to limit the uptake of tryptophan into the brain, leading to less brain fatigue. And so on. Hence, BCAAs can be useful during cardio or extended running activity, with leucine playing a central role.

Furthermore, exercise provokes a reduction in adenosine triphosphate (ATP), while increasing the cellular concentration of adenosine monophosphate (AMP), and depleting glycogen stores. The increase in AMP and decrease in glycogen concentrations correspond to a reduction in cellular energy status. This lower energy status induces the activation of AMPK, leading to the phosphorylation of upstream mediators of mTOR, ultimately leading to reduced mTOR signaling and its direct impact (negative) on muscle protein synthesis. The consumption of BCAAs, however, may act, via mechanisms upstream and downstream of mTOR, to boost muscle protein synthesis. Put differently, the consumption of BCAAs during exercise may work to counter the exercise-induced transient negative impact on protein synthesis caused by resistance exercise. So, in the context of the foregoing, it is not only important, but also very beneficial, to consume some leucine-enriched BCAA complex such as Bulk ModernBCAA intra-workout as well as post-workout, to take full advantage of the exercise-induced anabolic stimulus, by triggering anabolic signaling, cell growth and hypertrophy, multiple-mechanism protein synthesis, as well as eNOS (endothelial nitric oxide synthase, also known as NOS3) signaling pathways.

We have already established that intra- and post-exercise dosing of a leucine-enriched BCAA complex, such as Bulk Modern BCAA, are useful, both to counteract the exercise-induced transient inhibition in protein synthesis during exercise (itself due to the activation of AMPK caused by lowered cellular status reflected by decreased ATP/AMP ratio and glycogen depletion. AMPK activation leads to phosphorylation of the so-called tuberous sclerosis complex 2 (TSC2), an upstream negative mediator of the Ras homolog enriched in brain (Rheb) and mTOR), as well as to take advantage of Modern BCAA's positive effect on muscle protein synthesis and anabolic recovery, both via mTOR-dependent (for instance, positive upstream mTOR effectors such as Rheb, positive downstream mediators such as ribosomal proteins and kinases (p70S6k and rpS6), as well as appropriate eukaryotic initiation and elongation factors), and mTOR-independent pathways (for instance, eEF2 and eIF4G). These are molecular mechanisms that are fundamentally linked to leucine, and as such justify its significance in Bulk ModernBCAA's formulation.

Besides BCAAs, Bulk ModernBCAA also contains Sustamine, a cutting-edge, stable, clear-mixing, effective, and highly bioavailable dipeptide (a molecular bond of two amino acids) of pure L-Glutamine and pure L-Alanine, named L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine, a complex that overcomes the classic deficiencies of straight glutamine. Sustamine promotes hydration and recovery, stimulates the synthesis of glycogen and proteins, supports gastrointestinal and immune-system integrity, and boosts nutrient absorption, in addition to the other classic glutamine benefits such as nitrogen and carbon donation, acting as a substrate in the synthesis of niacin and glutathione, as well as a source of energy for the nervous system.

Altogether, Bulk Modern BCAA boasts superior, ultra-micronized, ingredients in a unique 8:1:1 BCAA ratio with an advanced, highly bioavailable and powerful glutamine-alanine dipeptide, that collectively induce superior results that include potent mTOR activation and anabolic signaling, enhanced protein synthesis and ribosomal biogenesis, inhibition of catabolic and proteolytic processes, improved nitrogen retention and glycogen synthesis, reduced fatigue, significantly enhanced recovery, enhancement of hydration and nutrient absorption, improvement in markers of gastrointestinal and immune-system integrity, as well as support of tissue-repair and tissue regeneration. On top of these incredible benefits, Bulk Modern BCAAs mixes very clearly and tastes incredibly refreshing and great. An unmatched value for money!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does it have the "Electrolyte blend" in it like the regular stuff?.
No. Still incredible value for 1kg of the unique 8:1:1 BCAA ratio. Plus Sustamine.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I recall reading that you'd be offering Bulk modern in Peach flavor...will that still be the case once the batch of Grape Bubblegum is sold out at NP?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I recall reading that you'd be offering Bulk modern in Peach flavor...will that still be the case once the batch of Grape Bubblegum is sold out at NP?
We are working on several options overall right now, and will announce a chosen decision, once things are mature enough. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The bulk powder was out of stock but I bought a jug of the white blue raspberry, not as good a deal but the stuff goes a long way with the high Luecine count per serving.. :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The bulk powder was out of stock but I bought a jug of the white blue raspberry, not as good a deal but the stuff goes a long way with the high Luecine count per serving.. :)
Leucine is the key, and that is why we skewed the ratio in its favor. Bulk Modern BCAA should be back in stock in the next couple of days. Thank you for your support!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Leucine is the key, and that is why we skewed the ratio in its favor. Bulk Modern BCAA should be back in stock in the next couple of days. Thank you for your support!

That's ok I like Blue Raspberry :) but yah would have grabbed the bulk if it was there.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's ok I like Blue Raspberry :) but yah would have grabbed the bulk if it was there.
Understand. The bulk version is also a great deal.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Esp at the $29 price tag ;) ...might you be privy if that will be the 'everyday' price...? If no, what will it run?
At present, there are no plans to alter the price. The supply may not be indefinite, though, so you may want to get some sooner than later.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Update: The new flavors will ship to NutraPlanet next Tuesday. Thank you!

Axillist

Axillist

Awards
Bulk Modern BCAA features a unique, ultra-micronized, clean-mixing, great-tasting, artificial-color and artificial-flavor-free
You had me sold with this line here! Too often the BCAA's come out tasting like some sort of fake fruit wax combination with remaining sand particles floating around. The price is the icing on the cake. No B.S. No fillers. Second to none. I love USP for it's no nonsense approach to supplementation.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You had me sold with this line here! Too often the BCAA's come out tasting like some sort of fake fruit wax combination with remaining sand particles floating around. The price is the icing on the cake. No B.S. No fillers. Second to none. I love USP for it's no nonsense approach to supplementation.
Wow! What a feedback. Made my week! Thank you very much for your support, and keep spreading the good word.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Forget not: Bulk ModernBCAA is a limited-time product, so once it is sold out, then that's it. So, if you have not used it yet, this is your chance. And if you have used it and liked it, there is no better time to stock-up than now.

Ths

Ths

Awards
About how many mg or grams of each BCAA are in the mix?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
About how many mg or grams of each BCAA are in the mix?
There are about 10gr of micronized BCAAs and advanced Glutamine (Sustamine) per serving of 12gr.

Ths

Ths

Awards
But how many mg of EACH Bcaa/glutamine? Just curious to know because some brands hardly put many Bcaa and add way more glutamine.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
But how many mg of EACH Bcaa/glutamine? Just curious to know because some brands hardly put many Bcaa and add way more glutamine.
As you can see from the ingredient listing, Sustamine contains the least amount of the ingredients. The precise amounts of the different formula components, however, have not yet been disclosed, as the blend is proprietary. What makes (Bulk) Modern BCAA stand out, nevertheles, apart from the quality of the ingredients used, is the relatively high leucine proportion of the BCAA, namely, the 8:1:1 ratio.

Ths

Ths

Awards
I just want to make sure I'm not getting a blend of 8 grams of glutamine and the rest a 8:1:1 ratio of Bcaa. Sorry if this sounds terse in any way, I'm excited about the bulk powder for a good price. I just want to make sure the product meets my needs. Thanks for the responses

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just want to make sure I'm not getting a blend of 8 grams of glutamine and the rest a 8:1:1 ratio of Bcaa. Sorry if this sounds terse in any way, I'm excited about the bulk powder for a good price. I just want to make sure the product meets my needs. Thanks for the responses
Just looking at the active ingredients in 10gr of product, you should be getting somewhat under 8gr of Leucine, just under 1gr each of Isoleucine and Valine, and below 1gr of Sustamine, so there should be no worries about getting a load of Sustamine and traces of BCAAs.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
so do we take 1 scoop or 2 scoops for the serving size?

JM1437

JM1437

Awards
Since its a proprietary blend they won't release the amount of each amino to the public. However, there is more than enough of each for optimal results. I know it sucks but thats just how it goes in this business sometimes.

JM1437

JM1437

Awards
2 scoops is a serving size but some like to take a scoop before training and then use the normal 2 scoops intra wo. Also, many put 3-4 scoops in a jug and sip on it all day. Its really your own personal preference honestly.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Swweet JM,
just wanted to clarify the dosing because of NO Labelling instructions lol...im using forumla x intra but gonna use mbcaa all other times during my LG's fast

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A serving size delivers 12gr of product. This is one scoop, if you use the same scoop-size found in the non-bulk version of ModernBCAA.

Ths

Ths

Awards
Just hope it's not 10g glutamine and rest Bcaa. I really wish they'd release the amounts

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just hope it's not 10g glutamine and rest Bcaa. I really wish they'd release the amounts
See my responses from Post #21 onwards. The Leucine content alone in the ratio of 8:1:1 makes it impossible to have such a Glutamine amount as you fear. You can be sure there are more than 90 per cent BCAAs in the mix. At USPowders, you can be assured that what we state on the label is also what is included in the product.

Ths

Ths

Awards
Not impossible. You could have 9g glutamine, 800mg:100mg:100mg BCAA. I fully believe you you about the amount of BCAA in the product. I'm just like seeing the label as confirmation after so many other companies cheating people. Please don't take any of this the wrong way, I trust yall's rep.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not impossible. You could have 9g glutamine, 800mg:100mg:100mg BCAA. I fully believe you you about the amount of BCAA in the product. I'm just like seeing the label as confirmation after so many other companies cheating people. Please don't take any of this the wrong way, I trust yall's rep.
Following labeling convention (ingredients with the most amounts listed first), and considering the 8:1:1 Leucine/other BCAA ratio, that much Sustamine (advanced glutamine form used in the formula) would be impossible in the recommended serving amount.

knightowl

Awards
Following labeling convention (ingredients with the most amounts listed first), and considering the 8:1:1 Leucine/other BCAA ratio, that much Sustamine (advanced glutamine form used in the formula) would be impossible in the recommended serving amount.
Agreed.

more likely its something along these lines

7.5 Leucine
0.9375 Valine
0.9375 Iso-leucine
0.75 Grams Sustamine

Point is Sustamine is less than valine and Iso-leucine

So is peach going to be restocked or thats it?

johnnymarbles

Awards
I love the stuff. I drink it while lifting.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed.

more likely its something along these lines

7.5 Leucine
0.9375 Valine
0.9375 Iso-leucine
0.75 Grams Sustamine

Point is Sustamine is less than valine and Iso-leucine

So is peach going to be restocked or thats it?
Peach will be restocked. In about six weeks. Thank you.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Any new flavors coming soon? Im nearing the end of my first tub of bulk modern... Grapple treated me quite well this summer. Great product and incredible value!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This definitely isn't the case as Ike explained above. The order of ingredients of the proprietary blend are heaviest first. Leucine is in there at a ratio of 8:1:1 to isoleucine and valine and Sustamine is last. Sustamine will be <1g per 12.22g serving.

Proprietary blends are to hide the exact formula to hinder people from copying it (look how many Jack3d clones there are!) but USP make it clear on the label what the ratio is so you know that you are getting a great product.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This definitely isn't the case as Ike explained above. The order of ingredients of the proprietary blend are heaviest first. Leucine is in there at a ratio of 8:1:1 to isoleucine and valine and Sustamine is last. Sustamine will be <1g per 12.22g serving.

Proprietary blends are to hide the exact formula to hinder people from copying it (look how many Jack3d clones there are!) but USP make it clear on the label what the ratio is so you know that you are getting a great product.
Thank you, Ben, for the comments.