Fucoxanthin? Anything to it? or BS

  1. Board Supporter
    Mr.50's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,219
    Rep Power
    1862

    Fucoxanthin? Anything to it? or BS


    Guys I have been reading about Fucoxanthin and I figured "Who better to ask then the USP Labs guys?" So I am wondering if you guys know anything about this compound and if it is something you have already looked into and discounted or if it actually might have soem promise?

    Or maybe you guys don't know what I am talking about and couldn't care less??


    Mr.50

  2. Guest
    Guest
    Guest's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.50 View Post
    Guys I have been reading about Fucoxanthin and I figured "Who better to ask then the USP Labs guys?" So I am wondering if you guys know anything about this compound and if it is something you have already looked into and discounted or if it actually might have soem promise?

    Or maybe you guys don't know what I am talking about and couldn't care less??


    Mr.50
    Actually I asked USPLabscience about it when you asked me via Pm but I forgot to respond, My apology.

    He said;

    The first piece of literature on this a few years back was exciting, but the cost, the fact that it required so much to consume before effects were seen and the fact that it was in an animal model were all question marks. Today, none of those have been resolved. It probably has a better role helping to avoid gaining fat than it does reducing fat mass.
  3. Board Supporter
    Mr.50's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,219
    Rep Power
    1862

    Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs View Post
    Actually I asked USPLabscience about it when you asked me via Pm but I forgot to respond, My apology.

    He said;

    The first piece of literature on this a few years back was exciting, but the cost, the fact that it required so much to consume before effects were seen and the fact that it was in an animal model were all question marks. Today, none of those have been resolved. It probably has a better role helping to avoid gaining fat than it does reducing fat mass.
    Ah thanks a lot bro. So it sounds like all I have to do is get really ripped with Recreate and then start eating a ton of seaweed and I will stay ripped forever :bb:

    Well I am sure it wont really work that was but thanks for the info. I will keep looking into it also and see if there is anything more to it. Thanks again.

    Mr.50
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Dagron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    201

    There's a clinical posted over at sea-thin.com claiming that their Fucoxanthin product shows antiobesity effect through UCP1 expression in white adipose tissues. If I'm not mistaken though, this study was conducted on mice just as USP alluded to so take it for what it's worth (not much).

    http://www.sea-thin.com/assets/docum...al%20Study.pdf
  5. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513130

    LEF is pimping this lately and selling an expensive formula of it. Been curious to see some user feedback on it because the mechanisms seem solid..but as we know what looks good on paper doesn't always pan out in the real world.
  6. Board Supporter
    Mr.50's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,219
    Rep Power
    1862

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    LEF is pimping this lately and selling an expensive formula of it. Been curious to see some user feedback on it because the mechanisms seem solid..but as we know what looks good on paper doesn't always pan out in the real world.

    I saw that too but I was a bit turned off by the price of their formula!

    Mr.50
  7. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513130

    I am almost always turned off by their prices on nearly everything.

    But then, that's what being a bulk powder junkie will do to you.
  8. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,867
    Rep Power
    768811

    What if it was fairly inexpensive as i've now found a cheap bulk?
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  9. Board Supporter
    Mr.50's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,219
    Rep Power
    1862

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    What if it was fairly inexpensive as i've now found a cheap bulk?

    I would be interested in giving it a shot if it was a pretty high quality (good concentration of actives) and I would probably pay a little more if there was a way to get it pre-capped even if it wasn't in fancy packaging.

    Mr.50
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Fucoxanthin? Anything to it? or BS
    By Mr.50 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 11:43 PM
  2. Fucoxanthin ??
    By bkprice in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 08:38 AM
  3. Fucoxanthin ETA?
    By rippedforce63 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 08:34 AM
  4. Fucoxanthin ups UCP1 in WAT
    By TheCrownedOne in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 02:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in