USP Lab tester log

dam225

Awards
Doug Miller's USP Labs test booster log

Tuesday February 19, 2008 - Back

Well its time to get back at my Journal. Its been about 4 months since my comps and I feel like I'm really getting back into the groove of things. I have been mixing it up a lot the past 3 months and I am happy with my progress. My right knee has been really bothering me since early december so I actually had an MRI done 2 weeks ago. Good news is that everything is good: cartilege, ligaments, etc. It turns out I just have some tracking issues and my ART therapy has really been helping the past couple of weeks. Dispite my knee problems I have still been hitting quads hard except I have been staying away from squats. My last leg workout in Blackburg this past Friday was my best in a while and all my squating movements were DEEP. Things are looking up.

My weight is probably around 210 in the afternoon. I will check it tomorrow for a baseline.

My current supps are Core ABC (megdosing = :D ), Core PWO, Core MRP, Whey, Procomplex, Multi, Vit C, B-complex, fish oil, Glucosamine and chondroitin, celedrin, zinc, calcium, Supercharge, creatine, AP, Pslin, and Supercissus. I'm extremely excited to start this log because I just got in the mail USP Labs' new natural test booster. I can't release any details at this time but I will be running this for the next 4-8 weeks. We are all very excited about this product.

I guess today was as good of a day as any to start my log....Back day!

I hit Deadlifts (highlight was 515x8), barbell rows, closegrip pulldowns, one arm smith rows, reverse mts pulldown machine, rear delt pec deck. I was crushed after this workout! Felt great

D :D

dam225

Awards
Wednesday February 20 - Arms

I had some trouble sleeping last night but when I finally fell asleep I was knocked out. Had a good arm workout today. My back is sooo tore up from yesterday so I had to focus more on form today than weight. Got a great pump today. Close grip smith press, seated supported dumbell curls, dumbell skullcrushers superset incline hammer curls, v-bar pushdowns superset ez-curl bar curls, reverse grip pulldown superset preacher curl machine, reverse curls superset top forearm curls, weight ab machine.

Weight 210.2.

Doug is back.

I have a cool surprise for my USPLabs peeps! Doug is really stands for it!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice i was wondering if you would start posting again soon, your a great inspiration. ill be following

dam225

Awards
ummm lets just say my first night on it ummm my soldier was at full attention all night to the point it hurt...I don't know if this was just a fluke or something but things are looking up...no pun intended LOL

ummm lets just say my first night on it ummm my soldier was at full attention all night to the point it hurt...I don't know if this was just a fluke or something but things are looking up...no pun intended LOL
Lay on your back and pitch a tent:icon_lol:

dam225

Awards
Thursday February 21, 2008 - Hams/Calves

Nothing really new to report except my back is still tore up so I had to take it a little easy on my hams. I slept like a log last night....I steamrolled Steph in the middle of the night and didn't even know it....I rolled right over top of her LOL I was so knocked out....Poor woman ha.....

Seated leg curls, one leg standing leg curls, smith machine split lunges, glute ham hypers on the seated calve machine superset outter thigh machine, seated calves, toe press calves superset standing calves, and straight leg ups for lower abs.

As for my diet, I'm around 400 p, 400-450 c, and 55-65 f.

Thursday February 21, 2008 - Hams/Calves

Nothing really new to report except my back is still tore up so I had to take it a little easy on my hams. I slept like a log last night....I steamrolled Steph in the middle of the night and didn't even know it....I rolled right over top of her LOL I was so knocked out....Poor woman ha.....

Seated leg curls, one leg standing leg curls, smith machine split lunges, glute ham hypers on the seated calve machine superset outter thigh machine, seated calves, toe press calves superset standing calves, and straight leg ups for lower abs.

As for my diet, I'm around 400 p, 400-450 c, and 55-65 f.

Yea Yea, The pretend roll over hopping to get some action. you are talking to the master Doug.

dam225

Awards
Yea Yea, The pretend roll over hopping to get some action. you are talking to the master Doug.
LMAO

My sleep has been ridiculous lately...i could barely wake up this morning....I'm going for a 12 hour marathon tonight.

LMAO

My sleep has been ridiculous lately...i could barely wake up this morning....I'm going for a 12 hour marathon tonight.
Great Sign Doug on the sleep! Are you taking a dose close to bed time?

dam225

Awards
No except tonight I will. I had been taking it in the moring and preworkout (around 6:30 PM). Today I did moring and will do prebed.

dam225

Awards
Friday February 22, 2008 - Shoulders/Traps

I'm still pretty beat down from a long week of training but had a very good shoulder workout today. I was tired going in and my dumbell military presses were okay but then I got this aggression and drive and had an amazing pump. I set some PRs on barbell shrugs (traps are a priority of mine). I have been sleeping like a log lately and could barely wake up this morning.

Dumbell military press, barbell shrugs, rear delt pec dec superset "around the world" lat raises, dumbell front raises (got up to 90's :D) superset lat raise machine superset MTS military press machine, hammer strength shrugs, and then some burn outs on rear delt fly machine and dumbell lateral raises, and then weighted rope crunches.

Weight 210.6

dam225

Awards
Saturday February 23, 2008 - Cardio

Nothing new to report. 45 mins incline treadmill. Had a nice sushi dinner and some TCBY

We then took our cat Southy "Hotshot" Miller grocery shopping with us around 10 pm on Saturday night....LOL exciting evening haha

D

dam225

Awards
Sunday February 24 - Quads/Hams

Steph and I started a new 14 day split today and trained at a new gym Xsport fitness. Awesome workout! I had a very deep drive today; it was kind of hard to explain. I was very fired up and the knee felt decent! When I was at failure...I just wanted to get two more reps. Leg extensions, ATG close stance hack squats, Leg press (squat press machine) superset barbell squats, laying leg curls, walking dumbell lunges, glute ham hypers, inner/outer thigh, and ab machine. An all around great day. Long workout :liftweight:

dam225

Awards
Holy cr@p my legs are already sore and it has been less than 24 hours!

Just to add...I have been also feeling pretty high on life this past week .....even during some stressful times....not sure if I can pin that on the test booster or not...I think chest day tonight will be a big test since I was at a little bit of a plateau.

Holy cr@p my legs are already sore and it has been less than 24 hours!

Just to add...I have been also feeling pretty high on life this past week .....even during some stressful times....not sure if I can pin that on the test booster or not...I think chest day tonight will be a big test since I was at a little bit of a plateau.
The superman cape may show itself this week..

dam225

Awards
Maybe I'll wear my superman undies to the gym but a cape is unlikely.

Mickfootie

Mickfootie

Awards
  • Established
Maybe I'll wear my superman undies to the gym but a cape is unlikely.
These work and give you that extra boost.... Especially tight ones. :D

Good to see you back.

dam225

Awards
Monday February 25, 2008 - Chest/Lat width/Shoulders

Even though my left shoulder was a little tight, I had another great workout. Strength on my dumbell presses is approaching what it was when I was 13 pounds heavier at the peak of last offseason. I hit 130s for 10 and then 140s for 5 easy reps today (no spot or bump) which is the best I have done since last offseason (my chest is my weakest bodypart). I was happy with that. I started with flat dumbell presses, hammer strength wide lat pulldown, smith machine slow upright rows, leverage incline plate loaded press, wide lat pulldowns, smith machine military, and low to high cable flys. I then hit some weighted serratus rope crunches. Again I had a little flame lit under me which helped me plow through this tough workout. I had a pretty ridiculous pump. I worked out at a new gym again today....I try not to make any eye contact with anyone so they just leave me alone...everyone wants to socialize ugh!

Weight 210.8

Monday February 25, 2008 - Chest/Lat width/Shoulders

Even though my left shoulder was a little tight, I had another great workout. Strength on my dumbell presses is approaching what it was when I was 13 pounds heavier at the peak of last offseason. I hit 130s for 10 and then 140s for 5 easy reps today (no spot or bump) which is the best I have done since last offseason (my chest is my weakest bodypart). I was happy with that. I started with flat dumbell presses, hammer strength wide lat pulldown, smith machine slow upright rows, leverage incline plate loaded press, wide lat pulldowns, smith machine military, and low to high cable flys. I then hit some weighted serratus rope crunches. Again I had a little flame lit under me which helped me plow through this tough workout. I had a pretty ridiculous pump. I worked out at a new gym again today....I try not to make any eye contact with anyone so they just leave me alone...everyone wants to socialize ugh!

Weight 210.8

If you had your cape on, you could use your super power of anti social mind stare.

dam225

Awards
Tuesday February 26, 2007 - Arms/Calves

Awww Yeah. Now we are cookin! I'm not sure what it is but I have been fired up lately. Tonight it might have been the fact that I spent 30 minutes on the phone with our internet provider's customer service rep trying to fix our internet at home! We have been down for 2 days! We have had problems with them in the past and finally I just lost it and canceled our service lol. oops. Hope to be back online at home soon. By the time I got to the gym I was ready to tare something up.

I did v-bar pushdowns (PR), Barbell curl (PR 165x15 and 185x8), Dumbell skullcrushers (PR 85sx12, 100sx5 drop 65sx10), Dumbbell hammer curls (PR for doing this as my second bicep exercise 3 sets of 6 reps each arm with 110s), overhead cable extensions, high preacher curl machine superset reverse ez-curls, smith machine standing calves, free motion toe press calves, standing cable ab machine.

Other notes: After the end of my workout, I could not even bend my arm. I have NEVER had a pump like that. It was a great feeling. Weight is Approximately 211. I feel really tight too so I'm thinking the lean mass is increasing. My legs are still tore up from Sunday. Started a new preworkout drink instead of Supercharge.

D

Tuesday February 26, 2007 - Arms/Calves

Awww Yeah. Now we are cookin! I'm not sure what it is but I have been fired up lately. Tonight it might have been the fact that I spent 30 minutes on the phone with our internet provider's customer service rep trying to fix our internet at home! We have been down for 2 days! We have had problems with them in the past and finally I just lost it and canceled our service lol. oops. Hope to be back online at home soon. By the time I got to the gym I was ready to tare something up.

I did v-bar pushdowns (PR), Barbell curl (PR 165x15 and 185x80), Dumbell skullcrushers (PR 85sx12, 100sx5 drop 65sx10), Dumbbell hammer curls (PR for doing this as my second bicep exercise 3 sets of 6 reps each arm with 110s), overhead cable extensions, high preacher curl machine superset reverse ez-curls, smith machine standing calves, free motion toe press calves, standing cable ab machine.

Other notes: After the end of my workout, I could not even bend my arm. I have NEVER had a pump like that. It was a great feeling. Weight is Approximately 211. I feel really tight too so I'm thinking the lean mass is increasing. My legs are still tore up from Sunday. Started a new preworkout drink instead of Supercharge.

D

Hitting PRs so early and never had a pump like this..hmmm coming from a man with thousands of workouts under his belt..pretty damn amazing or should I day dam amazing...hahahha

dam225

Awards
Hitting PRs so early and never had a pump like this..hmmm coming from a man with thousands of workouts under his belt..pretty damn amazing or should I day dam amazing...hahahha

So far so good. I will know if this is the real deal next week.

I slept like a log last night!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You seem to be doing real good right now and nice pr's everything sounds great

So far so good. I will know if this is the real deal next week.

I slept like a log last night!
Well Pr's and this quote "I have NEVER had a pump like that" is convincing but next week will be crazy and the ride will just get wilder:lol:

dam225

Awards
Wednesday February 27, 2008 - Cardio

45 minutes incline treadmill. Packing tonight for the Arnold.

Thursday February 28, 2008 - Back Thickness/Traps

We trained at Metro Fitness in Columbus today. Good back workout. T-bar rows, low hammer rows, seated cable rows superset bent lat raises, barbell bent rows, dumbell shrugs, one arm dumbell rows, hyperextensions, rope ab crunches.

Notes: I have been feeling pretty tight and full lately. Good sign. My sleep has also been extremely deep!

dam225

Awards
Friday February 29, 2008 - Chest/Shoulders/Calves

Trained in Columbus again today at a different gym so its a little hard to gauge how things went but I did get a good pump. We trained after only one meal and first thing in the morning and my stength was relatively good for this early in the day. Incline barbell press, incline hammer press, flat press machine superset pec deck, shoulder press machine, lat raise around the world machine, barbell front raises superset lat raise machine, angled toe press calves, seated calves, ab machine.

Saturday March 1, 2008 - Off day

My back, legs, and knees are really tired from walking around all day. Going to bed early tonight so we can hit legs in the moring. Flying home to DC at 9 pm tomorrow.

dam225

Awards
Sunday March 2, 2008 - Quads and Hams

Still in Columbus and picked up a head cold ugh! Freakin Tommy Jeffers sneezing and then shaking my hand LOL. Steph and I still and a good old quad and ham smokin' this morning. Leg extension, leg press superset hack squat, front squat machine, seated leg curls superset laying leg curls, inner thigh, outer thigh, one leg smith lunges, v-situps. More detailed checkins this week.

D

dam225

Awards
Monday March 3, 2008 - Chest/Back/Traps

I am extremely congested still but managed to have a great workout. My strength was very good although I had a hard time catching my breath throughout the workout. The best part of the workout was when Steph was doing a drop set on hammer strength pulldowns and she was really in a zone. These girls walked by and were just staring at her as she grunted under her breath "whats wrong? never see anyone workout before?" It was hilarious...with each rep she grunted one of the words LOL That's my girl!

Flat barbell bench, t-bar standing machine, incline leverage press, high hammer strength row, seated free motion flys superset free motion wide pulldowns, dumbbell shrugs, weighted ab roller machine.

Weight 212

dam225

Awards
Tuesday March 4, 2008 - Arms and Calves

I was fired up again today because of our stupid internet provider. We switched to Comcast and they have now found a way to mess things up. We got internet servide now but they wired it wrong so we have a cable running across our office floor LOL and now our digital cable is out sheesh! Anyways, I had a nice intensity in the gym tonight and my cold seems to be getting better. I have been getting ridiculous pumps in my arms lately...I think finally I am beginning to see some nice muscle maturity/density that comes from years and years in the gym...its kind of hard to explain. Also, I have definitely noticed an increase in aggression in the gym lately.

Straight bar pushdowns, overhead dumbbell extensions, rope pushdowns, incline hammer curls, preacher machine curls, standing supinate curls, dumbbell wrist curls, seated calves, free motion toe press, side serratus cable abs.

Cals around 3600-3700. Protein around 375, carbs around 425.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hope the cold is ending soon for ya man. Keep up the insane work, the workouts always sound intense.

Sporto

Sporto

Awards
  • Established
Sunday March 2, 2008 - Quads and Hams

Still in Columbus and picked up a head cold ugh! Freakin Tommy Jeffers sneezing and then shaking my hand LOL. Steph and I still and a good old quad and ham smokin' this morning. Leg extension, leg press superset hack squat, front squat machine, seated leg curls superset laying leg curls, inner thigh, outer thigh, one leg smith lunges, v-situps. More detailed checkins this week.

D
My bad dude...I seriously got everyone sick and now I definitely feel like 'teh jackass'

Think of the abs you'll have after my coughing fits :)

dam225

Awards
My bad dude...I seriously got everyone sick and now I definitely feel like 'teh jackass'

Think of the abs you'll have after my coughing fits :)
Its all good buddy. I don't think I got it as bad as you but the flight home SUCKED!

dam225

Awards
Wednesday March 5, 2008 - Shoulders/Traps

Good workout today. About 85% over this cold. Dumbbell military (worked up to the 120's...they weren't light LOL), barbell shrugs (worked up to 585...never did that before), dumbbell front raises superset rear delt raises on incline bench (worked up to 95sx6 each arm on front raises...these felt a little uncomfortable but I never did that before), seated support dumbbell lat raises, hammer strength military press, rear delt pec deck, standing weighted ab machine.

Cals only around 3500 today.

dam225

Awards
Thursday March 6, 2008 - Cardio

45 minutes low intensity cardio.

My sleep has been EXTREMELY deep recently. I think this is definitely related to the test booster.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

My sleep has been EXTREMELY deep recently. I think this is definitely related to the test booster.
I have definitely noticed this too...my sleep is great on the test booster

Probably due to Steph trying to suffocate you at night:lol:

dam225

Awards
Friday March 7, 2008 - Legs (Hams) and calves

Awesome workout tonight. I hit PRs on my stiff leg deadlifts which I have not done in a while and I felt like I even had a little more in me (I hit 315x22, then 405x12, and 425x8 drop to 315x8...on all these I had some more in me but wanted to be carefull). We then did laying leg curls, very wide stance smith squats, glute hame hypers, seated leg curl, inner and outer thigh, toe press calves, seated calves, and straight leg ups. Great workout!

My work gets super busy for 8 weeks starting tomorrow (Saturday morning!). So it will be interesting to see how the next two months go. You know I never find excuses to miss the gym so most likely I will work, workout, and go back to work :( Hopefully I will get a chance to train with Steph a lot over this time period too since our schedules will be tight.

D

Friday March 7, 2008 - Legs (Hams) and calves

Awesome workout tonight. I hit PRs on my stiff leg deadlifts which I have not done in a while and I felt like I even had a little more in me (I hit 315x22, then 405x12, and 425x8 drop to 315x8...on all these I had some more in me but wanted to be carefull). We then did laying leg curls, very wide stance smith squats, glute hame hypers, seated leg curl, inner and outer thigh, toe press calves, seated calves, and straight leg ups. Great workout!

My work gets super busy for 8 weeks starting tomorrow (Saturday morning!). So it will be interesting to see how the next two months go. You know I never find excuses to miss the gym so most likely I will work, workout, and go back to work :( Hopefully I will get a chance to train with Steph a lot over this time period too since our schedules will be tight.

D

Weight?

dam225

Awards
Sunday March 8, 2008 - Chest and Tris

Hams are pretty sore from yesterday. I still continue to have great workouts. We started with incline dumbbell press which I have not done for about 6 months because the movement used to bother my shoulder. I had a a great lift for the first day back to this exercise and I was only a rep or two off my PR that I hit when I was about 12 pounds heavier. After incline dumbbells, we did flat leverage press, incline smith with a hold at the bottom, flat fly machine, v-pushdowns, out in front tricep press machine, close grip smith press, and plate loaded ab machine.

I can't say enough about the sleep I have been getting. I don't think I have ever slept this well, even when I was taking Powerfull and GABA.

D

Sunday March 8, 2008 - Chest and Tris

Hams are pretty sore from yesterday. I still continue to have great workouts. We started with incline dumbbell press which I have not done for about 6 months because the movement used to bother my shoulder. I had a a great lift for the first day back to this exercise and I was only a rep or two off my PR that I hit when I was about 12 pounds heavier. After incline dumbbells, we did flat leverage press, incline smith with a hold at the bottom, flat fly machine, v-pushdowns, out in front tricep press machine, close grip smith press, and plate loaded ab machine.

I can't say enough about the sleep I have been getting. I don't think I have ever slept this well, even when I was taking Powerfull and GABA.

D

The last dose is before a meal and not before bed, correct?

dam225

Awards
The last dose is before a meal and not before bed, correct?
For the record I'm not complaining about the sleep. Its not lethargy its just deep sleep.

Last does is before bed with 2 tbsp PB, 3/4 cup egg whites, and 3/4 scoop protein (and 5 fish oil).

dam225

Awards
Sunday March 9, 2008 - Back and Bis

Great day today. Steph and I hit back and bis. I worked up to 6 plates on the chest support t-bar which was a PR. We then did one are hammer row machine and I maxed it out with 5 plates on each side which kind of sucked because I had to do such high reps since we couldn't fit any more weight on the machine :) Love it when that happens lol. We then did a new lat pulldown machine and then seated cable row (stack plus 2x45s) superset with smith shrugs. We then did hammer strength preacher curl, seated dumbbell hammer curls, seated curl machine, rope hammer curls superset with cable wrist curls. We finished with weighted rope abs. Another very good day. My chest is tore up from yesterday.

Monday March 10, 2008 - Cardio

dam225

Awards
Tuesday March 11, 2008 - Quads and Hams

Work is getting crazy again so I didn't get to the gym until late. Popped 4 of the new test booster (since I forgot a dose at work) and header to the gym close to 8 pm. I really hope my knee continues to heal because it has been feeling good and I had a great workout! Finally able to get back to my ATG close stance smith squats. Started with leg extension and worked up to the stack plus 2x45s and a 25. Then did the close stance ATG smith squats. These are HARD if you have never done them and will be sure to leave you sore! I then did hack squat superset with leg press, walking barbell lunges (worked up to 235), seated leg curls (stack plus a 35), inner and outer thigh, and straight leg ups. I love the looks I get when I stack 45s on the inner and outer thigh machines LOL.

Diet was around 375 pro, 400+ carbs, and 70 fat.

D

Tuesday March 11, 2008 - Quads and Hams

Work is getting crazy again so I didn't get to the gym until late. Popped 4 of the new test booster (since I forgot a dose at work) and header to the gym close to 8 pm.
D

ooooo, slacker:stick: