WOW....I really hate beef today!

jazzman21

Awards
  • Established
I'm not surprised. Slaughter houses have been mistreating animals for years and feeding them meat/slop (what pigs eat) instead of grass and other veggies (what they are naturally supposed to eat). Animals like cows are herbivores, not carnivores!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, I read that whole thing, its pretty nasty

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
The thing I hate is that if you want to get good food that's fed naturally like grass fed beef or free roaming chickens you have to pay 2-3 times the price and meat is already outrageously expensive.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The thing I hate is that if you want to get good food that's fed naturally like grass fed beef or free roaming chickens you have to pay 2-3 times the price and meat is already outrageously expensive.
yea it really sux...i was talking with my dad about it this weekend and he talked about how one of my great uncles used to have his own farm and how great his grass fed beef tasted...

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:rolleyes: my ladyfriend is a HUGE animal person. We had a huge discussion about this the other day.

EESCHMan

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I hate this stuff (the video...I'd like to beat the you know what out of those dudes)...I'm an animal person, but can't totally give up meat.
I do buy farm raised, grassfed beef & bison, and yes it's fairly expensive, but at least you have some peace of mind, and it's healthier.
I also buy free range chicken and eggs.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to take that cattle prod and stick it right up his a$$. Eye for an eye. Whoever video taped that should get fat reward for doing the right thing.

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I hate this stuff (the video...I'd like to beat the you know what out of those dudes)...I'm an animal person, but can't totally give up meat.
I do buy farm raised, grassfed beef & bison, and yes it's fairly expensive, but at least you have some peace of mind, and it's healthier.
I also buy free range chicken and eggs.
I'll be looking into it once I'm done school and have a job. I don't know if I could ever do it for a whole family unless I made 100K+ per year but I'll see. Last organic turkey I saw was $100 :blink:

bluepit2

Awards
That is absolutely sickening! I try to buy organic/all natural whenever I can, but thats only about 50% of the time. Makes ya really think about what you are eating. Its a shame its so expensive just to eat meat grown the way God intended for it to be grown in the first place.

EESCHMan

Awards
  • Established
I'll be looking into it once I'm done school and have a job. I don't know if I could ever do it for a whole family unless I made 100K+ per year but I'll see. Last organic turkey I saw was $100 :blink:
Usually I'll get a shipment of about 16+ lbs of meat (ground beef/bison, and flank steak) which isn't too bad (I have a "real" job and a wife, so it's not that bad).

$100 for turkey?! ( I assume it's a big bird )
You can get a whole 5lb free range chicken for $25.