1. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Everything is still looking like its moving along smoothly. Keep up the good work.
    Hey Bolt! Yep, cruising right along.. looks like you didn't have too smooth a ride yesterday w/ your car problems and all. That sux dude. At least you're making good jack like you said, that always helps!

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

11 week out mark today. Not a lot of leaning out progress this week, and my hi-carb day yesterday left me feeling a little watery this morning. I see some minor incremental improvements tho, and strength continues to be up. Weight holding at 189.2 upon waking..
    A bit more of a concern for me is my lingering shoulder pain. This has been going on for about 4 weeks now, and I have restricted range of movement on the left side. I've dealt with minor aches & pains before, but this is something different. I keep waiting for Cissus to wipe it out! Ah, I'm so spoiled..
    Didn't let this minor issue affect my shoulder training this morning tho. Last day of ZAP - it was on! Military press, DB front raises, bent-over cable lateral (here was where my shoulder was at its tenderest), bb shrug, and 1-arm DB shrugs (stole this idea from Doug Miller - WOW, good stuff!)
    Format was reverse-pyramid for last time. Am switching things up; I've got the itch to superset and might just bust this scheme out. My first thought was it's still a bit early for this, but upon talking with others the feedback is pretty positive for this approach. I'll sleep on it..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.37%

You are a FREAK SHOW bro! In an awesome way! HUGE!!! I've got work to do in the off-season!
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Thanks bro! Oh I have no doubt you're gonna get freaky large come off-season. The way you're hitting it, you're not even close to peaking that physique!
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

BTW Semp - you just inspired me to hit a 2nd w/o today, did some ab work & 30 minutes cardio. Time to get this thing DIALED IN!
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Wife wanted to play some tennis, so she ran me around the court for an hour this evening, just got back awhile ago. So that's a tri-split routine of sorts for today! YEAH! Other than my afternoon dose of Recreate, I'm still running on ZAP from this morning.. man, I'm gonna miss that stuff. Got a few partial bottles of stims I need to run out first, but that will be the next one I order for sure. Wasn't planning on an off day tomorrow, but I think I'll make it a total recovery day now..
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.37%

Hey man!!! Stepped out of my comfort zone this evening as you also inspired me to bang out some low intensity elliptical cardio! I still have Y-RD and would like to get a hold of ZAP at some point. Perhaps off-season time! Let's do what we KNOW we can do and grab some hardware in the weeks to come!
  8. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

For sure bro!
    LOL - an inspiration-fest going on 'round here!
  9. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Damn.. woke up yesterday having difficulty raising my left arm above my head, think I aggravated it by sleeping on it wrong. It got better thruout the day, and tho still a bit tender this morning upon waking it wasn't any worse than it had been thru last week. I'll bulldog thru it..
    So I hit a big breakfast again this morning, this time stacking P-Slin+AP for my 615 cal (105g carb) breakfast. It's the first time I've stacked these two together - figured I needed the extra boost for my first post-ZAP training session. Also used P-Slin for post w/o shake (425 cals, 70g carbs).
    Training was incline bb, flat db, incline flyes (combination reg. pyramid/straight set scheme), 1-arm cable crossover supersetted with dips, then some explosion incline pushups. Shoulder was an impedance but I got my work in. Ended with 12 minutes HIIT, 12 minutes steady-state cardio.
    Diet structure for the remaining 4 meals will be between 300-350 cals, dividing my remaining 80g carbs thruout, and I'll finish around 2300 total cals for the day.
  10. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Thumbs up Product Review

Core ZAP Summation

Okay I've had 3 workouts without ZAP now, and the results are confirmed as I thought they would be..
    I've used Y-RD, Leanfire, and Speed respectively in these 3 training sessions, and none has come close to providing the mental focus, physical endurance, or thermogenisis (read: sweat!) that I experienced on ZAP. Speed this morning was the closest; however, just like I previously experienced on this product, I had shaky, jittery energy with mind-racing during training, no focus whatsoever, just kamikaze energy.

ZAP Effects:
    As noted thruout log, thermogenesis was profuse. There was not a single workout where I was not drenched with sweat. Combined with a clean diet (precontest prep), I tightened up immensely. A 10 on a 1-10 scale.

Energy was enhanced thruout usage. This was clean, focused energy that just made me feel good, not jittery or out of control. A 10 on a 1-10 scale.

As well, muscular endurance on this product was something special; I set a couple endurance PR's during my usage, and fatigue never came into play during any training session. A 10 on a 1-10 scale.

Tied into endurance was the intensity and focus level of my workouts. I felt I could reach any goal I set for myself, and just destroyed the weights each session. Even cardio sessions took on new levels - which is saying a lot because I am very much not a cardio fan. I can only compare this effect to Prime; while Prime was a bit more extreme, this is the only other product I've used that has given me these type of results, over a consistent period of time. I got great singular workouts from different things in the past (NOExplode for example), but these effects were not repeatedly observed following prolonged usage. ZAP was strong thruout the entire run. A 9 on a 1-10 scale - only because I reserve the 10 for Prime.

I also noticed enhanced libido during my run. If I thought this might just be coincidence, I am now convinced it was not: the effects I noticed while I was running the product have not been there the last 2 nights.

If it's not apparent, I am thoroughly pleased with ZAP. I'll throw in a plug for the entire Core line, as I have tried everything now and have been extremely pleased. The quality is outstanding.

Altho I did not purchase any more ZAP as of yet (due to my having some other stims on hand that need to be used), I will say emphatically that this will be my next purchase when I go shopping for a w/o stimulant again. Good stuff.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.37%

Great review! I plan on giving ZAP a run during the off-season!
  12. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Last Thursday went to see my chiropractor, he diagnosed me with bursitis in the shoulder. Knew something wasn't right. I guess it's mild, and may be able to be treated quickly, but I can't do any upper body work for 2-4 weeks, then I'm re-evaluated. Took a few days off, figured out a way to keep my training going (lot's of lower body & cardio) and hopefully I'll be able to maintain my mass thru this. Not counting myself out of competition at this point. Have to see how quick I heal.
    Hit a hard leg workout yesterday morning, did some things I hadn't done in awhile. DB split-squats, DB stiff-leg deads, leg extension, leg curl, 15 minutes mountain biking.
  13. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.81%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Dang hope the shoulder heals up...i've been bothered with shoulder issues in the past and when they kept me outta the gym it sucked...hope ya heal up and continue the great progress!
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.54%

Just catching on Steve, that blows about the shoulder.

Hang in there bro, and heal up. With your current size, I would not be worried about the missing your up coming show. Just get your rip on!
  15. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Thanks Bolt. And Joe, that's exactly what I'm focusing on right now. My guy advised to get in a caloric surplus (aid the body's natural healing), which I did for 4 days, but backed it down again to focus on the shred.
  16. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Interesting week of training. Had 2 leg days, 2 cardio days, and played tennis 4 days thru the week. Tennis is probably the root of my bursitis I figure; I serve lefthanded and volley mostly righthanded, and part of the drills I work on with my wife are serving to her so she can practice returning a hard serve. I hit triple digits (mph) on my serve regularly & accurately, so I'd fire serves at her for 10-15 minutes in our drills, couple times a week. I'm thinking this repetitiveness is the cause of my issues. Anyway, I just avoided serving in our games this week; tennis is some great cardio, and I get a sun tan too.
    I managed to hit some arm work yesterday, lighter weight, slow & controlled on the bi's & tri's so as not to bring the shoulder into play. Was pretty successfull workout. EZ bar curls, skullcrushers, preacher EZ bar, V-bar tri pressdown, cable hammers, reverse pulley tri press, calves. Tennis for over an hour later in the day.
    9 weeks out from comp day today.
    I'm missing my chest & shoulder work hugely..
  17. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Had to bust out some light chest work yesterday.. dunno if this was such a good idea. Shoulder felt decent to begin with; did some flat DB presses, working up to 100's. Moved to incline BB and kept it very light, 135 x reps. Finished with DB flyes and explosion incline push-ups, followed with ab work. Tennis later in the day again. Toward the end of the day the shoulder was aching a bit. Rest is a hard thing for me to grasp, but I'm gonna have to do it. I guess if you don't nip bursitis in the bud early it can linger forever. I see my chiropractor again this Thursday, see where I'm at.
    One thing I'm doing differently these days in an effort to aid healing is taking Cissus (2 caps) with every meal. Used to take my doses 3x daily on an empty stomach, but got some advice that dosing works better with food. Cissus, work your magic!!
  18. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Damn, age must be catching up with me, ahaa..
    Saw my chiro yesterday, and an MRI showed I have a small tear in my labrum. He must've missed this last time, because it's in the early stages of healing. Bursitis is still present too.
    So now I'm out for 4-6 weeks. This pretty much kills my shot at the Natty Indiana. Turning my focus now to the Natural Northern in October, which I'm not too enthused about, but it does give me a chance to avenge my showing there from April.
    Aside from being bummed about that, I'm also bummed cuz I went out & bought some kettleballs (first I've owned) and was going to start implementing KB clean presses (which I discovered this movement doesn't stress my shoulder), as well I did some BB floor presses, noting that the limited ROM doesn't stress my shoulder either. All of this was in preparation to move to a modified version of the "300 Spartan Workout" for awhile, but now I can't do that either. Need total rest for upper body. Muscle tears scare me..

EDIT: not trying to bring negative energy to the forum, just wanted to let folks know what's going on. I'll be living vicariously thru others on this site (that means you Semper!). I'll be back when things are rocking again..
  19. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.81%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Ahh sorry man i tore labrum playing football so i know what your going through...my doctor missed mine as well and i played a whole season with it!

Hope you heal up quick man
    PES Representative
  20. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Ahh sorry man i tore labrum playing football so i know what your going through...my doctor missed mine as well and i played a whole season with it!

Hope you heal up quick man
    danngg, not cool.
    Thanks for the wishes Bolt.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.54%

Sorry to hear Steve! That stinks. Keep you head up man, and hang in there.
  22. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Thanks Joe, I'm hanging..
    That vicarious living extends to you too - your workouts have been looking great!
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.12%

Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    Saw my chiro yesterday, and an MRI showed I have a small tear in my labrum. He must've missed this last time, because it's in the early stages of healing. Bursitis is still present too.
    So now I'm out for 4-6 weeks. This pretty much kills my shot at the Natty Indiana. Turning my focus now to the Natural Northern in October, which I'm not too enthused about, but it does give me a chance to avenge my showing there from April.
    Aside from being bummed about that, I'm also bummed cuz I went out & bought some kettleballs (first I've owned) and was going to start implementing KB clean presses (which I discovered this movement doesn't stress my shoulder), as well I did some BB floor presses, noting that the limited ROM doesn't stress my shoulder either. All of this was in preparation to move to a modified version of the "300 Spartan Workout" for awhile, but now I can't do that either. Need total rest for upper body. Muscle tears scare me..

EDIT: not trying to bring negative energy to the forum, just wanted to let folks know what's going on. I'll be living vicariously thru others on this site (that means you Semper!). I'll be back when things are rocking again..
    Lol thats just an update bud, not negative.

However IMO when god throws ya a nagging, annoying, down right irritating upper body injury, you know what you do? Grow some insane wheels in the mean time!

Also do you plan on using any supplements to aid in healing?
  24. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    Lol thats just an update bud, not negative.

However IMO when god throws ya a nagging, annoying, down right irritating upper body injury, you know what you do? Grow some insane wheels in the mean time!

Also do you plan on using any supplements to aid in healing?
    There you go, my philosophy too. When life tosses ya lemons, just make some tasty lemonade! (sugar-free, of course).
    I still hold out the slimmest of hope (emotionally) of making this Indiana show. Diet's still on par, and my upper body isn't shrinking as I had feared - actually surprised how much I'm retaining. But (intellectually), I know that the timeframe is just all wrong. Even if I could hold my mass all the way thru, I still can't practice posing for a couple weeks yet. The Cleveland show was in my plans at the beginning of the year, but the Natty Indiana is THE one I wanted. All I can do is do what I can..
    And then I go out this morning and tweak my calf playing tennis. Man, I've never had these nagging injuries before, stupid stuff. The calf is no biggie, should be cool by tomorrow, but still..
    Cissus is my prime recovery agent. Ibuprofen for the pain. I'm on a kick right now too where I drop 1.4g BCAA's every hour thru the day, trying for that natural "steroid" effect. Seems to be keeping me anabolic as hell.
  25. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Good wheel day this morning. Busted out a new hammy movement (Joe Franco log) to finish things off, good intensity. Calf was still tight but didn't prohibit me from working them.
    Leg extension ss w/ BB squats, DB Romanian deads, leg curls, plate drags (this was the new hammy move), donkey calf raises, standing calf raise (toes angled). Rest was kept to a minimum, still took me 42 minutes to complete. Good stuff..
  26. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Ran some sprints this morning, 8x60 's. Mountain biking after that. Legs were pretty fried afterwards - Was still tight from Sunday's leg workout. Update pic.
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.08%

Good luck man. You will be better in no time. Just don't do anything stupid to aggravate it. Us bodybuilders have been known to do that LOL.
  28. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Thanks Doug. Yeah - knowing how to take time off has never been one of my strong suits, haha..

Did some light DB walking lunges this morning, heavy calves. 30 minutes steady state cardio. My calves are splitting down the middle profusely in the back, this is pretty cool. Really feel my hams are dialing in well too.
  29. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Update pic just for the helluva it.
    What should be 7 weeks out today is now 11 (Natural Northern in October)..
    Had a hard time flexing my upper half w/o pain (which I'm s'pose to avoid) so I look kinda timid there, haha..

But the reason I post the pic is to show the leg def., real happy with progress here.
  30. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.37%

Damn man! Get yourself 100% NOW! Pic looks phenomenal! You are definately a big dude!
  31. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Haha! Thanks bro! Not really tho (feeling kinda puny right now actually) but my lower half is feeling good at least.
    I've bumped the calories a tad recently, @3000-3200 daily for a few days since I'm doing more lower body work, whittling it back down starting today again.
  32. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.81%

Looking great man! Legs got some deep cuts goin on
    PES Representative
  33. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Thanks Bolt!

BTW - didn't weigh myself this morning, but yesterday morn I was at 188.3 upon rising..
  34. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Friday I was able to do some very light shoulder work, felt pretty darn good.. and then I went out & played tennis with the wife.. and tore my right calf muscle. At first I thought I nailed myself with the racket on the follow-thru or something, that's what it felt like. Ridiculous sh!t. So me & the wife's anniversary weekend celebration took a huge hit, as I was couch-bound for the duration. (We had the kids shipped off to the grandparents, all kinds of plans.. so much for that. We improvised & had all kinds of sex all w/e, so at least there was a silver lining! )
    Anyway, just got into my chiro today, he said I've got a Grade 2 tear, 4-6 weeks recovery as best case scenario. Unfreakinbelievable. I'm becoming quite brittle it seems..
    Whoulda thought tennis would be so rough? Other than the occasional sore back from overexertion I've never had any injuries from it. Depressing too - cuz I've been playing the best tennis of my life this summer.
    All competition plans on hold for now; rest assured tho, I'll be back.
  35. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.37%

All competition plans on hold for now; rest assured tho, I'll be back.
    You still can control your focus bro! The injury is depressing, yes, but...it's only temporary! I began the year with a pretty bad suprasenatis tendon strain in my shoulder... Talk about depressing! You will soon be back to 110% and WILL dominate and destroy the competition!
  36. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Appreciate the support Semp. Ahhh, focus.. yes, we can still control that can't we? Didn't know you had to battle thru that injury; nice way to overcome man! Well, the shoulder is showing marked progress, really feeling pretty good. Calf is in healing stage too - I can even walk semi-normal now! Definitely gonna go slow & gradual thru the recovery process, but I'm feeling pretty positive about things this week..
  37. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.81%

Dang sorry about this man. Good luck healing up and getting everything rolling strong again
    PES Representative
  38. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Dang sorry about this man. Good luck healing up and getting everything rolling strong again
    Thanks Bolt. Haven't seen ya around the board lately (maybe I'm just missing ya), how's your training been?
  39. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.81%

Thanks Bolt. Haven't seen ya around the board lately (maybe I'm just missing ya), how's your training been?
    Everything is going great. Training is going great and i am up to nearly 180lbs now.

I am really enjoying my training at home with my lifting partners but soon its time to head back to school...
    PES Representative
  40. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Good progress man. No surprise to me whatsoever.
    Can't believe summer's almost over. My kids go back to school the 14th - that just seems insane.
    Enjoy the rest of your break bro!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Is there a supp to STOP T-bone's thread bumping?
    By p5sky in forum Supplements
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 04:14 PM
  2. The Ultimate Nootropics/Cognitive Supp Thread
    By TRDE59 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 02:32 PM
  3. Are all the previous threads gone?
    By Gmonkey in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 04:50 PM
  4. First test thread...