precontest supp thread

Page 12 of 24 First ... 1011121314 ... Last
  1. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    Thanks brother, def. appreciate that support & feedback!
    Yeah strength was off the hook today - I would go ahead and say the inclines were a PB (in this type format). I've done 295 for 10x3's before, but not w/ concentrated negatives or 45 sec. rests, used 2 min. rests previous. Most definitely some factors boosting the training today - carb rush from Hades!

when is your contest?

2. 9 days out..
    •   

3. Dude your hitting PRs 9 days outs? That seriously blows my mind.

4. Yeah me too buddy -- to a point.
    I've passed several PBs at points thruout this prep, in terms of both strength & endurance; I've learned not to be surprised.
    Kinda felt this coming. Combination of great supplements fueling my progress, as well as those supps allowing me to train in a non-keto nutritional environment, it's a PowerFULL 1-2 punch there (couldn't resist the product pun on that one, hah)..

5. Little bit of randomness as I wait to work out here this morning..
    From yesterdays newspaper, front page:

MIDDLE-AGE BELLY FAT LINKED TO ALHEIMER'S RISK
    (Washington Post)
    People who have big bellies in their 40's are much more likely to get Alheimer's disease and other forms of dementia in their 70's..
    The study of more than 6000 people found the more fat they had in their guts, the greater their chances of showing signs of senility as they aged. Those who had the biggest midsections faced more than twice the risk of the leanest.
    "A large belly is the most potent predictor of dementia," said Rachel Whitmer, a research scientistat the Kaiser Permanente Division of Research in Oakland, CA, who led the new study.
    The research is the latest evidence that fat in the abdomen is the most dangerous kind. Previous studies have linked the apple-shaped physique to a greater risk of diabetes, heart disease and even cancer.
    Researchers suspect that those fat cells are the worst because of their proximity to major organs. They ooze noxious chemicals, stoking inflammation, constricting blood vessels and triggering other processes that might also cause damage to brain cells..

Wow, doesn't bode well for the future of the world's most obese nation.
    Just another reason to keep that six-pack up, eh guys?
    Last edited by snagency; 03-28-2008 at 10:11 AM. Reason: mistype - can't spell this morning, lol
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    Yeah me too buddy -- to a point.
    I've passed several PBs at points thruout this prep, in terms of both strength & endurance; I've learned not to be surprised.
    Kinda felt this coming. Combination of great supplements fueling my progress, as well as those supps allowing me to train in a non-keto nutritional environment, it's a PowerFULL 1-2 punch there (couldn't resist the product pun on that one, hah)..

Little bit of randomness as I wait to work out here this morning..
    From yesterdays newspaper, front page:

MIDDLE-AGE BELLY FAT LINKED TO ALHEIMER'S RISK
    (Washington Post)
    People who have big bellies in their 40's are much more likely to get Alheimer's disease and other forms of dementia in their 70's..
    The study of more than 6000 people found the more fat they had in their guts, the greater their chances of showing signs of senility as they aged. Those who had the biggest midsections faced more than twice the risk of the leanest.
    "A large belly is the most potent predictor of dementia," said Rachel Whitmer, a research scientistat the Kaiser Permanente Division of Research in Oakland, CA, who led the new study.
    The research is the latest evidence that fat in the abdomen is the most dangerous kind. Previous studies have linked the apple-shaped physique to a greater risk of diabetes, heart disease and even cancer.
    Researchers suspect that those fat cells are the worst because of their proximity to major organs. They ooze noxious chemicals, stoking inflammation, constricting blood vessels and triggering other processes that might also cause damage to brain cells..

Wow, doesn't bode well for the future of the world's most obese nation.
    Just another reason to keep that six-pack up, eh guys?
    -I have become use to breaking PRs throughout prep.
    -Steve N.
    I smell a USP Labs review slogan! Lol seriously though I have just started a strict CKD to really get down to a low bf and my workouts are suffering to a point to where I'm already considering bagging it and adding carbs back in with AP and ReCreate (between strength loss and type of training.) The diet part of the keto diet is fine but I don't like how much I had to sacrifice with training.

I find that interesting since women are at a higher risk than men for alzheimers for some reason (and with men holding fat in exactly the above areas mentioned thats interesting. I like how they describe the fat as poison and how it oozes noxious gases into surrounding body parts. America's future is honestly in for some rough times (the health problems that will be faced in the future will be insane.) I guess the lone bright side would be if I get into personal training/opening a commercial gym I will have a wealth of clientele?

7. Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    ...my workouts are suffering to a point to where I'm already considering bagging it and adding carbs back in with AP and ReCreate (between strength loss and type of training.) The diet part of the keto diet is fine but I don't like how much I had to sacrifice with training.
    This is the first time I've ever experienced this kind of training (contest prep) with something other than keto nutrition, so never really had anything to compare it to until now. Always thought my strength & results were fine in prior preps, didn't understand why everyone else who utilized this approach moaned about lack of energy & loss of strength.. well, obviously now that I've taken educational course USPlabs 101, I now know the difference (there's a slogan for ya, lol)..
    Seriously, not advising you one way or the other on your prep approach, but imo AP/ReCreate stack with carbs is phenomenal, and my fat loss with this approach has been the same as when I utilized strict keto format - with the added benefit of maintaining my muscle!

I like how they describe the fat as poison and how it oozes noxious gases into surrounding body parts. America's future is honestly in for some rough times (the health problems that will be faced in the future will be insane.)
    Yeah, I liked that part as well. Was a pretty informative article, and Whitmer is huge into that area of research, adipocytokines, obesity, and cognitive aging, etc. I find her pretty knowledgeable.
    Here's the link if you want the full context..
    http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/p...270304/-1/NEWS

8. Switched up the routine a bit to set things up for final week; did shoulders/bi/tri work yesterday with abs at the end. Heavy weight was feeling good, so I stayed in the 5-8 rep range with straight sets, keeping rest periods down to 45 sec., abs at 30 sec., and utilizing only 2 exercises per bodypart. Again, not anything I'd probably recommend doing, but it was right for me.
    So today I did cardio, 5 minutes light followed by 8x60 all-out sprints, followed by 15 minutes medium stride cardio. Finished up with 15 minutes posing; will have posing sessions 3x more thruout day.
    Sets me up for final week. Got the diet plan nailed, w/o format set, supps all lined up, LET'S ROCK!

SUN - legs, abs, med. cardio
    MON - back/bi circuit, sprints
    TUE - chest/shoulders/tri circuit, abs & cardio
    WED - upper body circuit, sprints
    THUR - sprints only

posing every day, 4x15 minute sessions

9. Had to show off my new shirt, be bringing this out to the show with me.
    Thanks USP!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  10. Guest

Had to show off my new shirt, be bringing this out to the show with me.
    Thanks USP!

Haha. You truly are a maching steve!

11. Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs View Post
    Haha. You truly are a maching steve!
    I 2ND THAT STATEMENT! GREAT PREP BRO! YOU'RE GONNA TEAR THE HOUSE DOWN!

12. Thanks guys!

13. Just pose on stage with the shirt on, the judges won't have a choice but to make your the winner lol.

Again bro your hard work is paying off big time, looking huge.

Also the color combos on the shirt are awesome.

14. Go get'em Steve!

Have a great week.

15. It's your time brother! Keep your focus razor sharp and bring it home!

16. Grazzi fellas, definitely appreciate all that support!

17. Nice work man! Great progress!

18. I hope everything is still getting dialed in nicely as i know it will. Good luck as we get ever closer to this competition.

I didn't get to comment on the shirt yet but does it immediately increase muscle mass shredding body fat and giving me crazy strength and some cool tattoos?
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

19. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I didn't get to comment on the shirt yet but does it immediately increase muscle mass shredding body fat and giving me crazy strength and some cool tattoos?
    yep.. well, all except the tatts. lol.

thanks for the words bolt, you too box.

not much time to post this week, kinda busy..

gotta figure out how i'm gonna explain the $4.95/mo. charge to the credit card for the site fee to the wife..

20. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post

gotta figure out how i'm gonna explain the $4.95/mo. charge to the credit card for the site fee to the wife..
    lol are u serious????

21. Quote Originally Posted by boxmeman View Post
    lol are u serious????
    really don't feel i need to respond to that one box, but if you insist..

that was a pretty good one tho, best prank of today i've seen.

22. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    really don't feel i need to respond to that one box, but if you insist..

that was a pretty good one tho, best prank of today i've seen.
    hahahaha dude i agree that was EASILY the best prank of the day!!

23. I know your busy and may not have time to post but i am gonna post at least once in each of the next days til your contest as some motivation and support as things get ready!

I felt this quote was fitting as you have worked hard for what you are trying to accomplish:
    You cannot dream yourself into a character: you must hammer and forge yourself into one.
    -Henry D. Thoreau
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  24. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I know your busy and may not have time to post but i am gonna post at least once in each of the next days til your contest as some motivation and support as things get ready!

I felt this quote was fitting as you have worked hard for what you are trying to accomplish:
    You cannot dream yourself into a character: you must hammer and forge yourself into one.
    -Henry D. Thoreau

Cool of you bolt!

25. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    -Henry D. Thoreau
    aww, thanx boltster!
    lotta luv in the USP forum - diggin it!!!

hammer time!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Is there a supp to STOP T-bone's thread bumping?
    By p5sky in forum Supplements
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 05:14 PM
  2. The Ultimate Nootropics/Cognitive Supp Thread
    By TRDE59 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 03:32 PM
  3. Are all the previous threads gone?
    By Gmonkey in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 05:50 PM
  4. First test thread...