precontest supp thread

Page 12 of 20 First ... 1011121314 ... Last

1. Great pics brother!!! You looked phenomenal! Now bring the damn roof down at your next show! You have a HYYYYYOOOOOOGE head start. GET IT DONE!!!

2. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    well, I was planning on doing the September show, not the May one. Then going back to Ohio in October for the Natural Northern.
    Hmmmm... now you've got me thinking about this May show tho...
    Oh I missed that, thought you were signed up for the May show. Do you think you need more size/symmetry to beat these guys or something else? Honestly I think you could do some serious damage mass wise if you have until September with a full range of calories at your disposal as well as cut time, but if you think you can kick some ass within 8 weeks then I would love to see a quick turn around and ass kicking on stage .
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    Oh I missed that, thought you were signed up for the May show. Do you think you need more size/symmetry to beat these guys or something else? Honestly I think you could do some serious damage mass wise if you have until September with a full range of calories at your disposal as well as cut time, but if you think you can kick some ass within 8 weeks then I would love to see a quick turn around and ass kicking on stage .
    I think what I actually needed was a little more time to bring in some graininess, a few more striations. More time period. I rushed the whole process, but it's a testament to the products I used that I was able to put everything together as quickly as I did.
    Size-wise, I think I was fine. In fact, my wife & Joe Franco both say I should drop a few more pounds and come in just shredded. I dunno.. I think if I add some more mass to my back & legs, and up my conditioning a bit, I'd bring a nice package to the table.
    I definitely am looking forward to runnning higher carbs w/ the USP products; really think this will provide some bigtime results. Wrote up a diet yesterday, and my 7 meal macros (w/ intra-w/o shake included) total 255/430/30, just over 3000 cals. I'll be running an upper/lower body split routine, alternating heavy & lighter days within those splits.
    By September I should be ready to rock...

4. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    I think what I actually needed was a little more time to bring in some graininess, a few more striations. More time period. I rushed the whole process, but it's a testament to the products I used that I was able to put everything together as quickly as I did.
    Size-wise, I think I was fine. In fact, my wife & Joe Franco both say I should drop a few more pounds and come in just shredded. I dunno.. I think if I add some more mass to my back & legs, and up my conditioning a bit, I'd bring a nice package to the table.
    I definitely am looking forward to runnning higher carbs w/ the USP products; really think this will provide some bigtime results. Wrote up a diet yesterday, and my 7 meal macros (w/ intra-w/o shake included) total 255/430/30, just over 3000 cals. I'll be running an upper/lower body split routine, alternating heavy & lighter days within those splits.
    By September I should be ready to rock...
    Awesome deal. So for your next stack you will be doing P-Slin, AP, and anything else? P-Full? ReCreate again closer to September?

5. Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    Awesome deal. So for your next stack you will be doing P-Slin, AP, and anything else? P-Full? ReCreate again closer to September?
    yep, P-Slin & AP only till mid-May, then I'll bring back PowerFULL & Cissus again. Probably start Recreate at 8-12 weeks out. Other than that, it'll be pretty similar if not identical to what I just ran..

6. Great work! Third place is still good at a regional level show like that. This is a show I plan on winning and being in shape for next time I compete (not just competing in it en route to the one I'm aiming for). From your pics, it looked as though your conditioning wasn't as sharp as it could have been, but you knew that. Dale is a great guy, and always shows up with his back side striated. It's tough to win a class at shows like these unless you bring the "shredded' conditioning to the table. Nonetheless, you looked great for the time you put in.

And the night time routine with gum in your mouth had nothing to do with your placing. I can't tell if you were being sarcastic or not. The placings are determined after prejudging, and unless 2 people are just dead even, the routine is just for the audience. I don't want you to think chewing gum knocked you 2 places because that just isn't the case.

Those USP Labs products work some wonders, eh? I love using them on my bulk and you will too. I'm 30lbs leaner than I was when I started dieting and my strength is above what it was. Good stuff. You'll see

BTW, I'll be at the Indiana show this year in Sept. So, if you are still doing that show, I'll see you there!

Congrats again!

Sporto
    IFPA Professional Bodybuilder
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer
    Scivation Sponsored Athlete

7. Thanx Tommy. Yeah, Dale came in super striated for sure, he looked great. He was the unanimous #1 (saw the scores online) so I know I didn't get knocked 2 spots. I know everything's based on prejudging, but my wife saw the judges shake their heads when I came out for my routine chomping away (which I was kinda watery looking by that time, could've been that too), and she thought they rewrote the placings. But the kid who took 2nd (it was his first show!) looked great too, just thought I had him on size. In any event, like you said my conditioning wasn't quite where it should've been. Picked a helluva show to make my "comeback" at, you're right..
    Yep, I'll be doing the Indiana show in September -- cool to hear you'll be there! That's awesome man. You competing, or down there for someone else? I better step it up if you're gonna jump in there, ahaha..
    Got plenty of time to prepare this time around, make full use of the products (yes I'm salivating at using P-Slin & AP with all these carbs!). Training has begun my man..

8. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    Thanx Tommy. Yeah, Dale came in super striated for sure, he looked great. He was the unanimous #1 (saw the scores online) so I know I didn't get knocked 2 spots. I know everything's based on prejudging, but my wife saw the judges shake their heads when I came out for my routine chomping away (which I was kinda watery looking by that time, could've been that too), and she thought they rewrote the placings. But the kid who took 2nd (it was his first show!) looked great too, just thought I had him on size. In any event, like you said my conditioning wasn't quite where it should've been. Picked a helluva show to make my "comeback" at, you're right..
    Yep, I'll be doing the Indiana show in September -- cool to hear you'll be there! That's awesome man. You competing, or down there for someone else? I better step it up if you're gonna jump in there, ahaha..
    Got plenty of time to prepare this time around, make full use of the products (yes I'm salivating at using P-Slin & AP with all these carbs!). Training has begun my man..
    Nah, no competing for me for another year or so...my girlfriend is doing the figure competition. Layne will be there as well as I think his fiance will do figure as well. Plus, I'm sure we'll be helping out and expediting as well.

With the PSlin and AP, you'll see great things

Sporto
    IFPA Professional Bodybuilder
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer
    Scivation Sponsored Athlete

9. Yes, VERY psyched about being able to run higher carbs with the Slin/AP combo..
    Pre w/o meal macros today were 35/100/6 @600 cals -- the pump on upper body was INSANE! Still sore from the lower body beating I gave myself on Monday (I miss my Cissus!), can't wait to be totally annihilated tomorrow. Everything I hit today was bursting.
    I probably won't be updating much during this LONG prep period, just when something off the hook happens (like today's pump) or maybe bi-weekly or something. I'll be in hiding for awhile, under mass construction, haha..

Today's Workout: Heavy Upper Body

Barbell Bench 6x3
    Bent Rows 6x3
    Standing Shoulder Press 5x5
    Pull-Ups (weighted) 5x5
    Skullcrusher 3x5
    Barbell Curl 3x5

Will be running a lighter lower-body day tomorrow, hopefully I'll have my range of motion back by then..

10. Sounds like a solid plan! Why aren't you running Cissus with your stack ? Looking forward to following your progress!
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by semper27 View Post
    Sounds like a solid plan! Why aren't you running Cissus with your stack ? Looking forward to following your progress!
    Wanted to come off all supps for 4-6 weeks, except Slin & AP.
    I might be rethinking that tho, this heavy weight's got everything screaming. Never had this soreness at all while on Cissus..

12. I can understand where you are coming from. However, I'd stick with the cissus. Your body is primed for some new growth!!! GET YOUR GROW ON BRO!

13. Quote Originally Posted by semper27 View Post
    I can understand where you are coming from. However, I'd stick with the cissus. Your body is primed for some new growth!!! GET YOUR GROW ON BRO!
    appreciate that tip bro, bringing it back as of this morning..

14. I've been experimenting with a mass diet here lately (up to 189 this morning), but I tried something totally new for me today - an 800 cal post w/o shake comprised of ON Glucomaize (first time I've ever used WMS) and ON Gainer, macros 60/120/8. Pre w/o macros were 42/100/6. Used P-Slin prior to both these; in between I used AP about 20 minutes prior to w/o, then drank my creatine/EAA/dextrose mix right before I started training. Interesting.. veins were out in full force, strength was awesome - which was good cuz it was heavy upper body day. I'm digging all this new stuff, looking to get some serious new growth going on..
    Wouldn't mind feedback on my use of P-Slin/AP in that format this morning, make sure this is suitable. Never quite seen that type of protocol from anybody yet..
  15. Final Review -- USP Testosterone Booster

Thought I would put my summations of the beta product in this log..

Training
    Intensity was the #1 aspect I noticed to be most affected. The focus & animal-like ferocity with which I attacked the weights during training was a daily constant. In the 7 weeks I was able to use this product, I had only 1 "off" training day.
    Strength was steadily improved; bigger jumps at the beginning, then steady increases thruout. These gains never really leveled off. 9 days out from a bodybuilding show I was incline-pressing the most I ever have.
    I also experienced fullness within the muscles, this effect lasting thruout the day and not just during training.

Mood
    From the very beginning, there was an immediate, intense "on top of the world" feeling, I mean I just felt GREAT! Outlook was upbeat, nothing could get me down -- of course, when your training sessions were going like mine were, I guess it's pretty easy to stay upbeat. I experienced this effect all thruout usage.
    This upbeat feeling was combined with an aggresive alpha-male outlook as well. Early on, this aggression was intense and bordering on a bit uncontrollable (but I liked it, it felt good!); after a few weeks, this did level out somewhat & became more manageable, however the aggression was there in some amount all the way thru usage.

Sides
    I experienced no bad side effects with this product, no acne or sexual malfunctions or the like. As for impacting sexual performance, I noticed no effects for approximately the first 4 weeks of use, then was hit all of the sudden with some pleasant effects: more powerfull orgasms, thicker & fuller erections, and I was able to last longer as well.
    Sleep was solid thruout; was able to get at least 6 hours/night in, and mostly averaged 7 a night; this after previously averaging about 5-5.5 hours nightly.

Overall
    There is no shortage of feedback to the effect this compound is having on people. Awesome intensity & focus, strength gains up, body pumps & recomp, alpha male aggression, improved sexual function -- an incredibly wide range of benefits with this product. Truly beyond comparison with any other test boosters I've ever done. USP, you have another winner.

16. Solid write up! Can't wait to give this product a run, hopefully in the very near future!

17. I really hope that I can get my hands on this test booster by the middle of June so I can give it a 2 month try with my USP stack. All the feedback has been phenomenal as far as test boosters are concerned. I still can't get over the weights you were putting up so close to a show.
  18. Final Review - USPlabs Products

A summation of all USP products I used in contest preparation. With the exception of AnabolicPump, these were all first-time usages for me..

AnabolicPump/P-Slin
    AP was the first USP product I ever used, and it produced such remarkable results in such a short time frame I was immediately hooked. Keeping in mind the goal I used these items with (contest prep), these were the results I saw:
    *Ability to consume heightened carb amounts during prep, which was previously unheard of to me.
    *Despite more carbs, body recomp exceeded that which I experienced during previous ketogenic dieting.
    *More carb intake of course allowed me to maintain more of my muscle; as well, energy remained level & abundant.
    P-Slin was awesome for preworkout, again allowing ingestion of carbs to fuel training; pump & vascularity improvements were noticeable.
    I am currently in the process of using these two products in my clean bulking phase, and P-Slin especially I notice having an incredible ability to sock nutrients straight to the muscles; bloating on this is practically non-existent despite extremely (for me) high carb intake, and the immediate pumps from these meals are crazy.

PowerFULL
    Definite raise in GH levels with this product. Sleep was much improved, in fact the synergy from this & the beta product added about an hour and a half a night to my previously lagging sleep! Other than sleep, there's nothing definitive I can put my finger on as to stand-alone benefits; the big thing with this I think is the synergism with all the other products, and a boost in test levels. I believe I would be able to pinpoint more had I run this by itself & isolated it.
    (EDIT: Ahhhh, don't know how I could forget the "clearest" result here -- just that, clear skin. Not to be feminine, but I noticed definite improvement & clearing in my complexion, softer & younger looking skin on my face, and clear skin all over the body. This to me is key evidence of GH boost.)

Recreate
    What can I say -- the best fat-burner I have ever done, bar none - and I've done a few in my time. Check out my video in the USP Recreate product link for everything I have to say about this:
    </title> <meta name="description" content="" /> <meta name="keywords" content="" /> <base href="http://www.usplabsdirect.com/catalog/"> <script language="javascript"></script> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> <tit

Cissus
    And probably my favorite (now THAT'S saying something) of all the USP goodies..
    This stuff is amazing. Tendon & joint issues, what few I had, just disappeared very shortly after I began using this. I could feel these become stronger, like steel rods, when I began pushing more & more weight as my strength began to increase. I felt like the Terminator! It was very cool being able to go deep & heavy, ATG on squats, and still be able to walk & climb stairs normally the following day. Recovery was insane, and could definitely pinpoint anabolic properties with this product as I increased usage thru prep.

Summary
    Geez, I've said it before and I'll repeat it again -- USP ROCKS! These products create the finest results I have ever experienced. Looking forward to getting more results as I train for a couple upcoming shows this year; the 11 short weeks I had to use these products left no doubt in my mind that I've found my Holy Grail!
    Last edited by snagency; 04-16-2008 at 12:55 PM. Reason: addtl. info

19. Update on the workouts: yesterday was heavy lower body day again, the 3rd time for this particular day since I started this routine..

Heavy Lower Body & Abs:

Squats 6x4
    Deadlifts 1x8/1x6/1x4/1x2
    Lying Leg Curl 3x6
    Standing Calf Raise 5x5
    Hanging Leg Raise 3x8

In these 3 workouts, I have added 20 lbs. each to my working squat weight/deadlift/calf raise, and 10 lbs. to my leg curl!
    LOVING IT! I'm coming to my next show on a mission, got a game plan in effect & plenty of time to execute it.
    And on the AP/P-Slin front, have settled in to using P-Slin for pre w/o meal, AP post w/o when I don't use my creatine/EAA/dextrose mix; when I do use this mix (on heavy days), I'll use AP for pre w/o meal, then P-Slin with creatine/EAA/dextrose mix and AP again after. On my lighter days I'll just use creatine mono straight, no sugars or EAA, so it's a rotating schedule.
    It still seems to me one would want to use P-Slin prior to the post w/o meal, taking advantage of the large quantity of carbs for recovery. Any opinions to that end??
    Here's an example of the lighter day, lower body work for hypertrophy (this is my next lower body day in the split):

Light Lower Body & Abs:

Front Squats 1x25/1x20/1x15
    Dumbbell Stiff-Leg Deadlift 3x12-15
    Barbell Walking Lunge 2x30 (15 steps each leg)
    Seated Calf Raise 3x20
    Crunch 3xfailure

20. Thought I'd throw out an update pic, show some progress, my new avi blown up. This was taken Monday. Filling back up nicely with this bulk stage, loving my carbs! Alas, cut time is not too far away..
    The extended endorphin rush I've had now for the past few months has been sweet - first the USP stack of supps that kept me humming right along, made dieting a breeze, and kept strength & energy levels maxed out; now the carb load I've been utilizing with the P-Slin & AP, keeping me full & tight... add to that the residual effect I'm sure I'm having from the contest prep stack & the beta product... strength and training just keep getting better & better! The strength gains are pretty phenomenal -- the ease with which I'm increasing the weight every single w/o is just unreal. Never been in this extended kind of zone before. It's NICE!

Light Upper Body:

Decline Dumbbell Bench 1x15/1x12/1x20
    Dumbbell Row 1x15/1x12/1x20
    Dumbbell Lateral Raise 3x15
    Pulldown (to front) 3x15
    Preacher Curl 3x15
    Overhead Unilateral D-Bell Extension 3x15
    Attached Images Attached Images  

21. Dude your forearms are looking hyugggggee.

Carbs themselves are definitely also helping with those endorphins/good feelings.

Beta T Booster has me so pumped as well.

Yo I got a side Q for you. Back in the days when you were doing strict keto diets and restricting carbs, on your low carb days did you notice trouble falling asleep? Vice versa on your higher days was your ability to fall asleep restored?

22. So the workout I'm currently running, all in order:

DAY 1 Heavy Upper Body
    Barbell Bench 6x3
    Bent Rows 6x3
    Standing Shoulder Press 5x5
    Pull-Ups (weighted) 5x5
    Skullcrusher 3x5
    Barbell Curl 3x5

DAY 2 Light Lower Body & Abs
    Front Squats 1x25/1x20/1x15
    Dumbbell Stiff-Leg Deadlift 3x12-15
    Barbell Walking Lunge 2x30 (15 steps each leg)
    Seated Calf Raise 3x20
    Crunch 3xfailure

DAY 3 Rest

DAY 4 Light Upper Body
    Decline Dumbbell Bench 1x15/1x12/1x20
    Dumbbell Row 1x15/1x12/1x20
    Dumbbell Lateral Raise 3x15
    Pulldown (to front) 3x15
    Preacher Curl 3x15
    Overhead Unilateral D-Bell Extension 3x15

DAY 5 Heavy Lower Body & Abs
    Squats 6x4
    Deadlifts 1x8/1x6/1x4/1x2
    Lying Leg Curl 3x6
    Standing Calf Raise 5x5
    Hanging Leg Raise 3x8

DAY 6 & 7 Rest

This is a program geared to increase size & strength; I especially like it because, aside from producing awesome results, you never get burned out. I've slightly adapted this to fit my equipment, but the original program was written by Dr. Clay Hyght, a competitve bodybuilder himself.
    I'll run this for a couple more weeks yet, then switch to a more volumized routine again. I think one could use this routine almost indefinitely tho if they wanted too..

23. Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    Dude your forearms are looking hyugggggee.

Carbs themselves are definitely also helping with those endorphins/good feelings.

Beta T Booster has me so pumped as well.

Yo I got a side Q for you. Back in the days when you were doing strict keto diets and restricting carbs, on your low carb days did you notice trouble falling asleep? Vice versa on your higher days was your ability to fall asleep restored?
    ha, thanx dude, yeah I'm feeling pretty huge right now (all those carbs talking..)
    on the sleep tip, man until recently (when I started PowerFULL & the beta) I was lucky if I got 6 hours of sleep a night; most nights were like 5 hours. Sleep SUCKED on keto - and I lived keto for pretty much 4 years straight!! Never knew I deprived myself of such sleep while running that diet scheme. On reflection, it does seem now like I got more sleep on my carb-up days, but not a whole lot more... those were probably the nights where I got my 6 hours in..
    Even back in the day tho, I was never one to get 8 hours a night in, always slept less.
    You having problems sleeping on CKD?

24. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    ha, thanx dude, yeah I'm feeling pretty huge right now (all those carbs talking..)
    on the sleep tip, man until recently (when I started PowerFULL & the beta) I was lucky if I got 6 hours of sleep a night; most nights were like 5 hours. Sleep SUCKED on keto - and I lived keto for pretty much 4 years straight!! Never knew I deprived myself of such sleep while running that diet scheme. On reflection, it does seem now like I got more sleep on my carb-up days, but not a whole lot more... those were probably the nights where I got my 6 hours in..
    Even back in the day tho, I was never one to get 8 hours a night in, always slept less.
    You having problems sleeping on CKD?
    A little bit. I find that I am having some issues falling asleep (Ill lay in bed for a good 2 hours before falling asleep and feeling tired). Once I am asleep I tend to stay asleep for a good 7 hours and then will go through a wake up fall back asleep for another hour or so. Before starting the CKD I would just pass out a good 30-45 minutes after laying down for the night and go the entire 8-9 hours like a log. Also on my carb up days I am literally asleep within 10 minuets of laying down and its higher quality sleep.

I know carbs play some roles in sleep patterns but I don't know if it would affect it to this degree (I also feel the sleep I get is much deeper on carb ups though). I began worrying about over training (since its one of the symptoms) but I seem to have relinquished other indicators while the sleep issue remains.

I figure I got about 2-3 weeks left until I will go back to carbs for a big lean bulker (and never go back to CKD again lol) and will be able to judge then if the lack of carbs was the major contributor to the problem. I wanted to see if you felt similar effects since you were hardcore keto for so long. Ill update you when I know if it was the true cause.

Sorry for the quick Hi-Jack man lol

25. Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    A little bit. I find that I am having some issues falling asleep (Ill lay in bed for a good 2 hours before falling asleep and feeling tired). Once I am asleep I tend to stay asleep for a good 7 hours and then will go through a wake up fall back asleep for another hour or so. Before starting the CKD I would just pass out a good 30-45 minutes after laying down for the night and go the entire 8-9 hours like a log. Also on my carb up days I am literally asleep within 10 minuets of laying down and its higher quality sleep.

I know carbs play some roles in sleep patterns but I don't know if it would affect it to this degree (I also feel the sleep I get is much deeper on carb ups though). I began worrying about over training (since its one of the symptoms) but I seem to have relinquished other indicators while the sleep issue remains.

I figure I got about 2-3 weeks left until I will go back to carbs for a big lean bulker (and never go back to CKD again lol) and will be able to judge then if the lack of carbs was the major contributor to the problem. I wanted to see if you felt similar effects since you were hardcore keto for so long. Ill update you when I know if it was the true cause.

Sorry for the quick Hi-Jack man lol
    Nah, no worries man, this thread's intent is to be as helpful as possible bro..
    There is no doubt carbs play a big role in sleep patterns; I didn't realize this myself until I went off keto. I too fell asleep lightning fast on carb days, figure it's the insulin factor. I'd also sweat bigtime while eating my sweet potatoes/oatmeal/banana for the last meal (carbs) on these days, then fall out within a half hour usually.
    Yeah definitely let me know how you respond when you get back to a more friendly diet format!

26. I Just started checking this site out. I used to be a huge fan of anoter site but after reading your log. i have found a new home. You are very informative and helpful i will continue to follow. Like my Bro, Semper say, GET YOUR GROW ON!!!!

27. Thanks bro. Yeah I came from one of those "other" sites too, and I'm digging it here a lot more. Better info all around. It's nice to see a guy like Semper throw his format & motivation out there too, keeps a fella on track!

28. Looking huge man. I like all the feedback and helpful info in some of these threads as well
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

29. Nice to see ya drop by Boltster, figured you were still out celebrating your birthday or something.. so how's it feel to be 19 now? Getting old dude..

30. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    Nice to see ya drop by Boltster, figured you were still out celebrating your birthday or something.. so how's it feel to be 19 now? Getting old dude..
    haha it feels no different. I didn't even really think about it...but i haven't had a chance to think about much with all these papers and studying going on. Guess the school decided to give me some nice b-day presents
    PEScience Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com

Similar Forum Threads

1. Is there a supp to STOP T-bone's thread bumping?
    By p5sky in forum Supplements
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 05:14 PM
  2. The Ultimate Nootropics/Cognitive Supp Thread
    By TRDE59 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 03:32 PM
  3. Are all the previous threads gone?
    By Gmonkey in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 05:50 PM
  4. First test thread...