precontest supp thread

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think I started my supp log in the wrong area, here is where I want to be.

I'm new to this site (coming from bb.com), 36 yr. old natural bodybuilder who hasn't competed in awhile.
I wanted to share my thoughts on precontest supplementation; I'm preparing for an April 5th show. Looks like a lot of good, solid minds on this site, so any feedback is appreciated.
I've never started a thread before, so here goes:

Upon waking (@5 a.m., 30-45 minutes before eating):
1 gram L-Carnitine
1 gram Acetyl L-Carnitine
5 grams BCAA’s (AST)
5 tabs Density (Beverley International)
3 caps SuperCissusRx (USPlabs)
NOTES: the carnitine combo w/ BCAA is a great way to get the fat-loss going for the day, as well as jump-starting positive nitrogen balance after nighttime sleep.

15 minutes prior to Meal #1: 1 cap P-Slin (USPlabs).

Meal #1: 1 Super Pak (Beverly Int.) or
1 Animal Pak (Universal)
3 grams fish oil
500 mcg Chromium Picolinate
NOTES: I alternate the Super Pak with the Animal Pak as my daily multi-vitamin, because I like them both.

45 minutes prior to training: 3 caps White Blood (Controlled Labs). Preworkout nitric oxide booster

30 minutes prior to training: 1 scoop Purple Wraath (Controlled Labs)
10 grams micronized Creatine (AST)
10 grams Glutamine (VPX)
2 caps PowerFULL (USP)
2 caps Recreate (USP)
4 caps I-GH-1 (LG Sciences)

Immediately prior to training: 1 scoop Purple Wraath
7 grams BCAA caps (AST)

Immediately after training: 1 scoop Purple Wraath
7 grams BCAA caps (AST)
5 tabs Density (Bev. Int.)

15 minutes following training: 1 cap Anabolic Pump

30 minutes following training: w/ postworkout shake (Meal #2) - 400 mg COQ10
1 gram vitamin C
500 mg vitamin E
5000 mcg Biotin
10 grams micronized Creatine (AST)
10 grams Glutamine (VPX)

15 minutes prior to Meal #3: 1 cap Anabolic Pump

Mid-afternoon: 3 caps White Blood
1 cap Recreate
2 caps PowerFULL

15 minutes prior to Meal #4: 1 cap Anabolic Pump

With Meal #4: 2nd Animal Pak (if taking those multi’s for that day; if I take the Beverly multi earlier instead, I’ll supplement with 1 gram vitamin C & 500 mg vitamin E with this meal).

With Meal #6: 3 grams fish oil.

Bedtime: 3 caps ZMA (Beverly Int.)
1 gram L-Carnitine
1 gram Acetyl L-Carnitine
5 grams BCAA’s (AST)
1 cap PowerFULL
3 caps SuperCissusRx

I’ll also take 6 Ultra 40 tabs (Beverly Int.) with every meal during this time, and currently I am using Scivation’s Anagen (2 caps w/ meals #1,3 &5) for ecdysterone. Out of all the supps listed, only Anagen has the jury still out. Not convinced this is doing much, and I think the company has discontinued it. I just happened to have some at the time, decided to throw it in there.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the recreate was a new add to my regiment that i just started yesterday. gotta tell ya, this was a great first experience; yesterday's workout (day #6 in the routine, the hardest of the week for me) was just insane. i've tried many preworkout energy/metabolism boosters in my time, some better than others, but the ones that worked the best to get me jacked always seemed to give me jitters to some extent. always read about "focus" claims that products made, well that never happened for me; in fact, the most effective ones made my mind race... until this stuff. now i know what that "focus" feeling's like. supersetting my quad/ham exercises, i felt like a machine, and when i completed the workout i felt like i needed to keep going -- UNHEARD OF on this day! very clean energy, no jitters or heart racing. same thing today with day #7 in the routine; i did a couple extra things in the workout, supersetting most everything, and still had energy at the end.

the recreate was a new add to my regiment that i just started yesterday. gotta tell ya, this was a great first experience; yesterday's workout (day #6 in the routine, the hardest of the week for me) was just insane. i've tried many preworkout energy/metabolism boosters in my time, some better than others, but the ones that worked the best to get me jacked always seemed to give me jitters to some extent. always read about "focus" claims that products made, well that never happened for me; in fact, the most effective ones made my mind race... until this stuff. now i know what that "focus" feeling's like. supersetting my quad/ham exercises, i felt like a machine, and when i completed the workout i felt like i needed to keep going -- UNHEARD OF on this day! very clean energy, no jitters or heart racing. same thing today with day #7 in the routine; i did a couple extra things in the workout, supersetting most everything, and still had energy at the end.

Haha, the best part it was not designed for that just a very nice ancillary effect. The main effect is fat loss/muscle preservartion or gain.

I shipped the testosterone product today. Arrived sooner than expected! Yea ya!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Haha, the best part it was not designed for that just a very nice ancillary effect. The main effect is fat loss/muscle preservartion or gain.

I shipped the testosterone product today. Arrived sooner than expected! Yea ya!

SWEEET! ...
afternoon serving was just fine today, too btw.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha wat the real quick shipping...should i follow the log in here or are u still gonna post in the original thread?

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
haha wat the real quick shipping...should i follow the log in here or are u still gonna post in the original thread?
i guess i'll keep both open, but post here.
nobody posting on the other one.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Started the SuperCissusRx about five days ago, and I'm feeling enough of an effect to offer some feedback on it.
In summation: good stuff! I've been pretty blessed as far as training as long as I have & not having any injuries, but I had noticed over the last 6-8 months or so, a little tenderness in my right elbow, and a slight clicking sound in my right shoulder, especially when doing incline benches. This noise did not produce any pain, but it was just something I was aware of.
Well, in this morning's workout (in which I accomplished some PB's in strength & endurance for this period in contest prep, I should also mention), I became aware of how strong my joints seemed to feel, which led me to realize that I didn't have the tenderness in my elbow (again, despite pushing max weight) and the clicking noise was gone when I did inclines, despite max weight & all-out reps. Pretty phenomenal stuff. I can only wonder what this product could do for someone with joint issues more serious than mine. And the medicinal purposes for which this extract is used range pretty far & wide - definitely looks like something that should be in every bodybuilders' supp stack... very impressive product.

Last edited:
snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Apologies to anyone who caught that blip; I was looking at the wrong line on my supp calendar, thought I started the Cissus on Tuesday, the 5th; it was actually this past Tuesday, the 12th. Corrected the post, it reads right now.
Wow, 5 days... even more incredible.

Started the SuperCissusRx about five days ago, and I'm feeling enough of an effect to offer some feedback on it.
In summation: good stuff! I've been pretty blessed as far as training as long as I have & not having any injuries, but I had noticed over the last 6-8 months or so, a little tenderness in my right elbow, and a slight clicking sound in my right shoulder, especially when doing incline benches. This noise did not produce any pain, but it was just something I was aware of.
Well, in this morning's workout (in which I accomplished some PB's in strength & endurance for this period in contest prep, I should also mention), I became aware of how strong my joints seemed to feel, which led me to realize that I didn't have the tenderness in my elbow (again, despite pushing max weight) and the clicking noise was gone when I did inclines, despite max weight & all-out reps. Pretty phenomenal stuff. I can only wonder what this product could do for someone with joint issues more serious than mine. And the medicinal purposes for which this extract is used range pretty far & wide - definitely looks like something that should be in every bodybuilders' supp stack... very impressive product.

Once you get closer to contest prep, I will have you take up to 12 a day for it's anabolic effect...Doug Miller loves cissus for hits joint strength properties but until his last competition we used it for it's anabolic effect 3 weeks out...

Dude was gaining strenght 10 days out of competition...unheard of and had a libido!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Once you get closer to contest prep, I will have you take up to 12 a day for it's anabolic effect...Doug Miller loves cissus for hits joint strength properties but until his last competition we used it for it's anabolic effect 3 weeks out...

Dude was gaining strenght 10 days out of competition...unheard of and had a libido!
Wow. I'm telling ya, I do feel different when I'm training. I can feel the BCAA's when I start those in massive doses. This is a different feeling, powerfull. I'll attribute some of the strength gains I've had to the AP/carb load I've been on too, but it's different again these last few days. Man, if strength continues (10 days out you say??) like this... that's a scary-good thought. I don't mind stealing secrets from Doug!

Wow. I'm telling ya, I do feel different when I'm training. I can feel the BCAA's when I start those in massive doses. This is a different feeling, powerfull. I'll attribute some of the strength gains I've had to the AP/carb load I've been on too, but it's different again these last few days. Man, if strength continues (10 days out you say??) like this... that's a scary-good thought. I don't mind stealing secrets from Doug!
Doug does not mind sharing...

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Doug does not mind sharing...
lol... what I meant was that I could do a lot worse than using that guy's approach, he's a freakin' monster.
Oh man Jacob, before that humbling experience with the ham/glute raises this morning, I set PR's on EVERY SINGLE SET of squats (rep ranges 20/15/12/6/6/6/15/20 for my 8 working sets), rest periods 90 seconds, and really felt I had a bit more left in the tank. UNREAL. This is bordering on the ludicrous... and here I thought I knew all about supps. USP is a breed apart.
I think I'm beginning to feel the latest product as well, there's a def. surge going on...

Link24

Awards
  • Established
Hey Snag, I saw 6 Ultra 40 tabs (Beverly Int.) in your product list and i did a little reading on it. Seems like a very interesting product could you give me a little feedback on what u feel the product has done for you? Sorry if this seems like a press conference question lol.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey Snag, I saw 6 Ultra 40 tabs (Beverly Int.) in your product list and i did a little reading on it. Seems like a very interesting product could you give me a little feedback on what u feel the product has done for you? Sorry if this seems like a press conference question lol.
"Well Link, it all began..." okay, no press conference.
Glad to answer ya tho, nice to see someone other than me & Jacob (and can't forget Bolt) in here, lol.
I got turned on to liver tabs years about 5 yrs. ago, then used them heavy in my first contest prep back in '04. I was using a ketogenic diet back then for prep and running the Beverly products, and on my reduced calorie, 30-grams carbs/day diet (my first exposure to this kind of dieting), I still felt like working out & the strength didn't suffer too much. After comp, I continued using them, and I've always felt better & stronger while I'm taking them than when I've not been. I'm a definite "feel" guy w/ my supps; lotta guys aren't in tune to their bodies that way, but I always have been. Not to mention, I'm a nutrition nut - what's not to like about 2 grams/protein per tab w/ all the essential aminos? Where else you gonna find that kind of punch?
Gotta plug Beverly here too -- this is the ONLY liver tab I would ever do, no one else compares; I crapped out Universal's.
How's that for press conference?

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Please do not get me excited!
nah jacob, decided that it was all due to the ecdysterone i was taking...

:dump:

been wanting to use one of them things for awhile now, lol.

i'm kicking myself for even trying that stuff. worthless.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
okay, i won't bash ecdy; might've just been that particular product. not a fan.

nah jacob, decided that it was all due to the ecdysterone i was taking...

:dump:

been wanting to use one of them things for awhile now, lol.

i'm kicking myself for even trying that stuff. worthless.
SO the ecdy produced the inklings?

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
SO the ecdy produced the inklings?
all right, are you being sarcastic with me & i'm not getting it, or did YOU not catch my sarcasm?
no man, this is test surge, trust me. ask the wife.

all right, are you being sarcastic with me & i'm not getting it, or did YOU not catch my sarcasm?
no man, this is test surge, trust me. ask the wife.
Did not catch the sarcasm so I was double checking. No issues, Remember thursday is the day.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Did not catch the sarcasm QUOTE]

I'll leave sarcasm off the board from now on. I was beating on the ecdy, def. not anything USP.

Wanted to update on the diet; today's carb intake is 250 @ 2500 total calories, figured I needed a carb-up day with all this weight I'm moving in the gym.
Also, you didn't say anything about this, but since I've been on AP 28 days now, and w/ the increase in carbs today, I moved up to 4 AP this day (1 P-Slin prior to meal #1; 1 AP prior to meals 2 thru 5, each meal containing a minimum of 30 grams from carbs). Meal #6 (my shake w/ cottage cheese) will contain only @10 carbs.
Like I said, dropped the ecdy at the start of the stack you put me on; everything else remains constant.
Any thoughts on when the best time to bump up carnitine? Was thinking about moving to 1500 mg upon waking/before bed next Saturday (6-week out mark), also adding 500 mg per meal at that point. Probably keep the acetyl carnitine @ 1 gram tho.

Did not catch the sarcasm QUOTE]

I'll leave sarcasm off the board from now on. I was beating on the ecdy, def. not anything USP.

Wanted to update on the diet; today's carb intake is 250 @ 2500 total calories, figured I needed a carb-up day with all this weight I'm moving in the gym.
Also, you didn't say anything about this, but since I've been on AP 28 days now, and w/ the increase in carbs today, I moved up to 4 AP this day (1 P-Slin prior to meal #1; 1 AP prior to meals 2 thru 5, each meal containing a minimum of 30 grams from carbs). Meal #6 (my shake w/ cottage cheese) will contain only @10 carbs.
Like I said, dropped the ecdy at the start of the stack you put me on; everything else remains constant.
Any thoughts on when the best time to bump up carnitine? Was thinking about moving to 1500 mg upon waking/before bed next Saturday (6-week out mark), also adding 500 mg per meal at that point. Probably keep the acetyl carnitine @ 1 gram tho.
Looks good. You are using both ALC and L carnitine? I would dose ACL with recreate and with PowerFULL before bed.

Link24

Awards
  • Established
That was one hell of a press conference!!! Your a stand up guy and you seem to use stand up products. With that being said Im gonna pick up some liver tabs and see what they bring to the table besides an extra 20 grams of protein and maybe some gas........Also, Im gonna pick up some recreate for my summer cut :bb2:

"Well Link, it all began..." okay, no press conference.
Glad to answer ya tho, nice to see someone other than me & Jacob (and can't forget Bolt) in here, lol.
I got turned on to liver tabs years about 5 yrs. ago, then used them heavy in my first contest prep back in '04. I was using a ketogenic diet back then for prep and running the Beverly products, and on my reduced calorie, 30-grams carbs/day diet (my first exposure to this kind of dieting), I still felt like working out & the strength didn't suffer too much. After comp, I continued using them, and I've always felt better & stronger while I'm taking them than when I've not been. I'm a definite "feel" guy w/ my supps; lotta guys aren't in tune to their bodies that way, but I always have been. Not to mention, I'm a nutrition nut - what's not to like about 2 grams/protein per tab w/ all the essential aminos? Where else you gonna find that kind of punch?
Gotta plug Beverly here too -- this is the ONLY liver tab I would ever do, no one else compares; I crapped out Universal's.
How's that for press conference?

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That was one hell of a press conference!!! Your a stand up guy and you seem to use stand up products. With that being said Im gonna pick up some liver tabs and see what they bring to the table besides an extra 20 grams of protein and maybe some gas........Also, Im gonna pick up some recreate for my summer cut :bb2:
glad to help.
never experienced any gas tho w/ ultra-40.
i'm sure you'll love recreate. my wife tried it too, she wants me to ask jacob for a bottle for herself!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Please do not get me excited!
yes, it's there today for sure.
was hitting some back exercises this a.m., hard & heavy, and i thought i was hitting a wall, but i hit another gear and just took off again. now, i've noticed this pretty much since the original stack you started me on, but today was a little different, i felt a very intense "on top of the world" feeling and looked at the weights like they were just obstacles and i was gonna bust right thru them; very aggressive. went grocery shopping w/ the wife after, was zipping around the store, place was packed (pres. day & all, lotta shoopers) and got very annoyed when people were clogging my way. some def. aggression there my man.
i don't know about this thursday timetable you're talking about, but i have always been very sensitive to supps (GOOD supps that is). this seems to be pretty darn good. i got 2 doses in friday, so this is day #4.

yes, it's there today for sure.
was hitting some back exercises this a.m., hard & heavy, and i thought i was hitting a wall, but i hit another gear and just took off again. now, i've noticed this pretty much since the original stack you started me on, but today was a little different, i felt a very intense "on top of the world" feeling and looked at the weights like they were just obstacles and i was gonna bust right thru them; very aggressive. went grocery shopping w/ the wife after, was zipping around the store, place was packed (pres. day & all, lotta shoopers) and got very annoyed when people were clogging my way. some def. aggression there my man.
i don't know about this thursday timetable you're talking about, but i have always been very sensitive to supps (GOOD supps that is). this seems to be pretty darn good. i got 2 doses in friday, so this is day #4.
OOOO man, you are exciting the world! You have an e-mail/

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
You mean there IS actually somebody reading this stuff? Well that's reassuring, lol. Hey, thanx Box.
It's been pretty quiet for the most part.
Reading lol Im SERIOUSLY LOVING THIS!!! i have a contest in may/june and im telling you this stuff ur talking about is like var(u just cant get enough!!)

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Reading lol Im SERIOUSLY LOVING THIS!!! i have a contest in may/june and im telling you this stuff ur talking about is like var(u just cant get enough!!)
Lol, good stuff man. This is my first experience ever really doing something like this (running log) so I'm enjoying it, let's me get my thoughts out. I've used A TON of different supps. in my time (old man, y'know), and I'd like to think I've got some perspectives that might help some guys out there put it all together, bypassing a lot of the "learning curves" that I feel I went thru. Although I've learned a lot thru trial & error on my own, there have been people who've taken the time to help me along the way, and I've always been grateful for that. These boards that are up these days, that's a HUGE source of imformation available now, and it's cool to see that. I'm just trying to add to it.
I'm not all humanitarian & benevolence either man -- I'm also here to learn myself. I love getting feedback from people, theories & experiences others have had. And I'll tell ya, to be able to take advantage of a great mind like Jacob's -- dude, are you kidding me?? I'm SOOOO excited to be using these products. I am in awe. I learn something new every day; I experience something more insane in the weight room every single training seesion, it's just mind-blowing. Bottom line is I've NEVER, EVER felt the way I do since I've been using these products. It's really just silly man, nobody should feel this good! I'm kicking myself for not trying some USP product back in 2006 when I first heard about them, waiting this long to get going. Seems like I tried everybody else, y'know?
Hopefully you can get some good stuff outta this for your show, glad to help.

Lol, good stuff man. This is my first experience ever really doing something like this (running log) so I'm enjoying it, let's me get my thoughts out. I've used A TON of different supps. in my time (old man, y'know), and I'd like to think I've got some perspectives that might help some guys out there put it all together, bypassing a lot of the "learning curves" that I feel I went thru. Although I've learned a lot thru trial & error on my own, there have been people who've taken the time to help me along the way, and I've always been grateful for that. These boards that are up these days, that's a HUGE source of imformation available now, and it's cool to see that. I'm just trying to add to it.
I'm not all humanitarian & benevolence either man -- I'm also here to learn myself. I love getting feedback from people, theories & experiences others have had. And I'll tell ya, to be able to take advantage of a great mind like Jacob's -- dude, are you kidding me?? I'm SOOOO excited to be using these products. I am in awe. I learn something new every day; I experience something more insane in the weight room every single training seesion, it's just mind-blowing. Bottom line is I've NEVER, EVER felt the way I do since I've been using these products. It's really just silly man, nobody should feel this good! I'm kicking myself for not trying some USP product back in 2006 when I first heard about them, waiting this long to get going. Seems like I tried everybody else, y'know?
Hopefully you can get some good stuff outta this for your show, glad to help.

Give this man some reputation points....board talk Steve don't feak out..ahah

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
i actually already repped him, but on another note hey USP labs is def amazing!

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Right below a persons name there is a scale(triple beam balance that's silver) click on it and add to a person's rep when they make a good comment or provide a good read

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Right below a persons name there is a scale(triple beam balance that's silver) click on it and add to a person's rep when they make a good comment or provide a good read
ahh, cool, wondered what those icons were all about.
there's some rep to ya for the info then box!

avgBdybldr

avgBdybldr

Awards
  • Established
alright, snagency, here i am. i'll be following this one rather than the other. thanks for letting me know.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Quick update here this morning. Kinda bummed, day off from the weights (cardio, abs & posing today). I miss that building anticipation of "what kind of weights I'm gonna be able to throw around in today's training session?" Oh well, rest is a necessity too. Can't wait till tomorrow!
I am so amped to wake up every morning, look at myself in the mirror and see what new changes have transpired overnight. I've always made good progress at this point in prior contest prep; the progress I've made since I started the USP stack tho is a whole new ballgame man, freaking insane.
Let me clear about this, since I get asked a lot about it: I have never in my life done steroids. Now, I've done the PH/PS products (EDIT: none in last 2 years), sure - the "latest, greatest creation" ever devised ya know, but never any illegals. Don't wish to go that route myself. Been around a lotta people who have, and I'll tell you, I have never seen these kind of results from any product, INCLUDING guys I know on the juice (okay I'm not talking Ronnie Coleman cycles here, but you get my point).
Figured it was time to update to a current pic so you all could see progress. Leg shot was Sunday. I expect to see much more improvement here before this is over.
Thinking of making a pic of Superman my new avi, cuz this is how I'm feeling...

Last edited:
snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Jacob, did I tell you already that YOU ARE THE MAN???
Just showing some love guys...

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Jacob, can I start using either AP or Pslin at every meal, 6x daily? Thinking doing minimum 30g carbs every meal, maybe 20g w/ bedtime shake...