Training log for my next big meet

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
K, to start with, I tore my left oblique the friday before last and had a meet this past saturday....didn't do so hot. Side kept locking up on me and I only got 625.....on my third attempt (missed first too because of the pain). So I worked out a bench program that should have me where I need to be for my next big meet, and I am starting off with lower weights to just keep my strength where its at while my side heals and then slowly ramp up the weight once its healed. This is where I am going to keep my log, I figure since USP sponsors me and I am using pretty much every product they make that this would be a good place to put it, lol.

Here is todays workout:

Bench:
315x5
405x5
495x5
550x5x4
585x2x2
615x1
585x2
550x3-5

Tate presses -100lb dbs 3 sets of 12

Incline db presses -100lb dbs 4 sets of 15

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
Wednesday:
Back day
close grip low rows: stack for 3 sets of 15
wide grip rows: stack for 3 sets 15
high rows: 300lbs for 3 sets of 12
reverse pec dec: 3 sets of 15 with 205

got a good back pump and went as heavy as I could without straining my oblique too much. Squeezed every rep for all I could. Sounds kinda like bber type training, but it really helps build a base to bench off of and helps you stay tight when benching heavy.

Thursday
Speed bench day
225x10 explosive reps
315x10 explosive reps
405x3x9sets (3wide grip, 3close grip, 3normal grip) all explosive

3 sets of tate presses with 100's for 12 reps, I really wish the gym I train at would get some heavier db's

I do my speed reps a bit differently than most do at WSB, I lower the weights in a controlled manner (like a normal rep) and then explode the weight as soon as it touches my chest. I find this builds better explosion for raw paused lifts.

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
sick #'s man!

I'm looking forward to following this log :thumbsup:

NickW

NickW

DO WORK!
Awards
  • Established
Bench:
315x5
405x5
495x5
565x5x4
600x2x2
625x1
600x2
565x3-5
Tate presses/ Incline db presses 4 sets of 15 (both exercises with 100lb db's)

Tired as hell today, had plenty of strength just no endurance. Barely got my 5 rep sets in, think most of it was due to poor eating today.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
delsolrob Workout Logs 24
CaribouMT Workout Logs 5
Smont Cycle Logs 4353
-MVP- Workout Logs 1
Anthony_ Workout Logs 349