WOW--225lbs x 45 Reps--Is he a beast or just crazy?

Doug 225x45 Close Stance Smith Squat

"This video was taken at 9 weeks out from my warmup pro show and 12 weeks
out from the show I hope to peak at (IFPA Yorton Cup). I am already as
lean as I was last time I competed at 3 or 4 weeks out and am 10 pounds
heavier. My strength is great (even on a contest diet) and my endurance
is amazing. The combination or SuperCissus, Powerful, Sirplus, Anabolic
Pump, Pslin, and Camp (in addition to Core ABC) has been truly amazing.
I still feel amazingly full and get awesome pumps, even on my low carb
days. Thanks USP Labs for all your support during this contest prep."

Doug Miller

MgoBlue

MgoBlue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
that's friggin awesome!!! I just did a post in the workout section asking how I could improve on my legs. Back when I was in the Corps, my 1stSgt had tree trunks for thighs. He said to go high reps on all leg workouts. That's what I tried. Shape is there, but I'm lacking on the mass.. Might throw some lower reps into the mix.

45 - most impressive!!!:clap2:

dam225

Awards
that's friggin awesome!!! I just did a post in the workout section asking how I could improve on my legs. Back when I was in the Corps, my 1stSgt had tree trunks for thighs. He said to go high reps on all leg workouts. That's what I tried. Shape is there, but I'm lacking on the mass.. Might throw some lower reps into the mix.

45 - most impressive!!!:clap2:

Thanks for all the comments fellas. That was as painful as it looked. My goal was to get 200 reps. I got 210 in 7 sets (45,35,30,25,25,25,25). I then hit up 4 sets of leg extensions, innner thigh machine, and 8 sets of calves. My legs were sore to the touch for 5 days LOL. Its crunch time now. 7 and 10 weeks out so every workout has to count. The whole goal at this stage is not to get hurt an stay healthy.

The USP Labs stack Jacob has me on is truly ridiculous.

Doug

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the comments fellas. That was as painful as it looked. My goal was to get 200 reps. I got 210 in 7 sets (45,35,30,25,25,25,25). I then hit up 4 sets of leg extensions, innner thigh machine, and 8 sets of calves. My legs were sore to the touch for 5 days LOL. Its crunch time now. 7 and 10 weeks out so every workout has to count. The whole goal at this stage is not to get hurt an stay healthy.

Doug
o wow. ur the dude. wow. u da man !!

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
He's not human.
I love the guy towards the end sort of casually watching and walking by. Wonder what he was thinking :p

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established

Doug
Nice bit of work, Warrior! Awesome.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Why so many reps? Am I retarded or is that unusual?

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Nice wheels there man. Good work. Now you've gotta put one up w/ bench, too!

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
This was real. If you look at the people in the background, no doubt about it, those are 45 real reps... Fantastic. Big quads, too.

MgoBlue

MgoBlue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
had to watch that one again!! I think I'll watch it each time before I head off to the gym on leg days!!!

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
had to watch that one again!! I think I'll watch it each time before I head off to the gym on leg days!!!
yea if that dont motivate you I dont know what will,again bro much props

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
yea if that dont motivate you I dont know what will

Your avatar would probably work:food:

That was sick though, your legs look about to explode by the end.

I wonder how many that skinny guy who walked by at the end, pretending to stretch could get:think: :nutkick:

dhuge67

dhuge67

Awards
  • Established
I know it was hard, but isn't squating in the Smith Machine a lot easier than just having the bar sitting on your back?

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I know it was hard, but isn't squating in the Smith Machine a lot easier than just having the bar sitting on your back?
I would say different not necessarily easier.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I would say different not necessarily easier.
I agree. Kinda like using a hack squat machine. They really toast my quads without expending so much energy engaging my core heavily as with a free bar.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I was thinking the samething, and then the leg extensions? Almost sounds like a deathwish to me...I would have rather seen some breathing squats.

I saw a guy at the gym squating on the smith machine without hands. I think he was trying to show off.

And was the inner thigh machine like this one:

dam225

Awards
Just a quick update. This stack is nothing short of amazing. I'm 5 and 8 weeks out and am still getting stronger! I have never experienced this before!

tattoopierced1

craziest thing I've seen at my gym is a guy doing 200lb squats 140 times with no rest.

tattoopierced1

it was in our paper too... i can see if i can get the clip and post it on here.