Anabolic Pump FAQ

Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cheloz28 View Post
    I've been on AP for a while, not sure exactly but I think a little over 3months (I love the stuff). Should I take some time off of AP, if so how long?
    I personally have been using Anabolic-Pump for over a year (with virtually no breaks) with no negative side-effects.
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Sweet, thanks!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  158 lbs.
    Answers

I do Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and MMA. I want to take this but I don't wanna have to take a deuce during class. Is this going to make me?

Also, Is it ok to take this and Gaspari's Novadex XT together or should I wait until I'm done with the Novadex XT?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ben6485 View Post
    I do Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and MMA. I want to take this but I don't wanna have to take a deuce during class. Is this going to make me?
    99% of the individuals that use AP do not see this issue. As long as you are in good digestive health and stay away from things like alcohol, there are no issues.

Also, Is it ok to take this and Gaspari's Novadex XT together or should I wait until I'm done with the Novadex XT?
    As a matter of fact, I recommend it. I remember reading about AI's diminishing GLUT4 translocation in muscle cells... Anabolic-Pump will overcome this!
    Best of luck!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  158 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    Best of luck!
    thanks

do you have an answer for my question though?
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ben6485 View Post
    thanks

do you have an answer for my question though?
    Please see the bold'ed quotes in my original response to your message...

Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by ben6485
    99% of the individuals that use AP do not see this issue. As long as you are in good digestive health and stay away from things like alcohol, there are no issues.

As a matter of fact, I recommend it. I remember reading about AI's diminishing GLUT4 translocation in muscle cells... Anabolic-Pump will overcome this!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  189 lbs.
    Answers

Are there any age guidelines on AP because im 17 and quite interested in this and p-slin. Also could you tell me if symmetry-x is ok for me being 17?
    Thanks Tom
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Raladoc View Post
    Are there any age guidelines on AP because im 17 and quite interested in this and p-slin. Also could you tell me if symmetry-x is ok for me being 17?
    Thanks Tom
    Although these products are completely herbal and non-hormonal; Anabolic-Pump, P-Slin and Symmetry-X are all recommended for 18 and up.
  9. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Oatmeal vs Brown Rice vs Pasta

Which one is best when on Anabolic Pump

According to GI pasta has the lowest, then oatmeal, then brown rice.....so this the order of which will be most effective for AP?

Goal is fat loss while retaining (or gaining) muscle...
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GoHardOrGoHme View Post
    Oatmeal vs Brown Rice vs Pasta

Which one is best when on Anabolic Pump

According to GI pasta has the lowest, then oatmeal, then brown rice.....so this the order of which will be most effective for AP?

Goal is fat loss while retaining (or gaining) muscle...
    The ordering may be arbitrary. Personally, I would say either Brown Rice > Oatmeal > (plain) Pasta; or Oatmeal > Brown Rice > (plain) Pasta.
    I am strongly biased toward complex carbohydrates.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  11. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.
    Answers

never plain pasta always whole grain or multi grain pasta
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Answers

I stored up 5lbs. of glycogen and water after one week on AP 3x/day. I workout early AM and would take AP before breakfast (2 packets oatmeal, 1 serving Syntha-6), before lunch (usually some kind of sandwich with a large amount of whole-wheat bread, and dinner (some kind of pasta or sandwich).

It did make me a little bloated, but I did feel "pumped" all day. It was pretty cool. I didn't take AP Sat. or Sun, and I've peed like a racehorse and am back down 4lbs.

I should add that I didn't feel the bloat come on until Friday... I did a little experiment. I picked up a 1lb bag of Twizzlers (like 1500 cals of sugar). I popped a 4th AP for the day, and 15 min. later I started housing the Twizzlers. The next day is when I really noticed the bloat (watery skin). But, that has subsided now (Monday).
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Answers

i was thinking about taking AP but want to do my research first so i have a few questions
    1. dose it work (i read a lot about what it dose and how to take it but not so much if it works) id like to hear some stories of how it has worked for you
    2. are there any side affects or anything to worry about in the long run taking AP
    3. what will happen if i decide to stop taking AP will i go back to how i was before(with keeping a good diet)

if any one can answer this thanks and if i came on strong or wrong spot to post sorry
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by culversguy View Post
    i was thinking about taking AP but want to do my research first so i have a few questions
    1. dose it work (i read a lot about what it dose and how to take it but not so much if it works) id like to hear some stories of how it has worked for you
    2. are there any side affects or anything to worry about in the long run taking AP
    3. what will happen if i decide to stop taking AP will i go back to how i was before(with keeping a good diet)

if any one can answer this thanks and if i came on strong or wrong spot to post sorry
    No side effects that you need to worry about if you follow the simple dosing directions. Make sure you are eating enough complex carbohydrate, and you will be pleased. During Anabolic-Pump cessation, you simply return to the state you were prior to using Anabolic-Pump in terms of glycogen storage however, many continue to see increased efficiency of carbohydrate metabolism and increased Insulin sensitivity. These effects alone are envied by this public.
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'7"  215 lbs.
    Answers

From my experience

1. yes it does, well let me be politically correct, it worked for me i believe in the product, bt i cant speak for anyone else. I used it successfully for bulking and now im using it for cutting.

2. First time i took AP was around 2 years ago during my junior year in college. After i was done i experienced no side effects, even while on it. I am now using it today again after the 2 year hiatus.

3. Nothing. I did the same thing and went on as if i never took it. Only difference is that gains in weight and size where a lot slower. More then likely if dosed properly, like me, you will go back to Anabolic Pump b/c it gives results.

Never be afraid to come on strong. When you want facts you gotta shoot str8. Good questions
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Answers

thanks for the info on this i think im goning to pick this up next paycheck
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Answers

okay so I picked up AP and Took my first dose this morning and i read on the box and the bottle to take it only twice a day for 7 days but on the pamphlet thing it says take 2 twice a day for 5 days what one should i do and what does only taking 2 a day then going to 3 even do
  18. Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

okay so I picked up AP and Took my first dose this morning and i read on the box and the bottle to take it only twice a day for 7 days but on the pamphlet thing it says take 2 twice a day for 5 days what one should i do and what does only taking 2 a day then going to 3 even do
    I'd go with 5 days.

Reason we recommend starting off with 2 instead of 3 is because you are introducing a new substance to your body and we want to give it time to adapt.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Answers

Okay thanks
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Answers

is it normal to get a huge increase in hunger while taking Ap
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Answers

is it normal to get a huge increase in hunger while taking Ap
    Due to the increase in carbohydrate metabolism; you may see less bloat and better CHO assimilation which may translate into more frequent hunger return post-feeding.

So, it correct me if I am wrong (in your case) but, it is simply easier to eat more.....which is awesome...
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Answers

yea im chowing down like six full meals and my belly is getting flater i love it lol
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Answers

yea im chowing down like six full meals and my belly is getting flater i love it lol
    Perfect... What can be better than that?
  24. Registered User
    Answers

Hey folks, im trying to find my timing for this supplement. I tried eating a meal with carbs after 15 min from the ap dose and i felt a bit slugish/sleepy after eating, what does this mean?? I think it might have been a bit more than 15 min more like 20 does this matter really??

Also:
    im 150 lbs at 10% bf trying to lean out further, how many grams of carbs are optimal for me to take in a meal after a dose of ap for best results. Should everyone be taking 40g of carbs or why do you guys recommend diching at least 30g of carbs in a meal after ap dose?? does this apply to everyone? or the amount of carbs dependes on bodyweight, age , gender , etc. Read also that ap is not needed on say 20g or less of carbs a meal.

Feedback aor any comments

Thanks in advance
  25. Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shinivan View Post
    Hey folks, im trying to find my timing for this supplement. I tried eating a meal with carbs after 15 min from the ap dose and i felt a bit slugish/sleepy after eating, what does this mean?? I think it might have been a bit more than 15 min more like 20 does this matter really??

Also:
    im 150 lbs at 10% bf trying to lean out further, how many grams of carbs are optimal for me to take in a meal after a dose of ap for best results. Should everyone be taking 40g of carbs or why do you guys recommend diching at least 30g of carbs in a meal after ap dose?? does this apply to everyone? or the amount of carbs dependes on bodyweight, age , gender , etc. Read also that ap is not needed on say 20g or less of carbs a meal.

Feedback aor any comments

Thanks in advance
    It more than likely means that you are not getting enough carbohydrates. Try taking in 60 g of complex carbs 15 minutes after AP.
  26. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dexterium View Post
    It more than likely means that you are not getting enough carbohydrates. Try taking in 60 g of complex carbs 15 minutes after AP.

Hey dex, i was wondering if taking a double dose of ap would be able to substitute 1 pslin in sucking a good amount of carbs. I ask cause i just ran out of pslin and i like to do the monster shake protocol preworkout.
    In fact im actually waiting for my pslin/ap combo to arrive.

Let me know.
  27. Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Hey dex, i was wondering if taking a double dose of ap would be able to substitute 1 pslin in sucking a good amount of carbs. I ask cause i just ran out of pslin and i like to do the monster shake protocol preworkout.
    In fact im actually waiting for my pslin/ap combo to arrive.

Let me know.
    Yeah, about 2 AP is equal to 1 P-Slin so go for it.

Also if anyone has any questions feel free to private message me.
  28. Registered User
    Answers

Great product. Used sparingly over the course of 1.5 months (1-3 doses per day) and has really helped break a plateau in fat loss. Zero side effects.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BigNutz View Post
    Great product. Used sparingly over the course of 1.5 months (1-3 doses per day) and has really helped break a plateau in fat loss. Zero side effects.
    Thanks Nutz!!!
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  182 lbs.
    Answers

Question on stacking the AP/ P-Slin!

I'm trying to bulk up and slim a little belly fat down at the same time. My diet is clean and is running right now at 3500-3800 calories a day. I consume 350-380g carbs and 230g protein per day. This diet is my typical average day of food and doesn't vary to much. Dinner is pretty much the only thing that changes for me.

I need to find out what the best dosages to use are for each of the compounds. Say 2 AP per day? 1 P-slin? At what times do you think it would be most effective to dose them? Also, what about non work out days? I do a 4 day split with a 2 day break saturday and sunday.

7:30: Breakfast - Oats, Yogurt, 2 Eggs. Roughly 500 calories, 50g carbs.

9:00: Gym

9:45-10ish: PWO Shake - ON Serious Mass,milk, olive oil, liquid egg white, yogurt. 1000 cal, 165g carbs. (Do you think its to many carbs? I can cut back the yogurt if so but the serious mass alone is 125 carbs.)

12ish: LUnch 500 cals, 45g carbs.

2:30ish: 2nd Lunch 500 cals, 45g carbs.

4:30: Pre Dinner Snack 280 cals, 36g carbs.

6:00: Dinner Tough to nail this one down lol but its typically around 500-800 cals, 20g-40g carbs. Depends on how hungry I am by dinner time.

8:00: Pre Bedtime Shake ON Casein, milk, liquid egg white.330 cals, 19g carbs.

10:00: If restless I always take Somnidren GH.
  31. n87
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

I also have a quick question, just wanted to make sure.
    There is no creatine in AP or P-slin, is there?
  32. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by n87 View Post
    I also have a quick question, just wanted to make sure.
    There is no creatine in AP or P-slin, is there?
    Nope! Only USPowders DominATP and USPLabs Jack3d contain creatine.
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  33. n87
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Ok, thanks!
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  172 lbs.
    Answers

I thought I would ask in here instead of making a new thread. I was hoping you might be able to shed some light on the ideal dosing for me. I have to work around my work schedule. Below is my current schedule. I am dosing before and after my workout. Would you suggest moving my AP meal to Meal 3, for the 6-8 hr half-life? I am dosing it this way to have the AP+carbs before my workout. Thanks for the help.

Meal 1: 7:00am AP

Meal 2: 11:am

Meal 3: 2:00pm

Meal 4: 5:00pm AP

Workout 6:30pm-8:30pm (time varies in which I start my workout)

Meal 5: 7:45-8:30pm AP

Meal 6: 11:00pm
  35. Registered User
    Answers

As soon as I'm done my workout, I consume about 50grams of whey isolate. Then about 30-45 minutes later once I get home I have a nice whole-food meal with lots of complex carbs.
    So my question is when should I take this dose of AP? Should I take it before my shake as soon as I'm done my workout? Or after the shake and right before my carb meal? I remember reading something about taking AP after insulin has already been released makes it useless. So would the insulin from the whey "waste" my dose of AP if I did it after?
  36. Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

You should really make an effort to get some carbs in you immediately after your workout. Your body increases GLUT4 naturally when you workout. GLUT4 are the "doorways" to the muscle cell. Take AP before breakfast, before your pre-workout meal and before another meal other than pre-bed and post-workout. AP increases GLUT4 and working out increases GLUT4 so taking AP post-workout is kind of a waste.
  37. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dexterium View Post
    You should really make an effort to get some carbs in you immediately after your workout. Your body increases GLUT4 naturally when you workout. GLUT4 are the "doorways" to the muscle cell. Take AP before breakfast, before your pre-workout meal and before another meal other than pre-bed and post-workout. AP increases GLUT4 and working out increases GLUT4 so taking AP post-workout is kind of a waste.
    yo dex, if you dont mind me asking, why wouldn't you have ap for your las meal before bed??? wouldnt you be able to add about 30g carbs to that meal without worrying about those carbs being detrimental to your physique??

On a second question, i wanted to ask you, i have a carb up about 2 times a week where, as opposed to having a cheat meal, i have my diet and only add 100g extra carbs spread evenly throughout the day. and in this particular carb ups i do have carbs IN ALL 6 MEALS
    So i been using ap for 5 of those meals with the exception of the post workout meal as i did know about the post-workout response to nutrients in relation to glut4 stimulation in muscle cells as you mentioned above.
    So the question is, is it fine to have as much as 5 doses in these days or do you find anything bad on my particular protocol??? is it too much ap or will it loose effectiveness??

If it helps at all, i dont use ap other days in the week with the exception of breakfast. so in other words, im usning 1 ap cap per day and 2 of those days i use 5 caps.
    Any thoughts???
  38. Registered User
    Answers

yo dex, if you dont mind me asking, why wouldn't you have ap for your las meal before bed??? wouldnt you be able to add about 30g carbs to that meal without worrying about those carbs being detrimental to your physique??
    You could take Anabolic Pump before your last meal of the day. What Dex tried to point out was that, to minimize the risk of carbohydrate spill-over, it would be prudent to take your most carbohydrate-rich meals before the last meal of the day. If you choose to consume 30gr carbohydrates in your last meal of the day, however, you certainly could take an Anabolic Pump before that meal.

On a second question, i wanted to ask you, i have a carb up about 2 times a week where, as opposed to having a cheat meal, i have my diet and only add 100g extra carbs spread evenly throughout the day. and in this particular carb ups i do have carbs IN ALL 6 MEALS
    So i been using ap for 5 of those meals with the exception of the post workout meal as i did know about the post-workout response to nutrients in relation to glut4 stimulation in muscle cells as you mentioned above.
    So the question is, is it fine to have as much as 5 doses in these days or do you find anything bad on my particular protocol??? is it too much ap or will it loose effectiveness??

If it helps at all, i dont use ap other days in the week with the exception of breakfast. so in other words, im usning 1 ap cap per day and 2 of those days i use 5 caps.
    Any thoughts???
    Personally, I think an extra three capsules of Anabolic Pump should be enough for an extra 100gr carbohydrates. Generally, therefore, I would not recommend taking five to six capsules of Anabolic Pump daily. Yet, a large part of the answer to the question(s) you posed depends on how you have responded to those five capsules you took on your carb-refeed days. In particular, considering that you take five capsules only two days per week, and one capsule on the other days, sort of like pulsing Anabolic Pump, your current protocol should be fine, if you think you have responded well to it. If you feel lethargic on those five-AP days (probably due to carbohydrate-related energy deficits), you may reduce your Anabolic Pump intake via trial and error until you reach a maximum amount that works for you. The recommendation here may not be precise, but this is because your lifestyle and physiological status might make all the difference versus a different user, and consequently calls for some experimentation.
  39. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    You could take Anabolic Pump before your last meal of the day. What Dex tried to point out was that, to minimize the risk of carbohydrate spill-over, it would be prudent to take your most carbohydrate-rich meals before the last meal of the day. If you choose to consume 30gr carbohydrates in your last meal of the day, however, you certainly could take an Anabolic Pump before that meal.

Personally, I think an extra three capsules of Anabolic Pump should be enough for an extra 100gr carbohydrates. Generally, therefore, I would not recommend taking five to six capsules of Anabolic Pump daily. Yet, a large part of the answer to the question(s) you posed depends on how you have responded to those five capsules you took on your carb-refeed days. In particular, considering that you take five capsules only two days per week, and one capsule on the other days, sort of like pulsing Anabolic Pump, your current protocol should be fine, if you think you have responded well to it. If you feel lethargic on those five-AP days (probably due to carbohydrate-related energy deficits), you may reduce your Anabolic Pump intake via trial and error until you reach a maximum amount that works for you. The recommendation here may not be precise, but this is because your lifestyle and physiological status might make all the difference versus a different user, and consequently calls for some experimentation.
    Thanks for the reply, first off. To be completely honest, ive found this protocol very beneficial. In fact, ive found slight muscle gains while still leaning out and diet has stayed the same. I just didn't mention this because i didn't want the peps here in am to think i was just "trying to kiss ass"
    In fact, the first time i tried ap a long time ago i thought it was bunk, but somehow i was brought back to the product and after reading the ap manual manuscript i tried waiting 30 min protocol and its been almost magical, ive found ap DOES WORK. I mean, ive tried this diet fashion but, although fat loss was progressing, i was feeling bloated and lethargic at times due to the recharge from the carbs after acuple carb meals in the carb load days.
    But after doing the proper wait time for my body type, it almost seem as carbs are literally injected into the muscles. Fact is , i feel very energetic on those carb days to the point that i been doing two a days instead of working the two muscles at once since i have so much energy.
    Trust me , i freaking bought 3 ap/slin stacks when nutra was having that special some time ago, I just hope the goods dont stop , hehe.

I have a dream, though, maybe one day you guys will make a product that encapsules fat from a meal , that would make burgers and fries THE anabolic meal haha.

40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Answers

9am-BREAKFAST so 1AP caps at 8:45 right?
    12PM LUNCH 11:45 am caps right?
    3PM MEAL
    5PM-Protien Shake
    6PM Workout
    8 PM Dinner 7:45 1 AP Cap right?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. HELP ME write the Anabolic Pump FAQ
    By Guest in forum Supplements
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 01-23-2007, 08:11 AM