Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.33%
    Achievements Activity Pro

im looking into using anabolic pump, however, i love taking iron supplements to juice up those red blood cells for energy. ive heard that tannins either interfere with iron absorption, or help the body from gettin too much iron, depending on your goal; i guess its due to tannins ability to bind to iron. im wondering if the tannins extract in anabolic pump is an extract that is tannins, or an extract from tannins which would somehow override what usually happens when we take iron with tannins

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.93%

Hi,

I will be starting AP at the weekend but wanted to clarify the timing if working out early in the AM. I get up at 6am and then train at 6:30am after a light breakfast (protein shake with banana). I assume that it would be better to take the AP after the workout and 15 mins prior to the PWO shake? Then take the other 2 AP tabs at lunch (12'ish) and evening meal (5'ish).

Thanks
  3. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by thescience View Post
    im looking into using anabolic pump, however, i love taking iron supplements to juice up those red blood cells for energy. ive heard that tannins either interfere with iron absorption, or help the body from gettin too much iron, depending on your goal; i guess its due to tannins ability to bind to iron. im wondering if the tannins extract in anabolic pump is an extract that is tannins, or an extract from tannins which would somehow override what usually happens when we take iron with tannins
    Tannins are general inhibitors of iron absorption. As an iron supplementer, I presume you are conversant with some of the effects of heme-iron (animal-source) overload (increased free-radical assault, higher risk of type II diabetes, higher risk of colon cancer, and so on). Due to poorer absorption, Non-heme iron (plant) sources appear to carry less risks. In any case, disregarding the fact that Anabolic Pump may support relatively lower insulin secretion (=> more efficient "insulin response"), you may want to consider iron-uptake facilitators such as amino acids, citrate, and ascorbate, to neutralize the possible impact of Anabolic Pump tannins on iron absorption.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.61%

do u like oats with AP, or complex carb supp that have 53g of carb from 2 scoops?
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.27%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by moe1980 View Post
    do u like oats with AP, or complex carb supp that have 53g of carb from 2 scoops?
    I would rank oats before a carb powder simply due to the nutrition from oats. However, either will work well.
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.22%

i see some people go up to 4 AP per day when the bottle says 3 times, and the manual...Would this be ok? All of my meals have carbs anyways...
    Armed to the teeth.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.27%

Quote Originally Posted by manifesto View Post
    i see some people go up to 4 AP per day when the bottle says 3 times, and the manual...Would this be ok? All of my meals have carbs anyways...
    If you have 16-18 hour day, this would work.
    Try and space the doses out 4-6 hours.

However, I only have ever done 3 per day.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I workout in the evening. Usually around 6:30pm. Would taking AP post workout give me issues with sleeping?
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.27%

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    I workout in the evening. Usually around 6:30pm. Would taking AP post workout give me issues with sleeping?
    No, but just in case try it on a weekend day to be sure.
    It is 100% non-stimulant but because of the increased energy output, it may cause a mild disruption for some. However, I personally have never noticed an issue.
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Are there any added benefits in taking more then 1AP at a time?
    NSCA - CSCS
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.27%

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Are there any added benefits in taking more then 1AP at a time?
    If you arrive at this level incrementally, than yes. Do not start your 'cycle' off with 2 per dose, this will not have any benefit. If you slowly continue to add more carbs to your diet, after some time on Anabolic-Pump, you may add 2 capsules per dose. I have done this in rare occasions.
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%

Quote Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    If you arrive at this level incrementally, than yes. Do not start your 'cycle' off with 2 per dose, this will not have any benefit. If you slowly continue to add more carbs to your diet, after some time on Anabolic-Pump, you may add 2 capsules per dose. I have done this in rare occasions.
    Okay, I've been on AP for about 4 weeks now, and yesterday the girlfriend was cooking dinner with plenty o' simple carbs and I didn't want to be a **** and say I can't eat those simple carbs honey, so I doubled up the AP on this special occasion.
    NSCA - CSCS
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.27%

Okay, I've been on AP for about 4 weeks now, and yesterday the girlfriend was cooking dinner with plenty o' simple carbs and I didn't want to be a **** and say I can't eat those simple carbs honey, so I doubled up the AP on this special occasion.
    haha i 100% understand...
    Although Anabolic-Pump will not turn crap to gold, it may polish it a tad...
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.38%

haha i 100% understand...
    Although Anabolic-Pump will not turn crap to gold, it may polish it a tad...
    I'd be lying if I didn't consider taking a laxative before going over there, but I didn't want any false alarms right after we ate, that would have hurt her feelings about what she made.

A slight buffer is all I was hoping for, I definitely wasn't looking for crap to gold, rusted copper maybe.
    NSCA - CSCS
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.27%

I'd be lying if I didn't consider taking a laxative before going over there, but I didn't want any false alarms right after we ate, that would have hurt her feelings about what she made.

A slight buffer is all I was hoping for, I definitely wasn't looking for crap to gold, rusted copper maybe.
    haha I got you buddy...
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.67%

My question is on the powerfull and prime supps. (since they both have on and off day directions of usage) when it says use 5 days on and 2 days off...do they mean on the off days take the off day recommended dosage or do not take anything at all?
  17. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.26%

Quote Originally Posted by almerrick1 View Post
    My question is on the powerfull and prime supps. (since they both have on and off day directions of usage) when it says use 5 days on and 2 days off...do they mean on the off days take the off day recommended dosage or do not take anything at all?
    On an off day, you should not take them at all.

18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.58%

Currently I am trying to cut and added AP to my routine. I'm looking to see if I need to change anything.

Typically I take Leviathan/DCP upon waking, them AP about 45 minutes later, and then a shake of 1 cup whole grain oats, 52 grams whey, and 5 grams fish oil.

workout is about the same...levi/dcp, then workout, take an AP, wait 15 minutes then follow with a pwo shake of 84 grams dextrose, 10 grams taurine, 10 grams glutamine, 5 grams creatine mono, 52 grams whey.

about 5 in the afternoon I do the same as when I wake up.

Usually about an hour or so after the breakfast and afternoon shakes I eat something Southbeach style.

Any recommendations?
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.27%

Quote Originally Posted by bigrobbierob View Post
    Currently I am trying to cut and added AP to my routine. I'm looking to see if I need to change anything.

Typically I take Leviathan/DCP upon waking, them AP about 45 minutes later, and then a shake of 1 cup whole grain oats, 52 grams whey, and 5 grams fish oil.

workout is about the same...levi/dcp, then workout, take an AP, wait 15 minutes then follow with a pwo shake of 84 grams dextrose, 10 grams taurine, 10 grams glutamine, 5 grams creatine mono, 52 grams whey.

about 5 in the afternoon I do the same as when I wake up.

Usually about an hour or so after the breakfast and afternoon shakes I eat something Southbeach style.

Any recommendations?

In all honesty, this looks great. I personally cannot see a need for change.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.5%

since after i workout therz already a huge window which will shuttle everything in my muscles.....wouldnt it be better for me to just have a post workout shake with some ala and creatine, so i can harness the anabolic effects of insulin after working out, then take ap during my other meals......im not trying to be smart....i just wanna find the best way of getting big using this stuff...
    also...during my meals i take a multi vit containing 50 mg of ala.....will that be a problem??
    thanks guys
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.27%

Quote Originally Posted by ppycrsm View Post
    since after i workout therz already a huge window which will shuttle everything in my muscles.....wouldnt it be better for me to just have a post workout shake with some ala and creatine, so i can harness the anabolic effects of insulin after working out, then take ap during my other meals......im not trying to be smart....i just wanna find the best way of getting big using this stuff...
    also...during my meals i take a multi vit containing 50 mg of ala.....will that be a problem??
    thanks guys
    Many people use this protocol. They will save the Anabolic-Pump for their post workout meal.

This is fine.
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.77%

Is it normal to be more sensitive to AP's effects at different times of the day? I take AP in the mornings, one morning I took it and forgot to eat because I was stuck in a work thing for several hours but felt no ill effects. However if I take AP at around 5pm, 15 minutes later I get the massive urge for sugar.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.67%

Right now i'm following the scivation style cut diet. Every meal is 42g Protein, 10-15g or so of carbs from green veggies and the fat source, 15g of fat from almonds or pb. I do 6oz of grapefruit twice a day once in the morning and evening. Get around 30g of carbs with the grapefruit meals. Now I have had really good results with the diet, but have a bottle of AP laying around. Thought about possibly incorporating an AP 3 times a day during non grapefruit meals, i've read it doesn't work well with that type of carb. Was planning to strictly use ezekiel bread as my main carb with the AP meals. Also I do a carb up every 3rd day for one meal. Should I still do the carb up if I will be incorporating more carbs in? just running this by the experts to get some advice.
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.27%

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeSexy View Post
    Is it normal to be more sensitive to AP's effects at different times of the day? I take AP in the mornings, one morning I took it and forgot to eat because I was stuck in a work thing for several hours but felt no ill effects. However if I take AP at around 5pm, 15 minutes later I get the massive urge for sugar.
    I really do not know the answer to this one. I would assume it would have something to do with serum blood sugar, possible gluconeogenesis, etc.
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.27%

Quote Originally Posted by lagilicious View Post
    Right now i'm following the scivation style cut diet. Every meal is 42g Protein, 10-15g or so of carbs from green veggies and the fat source, 15g of fat from almonds or pb. I do 6oz of grapefruit twice a day once in the morning and evening. Get around 30g of carbs with the grapefruit meals. Now I have had really good results with the diet, but have a bottle of AP laying around. Thought about possibly incorporating an AP 3 times a day during non grapefruit meals, i've read it doesn't work well with that type of carb. Was planning to strictly use ezekiel bread as my main carb with the AP meals. Also I do a carb up every 3rd day for one meal. Should I still do the carb up if I will be incorporating more carbs in? just running this by the experts to get some advice.
    Ezekiel bread is a great source of carbohydrate to use with Anabolic-Pump. Anabolic-Pump on this type of diet really shines. On carb-up days you can reap the benefits of increased glycogen storage/uptake without having extremely high insulin response therefore we can minimize the fat gain.
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.67%

Ezekiel bread is a great source of carbohydrate to use with Anabolic-Pump. Anabolic-Pump on this type of diet really shines. On carb-up days you can reap the benefits of increased glycogen storage/uptake without having extremely high insulin response therefore we can minimize the fat gain.
    Would you start out just adding 1 slice(15g carbs/80cals) , to each of my 3 AP meals on top of my veggies and everything which would put total meal carb intake around 25-30grams. I'm doing about 2300 calories a day, so this will bump up my calorie intake by about 240cals I believe. So even at the higher calories level you think I would still be able to lean up? From my understanding its mainly about insulin control. If my understanding is correct and you have someone eating 2500cals a day but spiking insulin with high GI carbs frequently, then someone keeping insulin spikes to a minimum with low GI carbs, the person with better insulin control should be leaner. Anyhow with the increased calorie intake should I cut cals somewhere else, or leave it as is and I will still lean up?
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.67%

^^bump
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.33%

I am going to run and epi cycle.
    Pct set out and all above board.

My biggest problem is i react bad to bulking with carbs. size goes on no where except gut.

Im 183 lbs at 5'11.

I was wondering is anabolic pump a good product along with epi for some one like myself looking for dry lean muscle.
    im not looking to get huge and all that, im going for the more ripped hard lean look with a bit of muscle size.

I have been reading so much online about AP but every one has theories on how to use it.

So im looking for a little bit of guidance on the matter from the many well educated brains at anabolic minds
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.77%

On AP for a few weeks now and been noticing that when I get up fast I get a bit dizzy, is that a sign that I'm not eating enough simple carbs?
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.27%

On AP for a few weeks now and been noticing that when I get up fast I get a bit dizzy, is that a sign that I'm not eating enough simple carbs?
    I wouldnt say simple carbs, I would say carbs in general.

a. How long do you wait between dosing and eating?
    b. What dose your meal usually consist of? (portions please)
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.27%

Quote Originally Posted by lagilicious View Post
    Would you start out just adding 1 slice(15g carbs/80cals) , to each of my 3 AP meals on top of my veggies and everything which would put total meal carb intake around 25-30grams. I'm doing about 2300 calories a day, so this will bump up my calorie intake by about 240cals I believe. So even at the higher calories level you think I would still be able to lean up? From my understanding its mainly about insulin control. If my understanding is correct and you have someone eating 2500cals a day but spiking insulin with high GI carbs frequently, then someone keeping insulin spikes to a minimum with low GI carbs, the person with better insulin control should be leaner. Anyhow with the increased calorie intake should I cut cals somewhere else, or leave it as is and I will still lean up?
    I do not see any issues making this addition. That is my understanding as well. Although calories are the underlying measurement, there is much more to consider.
  32. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.77%

I wouldnt say simple carbs, I would say carbs in general.

a. How long do you wait between dosing and eating?
    b. What dose your meal usually consist of? (portions please)
    My diet isn't that good, I think it's the best I can do taking busy work into account. I'm not adding the carbs up but I'm sure they are well over 30g each meal.

6:00am Wake up drink lots of water. Take first AP.

30 minutes later have granola with skimmed milk, banana and agave nectar - roughly 60g of carbs.

5 hours later take another ap and 30 minutes later for lunch I have a wholemeal bagel which I think is around 30g of carbs with pre cooked salmon fillet or chicken.

3 hours after this a protein shake with skimmed milk.

2 hours later I take another AP and 30 minutes later have a wholemeal bagel with a chicken breast.

2 hours after this a protein shake with skimmed milk again.
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.27%

My diet isn't that good, I think it's the best I can do taking busy work into account. I'm not adding the carbs up but I'm sure they are well over 30g each meal.

6:00am Wake up drink lots of water. Take first AP.

30 minutes later have granola with skimmed milk, banana and agave nectar - roughly 60g of carbs.

5 hours later take another ap and 30 minutes later for lunch I have a wholemeal bagel which I think is around 30g of carbs with pre cooked salmon fillet or chicken.

3 hours after this a protein shake with skimmed milk.

2 hours later I take another AP and 30 minutes later have a wholemeal bagel with a chicken breast.

2 hours after this a protein shake with skimmed milk again.
    This looks pretty solid. Try adding 5-10g of carbohydrate to each meal. Maybe some fresh blueberries or something of the like. Never underestimate the efficiency and effectiveness of this product.
  34. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.05%

i brought some AP last year and its expiring in a few months so im deciding to use it.

how does this sound?

on training days, carb intake is only breakfast, pre, post workout.
    breakfast (30g)
    pre (60g)
    post workout shake (30g)
    post meal (60g)

i take 1 AP pre, 1 AP before post meal.

and on carbload days, i take AP before every meal (6/day)

rest days i normally split first 4 meals carbs, meal 5-7 fat/pro, so id take 4/day, 1 before each meal.

I got 1.5 bottles, so bout 130caps, so i got enough for bout 6wks
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.27%

Quote Originally Posted by LiLJaY View Post
    i brought some AP last year and its expiring in a few months so im deciding to use it.
    Good idea!

how does this sound?

on training days, carb intake is only breakfast, pre, post workout.
    breakfast (30g)
    pre (60g)
    post workout shake (30g)
    post meal (60g)

i take 1 AP pre, 1 AP before post meal.
    Sounds great.

and on carbload days, i take AP before every meal (6/day)
    I would not do 6 per day, I will cap it at 3/day if this is your first run of Anabolic-Pump. No need to do 6/day.

rest days i normally split first 4 meals carbs, meal 5-7 fat/pro, so id take 4/day, 1 before each meal.
    Again, I would split and start with 2-3 doses/day.

I got 1.5 bottles, so bout 130caps, so i got enough for bout 6wks
    Anabolic-Pump works well if the dose is increase incrementally. This is why we recommend starting with 1/day then slowly increasing to 2/day, eventually increasing to 3/day.
  36. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.05%

thanks mate,

id go 2 AP on rest days, 1 before meal 1, and 1 before meal 3..

on carb up days, id do 3, before meal 1, before pre, post meals.
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.27%

thanks mate,

id go 2 AP on rest days, 1 before meal 1, and 1 before meal 3..

on carb up days, id do 3, before meal 1, before pre, post meals.
    Looks stellar! Don't jump in to Anabolic-Pump to quickly, the results will be well worth it!

You may consider adding in some bulk P-slin for your carb-ups as well...

USPowders Bulk P-Slin @ NutraPlanet.com | IN STOCK AND ON SALE!
  38. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.05%

id throw it in my next order.

i got 1.5 bottles, going throw 15caps a week, so i should have enough for over 2 months..

might do a mini order soon.
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.27%

id throw it in my next order.

i got 1.5 bottles, going throw 15caps a week, so i should have enough for over 2 months..

might do a mini order soon.
    Awesome. AP-4-Life...
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.84%

I've been on AP for a while, not sure exactly but I think a little over 3months (I love the stuff). Should I take some time off of AP, if so how long?

Similar Forum Threads

1. HELP ME write the Anabolic Pump FAQ
    By Guest in forum Supplements
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 01-23-2007, 10:11 AM