Anabolic Pump FAQ

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by AM07 View Post
    Nope. But if it requires using simple carbs, then I see no reason taking the supplement in the first place since I don't consume simple carbs, and none of us should be if our goals are what we say they are.
    It does not require simple carbohydrates, but Dex was merely suggesting you may respond better with a mixture; this could be due to your insulin sensitivity predisposition.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.05%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Before I spend almost £40 on this product will someone please explain how Phellodendron the first ingredient, works in this formula .I have searched Google and despite the claim that only USP had heard of this plant/herb ,lots of information is available through Google, quote from one-Phellodendron has been used to treat gastric ulcers, bacterial infections, fungal infections, and diabetes. It has also been used for immunosuppression and as a topical anti-inflammatory agent.

I have no wish to knock this product as anecdotal feedback seems to be good, but if we are trying to create an anabolic window throughout the day , why not eat every 2/3 hours slow release carbs along with good quality protein.This will create an insulin rise ,and shuttle gradually nutrients into the bloodstream , but not a spike as in after training when its wanted.

For me personally supplement companies have to do a lot more hard work and research to convince me to buy their product. So many supplements contain herbs which have been used in folklore medicine for years and for something not related to bodybuilding. As soon as it gets into the bodybuilding arena , for some reason its the icing on the cake to getting the "physique of your dreams!"

So back to where I came in , can someone come up with information that will convince me to buy this product .I am not taken in by advertising claims .
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    It does not require simple carbohydrates, but Dex was merely suggesting you may respond better with a mixture; this could be due to your insulin sensitivity predisposition.
    But the thing is, with my diet, there is nothing that includes simple carbohydrates. I don't even consume a PWO shake; I just come home and typically eat a full meal containing complex carbohydrates and lean meat.

So should I take an AP right after my workout, then try having a PWO shake consisting of 50 grams dextrose with 35 grams whey 20 minutes later?

I don't understand how insulin sensitivity (specifically mine, which I doubt could be figured out just by the feel of things after I eat something) could have anything to do with this if I've tried eating at various times after taking the AP. So is it better if one has a higher insulin sensitivity (better for overall health) with this product than a lower sensitivity? Do the non-responders of this product tend to have a high insulin sensitivity?
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.05%

If you want to increase your own insulin sensitivity see what L.REA has to say about doing just that in his book "Building the perfect beast -naturally "

Before spending money on a product which may or may not work .After youve read what he has to say on insulin, then decide what you want to do
  5. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.52%

I believe the non-responders may have a higher resistance yes. AP often requires time to increase your sensitivity to insulin before it's full effects are realized. The increased glut4 creates an environment where less insulin is required thus less insulin is released. Over time the decreased levels increase sensitivity. For overall health this is a very good thing as even a cursory exposition to the effect of insulin will reveal it's intrinsically toxic nature.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

So do you think I may not be responding because my insulin sensitivity is high or low?
  7. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.52%

So do you think I may not be responding because my insulin sensitivity is high or low?
    I can only speculate, but you may have some resistance or "low sensitivity". I would suggest continuing using it with your existing diet and see if you start to notice some effects by the end of the bottle. Even if you are not "feeling" anything, the process I described above regarding the glut-4 translocation and reduced insulin release should indeed still be taking place if dosing as prescribed and that is reason enough for me to continue taking it.

Really, the overall health benefits of AP make any "pump", accelerated muscle gain or fatloss effects take second stage in my book.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  8. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    Before I spend almost £40 on this product will someone please explain how Phellodendron the first ingredient, works in this formula .I have searched Google and despite the claim that only USP had heard of this plant/herb ,lots of information is available through Google, quote from one-Phellodendron has been used to treat gastric ulcers, bacterial infections, fungal infections, and diabetes. It has also been used for immunosuppression and as a topical anti-inflammatory agent.

I have no wish to knock this product as anecdotal feedback seems to be good, but if we are trying to create an anabolic window throughout the day , why not eat every 2/3 hours slow release carbs along with good quality protein.This will create an insulin rise ,and shuttle gradually nutrients into the bloodstream , but not a spike as in after training when its wanted.

For me personally supplement companies have to do a lot more hard work and research to convince me to buy their product. So many supplements contain herbs which have been used in folklore medicine for years and for something not related to bodybuilding. As soon as it gets into the bodybuilding arena , for some reason its the icing on the cake to getting the "physique of your dreams!"

So back to where I came in , can someone come up with information that will convince me to buy this product .I am not taken in by advertising claims .
    Phellodendron has been shown to mitigate AMPk. AMPk is immediately involved in the glycogen uptake pathway via induction of GLUT4; especially in terms of contractile tissue. GLUT4 mRNA expression and translocation can be adversely affected by the downregulation of AMPk and other kinases.

Evidence:

Berberine, a Natural Plant Product, Activates AMP-Activated Protein Kinase With Beneficial Metabolic Effects in Diabetic and Insulin-Resistant States

Yun S. Lee1

Berberine has been shown to have antidiabetic properties, although its mode of action is not known. Here, we have investigated the metabolic effects of berberine in two animal models of insulin resistance and in insulin-responsive cell lines. Berberine reduced body weight and caused a significant improvement in glucose tolerance without altering food intake in db/db mice. Similarly, berberine reduced body weight and plasma triglycerides and improved insulin action in high-fat–fed Wistar rats. Berberine downregulated the expression of genes involved in lipogenesis and upregulated those involved in energy expenditure in adipose tissue and muscle. Berberine treatment resulted in increased AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) activity in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and L6 myotubes, increased GLUT4 translocation in L6 cells in a phosphatidylinositol 3' kinase–independent manner, and reduced lipid accumulation in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. These findings suggest that berberine displays beneficial effects in the treatment of diabetes and obesity at least in part via stimulation of AMPK activity.
    As stated, this study explains Berberine's ability to regulate energy expenditure as a whole - rather than simply glucose metabolism - in both myocytes and adipocytes. Further, it inhibited both differentiation and hypertrophy in accumulated lipids, most likely regulating the PPAR family. In terms of the AP-specific glucose effect, it lead to increased levels of GLUT4 in myocytes specifically.

Berberine-stimulated glucose uptake in L6 myotubes involves both AMPK and p38 MAPK

Zhe Cheng, Tao Pang, Min Gu, An-Hui Gao, Chuan-Ming Xie, Jing-Ya Li, Fa-Jun Nan and Jia Li

National Center for Drug Screening, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201203, P. R. China

Received 17 May 2006; revised 13 September 2006; accepted 13 September 2006. Available online 20 September 2006.

Abstract

Berberine is a plant alkaloid used in traditional Chinese medicine and has been reported to have antihyperglycemic activity in NIDDM patients. However, the molecular basis for this action is yet to be elucidated. Here we investigate the effects and signaling pathways of berberine on L6 rat skeletal muscles. Our study demonstrates that berberine stimulates glucose uptake in a time- and dose-dependent manner. Intriguingly, berberine-stimulated glucose uptake does not vary as insulin concentration increases, and could not be blocked by the PI 3-kinase inhibitor wortmannin. Berberine only weakly stimulates the phosphorylation of Akt/PKB, a key molecule in the insulin signaling pathway, but strongly promotes the phosphorylation of AMPK and p38 MAPK. The effects of berberine are not a result of pro-oxidant action, but a consequence of an increased cellular AMP:ATP ratio. Moreover, berberine-stimulated glucose uptake is inhibited by the AMPK inhibitor Compound C and the p38 MAPK inhibitor SB202190. Inhibition of AMPK reduces p38 MAPK phosphorylation, suggesting that AMPK lies upstream of p38 MAPK. These results suggest that berberine circumvents insulin signaling pathways and stimulates glucose uptake through the AMP-AMPK-p38 MAPK pathway, which may account for the antihyperglycemic effects of this drug.
    As stated above, AMPk regulates glucose metabolism through insulin-reactive, though not necessarily insulin-dependent, pathways. It has a weak affinity for Akt/PKB which are IR-dependent compounds, whereas both studies show a direct induction of AMPk/p38 MAPK, which are more or less GLUT4 specific kinases. This all leads to lower serum levels of insulin via increased glycogen storage while circumventing insulin's action.

Lagerstroemia (extracted for both Corosolic and Tannic Acid) works in a corollary manner - creating positive energy turnover ratios between adipocytes and myocytes.
  9. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%

It could very well be either. If you are sensitive to the action of insulin already, than the insulin-reactive pathways AP is mitigating will not see immediate benefit; similarly, if you have been insensitive to the action of insulin, AP may take some time to affect the above mentioned kinases.

How long have you been using the product?
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    I believe the non-responders may have a higher resistance yes. AP often requires time to increase your sensitivity to insulin before it's full effects are realized. The increased glut4 creates an environment where less insulin is required thus less insulin is released. Over time the decreased levels increase sensitivity. For overall health this is a very good thing as even a cursory exposition to the effect of insulin will reveal it's intrinsically toxic nature.
    I saw results immediately... I pretty much already had the carbohydrate content already setup in a configuration that's optimal for AP and P-Slin. Now, all I had to do was dose it 15 minutes before hand. I'm amazed.
    Freedom means nothing here.
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    It could very well be either. If you are sensitive to the action of insulin already, than the insulin-reactive pathways AP is mitigating will not see immediate benefit; similarly, if you have been insensitive to the action of insulin, AP may take some time to affect the above mentioned kinases.

How long have you been using the product?
    Today is Day 13. Dosing at 3 caps/day. Missed a couple dosages, but it shouldn't make a big difference. I dosed two this morning at once. Will also be dosing two more at once later this evening.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.05%

Thanks to mulletsoldier for the references, however having read Berberine : by Ray Sahelian, M.D., health benefits , I am not convinced that I should use this product.I am currently following the recommendations L REA has made in his book " Building the perfect beast -naturally" with regard to optimising insulin response and I see no reason to change.
    Last edited by corsaking; 05-18-2008 at 06:40 AM. Reason: word omitted in book title
  13. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%

Thanks to mulletsoldier for the references, however having read Berberine : by Ray Sahelian, M.D., health benefits , I am not convinced that I should use this product.I am currently following the recommendations L REA has made in his book " Building the perfect beast -naturally" with regard to optimising insulin response and I see no reason to change.
    Anabolic Pump is constituted by both Phellodendron, as well as Tannic and Corosolic Acid; the true 'star', so to speak, in this respect is Tannic Acid.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.1%

It's all about the tannins.
  15. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%

And Ray Shelian sells naturopathic products at improper standardization. That page, cora, was advertising.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.05%

Please dont get me started on tannic acid which is basic ingredient in the chemical staining of wood. The tannic acid or tannin is already present in woods like oak, walnut, and mahogany. Tannic acid can be applied to woods low in tannin so chemical stains that require tannin content will react.

the information taken from Wikipedia
  17. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%

Please dont get me started on tannic acid which is basic ingredient in the chemical staining of wood. The tannic acid or tannin is already present in woods like oak, walnut, and mahogany. Tannic acid can be applied to woods low in tannin so chemical stains that require tannin content will react.

the information taken from Wikipedia
    lol, You need to expand on your research. Dr.Ray Shelian and Wikipedia are are not necessarily 'worthy' research. If you spent more time you would have found these:

Antidiabetes and Anti-obesity Activity of Lagerstroemia speciosa

Guy Klein

Tannins comprise a large and diverse class of polyphenolic compounds (31,32). Our search for the active components in the tannin fraction of BE was made much easier after we discovered that commercially available tannic acid (TA) shows similar glucose transport stimulatory activity to BE (29). The main components of TA are gallotannins, a subclass of the tannins usually consisting of a glucose core connected to a variable number of galloyl groups via ester bonds (Fig. 5).

TA is known to exhibit various health-beneficial activities (33–36). As a constituent of red wine, it has been shown to effectively reduce blood glucose levels in type 2 diabetes patients (37) and the production of endothelin-1 (38), a key protein factor intimately involved in the development of cardiovascular disease (38). In our study, TA was found to be much more potent and efficacious than the ellagitannin Lagerstroemin (29). Therefore, TA was chosen as the focus of our research for isolating active compounds from the tannin fraction of BE. Components of TA were separated by HPLC, and active fractions were identified with a glucose uptake assay in 3T3-L1 adipocytes (29). The study led to the discovery of penta-O-galloyl-D-glucopyranose (PGG) as the most effective compound in TA (Fig. 5, 39). Both anomers of PGG occur in nature (40). The α-anomer was found to be slightly more active than the β-form in its glucose transport stimulatory activity (39).

.....From the known studies, we conclude that tannin molecules are responsible for the insulin-like glucose transport stimulatory activity of the banaba extract. Gallotannins such as PGG appear to be more potent and efficacious than ellagitanins such as Lagerstroemin in IR binding, IR activation and glucose transport induction.
    In this same study, they conclude that Corosolic Acid mediated Glucose uptake is stimulated via indirect, non-insulin dependent pathways; such as the activation of Insulin-reactive protein cascades.

Natural anti-diabetic compound 1,2,3,4,6-penta-O-galloyl-d-glucopyranose binds to insulin receptor and activates insulin-mediated glucose transport signaling pathwaystar, open

Yunsheng Lia

Abstract

Insulin mimetics from natural sources are potential therapeutics that can act alone or supplement insulin and other anti-diabetic drugs in the prevention and treatment of diabetes. We recently reported the insulin-like glucose transport stimulatory activity of tannic acid (TA) in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. In this study, we find that chemically synthesized 1,2,3,4,6-penta-O-galloyl-β-d-glucopyranose (β-PGG), one of the components of TA, as well as its natural anomer greek small letter alpha-PGG possess activity. Mechanistic studies in adipocytes with greek small letter alpha-PGG, the more potent of the two anomers, reveal that inhibitors that block the insulin-mediated glucose transport, including one that inhibits the insulin receptor (IR), also completely abolish the glucose transport activated by greek small letter alpha-PGG. In addition, greek small letter alpha-PGG induces phosphorylation of the IR and Akt, activates PI 3-kinase, and stimulates membrane translocation of GLUT 4. Receptor binding studies indicate that greek small letter alpha-PGG binds to the IR and affects the binding between insulin and IR by reducing the maximum binding of insulin to IR without significantly altering the binding affinity of insulin to IR. Western blotting analysis of the products of a cross-linking reaction suggests that greek small letter alpha-PGG may bind to IR at a site located on the greek small letter alpha-subunit of the receptor. Animal studies demonstrate that PGG reduces blood glucose levels and improves glucose tolerance in diabetic and obese animals. Our results suggest that PGG may serve as a model for the development of new types of anti-diabetic and anti-metabolic syndrome therapeutics.
    There is no need for the abrasive attitude, especially in respects to your lack of research.
  18. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%

Tannins comprise a very wide variety of polyphenol compounds in plant matter.
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.1%

Ray Sahelian is a person who uses his credentials to get paid by outside companies to tailor a writeup to suit that companies claims based on the company's product profile and the competitor's products. All in all, he's one that gets used to skew information; He's a pawn.

Another thing about Wikipedia... while it may be a somewhat useful compilation of facts and tidbits, don't take everything it says verbatim. And as far as tannic acid being part of a wood staining ingredient profile, uhhh... SO WHAT? It has no safety issues whatsoever. It's a potent phytochemical and polyphenol.

If you're so hefty with Wikipedia, look up sodium benzoate. As many know, it's a common preservative found in almost ALL canned and jarred products. When combined with vitamin C, it has been shown to form a compound called benzene. Benzene is a well known carcinogen.

Tannic acid has NO safety issues documented to this day.
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.1%

Dammit Mullet you beat me. You beat me by 5 minutes
  21. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%

Sorry. It is quite easy to characterize a product, or in the specific case compound, with a sweeping generalization based on one of its applications; however, it is more important to know why it can be used in that respect. TA is used in wood staining treatments as an innate polyphenol-reactor, so to speak - causing a reaction with the Tannins already present within the wood.

It is found in a wide variety of plant-matter, including red wine, and has a myriad of health benefits.
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.05%

It infortunate I picked the two websites i did to illustrate other uses of the two ingredients because they now have come in for criticism and take the attention away from my original message.

I apologise if i came across too heavy , but the research seems to be directed to preventing type 2 diabetes, reducing blood glucose levels in type 2 diabetes and obese patients.

So why would a healthy individual need this product ?As you can see I am still not convinced.The common denominator in any research always seems to be focused on either animals , or on people who would benefit from the ingredient the most because of some defect in their make up.

If you wish to come back on this please do , but this is as far as i go.Thanks for your time.
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.1%

It infortunate I picked the two websites i did to illustrate other uses of the two ingredients because they now have come in for criticism and take the attention away from my original message.

I apologise if i came across too heavy , but the research seems to be directed to preventing type 2 diabetes, reducing blood glucose levels in type 2 diabetes and obese patients.

So why would a healthy individual need this product ?As you can see I am still not convinced.The common denominator in any research always seems to be focused on either animals , or on people who would benefit from the ingredient the most because of some defect in their make up.

If you wish to come back on this please do , but this is as far as i go.Thanks for your time.
    Apology accepted.
  24. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.63%

Individuals use this product because it directs carbohydrates to muscle cells and away from fat cells allowing them to gain muscle and lose fat. Also they get insane pumps and good energy.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.28%

I have only used this product for one day and have already noticed the difference, on the first meal alone. No bloat and was actually still hungry, which is really odd since I even increased my carbs by 12g(40g to 52g on that meal). This is an amazing product, just pissed I only bought 2 during the sale.

On the downside, I think I was on the sh!tter 6 times yesterday with the damn runs. Is there any way to offset this? Use more carbs maybe, which I am planning on upping anyways (from 40 to 60-70 from oatmeal)? Of course, this could just be a coincidence and maybe the runs and AP are not correlated.
  26. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.52%

Quote Originally Posted by ajensen11 View Post

On the downside, I think I was on the sh!tter 6 times yesterday with the damn runs. Is there any way to offset this? Use more carbs maybe, which I am planning on upping anyways (from 40 to 60-70 from oatmeal)? Of course, this could just be a coincidence and maybe the runs and AP are not correlated.

"Cleansing" effect should taper down and subside with continued use. AP stimulates peristalsis in the intestines and also functions as an anti microbial. These two in conjunction can sometimes cause a change in bowel movement frequency and consistency. I experience the same thing when I first start an AP cycle but after the first week only the first dose of the day has me faithfully in the loo twenty minutes after dosing.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.28%

AP stimulates peristalsis in the intestines and also functions as an anti microbial.
    If AP is an antimicrobial, then would this negate the effects of Gut Health, and actually kill the bacteria?
  28. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.52%

As a drug, berberine has showed some activity against fungal infections, candida, yeast, parasites, and bacterial/viral infections. Don't think it has the negative effects of healthy flora like your typical antibiiotic such as the 'cillins.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.28%

As a drug, berberine has showed some activity against fungal infections, candida, yeast, parasites, and bacterial/viral infections. Don't think it has the negative effects of healthy flora like your typical antibiiotic such as the 'cillins.
    Isnt berberine the main ingredient in Nutraplanet's bulk yellow gold? Though I dont feel anything from that product, even going up to ~1.2g/serving.

Any chance AP is going to go back on sale for $35 any time soon? I really need to stock up, though I just did get 2 more at $38 for the current sale.
  30. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

If I feel nothing from the AP, do you think it's useless to even try P-Slin?
  31. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%

Not useless. I find many who respond poorly to AP do quite well with P-Slin.
  32. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.25%

I have few question:

1. As i read AP manual from Mulletsoldier, my body categorized as Carbohydrate Non-Responsive and should take AP 3 times daily. what is the best time to take it? I workout at 4.30 PM.

2. When I just wake up, i drink protein shake. can i take AP with my shake 30 minutes before eat my breakfast? or should i take AP before i have my protein shake.
    my breakfast are 80 grams oatmeal, 1 banana, and 1 glass juice of vegetable.

3. Can I stack AP with 3AD anabolic xtreme?

Thanks.
  33. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.63%

Quote Originally Posted by tg31 View Post
    I have few question:

1. As i read AP manual from Mulletsoldier, my body categorized as Carbohydrate Non-Responsive and should take AP 3 times daily. what is the best time to take it? I workout at 4.30 PM.

2. When I just wake up, i drink protein shake. can i take AP with my shake 30 minutes before eat my breakfast? or should i take AP before i have my protein shake.
    my breakfast are 80 grams oatmeal, 1 banana, and 1 glass juice of vegetable.

3. Can I stack AP with 3AD anabolic xtreme?

Thanks.
    1. Take it before breakfast, before pre-workout meal, before post-workout meal

2. I would say take before your breakfast. But don't take your AP right with your shake.

3. Yes

Any more questions? Private message me. Thanks!
  34. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.87%

I am expecting some AP in the next few days and would like just a little advice:

I usually work till about 4pm then go home and have a pre workout meal. Then 1.5 hours later i take 3 PowerFULL, and will be taking (its in the same order as the AP) Green Mag as well. 30 mins after this i'll do my workout.

Towards the end of, and after, my workout i'll start drinking Dymatize Mega Gainer (89g's of Carbs, Maltodextrin). About 1 hour later i'll have my dinner/post workout meal, Chicken and wholewheat pasta.

By now it'll be about 8.30-9pm and i'll goto sleep at around 11pm (having a protien shake before last thing before i do). So basically theres a period of 5-6 hours when i constantly digesting. How would i dose the AP during this time?
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.1%

Quote Originally Posted by TruffleShuffle View Post
    I am expecting some AP in the next few days and would like just a little advice:

I usually work till about 4pm then go home and have a pre workout meal. Then 1.5 hours later i take 3 PowerFULL, and will be taking (its in the same order as the AP) Green Mag as well. 30 mins after this i'll do my workout.

Towards the end of, and after, my workout i'll start drinking Dymatize Mega Gainer (89g's of Carbs, Maltodextrin). About 1 hour later i'll have my dinner/post workout meal, Chicken and wholewheat pasta.

By now it'll be about 8.30-9pm and i'll goto sleep at around 11pm (having a protien shake before last thing before i do). So basically theres a period of 5-6 hours when i constantly digesting. How would i dose the AP during this time?
    I would take it 15-30 minutes before breakfast, then again 15-30 minutes before your pre-workout meal, then again 15 minutes before your gainer concoction.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.87%

That would mean taking the final dose DURING my workout. Is that ok?
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.1%

Quote Originally Posted by TruffleShuffle View Post
    That would mean taking the final dose DURING my workout. Is that ok?
    Yeah, as a matter of fact, I would take Anabolic Pump after my workout before my cooldown. I would literally take it with water, then jump on the elliptical for 20 minutes, then get off and leisurely prepare my post-workout meal. I'll have some dried fruit, granola (gluten and nut free), and 50-60 grams of goat whey.
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.18%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    Yeah, as a matter of fact, I would take Anabolic Pump after my workout before my cooldown. I would literally take it with water, then jump on the elliptical for 20 minutes, then get off and leisurely prepare my post-workout meal. I'll have some dried fruit, granola (gluten and nut free), and 50-60 grams of goat whey.
    Perfection.

This will work very well.

Best of luck my friend!
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //
  39. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.48%

Would there be any benefits from adding some digestive enzymes into the mix when I take my AP?
  40. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.12%

Quote Originally Posted by Jmonster View Post
    Would there be any benefits from adding some digestive enzymes into the mix when I take my AP?
    In terms of efficacy, not necessarily; however, if you are experiencing gastrointestinal distress, a probiotic complex is my most immediate recommendation. Berberine is an anti-microbial, and at high enough dosage (the clinical trials do not demonstrate this negative effect) it can disturb mucosal membrane in the intestine, and induce a 'purging' effect of the bowels (peristalsis). This is a triggering of smooth contractile tissue, kept in check by the aforementioned mucosal lining.

Similar Forum Threads

1. HELP ME write the Anabolic Pump FAQ
    By Guest in forum Supplements
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 01-23-2007, 10:11 AM