Old Navy's Pslin/Anabolic Pump Stack Journal

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
Old Navy's P-SLiN/Anabolic Pump Stack Journal

Background

I am a 64 year-old natural master professional bodybuilder. I am training for the 2007 NPC Alabama State Championships on August 18th, my 21st competition since March, 2005. This will be my final amateur contest.

I hold Master Pro Cards in three natural (tested) federations, the NGA, the IDFA (Canada) and the WNSO-FAME (Canada and the US). I am entered in the 2007 NGA Pro Am Master Pro Class in Atlanta on September 8th. I will then compete in the 2007 FAME Master Pro Nationals in Miami on November 4th. I am also a NGA and NFPT Certified Personal Trainer.

During my three years of competition, I have used supplements from several companies, including Beverly International, Designer Supplements, Avant Labs, ALRI and USPS Labs.

I have a few more days to complete a 30-day test for Designer Supplements of their new product, ActiveTe Xtreme.

I am a Lightweight, usually competing at 150 pounds. I am 5'7" and come in at 5-7% body fat.

I work out five days-a-week, four days of weight training and one of cardio and abs. I take Saturday and Sunday off.

I lift heavy, going to failure as often as I can. I use good form and breathing technique. I work out with a training partner, who is usually one of my client-athletes. I lead the workouts.

I pretty well stay on a contest diet throughout the year, seldom going more than 8-10 pounds above my contest weight.

I eat six meals per day, including a pre and post workout meal. My diet consists of lots of chicken, fish, very lean beef, vegetables and appropriate carbs and fat. I drink a gallon of water per day.

I look forward to posting my journal on this new USPS Labs stack.

Let the Fun begin.

Attachments

Last edited:
john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Great intro old navy....pics look great too bro

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Awesome. Can't wait to see some input from an experienced natty pro.

Show us how it's done, ON. :clap2:

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Great intro and pics! I am looking forward to this, good luck.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I'm all in. :D

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established

While I am waiting for the supplements to arrive, I will go ahead and post my journal so you have an idea of my training regimen.

Monday, August 6, 2007, 12 Days Until My Final Amateur Contest

My wife and I helped our daughter change apartments at her college, so I couldn't train on Friday. I went to the gym on Saturday to do legs, calves, abs and tread mill. Over the weekend, I practiced my individual posing routine and posing rounds.

Weight: 148.4 pounds (67.45 kgs.) - Target Weight 150.0 pounds (68.18 kgs.)

With less than two weeks to go, I have gone below my desired contest weight. I will carb load when the time comes, to fill my muscle bellies and bring myself on stage at 150.0 pounds.

Today my training partner and I had a good chest and triceps workout.

Incline Dumb Bell Press - 3 x 8 - 55 pound dumb bells
Dips 3 x 8

Flat Bench Dumb Bell Press - 3 x 8 - 65 pound dumb bells
Dips 3 x 8

Decline Bench Dumb Bell Press - 3 x 8 - 60 pound dumb bells
Dips 3 x 8

Pec Deck - 3 x 8 - 150 pounds
Dips 3 x 8

Triceps Skull Crushers - 3 x 8 - 60 pound bar bell
Dips 3 x 8

Triceps Cable Push Downs - 3 x 8 - 65 pounds
Dips 3 x 8

Machine Crunches - 2 x 25 - 75 pounds

Tread Mill - 20 minutes at an elevated, moderate speed

We enjoyed this training session.

Last edited:
matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i see you like dips...

looking good bro!

supps. have not arrived yet, huh?

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
i see you like dips...

looking good bro!

supps. have not arrived yet, huh?
Nope, but I thought the "rules of engagement" in the original "call to arms," was that the chosen testers would receive the supplements and then all of us begin the test at the same time. That's why I am finishing my 30-day Designer Supplements ActiveTe Xtreme test this Friday, or sooner if we start the stack this week.

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established

Supplements have not arrived, so here is my regular journal post for today.

Tuesday, August 7, 2007, 11 Days Until My Last Amateur Contest

Weight: 149.4 pounds (67.91 kgs.) Target Weight: 150.0 pounds (68.18 kgs.)

After a re feed day of 228 grams of protein and 200 grams of carbs, I added back a pound of weight from Sunday, a low carbs diet day. This morning I looked hard, lean, vascular and full. It's coming together nicely.

Legs and Calves Training

Seated Leg Presses - 3 x 8 - 270 pounds plus the weight of the sled

Smith Machine Lunges - 3 x 16 - 160 pounds

Cable Hamstring Stretches - 3 x 8 - 100 pounds

Rumanian Dead Lifts - 3 x 8 - 150 pounds

Extensions - 3 x 8 - 150 pounds

Leg Curls - 3 x 8 - 125 pounds

Seated Calve Raises 3 x 25 - 150 pounds

Standing Calve Raises 3 x 25 - body weight

This was my last legs workout before my competition. I will do quads and ham flexes and stretches throughout next week, but no weight lifting.

Last edited:
Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established

The USP Labs stack has yet to arrive. I'm concerned that I might have to postpone starting the test until August 20th. Next week, I will be on a final prep scenario for my contest on Saturday, August 18th. My diet, water and training will be completely different than my normal regimen.

Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 10 Days Until My Next Contest.
Weight: 148.0 pounds Target Weight: 150.0

I have gone below my contest target weight in order to bring myself up to the desired weight with a Saturday morning carb load. Doing it this way will help fill out my muscle bellies and I will show hard and lean on stage at prejudging. That's the plan, in any event.

Today was dedicated to body weight exercises and cardio.

Weighted Pull Ups - 5 x 10 with a 10 pound dumb bell held between the feet. We did wide, narrow and hammer grip sets.

Hanging Leg Lifts - 4 x 25. We did extended leg curl ups and side curls in each set.

Slant Board Crunches - 2 x 25. We did these with a 6 pound ball which was thrown back and forth as we did each rep.

Machine Crunches - 2 x 25 - 70 pounds

Tread Mill - 20 minutes of 10 degree elevated at 4.0 mph speed.

We enjoyed the break from weight training, but we still were beat after this session.

Last edited:
Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
No Stack yet, so here is my normal journal post:

Thursday, August 9, 2007, 8 Days Until My Weigh-In.

Weight: 147.4 pounds Target: 150.0 pounds

Today I had my final 8 x 8 workout. Tomorrow, my training partner will do legs and calves, while I practice pose and do abs and cardio. I don't do any heavy legs work a week before a contest. On Monday, we will begin a week of circuit training, using light weights and lots of reps to "pump up" and harden before my contest on Saturday. I will also increase my posing practice and cardio. My training partner will go along for the ride.

Shoulders, Back and Biceps Training

Smith Machine Military Press - 3 x 8 - 100 pounds
Push Ups - 3 x 8

Smith Machine Shoulder Raises - 3 x 8 - 100 pounds
Push Ups - 3 x 8

Dumb Bell Shrugs - 3 x 16 - 60 pound dumb bells
Push Ups - 3 x 8

Hammer Strength Iso-Lateral Rows - 3 x 8 - 200 pounds
Push Ups - 3 x 8

Dumb Bell Curls - 3 x 8 - 25 pounds (standing and incline)
Push Ups - 3 x 8

Bar Bell Curls (I Go, You Go) - 10 x 5 - 50 pounds (10 sets of 5 reps, back and forth)
Push Ups - 1 x 10

Pull Up Curls - 3 x 8 - Palms facing towards you for the curl
Push Ups - 3 x 8

Tread Mill - 20 minutes of flat, moderate speed (3.5)

Great Workout.

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
Friday, August 10, One Week Until My Weigh In

Weight: 147.4 pounds Target 150.0 pounds

As this is my high carbs day, after three low carb days, I should see a slight weight gain tomorrow and look a little harder and leaner. My plan is to come up to my contest weight, instead of dropping down to the weight, as I usually do.

A business commitment kept me from the gym this morning. I will go on Saturday to do a light workout, some cardio and posing practice.

I'm feeling pretty good about my contest next week. I may just come in the best I ever have as I compete in my final amateur show, the 2007 NPC Alabama State Championship in Birmingham on August 18th.

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
aaaaaggggghhhhh...no supps have arrived yet. LOL

Saturday, August 11, 2007, One Week Until The 2007 NPC Alabama State Championships

I met one of my Distance Personal Training clients at the gym this morning and we did an hour of upper body circuit training, which I need to do for my contest prep next week. We did two full circuits of light weight, heavy rep exercises. I enjoyed the break from heavy lifting. I will practice my posing later today and tomorrow, a Figure competitor and her Bodybuilder husband are coming to my home to work on their posing for the NPC show on Saturday. It will be the second contest for Matthew, who is a young middleweight. We will do a few instructional rounds and then video tape a practice round so we can review the video together after the session.

I feel pretty good as I begin a series of low carb days. My water is up and I am hungry, in a good way. I'm hungry to do well at this show.

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Your supplements will arrive shortly :cool:

Sorry for the wait :D

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
Cool.

I will start the stack on Monday, August 20, after my contest on Saturday.

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
Monday, August 13, 2007, Five Days Until My Next Contest

Weight: 147.0 pounds Target: 150.0 pounds

I am on the second day of a four-day low-carb cycle. My protein is high and my water is high. I continue salting each meal, but will cut that soon. On Thursday and Friday, I will do two high carb days and add a creatine load. I'm feeling great and am looking lean and hard. I'm confident it's all going to come together nicely for prejudging on Saturday.

Today my training partner and I did circuit training. We worked several machines with sets of 20-25 reps with moderate weight. After, I did 20 minutes of moderate speed, level tread mill. Tonight I will go through three practice posing rounds - I am competing in three classes at this show.

These shots were taken on Saturday, one week out from my competition.

Attachments

Last edited:
Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established

The P-SLiN/Anabolic Pump stack arrived by DHL today. Now, I have a problem.

It took a long time to choose testers for this stack, and, it took a long time for the supplements to finally arrive.

Because of the delay, we have bumped into my contest prep for my NPC show on Saturday and my NGA Pro show on September 8th. There is no way I can load the required pre-workout carbs to make the supplements more effective during my contest prep diet. For now, my window of opportunity to test is closed.

My next opportunity for four good weeks where I could perform this test begins on September 10th, eight weeks before my next pro show on November 4th.

Here are our choices:

1) We can wait until September 10th for me to begin a solid four-week test and I'll keep a journal.

2) I'll pay you for the supplements and use them when it's convenient for me, without writing a journal.

3) I'll return the unopen bottles of the two supplements at my expense and say, "Thanks, anyway."

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established

The P-SLiN/Anabolic Pump stack arrived by DHL today. Now, I have a problem.

It took a long time to choose testers for this stack, and, it took a long time for the supplements to finally arrive.

Because of the delay, we have bumped into my contest prep for my NPC show on Saturday and my NGA Pro show on September 8th. There is no way I can load the required pre-workout carbs to make the supplements more effective during my contest prep diet. For now, my window of opportunity to test is closed.

My next opportunity for four good weeks where I could perform this test begins on September 10th, eight weeks before my next pro show on November 4th.

Here are our choices:

1) We can wait until September 10th for me to begin a solid four-week test and I'll keep a journal.

2) I'll pay you for the supplements and use them when it's convenient for me, without writing a journal.

3) I'll return the unopen bottles of the two supplements at my expense and say, "Thanks, anyway."
I would say just wait until the 10th. It will certainly be worth waiting for a log as good as I am sure yours will be. Relax brother, you are worth the wait .... and so is the stack! ;)

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
I would say just wait until the 10th. It will certainly be worth waiting for a log as good as I am sure yours will be. Relax brother, you are worth the wait .... and so is the stack! ;)
Cool. I look forward to starting the stack on Monday, September 10th. Meanwhile, I'll continue posting my journal here so there is some continuity when I begin the test.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007, Four Days Until My Final Amateur Contest

Weight: 146.8 Target: 150.0

I'm in the third of four low carb days and I'm really looking forward to loading up on Thursday and Friday for Saturday's contest.

Today we continued circuit training. We did 25 reps of 18 different exercises, covering all body parts. While my partner did leg extensions, leg curls and calve raises, I stood by and flexed my quads and stretched my hams, since I am not doing lower body work this week.

I continued the workout with a moderate hitt cardio session and two practice posing rounds.

I'm feeling great. Even with my low carb cycle, I had good energy and strength during my workout.

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - Three Days Until the 2007 NPC Alabama State Championships

Weight: 146.6 Target 150.0

I am in the fourth and final day of my low carbohydrates pre-contest diet. Tomorrow, I begin a two day load to fill out for the contest. My weigh in is Friday between 6 - 8 PM. I am competing in the Open Men's Lightweight Class and I'm sure I'll make the 154 1/4 pounds weight limit with no trouble. I am also competing in the Men's Masters 50+ & Men's Masters 60+ Classes.

Today, I did a pre-judging type pump up and practice posing session. I will do another pump up and practice posing session this evening.

I am feeling more and more excited as the day approaches. I know I am going to have fun and that's what matters. I enjoy competing. All that work, for about eight minutes on stage. Is it worth it? Oh, yes!

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
Thursday, August 16, 2007 - Check In Tomorrow

Weight: 146.6 Target 150.0

After four days of low carbohydrates, I began two days of load today to fill my muscle bellies and bring my contest weight to 150.0. I am consuming 300 grams of high glycemic carbohydrates and 150 grams of protein, all spread over six meals. I should look pretty "full" tomorrow and then my nutrition coach, Eric Brugh, and I will decide what to do on Friday. I'm keeping my water and salt high today.

This morning, after a pump up and posing practice, I did a full-body shave and exfoliation to prepare for my first professional spray tan this evening. I will have a second coat applied on Friday and then put on a coat of Dream Tan II at the venue on Saturday morning. That should make me dark enough for the competition.

I'm feeling confident, energetic and ready to Rock & Roll.

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
Friday, August 17, 2007 - Check In & Weigh In Day

Weight: 148.0 pounds Target 150.0

Today, I woke up hard and full after a high carbohydrates day yesterday. More of the same today. I pumped up and practiced posing at home this morning. I took a half-day of vacation from work and will leave the office at 1 PM. I will have my second spray tan applied this afternoon and head for the host hotel to check in at 6 PM. After my weigh in, I'll eat my last meal of the day. I'll also practice my symmetry, mandatory rounds and individual posing routine again tonight.

Prejudging starts at 10 AM on Saturday and the evening show at 7 PM. I'm as prepared as I can be. Someone is going to have to show up who is better to beat me. I have no control over that. I've done my job.

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Prejudging starts at 10 AM on Saturday and the evening show at 7 PM. I'm as prepared as I can be. Someone is going to have to show up who is better to beat me. I have no control over that. I've done my job.
Intense :cool:

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
Sunday, August 19, 2007

2007 NPC Alabama State Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Championships, August 18, Birmingham, Alabama

Results:

Men's Master 60+ - First Place (2007 NPC Mr. Alabama Masters)
Open Men's Lightweight - Fourth Place

70 outstanding men and women athletes stepped up on stage to compete in the NPC Alabama State Championships. The winners of each class became 2007 NPC Mr. or Ms. Alabama. The show was also a NPC National Qualifier, with the winners of each class invited to compete in the NPC National Championship for the next two years.

The competition was intense in this non-tested event. Every athlete brought their "A" Game to the stage.

There were nine NPC judges from Louisiana, Florida, Tennessee, Mississippi and Alabama. The contest started on time and ran smoothly, except for a little trouble with the music system. That happens, but everyone was "cool" about it.

This was my final amateur contest and I did manage to show up in the best shape of my life. Many of my fellow competitors and a number of people in the audience, who saw me at this show last year commented that I looked better than I did in 2006, when I placed 2nd in the Masters Class.

I had a good time performing a new posing routine and the audience responded in kind. All of the other routines were 60-seconds. The promoter allowed me to do my full 90-seconds version. Sweet

My senior grand master 60+ class was called the "Old Navy" division, because three years ago, I pestered the promoter, who is also the NPC State Chairman, to include a 60+ division in the State Championship. Last year he did, and said it will always be called the "Old Navy" division. So, my name is already on the trophy. It says, "2007 NPC Alabama State Championships-Old Navy-1st Place." Also Sweet.

I will enjoy my two trophies today, along with some excellent meals, and then put the trophies on a shelf, forget about them, and continue training on Monday for my first Master Pro Show, the 2007 NGA Pro Am World Cup in Atlanta in three weeks.

Last edited:
DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Congrats!

Your hard work and discipline really paid off.

:clap2:

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Nice! Congratulations, it's great to see all that hard work pay off so well. :)

Sunday, August 19, 2007

2007 NPC Alabama State Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Championships, August 18, Birmingham Alabama

Results:

Men's Master 60+ - First Place (2007 NPC Mr. Alabama Masters)
Open Men's Lightweight - Fourth Place

70 outstanding men and women athletes stepped up on stage to compete in the NPC Alabama State Championships. The winners of each class became 2007 NPC Mr. or Ms. Alabama. The show was also a NPC National Qualifier, with the winners of each class invited to compete in the NPC National Championship for the next two years.

The competition was intense in this non-tested event. Every athlete brought their "A" Game to the stage.

There were nine NPC judges from Louisiana, Florida, Tennessee, Mississippi and Alabama. The contest started on time and ran smoothly, except for a little trouble with the music system. That happens, but everyone was "cool" about it.

This was my final amateur contest and I did manage to show up in the best shape of my life. Many of my fellow competitors and a number of people in the audience, who saw me at this show last year commented that I looked better than I did in 2006, when I placed 2nd in the Masters Class.

I had a good time performing a new posing routine and the audience responded in kind. All of the other routines were 60-seconds. The promoter allowed me to do my full 90-seconds version. Sweet

My senior grand master 60+ class was called the "Old Navy" division, because three years ago, I pestered the promoter, who is also the NPC State Chairman, to include a 60+ division in the State Championship. Last year he did, and said it will always be called the "Old Navy" division. So, my name is already on the trophy. It says, "2007 NPC Alabama State Championships-Old Navy-1st Place." Also Sweet.

I will enjoy my two trophies today, along with some excellent meals, and then put the trophies on a shelf, forget about them, and continue training on Monday for my first Master Pro Show, the 2007 NGA Pro Am World Cup in Atlanta in three weeks.

Have you tried PowerFULL?

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
Hey, Guys, thanks for the Props. I'm really anxious to begin the P-SLiN/Anabolic Pump stack. It should help provide excellent prep for my November 4th FAME Master Pro National Championship.

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
PM address please.

have you tried cissus?
Again, no, but I read an interesting thread about cissus on the OCB web site awhile back.

Your timing is excellent. I have been a heavy user of Beverly International Supplements for the past three years and I'm looking for some new products to take me to the next level as I enter the Master Pro bodybuilding arena.

Again, no, but I read an interesting thread about cissus on the OCB web site awhile back.

Your timing is excellent. I have been a heavy user of Beverly International Supplements for the past three years and I'm looking for some new products to take me to the next level as I enter the Master Pro bodybuilding arena.
This is what Doug Miller just sent by e=mail

This video was taken at 9 weeks out from my warmup pro show and 12 weeks
out from the show I hope to peak at (IFPA Yorton Cup). I am already as
lean as I was last time I competed at 3 or 4 weeks out and am 10 pounds
heavier. My strength is great (even on a contest diet) and my endurance
is amazing. The combination or SuperCissus, Powerful, Sirplus, Anabolic
Pump, Pslin, and Camp (in addition to Core ABC) has been truly amazing.
I still feel amazingly full and get awesome pumps, even on my low carb
days. Thanks USP Labs for all your support during this contest prep

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1459101970772089921

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
This is what Doug Miller just sent by e=mail

This video was taken at 9 weeks out from my warmup pro show and 12 weeks
out from the show I hope to peak at (IFPA Yorton Cup). I am already as
lean as I was last time I competed at 3 or 4 weeks out and am 10 pounds
heavier. My strength is great (even on a contest diet) and my endurance
is amazing. The combination or SuperCissus, Powerful, Sirplus, Anabolic
Pump, Pslin, and Camp (in addition to Core ABC) has been truly amazing.
I still feel amazingly full and get awesome pumps, even on my low carb
days. Thanks USP Labs for all your support during this contest prep

Doug 225x45 Close Stance Smith Squat
I know Doug from the OCB site. His recommendation is enough to convince me to train with your stack. I have two Master Pro shows coming up: 2007 NGA Pro Am World Cup (Master Pro 50+) in Atlanta on September 8 and the 2007 FAME Master Pro National Championships (Master Pro 55+) in Miami on November 4.

Last edited:
Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
Monday, August 20, 2007, 19 Days Until My First Master Pro Contest

Stage shots from the 2007 NPC Alabama State Championships, Birmingham, August 18th

Body Building Senior Photo Gallery 2007

Results:

Super Grand Master 60+ "Old Navy" Division - First Place (2007 NPC Mr. Alabama Masters 60+)
Open Men's Lightweight Class - Fourth Place

After a great weekend with my face buried in the food trough, I'm back on my contest prep diet for my first Master Pro show in less than three weeks. The 2007 NGA Pro Am World Cup in Atlanta on September 8th, will actually be my second Pro Show. In May, I was the Guest Poser at the 2007 NGA Mountain States Regional Championship in Salt Lake City, Utah. Immediately after that show ended, I stepped back on stage and competed in the 2007 NGA Olympic Gold Junior Pro Championships, for first time Pros and placed Third. I didn't accept the prize money, but did accept the trophy, a fine leather jacket. Since I didn't accept the prize money, I was able to compete last weekend in my final amateur show, the 2007 NPC Alabama State Championships in Birmingham. It was great way to end my amateur career by winning the "Old Navy" Super Grand Masters Class to claim the title, "Mr Alabama Masters," in front of a home crowd. Very satisfying.

Now, that trophy and my trophy for placing Fourth in the Open Men's Lightweight Class is on a shelf, to gather dust, along with the rest of my statues.

Today, I continued my preparation for my Master Pro debut with a workout plan I dusted off and decided to use again for the next four weeks.

Widow-Maker Power Workout

The purpose of this plan is to grow lean, hard muscle mass by lifting heavy for several sets with little rest in between, using the same weight load and then doing a Widow-Maker set of many reps for the same exercise. The rest is 60-seconds between sets with a 20-30 seconds stretch or pose of the muscles you are working between sets.

Day One

Incline Bench Dumb Bell Press
6 x 6 - 60 pound dumb bells
1 x 20 - 50 pound dumb bells

Flat Bench Dumb Bell Press
6 x 6 - 60 pound dumb bells
1 x 20 - 50 pound dumb bells

High Pulls (wide grip upright row, pulling the cable to your forehead)
4 x 4 - 60 pounds

Laterals
3 x 8 - 25 pound dumb bells

Triceps Press Downs
4 x 10 - 75 pounds

Decline Dumb Bell Extensions
4 x 8 - 25 pound dumb bells

Hanging Leg Raises
2 x 25

Slant Board Crunches
2 x 25

A great workout.

Last edited:
Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 18 Days Until the 2007 NGA 8th Annual Pro Am World Cup, Atlanta

Weight: 150 pounds. (Weight is not an issue in Pro Masters competitions)

We continued the Widow-Maker Power Workout today and it almost made my wife a Widow.

The purpose of this plan is to grow lean, hard muscle mass by lifting heavy for several sets with little rest in between, using the same weight load and then doing a Widow-Maker set of many reps for the same exercise. The rest is 60-seconds between sets with a 20-30 seconds stretch or pose of the muscles you are working between sets.

Day Two - Legs and Calves

Leg Press
6 x 6 - 300 pounds
1 x 40 - 200 pounds

Smith Machine Squats
6 x 6 - 250 pound
1 x 30 - 150 pounds

Leg Curls
5 x 8 - 110 pounds

Leg Extensions
4 x 10 - 150 pounds

Seated Calf Extensions
3 x 25 - 150 pounds

Standing Calf Raises
3 x 25 - Body Weight

After this session, we limped to the locker room.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
"The purpose of this plan is to grow lean, hard muscle mass by lifting heavy for several sets with little rest in between, using the same weight load and then doing a Widow-Maker set of many reps for the same exercise. The rest is 60-seconds between sets with a 20-30 seconds stretch or pose of the muscles you are working between sets."

I won't lie...that sounds awful. lol

Kudos to you, ON, and congrats on your newest title. :box:

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 17 Days Until the 2007 NGA Pro Am World Cup in Atlanta

Weight: 149.0 pounds

Today was a non-weight training day in the Widow Maker Power Workout. We did 50's.

Machine Lats Pull Downs - 5 x 10 - 100 pounds, supersetted with
Pull Ups - 5 x 10 - Wide grip, medium grip, narrow grip, reverse grip

Dips - 5 x 10 - Body weight, in combination with
Push Ups 5 x 10 - feet on the bench, hands on the floor

Hanging Leg Lifts - 2 x 25 in combination with
Slant Board Crunches 1 x 50

This was a Fun workout.

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards
I wish I would have seen this earlier.
Awesome pics and congrats on your last comp. I look forward to your results in your nest one. Your training is excellent.

I cant wait until sept when you use P-Slin and AP. With your dedication and hard work Im sure you will see great results.

Oh yeah repped! Keep up the incredible work!

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
I wish I would have seen this earlier.
Awesome pics and congrats on your last comp. I look forward to your results in your nest one. Your training is excellent.

I cant wait until sept when you use P-Slin and AP. With your dedication and hard work Im sure you will see great results.

Oh yeah repped! Keep up the incredible work!
Thanks, Sapper...I believe I am going to be stacking more than just P-SLiN and AP. I have been talking with THE MAN, and a package is on the way to my home as I write this. On September 10th, after the 2007 NGA Pro Am World Cup, I am going to be a USP Labs athlete as I prepare for my final show of the year, on November 4th in Miami.

Thanks, Sapper...I believe I am going to be stacking more than just P-SLiN and AP. I have been talking with THE MAN, and a package is on the way to my home as I write this. On September 10th, after the 2007 NGA Pro Am World Cup, I am going to be a USP Labs athlete as I prepare for my final show of the year, on November 4th in Miami.
shipped today

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards
Well thats awesome.. Your Hardwork shows! I will totally be following your progress!

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 16 Days Until the 2007 NGA Pro Am World Cup in Atlanta

Weight: 148.0

We continued Widow-Maker Power Workout training today.

Day Three - Back & Biceps

Reverse Grip Barbell Row
6 x 6 - 135 pounds
1 x 20 - 105 pounds

Medium Grip Pull Down
6 x 6 - 150 pounds
1 x 20 - 100 pounds

Dead Lifts
6 x 6 - 155 pounds
1 x 30 - 135 pounds

Barbell Curls
4 x 8 - 80 pounds

Preacher Curls
4 x 10 - 60 pounds

Whoa. It was tough to catch our breath during this session. I was going to do cardio, but instead, I went to the locker room.

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
Friday, August 24, 2007 - Two Weeks Until the 2007 NGA Pro Am World Cup in Atlanta

Weight: 149.6 (After a Re-feed Day)

We continued Widow-Maker Power Workout training today.

Day 4 - Legs and Calves

Smith Machine Lunges
6 x 12 - 150 pounds
1 x 40 - 135 pounds

Seated Leg Curls
6 x 6 - 115 pounds

Smith Machine Wide Stance Squats (Feet wide apart, toes pointed out)
6 x 6 - 225 pounds
1 x 50 - 150 pounds

Dumb Bell Stiff Leg Dead Lifts
6 x 6 - 50 pound dumb bells

Step Ups (Step up, one leg at a time, on a high bench or aerobic step)
6 x 12 - Body weight

Donkey Press Seated Calve Raises
3 x 25 - 270 pounds + the weight of the sled

Standing Calf Raises
3 x 25 - Body weight

Slant Board Crunches
1 x 50 - Slow, with a squeeze/hold at the top of each rep

This was a nice way to end the week, tired and sore.

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
Monday, August 27, 2007 - 12 Days Until the 2007 NGA Pro Am World Cup in Atlanta

Weight: 148.2

Today my training partner and I put the Widow Maker Power Training workout plan on the shelf for a few weeks and began circuit training for my benefit. I am looking to burn fat, harden and cut for my contest in less than two weeks. We did two circuits of 20 rep exercises, working the full body. At the end of the hour, my heart was pounding and I was beat. I felt great. Yesterday (Sunday) I went to the gym for a cardio and abs session. I am focused and determined to come in at my best in my first Master Pro competition.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
"Whoa. It was tough to catch our breath during this session. I was going to do cardio, but instead, I went to the locker room."

No one in their right mind would blame you. lol

Keep up the great work!

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, bioman:

I am in the zone for this show. I'm focused...maybe a bit intense, but nevertheless, I'm having a great time prepping.

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

My USP Labs stack arrived in yesterday's mail.

I will begin using these supplements on Monday, September 10th as I begin training for my final Pro show of the year, the 2007 FAME North American Pro Masters Championships in Miami on November 3rd.

P-SLiN

Anabolic Pump

Powerful

Supercissus RX

I can't wait to begin taking these outstanding supplements.