AP/YG before or after workout?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
My normal routine is to wake up, pop supplements, shake up a light thin shake (24oz of water to 5g BCAA/5g Taurine/5g creatine monohydrate, 24g whey isolate) after taking No - shotgun and heading to the gym. I tried a couple of times to take yellow gold prior to the gym, but in taking in enough carbs so that I didn't feel nauseous or tired, I ended up feeling "fuller' than I like and didn't feel good working out.

So i've moved to doing the above pre-workout, post workout doing another shake the same way and using that to wash down the YG, and then preparing something carb heavy (been going with multigrain english muffins with a thin smear of almond butter for taste).

Would it be more beneficial for me to take the YG before the workout? I'd have to play with timing more to see how I could do it and get in enough carbs. I may play with matlodextrin, see if that makes it work more reasonably.

Oh yeah, and could you sell the bulk powerFull at NP in a larger size container? 150g doesn't last a month :)

Actually looking at it again, the recommendation is both before and after workout. Bulk yellow gold doesn't exactly come with big dosing directions on it. Anyhow, that raises a different question, why 2 doses so close together?

Last edited:
jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I would use it pre workout. You can add a dose post workout too. I always use 3/4 cup oats 45 mins. after my workout, with AP and a shake.