Cissus and prostate cancer

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can somebody tell me why cissus should be avoided in case of prostate cancer or family history of prostate cancer? There is a warning regarding this on most of the cissus products (e.g. USPLabs super cissus : Do not use this product if you have a family history of prostate disease. San's bone boost: Do not use this product if you have prostate cancer or prostate problems).
I've been unable to find any study or article on cissus and prostate health/prostate cancer relation.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
It's usually just a legal CYA. Cissus is good for healing and worth its weight in gold if you need it

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's usually just a legal CYA.
Can't be only that. Why didn't they put this warning on other products? whay did they mention specifically Prostate?
Would be great if someone from USPlabs could clarify that.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Can't be only that. Why didn't they put this warning on other products? whay did they mention specifically Prostate?
Would be great if someone from USPlabs could clarify that.
Maybe one of the mods wants to move this to USP forum? If not, you could make this thread in their sub-forum.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Bump - these are the kinds of threads that should be answered and stickied, threads that could contribute real new knowledge.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I would like to know this as well. Thank you.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
My prostate says it is kewl with cissus, as long as a throw a little massage it's way from time to time....

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
My prostate says it is kewl with cissus, as long as a throw a little massage it's way from time to time....

Heh, I was gonna say something, but that would've been too gay. :trout:

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
I have seen the above mentioned warning on creatine! And I highly doubt that creatine would mess with the prostate. I've been on cissus for a while now and I love it. Its Anabolic and it seems to heal any injury that I get.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
Ill bet it has something to do with the possible anabolic properties cissis may have and prostate inflamation

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have seen the above mentioned warning on creatine! And I highly doubt that creatine would mess with the prostate.
On creatine? which one? I've never seen it.

I've been on cissus for a while now and I love it. Its Anabolic and it seems to heal any injury that I get.
The question is not if we love the product or not but to know why is it bad to take if we have prostate cancer or family history of prostate cancer.

Would it say the same thing in 20 years? Are you sure of that? Sure enough to ignore the warning and not regret 20 years later?
Please let me remind you that almost everybody has history of prostate cancer in his family even if he is not aware of it. And this is exactly what they put on the label (Do not use this product if you have family history of prostate disease).

Personaly I prefer to know now what I'm taking. And would be good if UsbLabs who was the first to but cissus on the market and the warning on the label could explain and clarify.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
The key word in my statement is "healing properties." Cissus has a plethora of uses. I doubt anyone one here is a doctor so you are not going to get a concrete answer on weather is will cause or aggravate prostate cancer. IMHO is will not and it is perfectly safe and besides it is all natural. They have been using it in India for centuries and you don't see them all dying of prostate cancer. The bottom line is that if you don't feel comfortable with taking a product then don't.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Also, from looking at your other posts, you have a lot more to worry about from all the prohormones you have taken. I seen one of your more recent posts where you were contemplating TestE and Deca. So, if these powerful anabolics don't have labels on them then they are fine, you would rather worry about Cissus?!?

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The key word in my statement is "healing properties." Cissus has a plethora of uses. I doubt anyone one here is a doctor so you are not going to get a concrete answer on weather is will cause or aggravate prostate cancer. IMHO is will not and it is perfectly safe and besides it is all natural. They have been using it in India for centuries and you don't see them all dying of prostate cancer. The bottom line is that if you don't feel comfortable with taking a product then don't.
I'm not asking for a doctor opinion but opinion from people who commercialized cissus and put the warning on the label. I hope they know what they are doing and can clarify their statement.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, from looking at your other posts, you have a lot more to worry about from all the prohormones you have taken. I seen one of your more recent posts where you were contemplating TestE and Deca. So, if these powerful anabolics don't have labels on them then they are fine, you would rather worry about Cissus?!?

I see that you know how to use the search button. Good for you! but for your information all the anabolic steroids (here I'm talking about the commercial drugs and not underground products) have the same warning on their label regarding prostate issues. So people taking them they know the risque they are taking and why. But I think it is very weird to see on a legal, natural and supposedly safe product a warning linking the product to prostate disease or prostate cancer. Should we put cissus in the same category than AAS side effectwise? If this is the case then why do we say this is a safe product.

Beside that did I say that I wory about it? What's the link between my posts on AAS and this one? Are you sure I'm taking AAS? Are you sure my question regarding cissus is for me and not for somebody else?

Again I'm asking for an input from people who know what they are talking about and not from people who are here just to fire others or to defend/promote such or such product with no solid reasoning.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
I see that you know how to use the search button. Good for you! but for your information all the anabolic steroids (here I'm talking about the commercial drugs and not underground products) have the same warning on their label regarding prostate issues. So people taking them they know the risque they are taking and why. But I think it is very weird to see on a legal, natural and supposedly safe product a warning linking the product to prostate disease or prostate cancer. Should we put cissus in the same category than anabolic steroids side effectwise? If this is the case then why do we say this is a safe product.

Beside that did I say that I wory about it? What's the link between my posts on AAS and this one? Are you sure I'm taking AAS? Are you sure my question regarding cissus is for me and not for somebody else?

Again I'm asking for an input from people who know what they are talking about and not from people who are here just to fire others or to defend/promote such or such product with no solid reasoning.
Dude, just don't take it if you are worried. I'm not trying to get into a p****** contest with you. You might want to post this over at the USP Labs forum. They would be much better at answering your question regarding cissus.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Dude, just don't take it if you are worried. I'm not trying to get into a p****** contest with you. You might want to post this over at the USP Labs forum. They would be much better at answering your question regarding cissus.
Ok ok time for you mr.Fckface to stop being a noob and derailing an honest and good question.

If you dont' have an answer or cannot come close to one without attacking the OP then S.T.F.U and read other threads. Kthx:type:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Keep it civil or there will be bannings :hammer:

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Ok ok time for you mr.Fckface to stop being a noob and derailing an honest and good question.

If you dont' have an answer or cannot come close to one without attacking the OP then S.T.F.U and read other threads. Kthx:type:
His question WAS answered, there tuff guy. It has been said twice that he should take this to the USP labs section

Reem

Awards
I don't agree that just because it's natural it's safe.
I know of some plants, 100% natural.... cocaine and weed = safe?

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
I am quite sure that nobody is going to sell their child or rob someone for money just to get a hit of Cissus. You can't use that argument about cocaine. That is lame. I just feel that Cissus is healthy, its a good product that is being used by a lot of members on this board. I don't think it would raise Testosterone enough to cause prostate problems. Like I said before, Ive seen the warning about prostate problems on a lot of supplements. I feel that with our sue happy society, the supplement companies just have to protect themselves. This is just my opinion. I am not trying to offend anyone and I don't even know how I've managed to do that.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
I was doing some research on cissus and apparently it has beta-sitosterol in it, which lowers DHT, which in turn will actually help the prostate. There are a couple of threads on this subject on here.

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
They must have changed the label since I bought mine because mine has the legal boiler plate mumbo jumbo. Don't take if pregnant, under 18, have medical conditions, on prescription drugs etc. but nothing about prostate. Actually the words are EXACTLY the same word for word as what's on my Osteobolin-C bottle. They must have gotten it from the same place or it's some standard thing they put on every supplement.

We are not doctors. I would avoid Fried foods, sugars, and processed carbohydrates. I would explore perfecting diet before diving into any supplements. This advice comes to you as a Nutritionist not a supplement company owner.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We are not doctors. I would avoid Fried foods, sugars, and processed carbohydrates. I would explore perfecting diet before diving into any supplements. This advice comes to you as a Nutritionist not a supplement company owner.
And....
What about cissus and prostate? What about Your warning or ex-warning on the label of Cissus. Is your cissus safe to take if there is a family history of prostate disease? If it's safe what's the deal with the warning then?
Thanks in advance for clarification.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde12
The bottom line is that if you don't feel comfortable with taking a product then don't.
:clap2:
Easy and not enough! It's so easy to say take it or leave. But I'm not looking for an advice, I'm looking for an answer to my question.
What you are saying here is not an argument, doesn't proof cissus is safe (or not) and is not the answer to my question.
But thank for taking your time to reply to the post.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
weed is safe.
cocaine isnt.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Easy and not enough! It's so easy to say take it or leave. But I'm not looking for an advice, I'm looking for an answer to my question.
What you are saying here is not an argument, doesn't proof cissus is safe (or not) and is not the answer to my question.
I have taken cissus long term for about two years now.
I get a full physical/internal every 6 months. (full contact fighting locally so I have to see if i have inner injuries and stuff.)

honestly cissus actually helps my joints stay tighter and I rarely get sore.
and the doc says I have no problems with my prostate or anything else, except that i need to cut ddown on the sugar...

my two cents

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have taken cissus long term for about two years now.
I get a full physical/internal every 6 months. (full contact fighting locally so I have to see if i have inner injuries and stuff.)

honestly cissus actually helps my joints stay tighter and I rarely get sore.
and the doc says I have no problems with my prostate or anything else, except that i need to cut ddown on the sugar...

my two cents
Thanks for your valuable and constructive post. Althought it doesn't say why they put the warning on the label if it's safe (for this I would apretiate a comment from the product makers, but they seem to be more interested in nutrition than a question on the product they put on the market).

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your valuable and constructive post. Althought it doesn't say why they put the warning on the label if it's safe (for this I would apretiate a comment from the product makers, but they seem to be more interested in nutrition than a question on the product they put on the market).
Mostly every supplement I have seen has the prostate warning or something similar on the label.
I think its required by 'big brother' (us govt) or something.

as others have said if you post this directly in the usplabs forum, then you would get a more detailed answer.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mostly every supplement I have seen has the prostate warning or something similar on the label.
I think its required by 'big brother' (us govt) or something.

as others have said if you post this directly in the usplabs forum, then you would get a more detailed answer.
the only suplements I've seen with this warning are PHs AIs or any other hormone related supplement. But never on a herbal supplement. This is why I asked the reasoning behind this warning. And USPlabs reps and Jacob ae also posting here,If they wanted or could reply they would have already done.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
the only suplements I've seen with this warning are PHs AIs or any other hormone related supplement. But never on a herbal supplement. This is why I asked the reasoning behind this warning. And USPlabs reps and Jacob ae also posting here,If they wanted or could reply they would have already done.
I just went to my supplement cabinet and grabbed the first thing that I found, which was NO Explode and it says do not use if "difficulty urinating due to an enlarged prostate"

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just went to my supplement cabinet and grabbed the first thing that I found, which was NO Explode and it says do not use if "difficulty urinating due to an enlarged prostate"
First enlarged prostate is not prostate cancer. then the warning on NO products is more for urine retention than prostate issues directly. From what I did find urinary retention can be caused by free radicals and NO. Therefore NO products can exacerbate your condition if you have urinating problem. This can be an explanation for the warning on NO products. Which is not the case for cissus products.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
His question WAS answered, there tuff guy. It has been said twice that he should take this to the USP labs section
:wave: Oh ok :) sorry. Must have been feeling that you were being a bit of an unhelpful pr!ck. Looks like I was wrong. I apologize. Please forgive me :cheers:

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I must say most of the guys in this thread don't get the question and answer with:

1. I'm sure it's fine don't worry.

2. If you're not sure don't take it!

3. I have used it for "x" years and my prostrate is zooper healthy.

Please for all those that post from this point onwards the OP would like to know:

What is the reason for the warning on the container, NOT to use Cissus if you have prostate problems?

Nothing more, nothing less...kthx

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
:wave: Oh ok :) sorry. Must have been feeling that you were being a bit of an unhelpful pr!ck. Looks like I was wrong. I apologize. Please forgive me :cheers:
No problem dude. I have the bulk cissus, so I'm not sure what the label says. It probaly says don't use if you have prostate cancer. If I had prostate cancer, I don't think I would take anything.

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
What is the reason for the warning on the container, NOT to use Cissus if you have prostate problems?
Ok sorry for being a ar*e earlier.

Here's the legal reason for the warning :
DSHEA and other federal regulations require that safety information ie warnings appear on dietary supplement labels.
This includes safety information that is considered material to the consequences that may result from the use of the supplement.

So does this mean that somewhere a study found a link between cissus and prostate problems? I don't know.

Or is this just a legal thing to cover USP.

Also I just checked my primaforce cissus and the warning states "keep out of reach of children.Always consult a physician prior to using any dietary supplements."
No direct warnings relating to prostate problems.

So I'm leaning towards it being just a legal thing to cover USPLabs.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your replies guys. I would recommend that the OP email USP if they want to take this further then post the reply here.

<3 Neoborn <3