AP carbs and storage

hrdgain81

hrdgain81

Awards
I've been looking over all the info on AP for a while now. I will most likely pick up a bottle very soon, but there are some questions I need answered before hand.

1. AP "force feeds" carbs to muscle, but what is the upper bound? Muscle cells can only store so much glycogen, what is the cut off point? I am very carb sensitive, so this is very important to me.

2. AP blocks fat cell uptake, as with the previous question, once we reach saturation, what will happen to those excess carbs? Will they simply pass through, or will the fat cells begin to uptake after muscle cells are saturated?

3. For someone who is stacking the compound with cialabol, should I cut back the dosage?

I'm 5'11", 245lbs, prob around 25% bf now since i've been out of the gym and lazy for the last 3 months. I'm gonna focus on regaining my strength when I start back next week, but I obviously need some recomposition cause I'm fat again.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Can't say really but you're completely right about the upper limits of storage, which is why when you start use there should be some tweaking to find your personal upper limit.

Once you reach saturation? I honestly can't see that happening unless people are getting silly with carb intake, in any case it will not allow you to put on fat from carbs within the time it's active.

In the case of Cialabol you have to increase carb and water intake or lower the dose of Cialabol. It's as simple as that.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I agree with Ziricote's suggestions and i'd also suggest you stack in Damage Control Protoco, search around the board for more info on it, it stacks very well with AP.

hrdgain81

hrdgain81

Awards
yeah chaps i've been reading up on that also, I've used TTA before with limited effect due to cramping, but it seems that issue has been minimized.

Thanks for the help guys, I'm going to enjoy tweaking this and seeing what it can do.

I've been looking over all the info on AP for a while now. I will most likely pick up a bottle very soon, but there are some questions I need answered before hand.

1. AP "force feeds" carbs to muscle, but what is the upper bound? Muscle cells can only store so much glycogen, what is the cut off point? I am very carb sensitive, so this is very important to me.

2. AP blocks fat cell uptake, as with the previous question, once we reach saturation, what will happen to those excess carbs? Will they simply pass through, or will the fat cells begin to uptake after muscle cells are saturated?

3. For someone who is stacking the compound with cialabol, should I cut back the dosage?

I'm 5'11", 245lbs, prob around 25% bf now since i've been out of the gym and lazy for the last 3 months. I'm gonna focus on regaining my strength when I start back next week, but I obviously need some recomposition cause I'm fat again.

There's a saturation point with glycogen yes, but I don't know exactly what that is within a given cell. I would imagine it various according to the tissue type. To answer this question, there is no magical cutoff point to give to
any one person. It's something you have to discover for themselves. It's as simple as this though: You'll be far less likely to gain fat and more likely to store the glucose in muscle if you were to eat X amount of carbs and use AP versus eating that same amount of carbs and not taking AP.

To the second question, skeletal muscle and adipose are not the only storage sites for glucose, nor is glucose simply stored. The liver is also (along with muscle) a major site of storage for glucose as glycogen. In addition, glucose can be and is oxidized for fuel. In fact around half of the glucose you
take in is used by the brain (a glucose hog of sorts) with even the heart muscle and red blood cells using some as well. And so in the unlikely event that you did somehow consume enough glucose in a short period of time and you saturated all possible methods of storage, and all glucose which could be readily used was at a saturation point, insulin is going to be released.

So for an arbitrary or "made up" example:

You normally consume 100 grams of carbohydrates and afterwards X amount of insulin is released in order to get more glucose stored in muscle and adipose.
Let's say 70% of what can be stored goes into muscle, 25% into liver and 5% into adipose. Taking AP, because of its mechanism of action would allow you to consume 100
grams of carbohydrates and instead the amount of insulin required to be released would be drastically reduced and in addition, the percentage of glycogen in skeletal muscle would go up and the amount stored in adipose would go down.

hrdgain81

hrdgain81

Awards
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks usp, I'm looking forward to giving this a try.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
solomon-chan Weight Loss 15
Supplements 22
Nutrition / Health 7
cruze1911r1 Nutrition / Health 38
Anabolics 23