Team USPlabs Jimmy Robinson - Groundbreaking Off-season Log!

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by JRob23 View Post
    Oh how I love my breakfast and postworkout meals!!!
    I'll be back with my workout update later tonight.
    are those fruit loops i see?
    for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come 1 Tim 4:8

2. Quote Originally Posted by james122 View Post
    are those fruit loops i see?
    haha yessir
    fruit loops are part of my cereal rotation...
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

3. No morning liss with Shoulder work being on tap for the day! My traps are still a little sore and I was going to do lower body work, but wanted to get Shoulders in today so I can get Chest in on time this week. I always like to try and give a good amount of time between Chest and Shoulder workouts.

Got into the gym and started up with my normal warmup routine

BB Military Press (still warming back up into this movement) - 2 warmup sets - 135lbs - 15reps 155lbs - 12reps 185lbs - 10reps (didn't want to gas out by doing more reps to save my strength for the heavier sets) 225lbs - 8reps on own to failure - 175lbs - 12reps

Bent over Rear DB Raise - 30lbs - 15reps 40lbs - 12reps than over to 2sets on cables - Top Rear Cable Cross 1arm at a time - 30lbs - 15reps 25lbs - 12reps

HS Military Press 1arm at a time - 90lbs (a side) - 12reps 115lbs - 8reps 135lbs - 8reps w/slight spot

Med Grip Upright Row - 100lbs - 15reps 110lbs - 15reps 60lbs - 8reps with a ridiculously slow movement to just burn the muscle out

Normally that second pressing movement wouldn't be in there, but lately I've been including a secondary just for some unilateral pressing work. Most of the time it would be a second rear delt movement but, I haven't hit that HS machine in forever and it never hurts to change things up a bit

Finished up with 15min of liss on the tread and shot out of there to get home and eat!!!

Looks like the Hammies are on call for tomorrow!
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

4. Your a big ****ing guy bud! 225 of MP...Beast mode!!!!

5. wow 225 for military press is impressive sir.
    for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come 1 Tim 4:8

6. hehe thanks guys!

Not sure yet, but I may work back a little in weight and start owning the reps on sets like 205lbs and 215lbs instead of making that big jump from 185lbs to 225lbs. Wasn't able to handle the 2plates like I used too, so I may just have to work my way back up slowly again!

I'm also maybe able to move a bit more weight on the BB because I tilt my head back a bit to recruit a bit of the upper chest and work into that clavicular area!

Thinking it might be time for some DB work next week! I miss trying to kick those heavy ass DB's all the way up!! Well...not really...
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

7. No morning Liss today

Hammies were up to bat today...

Since the Hack machine (if to call it's like a mini version) we have at my gym has been broken, I thought I would give the oldschool hack a shot!

BB Hack/Deadlift w/bar behind you - after 2 sets I realized I was just wasting my breath and wasn't feeling it like I want in my hams.

Seated Hamstring curl 1leg at a time - 4sets x20,20,15,13reps

Laying DB Curl - 35lbs - 15reps 45lbs - 13reps

Standing Cable Single Leg Curl - 3sets x30,25,25 varying rep tempos

Adductor machine - 3sets w/ a whole bunch of reps

SLDL w/DB's - 65lbs - 12reps 80lbs - 12reps 95lbs - 10reps 105lbs - 8reps - taking the descent very slow and controlled with DB's as close to my body as possible, really aiming for feeling that deep stretch in the hams

Finished up with 15min of liss on the tread and that was that! Off from the gym tomorrow with a strength day for Chest lined up for Thursday. Not sure if I'm going to go with a 5x5 workout or a Rest Pause DC type compound only movement to begin with.
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

8. DB presses are AWESOME. I love doing them more than BB, especially on incline press. Also those are good curling numbers bud

9. Charged up and ready to roll for todays workout. Crushed a chest session not to long ago and still feeling nice and pumped! Flooded the muscle with tons of carbs and after I write this up...back to wrapping some presents!
    No morning cardio and today was a DC type strength day for Chest.

Warmed up as usual with my everyday shoulder movements, then rolled into some dynamic and ballistic stretching to really warm the muscle up nicely. I always spend a decent amount of time stretching, but when it comes to a day where I'll be handling heavier than normal loads, I definitely spend more time than normal.

Smith Decline BB - all warmup sets leading up to 1 workset
    135lbs - 12reps 185lbs - 9reps 225lbs - 6repsx3 - at this point my chest had a pretty good pump and everything felt nice and loosened up
    345lbs - 5reps RP 4reps RP 3reps

After giving everything I had into that final set, I was fried and didn't have much left in the tank, but the show must go on

Low Incline DB - all done with a pause press style - 70lbs - 9reps 85lbs - 8reps 95lbs - 8reps w/a little spot at the end and stopped short of failure

Weighted Machine Dips - 170lbs - 13reps 230lbs - 9reps 270lbs - 7reps stopped short of failure

Flat DB Fly - 55lbs - 8reps 65lbs - 7reps 75lbs - 5reps finishing on the neg

DB Pullover - 75lbs - 8reps taking it slow and deep to stretch everything out 105lbs - 6reps

Finished up with 15min of Liss on the tread and we now have another Chest session in the books!

Added 200cals to the diet yesterday and am going to keep a close eye on things. Going to keep the diet/gains at this pace and fine tune as needed as I keep moving upwards!
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

10. Happy Holidays to everyone from the East Coast!

Thought I'd share just a few pics of NYC! Love how it's only a 30min train ride from me! I go a lot in the fall...anyways, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

11. Back workout up to bat later!

Should be interesting...I'm going to do deads from the floor which I haven't done in forever!
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

12. Quote Originally Posted by JRob23 View Post
    Back workout up to bat later!

Should be interesting...I'm going to do deads from the floor which I haven't done in forever!
    Good luck bro

P.S. I can't believe you live 30 minutes away from NYC. There is soooooooooo many hot chicks

13. Quote Originally Posted by luelinks View Post
    Good luck bro

P.S. I can't believe you live 30 minutes away from NYC. There is soooooooooo many hot chicks
    hehe yeah, hop skip and a jump away!

30min train ride North to NYC and 30min car ride south to the Jersey Shore!
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

14. Got up this morning and hopped right on the tread for 15min of liss. Bumped my daily cals the other day, so I'll bring double sessions back in for a bit to help settle the additional cals in. I'll back off when I feel comfortable and that my body has adjusted to my liking.

Was looking forward to my back workout (well, I always look forward to every workout to be honest) today because I was going to be doing deads from the floor which I probably haven't done in a year or longer.

Between all of the prepping I've done for shows this past year and a half, I tend to lay off certain movements that won't make me want to collapse or heighten the risk of injury. Things like BB squats get replaced with incline press or smith squats and floor deads get replaced with rack deads.

Now that I finally have an actual off-season of more than several months, it's time to bring those big movements back in to help pack on some size!

Wide Grip pull ups - bodyweight - 12,10,10,9

DeadLifts - 135lbs - 8reps 225lbs - 8reps 315lbs - 8reps
    I wouldn't normally empty some of the tank on these lighter sets (well what used to be light) and save it all for the bigger numbers, but I honestly had no clue what I was working with after all this time off from doing DL's
    365lbs - 8reps and this is where I called it quits - included a pic because they're fun and interactive haha

Seated WideGrip Cable Row -140lbs - 12reps 180lbs - 12reps 220lbs - 8reps

DB Row - 100lbs - 9reps 110lbs - 8reps 120lbs - 6reps

Pulldowns to the front - I like these at the end sometimes to help stretch things out a bit and not have to worry about going heavy to get deep into the muscle - 120lbs - 12reps 160lbs - 8reps 140lbs - 10reps

DB Pullover - 75lbs - 8reps 90lbs - 10reps

Hit the abs with 4sets of hanging leg raises and 4sets of kneeling cable crunches. Finished things off with a second session of 15min of liss, and then was off to go fight all of this food!

It's was unfortunately my last day in the gym till Wednesday, "maybe" Tuesday. I'm leaving Sunday with some friends to upstate NY to go riding at WhiteFace mountain. I'll be sure to take plenty of pics and share when I get back!
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

15. Wow! What a trip...60mph winds on the smaller peak, main peak closed because it was too dangerous! INSANE conditions out there. We were literally fighting through the wind just to walk to where we needed to get to by the top of the trails after the gondola lift let us off. I can't even explain the madness it was up there once we got off. They later closed ll of the lifts down and the mountain all together because it was just that bad.

Riding was ok because the conditions weren't the best. No sun, way below 0 with the wind chill and the winds were whipping snow everywhere. Couldn't see where you were going, so high up...the snow that was coming down was hail at that elevation, so the winds were whipping you with hail...felt like pellets! Crazy stuff...but all in all a great time! Didn't take too many pictures when up on the mountain because it was just that bad I didn't want to take my glove off to reach in my jacket to get the camera lol

What was crazy was the timing in which we planned this trip and had totally bailed on this huge blizzard that dropped in just as we left. To come home to a ridiculous blizzard in which the town did little in the way of clearing the side streets kind of sucked. I was a bit down about not getting to see the first real deal snowfall back home.

Back home and ready to blast it. I'll be gearing up for a session tomorrow! Stay tuned....
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

16. Here are some shots from the trip.

Some of the ride was like a winter wonderland over there.

The olympic center (Olympics were held here in Lake Placid I believe in 1932 and 1980) in one of the pictures, also the ski long jump which is that really high building.

Our little cabin that we all squeezed in and finally some of the mountain itself.

Didn't get any of us on the mountain unfortunately because like I said it was just waaaay to intense up on the mountain to worry about that!
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

17. Then what I came back home to and as you can see, the pups are so tired from all the work they put in
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

18. Yesterday was a 5x5 style chest workout. I say style because I’ll use that method on my first compound movement and then add in varying rep and set amounts after. Some of the reps may be a bit lower on this day and DC style day as I’m looking to also stimulate different fibers. So I take a valuable training style and customize it into a plan that fits perfectly for me.

I didn’t do any morning cardio because I want the body to readjust to the cals and working out on its own first since I’ve been out the last 4days. I will bring some morning sessions back in after the New Year kicks off! Yesterday’s workout looked something like this:

Decline BB - 3warmup sets followed by 4sets of 5reps, with the last set being able to squeeze 6reps out
    • 135lbs - 15reps 145lbs - 15reps 185lbs - 10reps
    • 255lbs - 5reps,5reps,5reps,5reps,6reps

Smith Incline Reverse/Under Grip - 1warmup set to get the feel and another set with an easier to handle weight just to make sure all was good.
    • 45lbs on each side - 10reps 70lbs on each side - 10reps
    • 90lbs on each side - 10reps 100lbs on each side - 10reps

Flat Fixed HS Press
    • 220lbs - 10reps 235lbs - 8reps
    • 250lbs - 6reps and finishing on the negative

Decline DB Fly
    • 50lbs - 9reps
    • 60lbs - 8reps
    • 70lbs - 6reps finishing on the negative

Finished up with 15min of liss on the tread and that was it for the day!
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

19. Good numbers bro! Keep up the good work

20. No morning cardio yesterday. Quads were on tap with a couple sets of Hams thrown in!

Warmed up with 5min on the bike to get the lower body moving and warmed up. Threw my knee sleeves on afterwards and made my way to the squat rack.

Normally I rip into no less than 15reps per set for legs and felt I wanted to change things up a bit this workout. On each exercise for quads, I did no less and no more than 10reps. Didn’t go heavier or anything, but just changed wanted to change the pace up a bit and also because I hit all pressing movements which I normally don’t do. So I didn’t want to bury myself from both ends…high reps and numerous pressing movements!

BB Squats - about 2warmup sets and 2-3work sets
    • 135lbs - 10reps 185lbs - 10reps
    • 225bs - 10reps 275lbs - 10reps 315lbs - 10reps

After that I was huffing wind so bad from not doing legs so often and just getting back into squats! I can’t believe I was so conditioned with squats I used to be able to hit 315lbs for 20reps with no problem! They were a key movement for me than and I hit them on a regular basis, so I was definitely more in tune.

Incline Leg Press
    • 8 45plates a side - 10reps
    • 10 45plates a side - 10reps
    • 11 45plates a side - 10reps

Smith Front Squats
    • 70lbs a side - 10reps
    • 90lbs a side - 10reps
    • 110lbs a side - 10reps

Seated Hamstring Curl
    • 3sets with a fairly light weight, slow controlled reps and no less than 15reps

Stiff Leg Deads - went fairly light just to feel the stretch and compliment the pump from the hammy curls
    • 50lbs - 10reps
    • 55lbs - 10reps

No cardio afterwards and I just couldn’t wait to get out of there. It’s been a long time since I’ve hit legs with so many pressing movements in 1 workout and it really took a toll on me!
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

21. 20min of morning liss today and no gym time later!
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

22. I touched up on the Delts earlier today!

I did 15min of morning liss today and I'm going to get steady on these double sessions of cardio for some time now.

BB Military - 3warmup sets followed with 3work sets
    • 135lbs - 12reps 155lbs - 12reps 185lbs - 8reps
    • 205lbs - 8reps 225lbs - 9reps 225lbs - 8reps

Rear Delt Rope Pull
    • 72lbs - 15reps
    • 95lbs - 12reps
    • 105lbs - 12reps
    • 115lbs - 10reps

DB Military
    • 80lbs - 12reps
    • 90lbs - 10reps
    • 100lbs - 5reps - which I was a bit mad at because my first attempt to kick them up was a fail and I wasted a good amount of energy thinking I could get it past the point where I kicked them to. I regrouped, then got them up the next try and was only able to squeeze out 5reps which I’m sure I could’ve got 8. But on the other end, to be positive about things here, I was surprised at my strength towards the middle/end of my workout on these presses.

• 45lbs - 15reps
    • 90lbs - 8reps - dropset - 45lbs - 8reps - dropset - body weight - 8reps

Upright Row - used a bit of a narrow grip here
    • 100lbs - 12reps
    • 110lbs - 10reps
    • 80lbs - 12reps - dropset - 70lbs - 6reps - dropset - 60lbs - 4reps

Finished up with 15min of liss on the tread and that about wraps it up.
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

23. The first vid I posted was just to show that I did do 2sets of 225lbs. I only did 2 because my knucklehead friend hit the wrong button and only got the last rep of the first set of 225 lol. It sucked because it showed how I'm in complete control of all 8reps and only needed that spot on the 9th rep.

Come the second set, or retake lol I was pretty burnt and got 6solid reps on my own and needed a tiny spot come the 7th and 8th rep.

[nomedia=""]YouTube - last rep of 225lbs for 9reps[/nomedia] - first set, wish he got the whole thing lol

[nomedia=""]YouTube - Second set of 225lbs for 8reps[/nomedia] - second set
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

24. 15min of liss this morning and then shot off to take care of a quick job that needed help on.

Still looking pretty tight in the mirror at 207lbs. I'm going to tighten this weight up a bit more before I bump cals further.

I'm only 2 months into my offseason since my last show and have a long way to go! I'll reach 215lbs no problem like I was last time before I dieted down, but wont be as smooth and fat this time around at that weight. From there...I'm sure I'll be able to put on a couple more lbs since I'll be leaner, bringing me pretty close to 220lbs.

I'm in no rush to gain weight just to see the numbers go up because I want the right weight to be added. I feel I've done a pretty good job at this point and am going to keep moving forward at this pace!

I forgot to log a quick arm workout I had the other day which I'll add in here real quick.
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

25. I can’t even remember what day I did this on because the last few days have been pretty hectic lol

1arm DB Preacher Curl - 2warmup sets followed with 3worksets
    • 25lbs - 12reps 35lbs - 12reps
    • 45lbs - 12reps 55lbs - 10reps 65lbs - 8reps

Standing DB Hammer Curl
    • 35lbs - 12reps
    • 45lbs - 10reps
    • 55lbs - 8reps

EZ bar curl
    • 120lbs medium grip - 10reps
    • 120lbs wide grip - 12reps

Cable PushDown - 2warm up sets with 2worksets - varying between close and wide grip - I always start with some sort of press down to get some good flow and warm the elbows up
    • 55lbs - 12reps - close and wide grip
    • 95lbs - (whatever the whole stack is) - 12reps - close and wide grip

Seated Overhead DB Press
    • 105lbs - 12reps
    • 110lbs - 13reps
    • 120lbs - 10reps

Close Grip BB Bench Press
    • 225lbs - 12reps
    • 245lbs - 10reps

Finished up with 15min of liss on the tread and was in and out within the hour
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

26. Got on the tread this morning for 15min of liss.

Back workout was up to bat today and I took a couple videos as well

Pullups - pausing at the bottom on some reps to really stretch out the lats
    • Bodyweight - 14reps , 11reps
    • 10lbs - 8reps
    • Bodyweight - 8reps

BB Row - under grip pulling into the lower half of abs
    • 185lbs - 10reps
    • 225lbs - 10reps
    • 245lbs - 8reps

Rack Deads
    • 275lbs - 9reps
    • 315lbs - 8reps
    • 365lbs - 9reps
    • 405lbs - 10reps

Seated Cable Row - wide over grip
    • 180lbs - 10reps
    • 220lbs - 8reps
    • 200lbs - 9reps

DB Row
    • 80lbs - 10reps
    • 90lbs - 8reps
    • 100lbs - 8reps

Vbar Pulldowns - last 2 sets with a pause in stretched position on each rep
    • 160lbs - 8reps
    • 140lbs - 10reps
    • 120lbs - 10reps

Finished up with 15mins on the tread and was glad to get out of there. It’s madness in the gym with all of the resolutionites signing up!

[nomedia=""]YouTube - 315lbs - 8reps - Rack Deads[/nomedia]

[nomedia=""]YouTube - 365lbs - 9reps - Rack Deads[/nomedia]

[nomedia=""]YouTube - 405lbs - 10reps - Rack Deads[/nomedia]
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

27. Today was chest day with another 5x5 progressive routine set up.

I warmed up as usual with shoulder rotations and some rotator cuff movements with a 10lb weight.

Decline BB - 5x5 for this movement with 3 warmup sets
    • 90lbs - 15reps x 2 185lbs - 10reps
    • 265lbs - 5,5,5,5,5 - handled this weight for all 5sets with no problems. It didn’t move easy towards the end nor did I struggle. This was a 10lb progression from last week because last week’s weight was a bit easy to move. Next week, or when I choose to run another 5x5 compound movement on chest day, I’ll most likely only go up 5lbs from this weight.

Smith Incline Under Grip
    • 90lbs each side - 9reps
    • 100lbs each side - 8reps
    • 110lbs each side - 8reps

Flat Fixed HS Press - both arms move together opposed to the iso-lateral type machine
    • 235lbs - 9reps
    • 250lbs - 8reps
    • 265lbs - 7reps
    • 280lbs - 6reps

Decline Iso-lateral HS Press
    • 90lbs each side - 8reps
    • 115lbs each side - 8reps
    • 135lbs each side - 8reps

I finished up with 20min of liss on the tread and was out of there with the quickness. Trying to move through my workouts a bit quicker because it’s only getting more and more crowded as the minutes go by.
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

28. Today was some direct trap work, calves and abs!

Started off with some BB shrugs and then on to some Smith behind the back shrugs. I kept it pretty short and simple for traps because I did those rack deads the other day.

BB Shrugs - I did about 2-3warmup sets and then moved on to some heavier weight using some body language to help get a better rom
    • 135lbs - 15reps 225lbs - 15reps 315lbs - 12reps
    • 405lbs - 12reps
    • 455lbs - 12reps
    • 495lbs - 11reps

Smith behind the back shrugs
    • 3plates each side - 15reps
    • 3plates and a quarter - 12reps
    • 4plates - 12reps
    • 2plates - wider grip - 15reps

I moved on to calves and there’s not really much to say here.

Seated Calf Raise - 1leg at a time
    • A whole bunch of sets, bunch of reps, lots of different angles and just really given it to em

Standing Calf Raise
    • Only did 3sets here as heavy as the stack would allow getting roughly anywhere from 8-15reps a set

Then I shifted over to some ab work starting with hanging leg raises and doing about 4sets from 15reps down 8reps. Kneeling rope crunch working the stack heavier each set for about 3sets of 15-12reps.

Capped the workout off with 25min of liss on the tread (which is a lot for me lately) and am now ready for a bit of down time!

[nomedia=""]YouTube - 455lbs x 12reps - BB Shrugs[/nomedia]

[nomedia=""]YouTube - 495lbs x 11reps - BB Shrugs[/nomedia]
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

29. Jesus those are big number! Hey what gym do you go to?

30. Yeah I gave up on the lighter weight and more controlled movements with BB shrugs and started stacking plates. Since than, my traps have been getting killed!

I work out at a local chain, Retro...? Around my area we had a great gym geared towards bodybuilders and that's basically where I spent all of my years lifting. Untill they went under, I signed up to the next best thing around. For 20$ a month and being able to go to any Retro works for me!
    Jimmy Robinson
    IG @jimmyrob23

Similar Forum Threads

1. Jimmy Tango's Fat Busters
    By SilentBob187 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2008, 02:34 PM
  2. The Jimmy Kimmel Show!
    By 3PeteNC in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-10-2007, 04:27 PM
  3. NFL season kickoff whos your team?!?!?
    By BMW in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 08:19 PM
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-27-2005, 05:47 PM