Team USPlabs Jimmy Robinson - Groundbreaking Off-season Log!

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Back workout up to bat later!

Should be interesting...I'm going to do deads from the floor which I haven't done in forever!
    Jimmy Robinson

USPlabs Sponsored Athlete and Natural Pro Bodybuilder

2. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JRob23 View Post
    Back workout up to bat later!

Should be interesting...I'm going to do deads from the floor which I haven't done in forever!
    Good luck bro

P.S. I can't believe you live 30 minutes away from NYC. There is soooooooooo many hot chicks there...rich...hot...beautiful ...fit...chicks.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by luelinks View Post
    Good luck bro

P.S. I can't believe you live 30 minutes away from NYC. There is soooooooooo many hot chicks there...rich...hot...beautiful ...fit...chicks.
    hehe yeah, hop skip and a jump away!

30min train ride North to NYC and 30min car ride south to the Jersey Shore!
    Jimmy Robinson

•   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Got up this morning and hopped right on the tread for 15min of liss. Bumped my daily cals the other day, so I'll bring double sessions back in for a bit to help settle the additional cals in. I'll back off when I feel comfortable and that my body has adjusted to my liking.

Was looking forward to my back workout (well, I always look forward to every workout to be honest) today because I was going to be doing deads from the floor which I probably haven't done in a year or longer.

Between all of the prepping I've done for shows this past year and a half, I tend to lay off certain movements that won't make me want to collapse or heighten the risk of injury. Things like BB squats get replaced with incline press or smith squats and floor deads get replaced with rack deads.

Now that I finally have an actual off-season of more than several months, it's time to bring those big movements back in to help pack on some size!

Wide Grip pull ups - bodyweight - 12,10,10,9

DeadLifts - 135lbs - 8reps 225lbs - 8reps 315lbs - 8reps
    I wouldn't normally empty some of the tank on these lighter sets (well what used to be light) and save it all for the bigger numbers, but I honestly had no clue what I was working with after all this time off from doing DL's
    365lbs - 8reps and this is where I called it quits - included a pic because they're fun and interactive haha

Seated WideGrip Cable Row -140lbs - 12reps 180lbs - 12reps 220lbs - 8reps

DB Row - 100lbs - 9reps 110lbs - 8reps 120lbs - 6reps

Pulldowns to the front - I like these at the end sometimes to help stretch things out a bit and not have to worry about going heavy to get deep into the muscle - 120lbs - 12reps 160lbs - 8reps 140lbs - 10reps

DB Pullover - 75lbs - 8reps 90lbs - 10reps

Hit the abs with 4sets of hanging leg raises and 4sets of kneeling cable crunches. Finished things off with a second session of 15min of liss, and then was off to go fight all of this food!

It's was unfortunately my last day in the gym till Wednesday, "maybe" Tuesday. I'm leaving Sunday with some friends to upstate NY to go riding at WhiteFace mountain. I'll be sure to take plenty of pics and share when I get back!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jimmy Robinson

5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Wow! What a trip...60mph winds on the smaller peak, main peak closed because it was too dangerous! INSANE conditions out there. We were literally fighting through the wind just to walk to where we needed to get to by the top of the trails after the gondola lift let us off. I can't even explain the madness it was up there once we got off. They later closed ll of the lifts down and the mountain all together because it was just that bad.

Riding was ok because the conditions weren't the best. No sun, way below 0 with the wind chill and the winds were whipping snow everywhere. Couldn't see where you were going, so high up...the snow that was coming down was hail at that elevation, so the winds were whipping you with hail...felt like pellets! Crazy stuff...but all in all a great time! Didn't take too many pictures when up on the mountain because it was just that bad I didn't want to take my glove off to reach in my jacket to get the camera lol

What was crazy was the timing in which we planned this trip and had totally bailed on this huge blizzard that dropped in just as we left. To come home to a ridiculous blizzard in which the town did little in the way of clearing the side streets kind of sucked. I was a bit down about not getting to see the first real deal snowfall back home.

Back home and ready to blast it. I'll be gearing up for a session tomorrow! Stay tuned....
    Jimmy Robinson

6. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Here are some shots from the trip.

Some of the ride in...it was like a winter wonderland over there.

The olympic center (Olympics were held here in Lake Placid I believe in 1932 and 1980) in one of the pictures, also the ski long jump which is that really high building.

Our little cabin that we all squeezed in and finally some of the mountain itself.

Didn't get any of us on the mountain unfortunately because like I said it was just waaaay to intense up on the mountain to worry about that!
    Jimmy Robinson

7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Then what I came back home to and as you can see, the pups are so tired from all the work they put in
    Jimmy Robinson

8. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Yesterday was a 5x5 style chest workout. I say style because I’ll use that method on my first compound movement and then add in varying rep and set amounts after. Some of the reps may be a bit lower on this day and DC style day as I’m looking to also stimulate different fibers. So I take a valuable training style and customize it into a plan that fits perfectly for me.

I didn’t do any morning cardio because I want the body to readjust to the cals and working out on its own first since I’ve been out the last 4days. I will bring some morning sessions back in after the New Year kicks off! Yesterday’s workout looked something like this:

Decline BB - 3warmup sets followed by 4sets of 5reps, with the last set being able to squeeze 6reps out
    • 135lbs - 15reps 145lbs - 15reps 185lbs - 10reps
    • 255lbs - 5reps,5reps,5reps,5reps,6reps

Smith Incline Reverse/Under Grip - 1warmup set to get the feel and another set with an easier to handle weight just to make sure all was good.
    • 45lbs on each side - 10reps 70lbs on each side - 10reps
    • 90lbs on each side - 10reps 100lbs on each side - 10reps

Flat Fixed HS Press
    • 220lbs - 10reps 235lbs - 8reps
    • 250lbs - 6reps and finishing on the negative

Decline DB Fly
    • 50lbs - 9reps
    • 60lbs - 8reps
    • 70lbs - 6reps finishing on the negative

Finished up with 15min of liss on the tread and that was it for the day!
    Jimmy Robinson

9. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Answers

Good numbers bro! Keep up the good work
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

No morning cardio yesterday. Quads were on tap with a couple sets of Hams thrown in!

Warmed up with 5min on the bike to get the lower body moving and warmed up. Threw my knee sleeves on afterwards and made my way to the squat rack.

Normally I rip into no less than 15reps per set for legs and felt I wanted to change things up a bit this workout. On each exercise for quads, I did no less and no more than 10reps. Didn’t go heavier or anything, but just changed wanted to change the pace up a bit and also because I hit all pressing movements which I normally don’t do. So I didn’t want to bury myself from both ends…high reps and numerous pressing movements!

BB Squats - about 2warmup sets and 2-3work sets
    • 135lbs - 10reps 185lbs - 10reps
    • 225bs - 10reps 275lbs - 10reps 315lbs - 10reps

After that I was huffing wind so bad from not doing legs so often and just getting back into squats! I can’t believe I was so conditioned with squats I used to be able to hit 315lbs for 20reps with no problem! They were a key movement for me than and I hit them on a regular basis, so I was definitely more in tune.

Incline Leg Press
    • 8 45plates a side - 10reps
    • 10 45plates a side - 10reps
    • 11 45plates a side - 10reps

Smith Front Squats
    • 70lbs a side - 10reps
    • 90lbs a side - 10reps
    • 110lbs a side - 10reps

Seated Hamstring Curl
    • 3sets with a fairly light weight, slow controlled reps and no less than 15reps

Stiff Leg Deads - went fairly light just to feel the stretch and compliment the pump from the hammy curls
    • 50lbs - 10reps
    • 55lbs - 10reps

No cardio afterwards and I just couldn’t wait to get out of there. It’s been a long time since I’ve hit legs with so many pressing movements in 1 workout and it really took a toll on me!
    Jimmy Robinson

11. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

20min of morning liss today and no gym time later!
    Jimmy Robinson

12. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

I touched up on the Delts earlier today!

I did 15min of morning liss today and I'm going to get steady on these double sessions of cardio for some time now.

BB Military - 3warmup sets followed with 3work sets
    • 135lbs - 12reps 155lbs - 12reps 185lbs - 8reps
    • 205lbs - 8reps 225lbs - 9reps 225lbs - 8reps

Rear Delt Rope Pull
    • 72lbs - 15reps
    • 95lbs - 12reps
    • 105lbs - 12reps
    • 115lbs - 10reps

DB Military
    • 80lbs - 12reps
    • 90lbs - 10reps
    • 100lbs - 5reps - which I was a bit mad at because my first attempt to kick them up was a fail and I wasted a good amount of energy thinking I could get it past the point where I kicked them to. I regrouped, then got them up the next try and was only able to squeeze out 5reps which I’m sure I could’ve got 8. But on the other end, to be positive about things here, I was surprised at my strength towards the middle/end of my workout on these presses.

Dips
    • 45lbs - 15reps
    • 90lbs - 8reps - dropset - 45lbs - 8reps - dropset - body weight - 8reps

Upright Row - used a bit of a narrow grip here
    • 100lbs - 12reps
    • 110lbs - 10reps
    • 80lbs - 12reps - dropset - 70lbs - 6reps - dropset - 60lbs - 4reps

Finished up with 15min of liss on the tread and that about wraps it up.
    Jimmy Robinson

13. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

The first vid I posted was just to show that I did do 2sets of 225lbs. I only did 2 because my knucklehead friend hit the wrong button and only got the last rep of the first set of 225 lol. It sucked because it showed how I'm in complete control of all 8reps and only needed that spot on the 9th rep.

Come the second set, or retake lol I was pretty burnt and got 6solid reps on my own and needed a tiny spot come the 7th and 8th rep.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzMsD3CAmEw"]YouTube - last rep of 225lbs for 9reps[/nomedia] - first set, wish he got the whole thing lol

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9Z5N4FkVlE"]YouTube - Second set of 225lbs for 8reps[/nomedia] - second set
    Jimmy Robinson

14. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

15min of liss this morning and then shot off to take care of a quick job that needed help on.

Still looking pretty tight in the mirror at 207lbs. I'm going to tighten this weight up a bit more before I bump cals further.

I'm only 2 months into my offseason since my last show and have a long way to go! I'll reach 215lbs no problem like I was last time before I dieted down, but wont be as smooth and fat this time around at that weight. From there...I'm sure I'll be able to put on a couple more lbs since I'll be leaner, bringing me pretty close to 220lbs.

I'm in no rush to gain weight just to see the numbers go up because I want the right weight to be added. I feel I've done a pretty good job at this point and am going to keep moving forward at this pace!

I forgot to log a quick arm workout I had the other day which I'll add in here real quick.
    Jimmy Robinson

15. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

I can’t even remember what day I did this on because the last few days have been pretty hectic lol

1arm DB Preacher Curl - 2warmup sets followed with 3worksets
    • 25lbs - 12reps 35lbs - 12reps
    • 45lbs - 12reps 55lbs - 10reps 65lbs - 8reps

Standing DB Hammer Curl
    • 35lbs - 12reps
    • 45lbs - 10reps
    • 55lbs - 8reps

EZ bar curl
    • 120lbs medium grip - 10reps
    • 120lbs wide grip - 12reps

Cable PushDown - 2warm up sets with 2worksets - varying between close and wide grip - I always start with some sort of press down to get some good flow and warm the elbows up
    • 55lbs - 12reps - close and wide grip
    • 95lbs - (whatever the whole stack is) - 12reps - close and wide grip

Seated Overhead DB Press
    • 105lbs - 12reps
    • 110lbs - 13reps
    • 120lbs - 10reps

Close Grip BB Bench Press
    • 225lbs - 12reps
    • 245lbs - 10reps

Finished up with 15min of liss on the tread and was in and out within the hour
    Jimmy Robinson

16. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Got on the tread this morning for 15min of liss.

Back workout was up to bat today and I took a couple videos as well

Pullups - pausing at the bottom on some reps to really stretch out the lats
    • Bodyweight - 14reps , 11reps
    • 10lbs - 8reps
    • Bodyweight - 8reps

BB Row - under grip pulling into the lower half of abs
    • 185lbs - 10reps
    • 225lbs - 10reps
    • 245lbs - 8reps

Rack Deads
    • 275lbs - 9reps
    • 315lbs - 8reps
    • 365lbs - 9reps
    • 405lbs - 10reps

Seated Cable Row - wide over grip
    • 180lbs - 10reps
    • 220lbs - 8reps
    • 200lbs - 9reps

DB Row
    • 80lbs - 10reps
    • 90lbs - 8reps
    • 100lbs - 8reps

Vbar Pulldowns - last 2 sets with a pause in stretched position on each rep
    • 160lbs - 8reps
    • 140lbs - 10reps
    • 120lbs - 10reps

Finished up with 15mins on the tread and was glad to get out of there. It’s madness in the gym with all of the resolutionites signing up!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl0CNd-aHkE"]YouTube - 315lbs - 8reps - Rack Deads[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWake0hkJBk"]YouTube - 365lbs - 9reps - Rack Deads[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRiLFIElAbk"]YouTube - 405lbs - 10reps - Rack Deads[/nomedia]
    Jimmy Robinson

17. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Today was chest day with another 5x5 progressive routine set up.

I warmed up as usual with shoulder rotations and some rotator cuff movements with a 10lb weight.

Decline BB - 5x5 for this movement with 3 warmup sets
    • 90lbs - 15reps x 2 185lbs - 10reps
    • 265lbs - 5,5,5,5,5 - handled this weight for all 5sets with no problems. It didn’t move easy towards the end nor did I struggle. This was a 10lb progression from last week because last week’s weight was a bit easy to move. Next week, or when I choose to run another 5x5 compound movement on chest day, I’ll most likely only go up 5lbs from this weight.

Smith Incline Under Grip
    • 90lbs each side - 9reps
    • 100lbs each side - 8reps
    • 110lbs each side - 8reps

Flat Fixed HS Press - both arms move together opposed to the iso-lateral type machine
    • 235lbs - 9reps
    • 250lbs - 8reps
    • 265lbs - 7reps
    • 280lbs - 6reps

Decline Iso-lateral HS Press
    • 90lbs each side - 8reps
    • 115lbs each side - 8reps
    • 135lbs each side - 8reps

I finished up with 20min of liss on the tread and was out of there with the quickness. Trying to move through my workouts a bit quicker because it’s only getting more and more crowded as the minutes go by.
    Jimmy Robinson

18. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Today was some direct trap work, calves and abs!

Started off with some BB shrugs and then on to some Smith behind the back shrugs. I kept it pretty short and simple for traps because I did those rack deads the other day.

BB Shrugs - I did about 2-3warmup sets and then moved on to some heavier weight using some body language to help get a better rom
    • 135lbs - 15reps 225lbs - 15reps 315lbs - 12reps
    • 405lbs - 12reps
    • 455lbs - 12reps
    • 495lbs - 11reps

Smith behind the back shrugs
    • 3plates each side - 15reps
    • 3plates and a quarter - 12reps
    • 4plates - 12reps
    • 2plates - wider grip - 15reps

I moved on to calves and there’s not really much to say here.

Seated Calf Raise - 1leg at a time
    • A whole bunch of sets, bunch of reps, lots of different angles and just really given it to em

Standing Calf Raise
    • Only did 3sets here as heavy as the stack would allow getting roughly anywhere from 8-15reps a set

Then I shifted over to some ab work starting with hanging leg raises and doing about 4sets from 15reps down 8reps. Kneeling rope crunch working the stack heavier each set for about 3sets of 15-12reps.

Capped the workout off with 25min of liss on the tread (which is a lot for me lately) and am now ready for a bit of down time!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oq46GbA3KY"]YouTube - 455lbs x 12reps - BB Shrugs[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs54uGZZu_4"]YouTube - 495lbs x 11reps - BB Shrugs[/nomedia]
    Jimmy Robinson

19. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Answers

Jesus those are big number! Hey what gym do you go to?
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah I gave up on the lighter weight and more controlled movements with BB shrugs and started stacking plates. Since than, my traps have been getting killed!

I work out at a local chain, Retro...? Around my area we had a great gym geared towards bodybuilders and that's basically where I spent all of my years lifting. Untill they went under, I signed up to the next best thing around. For 20$ a month and being able to go to any Retro around...it works for me!
    Jimmy Robinson

21. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

15min of liss this morning followed by a shoulder workout later on

Was going to bring my camera in today to record some lifts, but I didn’t think I was going to pull off anything worthwhile.

Last week I was going to start off with DB military presses, but I wanted to record a lift for a member on another board, so I went ahead and started off with BB presses again. I still wanted to get at those DB presses, so I threw them in as my last exercise. If you read a few posts back, you’ll see I went up to 100’s and failed on the first attempt to kick them up and was stuck in a 3/4curl fighting them up lol This burnt me out and on my second attempt (I got them up now that I remembered how tough it was to kick those heavy suckers up) only allowed me to get 5reps (which still wasn’t bad at all in my eyes due to it being my last exercise).

So with shoulders on tap for today, I was hungry to get at those DB presses first thing and see where I’m at!

DB Military Press - 3warmup sets and 3work sets
    • 35lbs - 12reps 45lbs - 15reps 65lbs - 12reps
    • 90lbs - 12reps
    • 100lbs - 9reps, after getting set and ready to kick these up…giving myself enough time to get my head straight, they flew up no problem and pressed them out for 9reps on my own. This lit a fire and had me hungry for more. Now I wanted to see if I could take it up a notch.
    • 105lbs - 7reps, knew this was obviously going to be that much heavier, especially after owning that previous set. So I took my time to recover and pull it together for this set. Picking them up from the rack and knowing I have to kick them up 90degrees kind of set the tone. I got my mind right and blasted them up to shoulder level. I got so psyched to kick them up that when they got there, I literally blanked for a split second and had to regroup. It was almost like, damn I got those up? Now it’s time to get this!!! Crushed out 5reps on my own and 2 more with a light spot, no struggle! HUGE step forward and a real benchmark in my progress! Chest pressing heavy DB’s etc is easy since you can just lay back with the DB’s or only have to kick them a quarter of the way back (if doing incline). Anyone that does DB military presses knows how tough it is to kick heavy DB’s up to shoulder level! It sucks because I can press weight no problem, but just getting those DB’s up has always limited my progress. I’ve had them placed in my hands at shoulder level at the same time and that was tough too. Going from nothing…just sitting there, to having 100lb+ DB’s dropped in your hands is kind of tough to adjust to. Big moves forward!

Rope Rear Delt Pull
    • 72lbs - 15reps
    • 95lbs - 15reps
    • 115lbs - 12reps

Front Hammer DB Raise
    • 40lbs - 12reps
    • 50lbs - 10reps
    • 60lbs - 7reps

Incline BB to chin - threw these in just to hit that upper chest shoulder tie-in
    • 185lbs - 15reps
    • 225lbs - 15reps

DB Side Laterals
    • 35lbs - 10reps
    • 45lbs - 8reps
    • 25lbs - 15reps

Finished this ridiculous shoulder workout off with 25min of liss. I’m doing a bit more cardio then one would recommend during a “bulk” but, this is how you keep it clean and how I want to do things! Going to sit at this cal intake and play with cardio for a bit until I’m even tighter than I am. Then I will bump cals and it’ll probably come from a couple burgers from burger king or something to really help pack the cals on lol
    Jimmy Robinson

22. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Didn't have a workout planned for today and wanted to get back in tomorrow. I may regret the move a tad because were supposed to get slammed by 2 different storms at once. So I may not be able to get out at all tomorrow so we'll have to see what happens. Oh well...2 days off isn't going to hurt
    Jimmy Robinson

23. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Well it felt good to get back in the gym today after having 2 days off. Was a little down on the strength end because my off days are low/med carb and I have a small minor head cold. No bother though as it was time to get the ball rolling again!

I was going to start things up with a back workout today, but decided to hit chest instead and back tomorrow! I’d like to be stronger on chest opposed to back, usually leading me to hit back (or whatever body part) first to get everything moving again (after day/s off) and lots of carbs back in me before hitting chest. Guess I was just a bit anxious to hit chest first

No sets were brought to failure so there was no spot on anything.

Decline BB - did about 3 warmup sets then moved into progressive sets - all sets on this were performed with full lockout and 2-3second all out squeeze at peak contraction
    • 135lbs - 15reps 155lbs - 15reps 185lbs - 12reps
    • 225lbs - 12reps 275lbs x 2 - 7reps each set

My chest was on fire after this exercise alone with that full lockout and ridiculous squeezing! Really takes a lot out of your overall strength too huh Normally I keep the tut protocol with a piston style fashion of lifting, so this was a nice change to really get that blood in there!

Incline Smith reverse grip
    • 90lbs each side - 10reps
    • 100lbs each side - 8reps
    • 110lbs each side - 7reps

PecDec - repped this out like crazy to really stretch things out and help push even more blood into the muscle
    • 190lbs - 25reps
    • 220lbs - 20reps
    • 250lbs - 15reps

Close Grip DB Press - all sets on this were performed with full lockout and 2-3second all out squeeze at peak contraction
    • 60lbs - 15reps
    • 80lbs - 10reps
    • 95lbs - 8reps

Decline Iso HS - all sets on this were performed with full lockout and 2-3second all out squeeze at peak contraction
    • 135lbs each side - 9reps
    • 170lbs each side - 7reps drop set 90lbs each side - 8reps

I got right out of there after I was finished up blasting my chest. Normally my workouts may be followed by cardio but, since I was feeling a little drowsy I decided to just get home and eat!
    Jimmy Robinson

24. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Answers

it looks like I got some reading to do!
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

lol just lots of numbers...few other things here and there
    Jimmy Robinson

26. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

A pivotal point in my career

The last week or two I’ve been noticing some changes in the mirror as well as many others picking up on my progress. I’ve been feeling like a beast lately and have just been ripping it up in the gym! Non-stop eating clean, lots of food, crushing weight, plenty of days off from the gym with lots of sleep, recovery is top notch, just totally on point.

Like I’ve mentioned throughout my log, I’ve “never” had a progressive off-season. It always included missed meals, lack of sleep and not the cleanest sources of food. I would still tare it up in the gym, eat a ton and gain some new muscle, but it came with a lot of fat and my gains weren’t as good as they obviously could be.

When it comes time to diet down for a show, I never miss a meal, eat 100% clean and am firing on all cylinders. So the vast difference from one to another creates such an anabolic environment (for the first month or so until cals get pretty low) and even though I’m eating less cals, I have all my T’s crossed and I’s dotted that I actually grow a bit for the first few weeks.

Getting my butt in gear and ready to make some serious moves forward, I kept this same dedication, discipline and focus I own throughout when I diet down for a show and carried it right into my offseason. I’ve made leaps and bounds in my progress and I’m nowhere near done yet. Just to give you an idea of where my head is at, since my show in October (well heck, even all throughout the time I was dieting for that show) I haven’t missed a single meal a day consisting of either 6 or 7 meals. I haven’t stepped too far outside the lines (cheating on my diet like crazy) without regaining control, never missing a beat, just killing it on all levels. My body has literally been in an anabolic state from the second I wake up till I lay down for bed, 7days a week, for the past few months, constantly just pushing and pushing waiting for it to break!

The reason I’m mentioning all of this (besides the fact that I’m totally thrilled and so happy for myself) is that I think my body has finally given up and broken into the next stage of growth! With all of the reasons mentioned above, the body has to eventually break.

Those of us that have been going at this for a long time know that “the next level” doesn’t come easy! You have to really bust your butt and work extremely hard to take a physique that has been broken down so many times and adapted each time to take that level of abuse and some, to then reach a level able to break it yet again!

We all know that when the threshold is broken, new gains will follow. Given how “on point” I am and will continue to be, I can’t wait to see how far this spurt goes (especially having everything at 100%) till things level out, then leaving me to fight yet another battle!
    Jimmy Robinson

27. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

In complete beast mode, I couldn’t wait to blast my back! Definitely one of my favorite body parts to train.

So yesterday’s workout went a little something like this:

Pullups
    • Body weight - 15reps, 12reps
    • 10lbs - 10reps
    • 15lbs - 10reps w/a light spot

BB Row - under grip and pulling into the lower half of abs
    • 205lbs - 12reps
    • 245lbs - 9reps
    • 265lsb - 7reps with a tiny bit of body language on the last 2 or 3reps

Rack Deads
    • 315lbs - 10reps
    • 405lbs - 10reps
    • 425lbs - 9reps
    • 435lbs - 8reps

Seated Cable Rope Row - squeezing the heck out of each rep on the first 2 sets
    • 100lbs - 12reps
    • 120lbs - 8reps
    • 180lbs - 10reps

DB Row
    • 95lbs - 10reps
    • 105lbs - 9reps
    • 115lbs - 7reps

Pulldowns to the front - just 2 quick sets to stretch things out a bit
    • 120lbs - 12reps
    • 140lbs - 10reps

DB Pullover
    • 90lbs - 9reps
    • 100lbs - 8reps
    • 115lbs - 7reps

That would conclude one super smash session for back, followed by 25min of liss on the tread. I’ll be taking off tomorrow and hitting the gym again on Sunday, possibly Monday as well. Not sure what I’ll be training yet as I have to look things over to see what I feel comfortable with filling in the blank.
    Jimmy Robinson

28. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

I took yesterday off from the gym to give my lower back another day to recover so I could squat without it being on fire. So, I wake up and my back was still a bit sore today. I didn’t want to take another day off from the gym, nor did I want to hit upper body again, so I sucked it up and off I went to hit legs.

Had a specific workout lined up and ready to be played out, but when I got to the gym it was extremely packed and I was a little pressed for time. So instead of waiting forever for each machine to open up, I changed things up and set up shop on the Smith machine and just squatted away doing a 10x10 routine.

If some of you have been following along, or not…you may know that I’m taking a step back on my leg training to let my upper body catch up a bit. I’ve been hitting legs say once every 2weeks or a little longer. So that stamina it takes to grind through a tough leg workout isn’t really all there. It may be time to turn things back up again?

Smith Squats - 3warm up sets followed by 10sets of 10reps - BRUTAL!
    • 45lbs each side - 15reps 70lbs each side - 15reps 90lbs each side - 12reps
    • 3plates each side - 10sets of 10reps - no breaks in between reps - just deep squatting in a piston type fashion. This got really tough towards the last 4sets. Had me really working for those last few reps!

Seated Hamstring Curl - 3sets each leg 15-12reps each set

No cardio afterwards and I was out of there pretty quick. My legs still feel like they got a good deal of work, but to pick things back up I’ll be hitting legs again sooner than 2weeks.
    Jimmy Robinson

29. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Answers

WOW those are big number! Keep up the good work bro!!!! How come you do tread for cardio?
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

For low intensity...it seems to get my heart rate to where I want it the easiest without killing me.

I do my hiit sessions on the recumbent bike and bring in the stepper when it's time to diet down.
    Jimmy Robinson

31. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Off today and an arm workout up to bat tomorrow!
    Jimmy Robinson

32. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

yeeaaaaaaaah buddy!

Quick, hard and heavy arm workout in the books!

Got into the gym at prime time unfortunately and it was ridicuously packed!

Warmed up just a little bit and jumped right into things.

Started off with Preacher DB Curls 1 arm at a time
    25lbs - 15reps
    35lbs - 15reps
    45lbs - 10reps
    60lbs - 9reps
    70lbs - 8reps but with a spot out of the hole on pretty much each rep

For a change, I went and did ez bar curls next with a wide grip
    85lbs - 15reps
    105lbs - 12reps
    115lbs - 10reps

Moved on to tricep pushdowns alternating between a close and wide grip each set
    half the stack for reps
    3/4 the stack for reps
    then just racked the stack for 2sets of both close and wide grip

Overhead DB extension
    95lbs - 13reps
    105lbs - 12reps
    110lbs - 9reps

Close Grip BB Press
    225lbs x 3 - 12,10,10reps

Shot over to the treadmill for some cardio action. Did 15min of liss and that was that.

Took today off and will be in the gym tomorrow for back, followed by chest on saturday!! Stay tuned
    Jimmy Robinson

33. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Pullups
    • Body weight - 16reps, 13reps
    • 10lbs - 10reps

BB Row - under grip pulling low
    • 225lbs - 11reps
    • 265lbs - 9reps
    • 286lbs - 9reps - I hit this set after a nice rest to gain some good strength back after my second set. Small amount of body language towards the very end but, nothing too drastic.

Rack Deads - changed things up a bit here
    • 315lbs - 20reps
    • 275lbs - 20reps
    • 225lbs - 20reps

DB Row
    • 55lbs - 8reps - completely extended stretch at the bottom, with a 3second squeeze at the top. As light of a weight this was, the way I did them really made the muscle work!
    • 100lbs - 9reps
    • 110lbs - 7reps

Pulldowns to the front super setted with a cable rope push down type movement to hit the serratus
    • 120lbs - 11reps ss 42lbs - 15reps
    • 120lbs - 10reps ss 50lbs - 13reps
    • 100lbs - 9reps ss 57lbs - 10reps

Hypers - 2 quick sets because I haven’t done them in a while
    • Body weight - 20reps
    • 25lbs - 12reps

Finishing things up with 15min of liss on the tread, today called for 25g of whey post wo…so I shot that back and off I went to enjoy the rest of the day.
    Jimmy Robinson

34. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

I was charged up and ready to go for a killer chest session today. Only thing is on certain days I can only get 1 meal in before my workout so, it definitely has been taking a toll on my strength as I’ve been noticing. Still making it happen but, I normally like to get at least 2 meals in before a workout for that extra energy.

Today was a hypertrophy approach to my training session

Incline Smith - under grip
    • 45lbs on each side - 15reps 55lbs each side - 12reps 70lbs each side - 11reps
    • 90lbs each side - 10reps 110lbs each side - 9reps
    • 120lbs each side - 5reps - drop set - 90lbs each side - 5reps, this set was to failure

Flat DB Press - all with a second or two pause at the bottom
    • 90lbs - 10reps
    • 100lbs - 9reps
    • 110lbs - 8reps

Decline HS machine
    • 135lbs each side - 10reps
    • 160lbs each side - 8reps
    • 180lbs - 6reps - drop set - 135lbs - 4reps, this set was to failure

Top Cable Flye - very slow reps with full contraction at bottom portion of rep
    • 22lbs - 12reps
    • 32lbs - 14reps
    • 37lbs - 12reps
    • 42lbs - 8reps

No cardio after today’s workout and just got right into my post wo supps, followed by my monster post wo meal! So stuffed…
    Jimmy Robinson

35. Advanced Member
    Answers

have you tried yok3d yet and if so,any info? i have usplabs products in my cabinet now and and for the past four years.prime is my fav.,but also have modern bcaa's,,pink,recreate,out of ap and jk3d currently.good products and jacob gives some really good bargains.workout info was good.thanks
  36. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by willib View Post
    have you tried yok3d yet and if so,any info? i have usplabs products in my cabinet now and and for the past four years.prime is my fav.,but also have modern bcaa's,,pink,recreate,out of ap and jk3d currently.good products and jacob gives some really good bargains.workout info was good.thanks
    Hey willib, thanks for stopping by. I have not tried yok3d yet and look forward to getting my hands on it. There is plenty of info here:
    http://www.usplabsdirect.com/forum/y...-beta-testing/

Sounds like you have quite the collection of USPlabs products. Makes sense though as they put out such quality supplements.

Glad you found some of my workout information useful
    Jimmy Robinson

37. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

After getting my butt kicked during my last leg session, I’ve decided to get back to working them more often than I was. Like I mentioned earlier, I cut back on how often I worked legs to let my upper body catch up a bit. Time to get the wheels spinning again! I mixed things up by doing quads and hams from exercise to exercise opposed to doing all quads then hams.

BB Squat
    • 135lbs - 15reps 185lbs - 15reps 225lbs - 15reps
    • 275lbs - 12reps 315lbs - 12reps 275lbs - 12reps

Laying Ham Curl - don’t remember the weight here as I’m not tracking my leg workouts at the moment. So there will be a few things I can’t pinpoint weight on.
    • 4sets - 15reps, 13reps, 11reps, 9reps,

BB SLDL
    • 185lbs - 15reps
    • 225lbs - 12reps
    • 275lbs - 9reps

Quad Extension
    • 4sets - 15reps, 12reps, 10reps, 8reps with a few forced reps towards the end

Adductor Machine
    • 4sets - 20reps, 20reps, 15reps, 15reps

Didn’t do any post wo cardio so my legs can have the chance to breathe and get on the road to recovery I have a shoulder workout lined up for tomorrow and as always I’m ready to get it in!
    Jimmy Robinson

38. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

I woke up this morning and knocked out 20min of liss on the tread. Had some shoveling to take care of outside after breakfast, then got things ready for my shoulder workout later on. Recorded 2 vids that I’ll throw up just to see what’s going on in the gym

DB Military
    • 45lbs - 15reps 55lbs - 12reps 65lbs - 9reps
    • 95lbs - 13reps - recorded - I decided to up the reps on this set because I didn’t think I was going to go any heavier. Figured what the heck and went back to what I did the other week to keep that confidence level there kicking those big db’s up
    • 105lbs - 8reps

Rear PecDec
    • 115lbs - 15reps
    • 145lbs - 12reps
    • 160lbs - 10reps

Incline BB Press
    • 225lbs - 12reps
    • 205lbs - 12reps
    • 185lbs - 13reps

DB Hammer Raise
    • 35lbs - 12reps
    • 40lbs - 10reps
    • 45lbs - 8reps

Upright Rows
    • 90lbs - 12reps
    • 100lbs - 15reps - recorded just for the heck of it, nothing special with this lift
    • 110lbs - 10reps drop set 80lbs - 4reps

Finished the workout off with another 20min of liss on the tread and here I am now ha

I may drop cals soon just a tad and ride that out for a little bit. I want to toy around with things and see if I can continue to go up in strength while nipping away at a little more bodyfat by dropping cals. I’m sitting at 208.4 this morning and holding rather well I feel. So we’ll see what I decide to do in the next week or so and take it from there!

YouTube - DB Military - 95lbs x 13reps

YouTube - Upright Row - 100lbs x 15reps
    Jimmy Robinson

39. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

Blasted through a nice and heavy back session, making sure form was never compromised as I was moving up in weight!

Pullups
    • body weight - 17reps, 14reps, 10reps

BB Row
    • 245lbs - 10reps
    • 285lbs - 8reps
    • 225lbs - 11reps

Rack Deads
    • 315lbs - 11reps
    • 405lbs - 10reps
    • 445lbs - 9reps

DB Row
    • 105lbs - 10reps
    • 115lbs - 8reps

DB Pullover
    • 105lbs - 8reps
    • 95lbs - 10reps

Pulldown to front - slow reps to stretch everything out
    • 120lbs - 12reps
    • 100lbs - 14reps

Had to get out pretty quick as it was getting quite late, so I didn’t do any cardio afterwards. I have a quick chest session up to bat today and as always...I'm ready to get the job done!
    Jimmy Robinson

40. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Answers

I’ve been staying with my hypertrophy setup for chest day as of lately since doing just as I planned has been working. Doing the DC and 5x5 style workouts mixed in here and there to bring my strength up and now I’m carrying that over into my growth workouts.

Next workout will be a high rep, blood volume type workout to help flush out any waste as I haven’t did that in some time.

Flat DB
    • 45lbs - 20reps 60lbs - 12reps 70lbs - 10reps…all quick rep warmup sets
    • 100lbs - 10reps - nice stretch and pause at the bottom, controlled reps
    • 110lbs - 11reps - just short of failure
    • 120lbs - 9reps - small spot on this set only on the last 2 or 3 reps, but still not to failure

Incline HS - haven’t done this forever and I wanted to bring something new in today
    • 3plates and a quarter each side - 11reps
    • 4plates each side - 8reps
    • 4plates and a quarter each side - 8reps - light spot on a couple reps and took this to failure

Flat Fixed Press
    • 205lbs - 10reps
    • 235lbs - 9reps
    • 250lbs - 8reps, failure here…really working for that last rep with no spot

Close Grip DB Press
    • 85lbs - 10reps
    • 75lbs - 11reps
    • 65lbs - 12reps

Didn’t finish this workout off with cardio as well as I was a little pressed for time. *I’ve dropped my cals by just under 200 and mostly from carbs on my workout days. Pulled roughly 80 or so out on my non workout days from carbs but upped the protein a bit. Verdict is I’ve been tagging in each morning lighter and lighter for the past 3days since doing this AND going up in strength. Exactly what I’m aiming for and will stick at this point for a little bit and then possibly drop cals a tiny bit more. I’m not looking to diet down or anything but, I’m looking for that sweet spot where I can continue to grow on minimal cals to help keep body fat in check even further. So I’m sitting at roughly 3700 cals on workout days and just under on non-workout days. I’ll keep at this like I said and just basically go from there and adjust as needed!
    Jimmy Robinson

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Jimmy Tango's Fat Busters
    By SilentBob187 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2008, 12:34 PM
  2. The Jimmy Kimmel Show!
    By 3PeteNC in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-10-2007, 02:27 PM
  3. NFL season kickoff whos your team?!?!?
    By BMW in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 06:19 PM
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-27-2005, 03:47 PM