ModernBCAA Grape Bubblegum - Review & Thanks

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A big THANKS to USP Labs for sending me a ModernBCAA package with the new Jacked flavor and a Jacked beanie. Jacob followed through, and his generosity is commendable on these boards.

I had purchased this package on the IC release, but it's great to get a second set. I'm passing around a tub of the Raspberry to guys at my gym so they can try it out too.

I've been using the Grape Bubblegum about 30 minutes post workout before 2nd breakfast. I've used 1 scoop in 1000ml (liter) and 500ml, and both have dissolved as promised.

Mixability: 10/10 No floaties or residue the way Xtend or BC+EAA used to. Mixes in about 30 seconds with some shaking in between. Ideal!

Coloring: 10/10 I really like how unobtrusive it is without coloring, GREAT! Looks like I'm taking just a water bottle to meetings. Ideal!

Taste: 9/10 Very light flavoring, with only a slight leucine after taste. It's quite refreshing in the AM after a workout, not as in your face as other BCAA products. I like it a lot!

Effect: ? too soon to tell, but I use it for mTOR spiking before meals, so with the high leucine content it only takes 1 scoop to get the desired effect. I like this a lot!

Overall: 9/10 - Depending on price, I could see myself using this as a go-to BCAA product. It is certainly a refreshing alternative in an otherwise overly-colored world. I hate answering people on what I'm drinking, much easier to be clear. Well done USP Labs!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great feedback here! Thank You for taking the time to write this out!

What is your favorite flavor?

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sincerely this is The BEST BCAA i ever tried

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Coloring: 10/10 I really like how unobtrusive it is without coloring, GREAT! Looks like I'm taking just a water bottle to meetings. Ideal!
Without coloring? It's not even close to clear.. Sure it's translucent, too bad it's got that hue. No way would anyone confuse it for water.

The blue raz, sure. The grape, no way.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Without coloring? It's not even close to clear.. Sure it's translucent, too bad it's got that hue. No way would anyone confuse it for water.

Sorry, I have a slightly tinted water bottle so I don't notice the hue. As far as anyone can tell in my office, I'm drinking a lot of water!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great feedback here! Thank You for taking the time to write this out!

What is your favorite flavor?
I've only tried the Grape, but I'm looking forward to trying the raspberry (not looking forward to the Unflavored too much, need to get some Crystal Light).

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Grape will have a slight purple tint due to the natural flavoring from grape peels.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've only tried the Grape, but I'm looking forward to trying the raspberry (not looking forward to the Unflavored too much, need to get some Crystal Light).
Awesome...

And yes, be sure to mix it with something!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Grape will have a slight purple tint due to the natural flavoring from grape peels.
I'd hate to have the job to peel those grapes...

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd hate to have the job to peel those grapes...
hahaha reminds me of an old I love Lucy episode I watched as a kid at my grandma's house...

Lucy stomping around in a vat of grapes, trying to make wine...

I really hope Jacob does not decide to add that to my "To-Do" list!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really hope Jacob does not decide to add that to my "To-Do" list!
For some reason I think there's cheaper labor somewhere else... But hey, who wouldn't want grape skins made in the USA?

tWack

tWack

Awards
  • Established
I got the IC release also, started with the unflavored one.. I mix it in my water bottle with my isotonic drink powder, and the sour taste is almost undetectable. It's even growing on me..

Effect: ? too soon to tell, but I use it for mTOR spiking before meals, so with the high leucine content it only takes 1 scoop to get the desired effect. I like this a lot!
That's a nice idea.. You just chug 1 scoop with some water before meals?
Taking only 1 scoop will make it economical even.. interesting :)

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's a nice idea.. You just chug 1 scoop with some water before meals?
Taking only 1 scoop will make it economical even.. interesting :)
Yes, about 30 minutes or so before meals 1 scoop in water. I don't chug it, but it goes down pretty quickly, say ~10 minutes.

I need to read more on the science of it, but that was the takeaway I've gotten from what I've read so far.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Love the idea... Make your meals more anabolic, the easy (safe/legal) way!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, lesson learned. I let a guy at my gym borrow a tub of the BCAA Raspberry to try it out, and today he asked to buy it from me! Since I got that one free from USP I just let him keep it, but you can expect more purchases from him!

Now if only I had some samples packs to give out, it'd be much better than giving away my jugs!

tWack

tWack

Awards
  • Established
Well, lesson learned. I let a guy at my gym borrow a tub of the BCAA Raspberry to try it out, and today he asked to buy it from me! Since I got that one free from USP I just let him keep it, but you can expect more purchases from him!

Now if only I had some samples packs to give out, it'd be much better than giving away my jugs!
LOL I agree, they would probably work really well as samples..

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
is good drop BA in the mix?
You mean add in Beta Alanine in each drink? I'm not sure how it'd help with making meals anabolic, but it would help with dosing BA (which is supposed to be spread out anyway).

I just don't like scooping too much extra when I don't have to (other than pre-wo).

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You mean add in Beta Alanine in each drink? I'm not sure how it'd help with making meals anabolic, but it would help with dosing BA (which is supposed to be spread out anyway).

I just don't like scooping too much extra when I don't have to (other than pre-wo).

I`m mean Pre-Wo but i drop 3.2g yesterday on the Modern BCAA and works great i will test on (chest and legs day)