Review my Asteroid timing

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am going to start the asteroid stack along with OEP. Accoirding to the book with my prime my calories should be at 1500 for a cut and 2200 for a recomp. As for macros I was planning on going with mulletsoldiers recomendation of P-45%, C-20%, and F-35%. I work 3 days a week and am off four and of them four I lift 3 days.

I have started a new diet recently based on paleo principles. Basically it is no millk, grains, or beans. I am making an exception for whey though and for workout days I will eat a potatoes, basmati rice, or oatmeal. The rest of the day my carbs will come from only fruits and green veggies. I have started this diet not for weight loss but really just for a healthier body. I read the paleo diet book and decided to give it a try. I have asthma, excema outbreaks, acid refulx, heartburn, and headaches regulary. I am hoping this diet will help alleviate some of these problems.

For Prime I will take 6 caps a day with 0 days off. It will be 2 caps spread out to 3 times a day. (breakfeast, pre workout, and with last meal)

For Powerfull 2 caps pre workout and 2 caps pre bed. Will be taken 6 days a week with one day off.

For OEP 1 in morning with AP and 1 pre workout.

For the Anabolic Pump I am going by mulletsoldiers write up. I would classify myself as Type I Carb Reactive. For this reason, during my first seven days of AP I will take the AP 30-45 min prior to my carb meals and the meals will contain 20-40g of carbs. After the 7 days depending on how I respond this can change 15-20min earlier and my carbs meals may go up as much as 60g carbs.

How does all this look?

Now I have a couple of questions.

On non-workout days I plan on eating straight paleo which means my carbs will be only fruit and veggies. Would AP benefit me with such little carbs? I also have capped a bottle of yellow gold if this would be more suitable for these days.

For breakfeast I usually have some eggs with mushroom, peppers, onions, spinach, or etc.. With this I usually have some kind of fruit like orange or grapefruit. Would AP be good before this meal or a waste?

For dosing of AP I was thinking 1 cap with pre workout meal and 1 cap when I am on my last set then immeadiately a whey shake (as suggested in the asteroid manual). I had another question here. Won't the pre workout AP still be in my system? I assume there is a reason why it is suggested to take another AP again so close to my first dose, I was just curious as to what it was. Now if I do take an AP on my last set would I need another one for my post workout meal?

Thanks for the suggestions and advice guys. Can't wait to start this stack

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was also wondering about the 69 protocol with prime. Would this be better for me to do? Or should I just stick with 6 caps a day cuz being it is my first time with this stack I will see benefits?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would use the straight yellow gold for the lower carb days and the AP for the heavier carb days. That way you are really taking advantage of the Banaba in AP. It needs insulin to make it do it's thing so higher carbs will work better with it. The Berberine doesn't really need the carbs to activate the Glut 4 uptake so better to use only berberine on lower carb days. Will help with nutrient shuttling and getting into keto if desired.

D

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
I think the 69 Protocol and other graduated dosing schemes are the most effective way to run Prime. Some people do report great results at just 6 caps a day, but others have experienced a longer time for it to kick in at that dosing. I would say go with 6/9 dosing to get the most out of it.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would use the straight yellow gold for the lower carb days and the AP for the heavier carb days. That way you are really taking advantage of the Banaba in AP. It needs insulin to make it do it's thing so higher carbs will work better with it. The Berberine doesn't really need the carbs to activate the Glut 4 uptake so better to use only berberine on lower carb days. Will help with nutrient shuttling and getting into keto if desired.
Anabolic Pump does not need insulin to work.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the 69 Protocol and other graduated dosing schemes are the most effective way to run Prime. Some people do report great results at just 6 caps a day, but others have experienced a longer time for it to kick in at that dosing. I would say go with 6/9 dosing to get the most out of it.
Agree.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is how today went..

woke up at 7am
7:20am - 1 cap YG, 2 caps Prime, 1 cap OEP
8:00am - 4 eggs with some red pepper and fresh baby spinach and a small orange
10am-1230pm - class
12:35pm - 1 cap AP
1:20pm - 3 scoop whey, half bannana, 1/3 cup dry oatmeal along with 2 cap fish oil and 2 cap prime
2:50pm - 2 scoop Jack3d, 3 cap powerfull, 1 cap oep
3:20 Workout
4:05pm - When I had about 4 sets left I took 1 cap AP
4:20 - Immeadiately after last set had a shake. Same mix as my pre workout shake except no fish oil
6:10 - 4.5oz grilled chicken breast, 8 aspargus spears with about 2 tbsp EVOO oil drizzled over top. 2 cap Prime
Later tonight before bed will have some celery stalks with a tbsp of peanut butter and 2 caps of powerfull and 50mg of zinc

Total Calories came to 2049
Fat - 72.8g - 32%
Saturated fat - 18g
Carbs - 130.1g - 25%
Fiber - 31.1g
Protein - 222.8g - 43%

Calories and macro percents came pretty close to what was recomended for this stack from what I read. How does everything look? Am I on the right track?

Tomorow I work so wednesday I will put up how my eating was tuesday on an off day to see if that is on the right track too.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks kleen.. you always come through man!!!! I thought I remembered us talking about using YG with fruit before but I couldnt really remember 100% so I was just checking. So I will save the AP for all carb meals and utilize my YG for meals that just have fruit in them. Thanks for the tip!!

Okay I will give the 69 protocol a shot. I was just wondering if since I never took it before if I would benefit from prime on the normal 6 cap dosage and save the 69 for a second run, but if you guys think it will be the best think I will give it a shot. Should I do a week or two at 6 caps a day then switch to 69? Or just go straight 69 right away?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay I will give the 69 protocol a shot. I was just wondering if since I never took it before if I would benefit from prime on the normal 6 cap dosage and save the 69 for a second run, but if you guys think it will be the best think I will give it a shot. Should I do a week or two at 6 caps a day then switch to 69? Or just go straight 69 right away?
I would recommend the 6/9 Protocol from the beginning.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Anabolic Pump does not need insulin to work.
Banaba is insulin dependent from everything I have read on it, it needs the insulin to act on the receptor first before it can do it's thing. This was a big part of the reason P-Slin required more carbs to do it's thing, both Gym S and Banaba were insulin dependent. Berberine which is the other ingredient in AP is not insulin dependent. So yeah AP works without the presence of insulin but not as well as it works with the presence of insulin. If he is trying to use his supplements in a more efficient manner then selecting the best supplement for the specific thing he is doing makes more sense. Save the AP for a carb up where you can take advantage of the full effect of the Banaba. Not discounting AP at all it is one of my favorite supps and very effective at it's job. However if he is already taking in low doses of carbs and has berberine that choice makes more sense, then take the AP at a more beneficial time when more carbs are involved.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some questions on Prime?

Does it make a difference if it is taken with food or empty stomach? Like does it matter if I take it before or after a meal or with a meal at all?

Second, how close to my workout do I want to take my prime? In the above timeline from yestarday u took it with my preworkout meal but I didn't lift till almost 2 hours later. Would it be better to take the prime when I take jacked which is 30min before my workout?

And lastly, in the book with prime they recomended for a recomp to take 6 caps everyday with no days off. Now with the 69 protocol do I take a day off? Or just 6 caps every day and 9 caps on workout days?

Thanks for all the advice guys

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Some questions on Prime?

Does it make a difference if it is taken with food or empty stomach? Like does it matter if I take it before or after a meal or with a meal at all?

Second, how close to my workout do I want to take my prime? In the above timeline from yestarday u took it with my preworkout meal but I didn't lift till almost 2 hours later. Would it be better to take the prime when I take jacked which is 30min before my workout?

And lastly, in the book with prime they recomended for a recomp to take 6 caps everyday with no days off. Now with the 69 protocol do I take a day off? Or just 6 caps every day and 9 caps on workout days?

Thanks for all the advice guys
Honestly with the half life of PRIME I don't really think it matters when you dose it around your workout. There is not a "Hit" from PRIME per dose, it is more of a saturation type of supplement. I along with many others have never had any noticeable effect on a pre workout basis. However I am not discounting PRIME because it kicks much ass. I just feel that it is better dosed at say 7-8 8 caps a day instead of a 69 protocol. It having a longer half life and working more as you become saturated with it timing your doses other than to space them out evenly is not of much use IMO. The staggered dosing just complicates it further than it needs to be without offering any benefit over normal dosing patterns. I have done both and results we just as good on a 7 a day moving up to 8 a day after a few weeks. DOn't kill yourself trying to time it just take regularly spaced out through the day. If you are taking 6 caps 2 caps 3 times a day 6:30AM, 2:00 PM, and 9 PM is fine if taking on an empty stomach take with some fishies and or flax oil, just something to perhaps help with absorption. Something to dilute the stomach acids a bit. Otherwise taking with food is fine too. Honestly Bro, if you are a responder to PRIME then you are going to have great results no matter how you take it. DAMN Now that I am thinking of it I should have gotten a couple bottles for my PCT! UGH!