energy from pslin.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
ive been using pslin off and on for along time now and have had great results as far as pumps and endurance are concerned:D. but what i some times have a problem with is energy levels. after pslin and my carbs i sometimes feel sluggish. and to make things worse ive been trying to stay off stims for awhile. is there a way to get the stim type energy it talks about with pslin?
maybe a diff carb source or timing issue? this is what i carb up with after pslin 2 bagels with almond butter 60carbs, 1 cup of oatmeal 30carbs and then a protien drink like muscle milk or lg bcaas/eaas along with 5grcreatine. what do you think of this? is it enough carbs? or too little carbs maybe not the right kind? any help would be much appreciated.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
im thinking of experimenting with some faster acting carbs maybe that will help boost energy with pslin. or i may dose pslin immediately before carb intake instead of 15min before. will see if this helps.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
More than likely you need to inakte more carbs since lowered blood glucose levels will cause a drop in energy.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
More than likely you need to inakte more carbs since lowered blood glucose levels will cause a drop in energy.
your prob right but ive been taking in roughly 90-100 in complex carbs. but everyone is different so i will give it a shot. also thinking about adding some honey or fruit so it may kick alittle sooner.

your prob right but ive been taking in roughly 90-100 in complex carbs. but everyone is different so i will give it a shot. also thinking about adding some honey or fruit so it may kick alittle sooner.
Do you usually process carbohydrates efficiently without the use of PSLIN?

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Do you usually process carbohydrates efficiently without the use of PSLIN?
hi Jacob thanks for responding. im not quite sure what you mean by process carbs efficiently. if it means can i eat a lot of carbs without gaining alot of fat then yes:D i dont restrict my diet much as im a sprinter and everything i eat gets burned up lol. i have a naturally lean physique but i do build muscle fairly well. im currently 6'3 198lbs if that matter or helps. thanks again

hi Jacob thanks for responding. im not quite sure what you mean by process carbs efficiently. if it means can i eat a lot of carbs without gaining alot of fat then yes:D i dont restrict my diet much as im a sprinter and everything i eat gets burned up lol. i have a naturally lean physique but i do build muscle fairly well. im currently 6'3 198lbs if that matter or helps. thanks again
3 things could be happening to cause the lethargy.

You are eating to much fat with your carbohydrates resulting in a larger insulin spike or you are not eating enough carbohydrates or you are eating to many carbohydrates..

Do this start at 60grams complex carbohydrates and see if it persists and slowly build on the 60grams by addding carbs in 5 or 10gram incriments. Keep fat intake around 8-10grams and of course get include protein.

This way you learn the carbohydrate set point and can play off that.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
3 things could be happening to cause the lethargy.

You are eating to much fat with your carbohydrates resulting in a larger insulin spike or you are not eating enough carbohydrates or you are eating to many carbohydrates..

Do this start at 60grams complex carbohydrates and see if it persists and slowly build on the 60grams by addding carbs in 5 or 10gram incriments. Keep fat intake around 8-10grams and of course get include protein.

This way you learn the carbohydrate set point and can play off that.
thanks J i will try that my next workout. by the way lethargy aside ive been getting some of the best pumps and endurance despite not taking any preworkout products.:fing02: pslin is an awesome product.

Sapper564

Sapper564

Awards
When i use to take P-Slin I would take around 80g of carbs, and I would take P-Slin around 10-20 before the carbs. I would usually take Pr shake with the carbs.

I usually had great energy from p-Slin. I have not used it for a while although I am currently using AP.

I am preparing for a PLing comp in 6 weeks so I may invest in some P-Slin for the 3-4 weeks pre-comp.

Here is a post from back in the day
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/usp-labs/72548-usplabs-quick-look.html

DYEGYE

DYEGYE

Awards
  • Established
Hey- not trying to hijack the thread here, but I'm thinking about doing the AP- Pslin stack when I start bulking in the next couple weeks to try and keep the bulk as clean as possible. I just have a few questions:

Should I take both AP and Pslin before my PWO meal, or should I put that dose of AP with another meal instead?

I know Pslin is designed to work with complex carbs, but as was being said in this thread sometimes that doesn't quite work out depending on the user's carb efficiency. I'm somewhat new to proper dieting (I've been looking at it for a long time, but I just started really doing it in the last month or so with great results), so I'm not sure how efficient I am with carbs. Would a large sweet potato and a grilled chicken breast be a sufficient PWO meal taken with P-slin, or should I also add in some faster carbs such as a cup of white rice?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey- not trying to hijack the thread here, but I'm thinking about doing the AP- Pslin stack when I start bulking in the next couple weeks to try and keep the bulk as clean as possible. I just have a few questions:

Should I take both AP and Pslin before my PWO meal, or should I put that dose of AP with another meal instead?
You do not have to take P-Slin and Anabolic Pump together before your pre-workout meal. If you are stacking P-Slin and Anabolic Pump, you should take P-Slin about 15-20 minutes before your pre-workout meal containing at least 60-80gr (complex) carbohydrates (and up to 120gr). You can then take Anabolic Pump 15-20 minutes before two of your other carbohydrate-containing meals (at least 30gr and up to about 60gr) during the day.

I know Pslin is designed to work with complex carbs, but as was being said in this thread sometimes that doesn't quite work out depending on the user's carb efficiency. I'm somewhat new to proper dieting (I've been looking at it for a long time, but I just started really doing it in the last month or so with great results), so I'm not sure how efficient I am with carbs. Would a large sweet potato and a grilled chicken breast be a sufficient PWO meal taken with P-slin, or should I also add in some faster carbs such as a cup of white rice?
The main reason complex carbs are preferred to simple ones is that they induce less of an insulin spike than simple ones, implying a lesser susceptibility to triggering fat gain by being deposited in adipocytes via an insulin-mediated action.
P-Slin works well with complex carbohydrates (our preference), but can also be used with a combination of complex (say 75%-80%) and simple (say 20%-25%) carbohydrates. Aim for a minimum of 60gr-80gr of carbohydrates per meal, with an upper level of about 120gr, after an appropriate period of carbohydrate manipulation (experimentation).

What you alluded to in your comment "sometimes that doesn't quite work out depending on the user's carb efficiency" should not be directed at P-Slin or carbohydrates alone, rather at the total amount of calories per meal. Technically, a lethargic feeling after a meal is the physiological expression of a metabolic condition referred to as "post-prandial (after-meal) oxidative stress". In particular, the consumption of an excessive amount of calories (from carbohydrates, fats, and proteins) during a meal ensures that the bloodstream is overstuffed with sugars and fats, creating a disruption of endothelial function and a compromised efficiency in lipid oxidation. So, this condition is not just dependent on carbohydrate consumption alone, but rather on the overall caloric exposure per meal. This is why USPLabs in his earlier response to flightposite's post suggested a review of the overall amount of calories consumed post-P-Slin supplementation.

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Would it be prudent to take a fiber supplement like pysillium with my carbs to ensure they are complex, or would that be overkill?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would it be prudent to take a fiber supplement like pysillium with my carbs to ensure they are complex, or would that be overkill?
You could. Although the soluble fiber, Psyllium, will not necessarily convert simple carbs into complex ones, it should, nevertheless help reduce glucose absorption, as well as improve blood sugar levels and lipid profiles (reduction in cholesterol and LDL). Be careful, though, not to use fish-oil supplements immediately after meals containing psyllium, as it might bind some of these healthy fats and promote their excretion.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i just wanted to give an update for you guys. the last few days ive been experimenting like Jacob said to and ive had some great training days and energy levels are good:) the following are the changes i made 90 to 100gr of oats 10gr of bcaas 5gr creatine and alittle bit of honey for taste:D. i took out my bagels and almond butter aswell as my protein powder because it contains fat and malto which could have been causing my tired feeling. plus ive started taking my fishoil dose later in the day away from my pslin dose. hope this helps other people and thanks for all the help from the USP crew.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
one more question are bcaas as good or better then protein powder with pslin?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
one more question are bcaas as good or better then protein powder with pslin?
Both are fine, but I would personally prefer a complete protein profile. Or, better still, stack them.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i just wanted to give an update for you guys. the last few days ive been experimenting like Jacob said to and ive had some great training days and energy levels are good:) the following are the changes i made 90 to 100gr of oats 10gr of bcaas 5gr creatine and alittle bit of honey for taste:D. i took out my bagels and almond butter aswell as my protein powder because it contains fat and malto which could have been causing my tired feeling. plus ive started taking my fishoil dose later in the day away from my pslin dose. hope this helps other people and thanks for all the help from the USP crew.
Awesome! :thumbsup:

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long can u stay p-slin? is it all year long supplement?

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
anyone? usplab rep where are u buddy!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend